Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43509 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2007
Jackal,
i'm tryn 2 avoid dises so i wont say anytin negative about u.Now 2 d footie
champions league = 13 games,pl = 38 games. In pl u MUST play arsenal/chelsea/liverpool/man u home and away(unles ofcourse ur arsenal/chelsea/liverpool or man u).Not 2 mention spurs newcastle everton etc.In cl u wont get dat STIFF oposition.Who and who did AC play last year?
Who won cl in 04?Porto.Could dat porto team hav won d pl in 04 wen arsenal went unbeaten?A resounding NO!
Who won it in 05?Liverpool.They finished an incredible 5th dat year.Uefa had 2 bend d rules 4 dem 2 participate in d next edition.Could dat team hav amased chelseas RECORD haul of points? HELL NO!
Arsenal got to d final in 06 and could easily hav won it,yet they limped to 4th in d league.
Could AC milan hav goten d 90 points required to overtake man u last season?NO!
ANY team dat wins pl can win cl BUT not any team dat wins cl can win pl.So dont confuse PRESTIGE wit DIFICULTY.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ Ritchboy,

Aiiight, no more disses.
Lets discuss like real soccer-buffs now.

Champions League is more difficult. . . . .
First all, u have to realise UCL boasts of more quality teams than the Premiership so opposition is STIFFER.
A team willing to win UCL should be ready to face Liverpool, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan and Valencia.
Can u compare this premium quality of teams to Derby County, Portsmouth and Aston Villa.

Furthermore, the Premiership system is easier . . . . Its based on points.
It simply means u can win there, draw there, lose there and still win the Premiership.
In the UCL . . .every match is important in the K.O. stages, there's no formalty match.
You have to WIN every game to win the Champions league!!!

Blimey!!!!!!!! Man Utd lost on the last day of the Premiership and still won the title.
Arsenal, despite having a 10 game streak of not conceding any goal lost narrowly in the finals and thus lost the UCL.
Now tell me . . . . which is easier?
If Arsenal had the same kind of run in a league system . . . . they would have won the title but one narrow loss bleeped em up in the UCL.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2007
Jackal,
1st of all u dont hav 2 win EVRY game 2 win cl like u suggested.Technicly d only game u HAVE to win is d final.Do d math.
2.U WONT play all those teams u mentioned.d STIFFEST oposition AC played were man u,liverpool and bayern(uefa cup hopefuls).In pl u MUST play arsenal/chelsea/liverpool/man u/totenham/blackburn/everton/newcastle home and away.
3.u can win d cl by LUCK.i.e porto/liverpool.Imposible in pl.
So u c d cl is more prestigious no doubt but pl is harder to win.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 12:35pm On Oct 23, 2007
In the UCL you have the best of the best playing you never get Sienna, Catania, Derby, Energie Cottbus etc its always the best. Man utd can't win 5 games in the EPL

without breaking a sweat but when  you are playing champions all over Europe with contrasting styles you must be Very good to win. Stop being a local Champion.

Mean while  once again why do you say 13th placed EPL team is at par with 3rd placed Spanish league team I am still waiting for a reasonable response,
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2007
A.C eliminated Bayern, Man Utd and liverpool. Don't forget that Bayern Eliminated Real, man Utd eliminated Roma and Liverpool eliminated Chelsea

So AC can claim to be the champion of Champions.

Porto did not win by luck they eliminated Man Utd, Lyon, Real and Chelsea before getting to the finals is that what you called luck? I am sure it is easier to solve calculus

with luck or to pass an Arabic exam without prior knowledge with luck.

Liverpool eliminated Chelsea that beat Barca, Juventus that beat Real and Leverkusen that beat Real, Roma e.t.c before winning. You might win games by luck

but beleive me nobody wins a tournament by luck.

I am still waiting for why the 13th plced team in EPL is equal to 3rd in La Liga
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
i tot i had adresed dat question already. i never said the 13th ranked team in pl is beta dan d 3rd ranked team in spain or italy. all i said is dat d team dat FINISHED 13th,which is nucastle is AS GOOD AS d teams dat finished 3rd in spain and italy,dat is sevilla and lazio.Ofcourse they r both beta dan d 13th ranked team in england(which could be boro,westham,etc). R we clear?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
liverpool and porto were both lucky to win d cl.luk at d maner in which they knocked man u out(i'm sure jackal can elaborate on dat),or d maner in which liverpool knocked chelsea out,or d maner in which they won d final,which AC DOMINATED truout,bar 1 famous 17 minute spel ofcourse.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2007
@Ritchboi
Lets do it this way, the reasons why we have the UCL is this
LET THE BEST OF ALL LEAGUES COME TO PLAY, and lets see who is truly the best. So if u aint a very good team, u wont play in the UCL.
A competition that has the best will surely be harder to win compared to any league in the world.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ tkb417,

You took those words out of ma mouth.
How can anyone say UCL is less difficult than the Premiership?
Why should i be surprised when it came out of a GAYNNER'S mouth?
Theres nothing u will not hear from an Arsenal fan . . . . . . .
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
@jackal,
i tot we were playing NICE.Now u asked 4 it!!!
Nah,bak to footie
@tkb
wat does it matter if d best in europe r in d competition wen u wont actualy PLAY most of them?Wel i've already made most of my points previously,but let me say dis, it is POSIBLE to WIN d champions league by wining ONLY ONE match in d WHOLE competition!And. . . . .Dat one match kud b on penalties. U talk like there r no smal teams in cl,meanwhile teams like fc thun and levski sofia qualify each year.Botomline is,u cant compare league football to cup football.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 2:27pm On Oct 23, 2007
When you have a local mentality those are the words that you console yourself with.

The best of the best are in the Champions league. All those teams like FC Thun and Levski are the top teams in the various leagues and they bring a

new style of play and a new formation to the champions league so you have to be extra good to surmount all these teams in the UCL
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2007
guys guys are we talking about how good EPL is or are we still on the same topic: THE WORLD BEST COACH?
I dont like EPL but i know its a great league. in terms of Record LIVERPOOL is the best in England Manu rank 2nd, Arsenal? may 4th or 5th, check the records.
Forza milan.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

I remember a certain FC Conpenhagen beating Man Utd last season in the UCL.
How can we rubbish such achievement from a Danish side?
I still don't get what Ritchboy is talking about.
Why is it that various clubs have retained the domestic league and no team has been able to retain the UCL?

@ Ritchboy,

Would u say a team like Celtic/Lyon will find it more difficult to win SCOTTISH LEAGUE than the UCL? grin grin grin grin
If your answer is NO. . . . . then u have got no points.
Lets end this discussion and talk about Henry's divorce. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
why are u so ful of SHIT? U say d 'best of the best' r in ucl,havnt i already explained why dat doesnt mean as much as most people beleive it does? Or do u want me to keep repeating myself? And wat does it count for in d UCL if teams like fc thun or levski sofia r gud in their WEAK domestic leagues?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 3:10pm On Oct 23, 2007
"why is it dat various teams hav retained their domestic league but no team has retained ucl?"
good question.d reason is ucl is a CUP competition and the leagues are . . . . . i dont even no how to put it but,the LEAGUES are LEAGUES! Cup competitions hav knockout stages makin dem les predictable,1 slip up n u kud b out! But dat dusnt weigh up to d points i made earlier. Besides, i cant remember the last time a team retained d carling cup,dat doesnt mean much.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 3:38pm On Oct 23, 2007
why is it that various teams hav retained their domestic league but no team has retained ucl?"
good question.d reason is ucl is a CUP competition and the leagues are . . . . . i don't even no how to put it but,the LEAGUES are LEAGUES! Cup competitions hav knockout stages makin them les predictable,1 slip up n u kud b out! But that dusnt weigh up to d points i made earlier. Besides, i can't remember the last time a team retained d carling cup,that doesnt mean much.
grin grin grin i can only laff
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ tkb417,

Ritchboy is a clown.

@ Ritchboy,

Answer the question about Celtic and Lyon.
Lyon has been winning the French League for the past 5 seasons.
Are u trying to say its easier for em to win UCL than the French Ligue?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2007
Jackal,
d french/scotish leagues are much WEAKER than d epl.Ucl is harder to win dan those leagues.
@tkb
ur last post was absolutely POINTLESS
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2007
why is it that various teams hav retained their domestic league but no team has retained ucl?"
good question.d reason is ucl is a CUP competition and the leagues are . . . . . i don't even no how to put it but,the LEAGUES are LEAGUES! Cup competitions hav knockout stages makin them les predictable,1 slip up n u kud b out! But that dusnt weigh up to d points i made earlier. Besides, i can't remember the last time a team retained d carling cup,that doesnt mean much.

if there will ever be a post for the dullest clown on nairaland, the award has to go to RICHBOY
oh boy what's the meaning of your last post? maybe you have to read it again and repost.
Richboy pls show some sanity and maturity.
Even when TKB jibed at me I saw reason in what he said but to be honest throughout this trend u'v been saying sh*t and stupid things.

My opinion about you right now is that you are really drunk. Maybe when you come to ur right mind and you read all ur posts you will LOL.
Forza Milan
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2007
Gabriel,
i dont expect u to undastand,ur way too DUMB to do so.ur IQ is at par wit dat of a MAGGOT. tel me wats wrong wit wat i said or SHUT UP
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 4:45pm On Oct 23, 2007
RICHBOY

hey man keep the insult low. But how on earth do you want me to understan or explain what you posted when you dont even understand it yourself. Your last post was realy meaning[b]LESS[/b]. whose business is it if carling cup is won by defferent teams evry year. look man we are talking of europe. the CL is just way too strong.

Remember Almighty Madrid(with Zidane, Figo, a fully fit Raul, Ronaldo, Carlos etc) all many CL coud they win? just one infact that was b4 Ronaldo came.
CL is a very strong competetion. Yes some weak team like Porto or Liverpool of 2005 can sometimes win it. but i mosttimes once in 2-3years(so now you know why Arsenal got to the final . its just natural that a weak team has to sometimes make it to the top and the flop.)
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Oct 23, 2007
As a premiership club in the UCL you can play any of the top 4 which is tough on its own then you might still have to play Barca, Real, AC, Juventus, Bayern, Lyon and

other European powerhouse I am sure all of these clubs are stronger than Tottenham, Newcastle, Portmouth or Everton.

Do you remember Chelsea vs Barca in the last 3 season and how tough it was I don't think Chelsea would have played any match that intense since then.

Like Gabriel said once in a while a weak team would make it to the final and fate would play its part e.g, Leverkusen, Monaco, Arsenal etc
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 5:20pm On Oct 23, 2007
@gabriel
dat post was directed at jackal.so how is it my fault if u dont undastand it?Jackal said no team has retained d ucl den i said i cant remember d last time any team retained d carling cup.If u read the previous posts u wud hav undastood.
@dayo,
ur stil sayin d same tin. Playing d epl teams i mentioned is a MUST,whereas a team i ucl wont play QUATER of those "powerhouses" u mentioned.

BTW, dat arsenal team of 06 was not weak as u sugested.
Lehman(in his prime),lauren/eboue,toure,campbell,ashley cole,hleb/ljungberg,gilberto,fabregas,pires/reyes,rvp/bergkamp,henry is a posible startin xi.Dat team is as good as d milan team dat won it in may.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2007
BTW, that arsenal team of 06 was not weak as u sugested.
Lehman(in his prime),lauren/eboue,toure,campbell,ashley cole,hleb/ljungberg,gilberto,fabregas,pires/reyes,rvp/bergkamp,henry is a posible startin xi.Dat team is as good as d milan team that won it in may.

Are you kidding me? That Milan team is full of UCL veterans and a wonderkid called Kaka.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by hustler(m): 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2007
ritchboy:

BTW, that arsenal team of 06 was not weak as u sugested.
Lehman(in his prime),lauren/eboue,toure,campbell,ashley cole,hleb/ljungberg,gilberto,fabregas,pires/reyes,rvp/bergkamp,henry is a posible startin xi.Dat team is as good as d milan team that won it in may.

Maybe you should check what that Milan team and dat Arsenal team have achieved in terms of glory and analyze your statement again.Most likely u will find out that the team was nowhere near d Milan team in terms of class and achievements.

So what makes them as good as that Milan team which to me was even weaker than the one that lost to Liverpool in 2005.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2007
RICHBOY still arsenal does not rank among the elite in europe (not the team not its coach face the better truth dude.) you are full of disappointment in the CL.
RICHBOY as a gunner do you think you wud have won CL if Lehman was not sent off?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2007
@ gabrielgb,

Arsenal would have been beaten blue-black if Lehmann wasn't sent off . . . .
It took Ronaldinho and Deco just 12 mins to carve out Arsenal's defence and Etoo would have scored if Lehmann didnt bring him down.
Barcelona wanted a goal more than sending Lehmann off cos a 10-man team is sometimes hard to beat than 11 men.

The 10-man Arsenal side knew they had a job to do. They became more cautious than usual.
They were more compact trying to hit Barcelona on a counter instead of playing their normal free flowing footie that would have suited Barca.
It was like that until Barca saw DEFEAT hanging on their heads and they decided to take matters into their own hands.

Normally, the match would have ended 3-0 in favour of Barca.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 10:45pm On Oct 23, 2007
@gabriel
wat do u mean by "elite"?If u mean achievements in europe den i wud b d first to tel u dat arsenal hav underachieved in continental competitions.But if u mean "elite",as in d best teams in europe den only a mad man wud say arsenal arent among.
@dayo,
i dont want to argue,so let me asume dat AC team of last season is beta dan dat arsenal team of 06,how can u refer to dem as "weak"?EXPLAIN
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by folahann(m): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2007
Hey Guys, Arsenal crusing 7-0 in the UCL.
UCL joint record of goal margin
A team of  23 years as the  average age of the players.

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:21am On Oct 24, 2007
RICHBOY, arsenal a good no doubt but they need something extra than pretty futbal to be consider as elite of europe.
they dont have good record or History at thier side.

I am an Italian fan to the core but i will always have respect for Brazil they play very very good futbal win very good trophies 5 World cups. Now that's what i call an outstanding team that plays the pretties of futbal and has a lot of trophies to show for.

RICHBOY dont ever ever ever come compare your losers (Arsenal) to my all conquering AC MILAN. Dont ever make such stupid and annoying comparism again.
FORZA MILAN
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 7:47am On Oct 24, 2007
Ritchboi is a dullard.Thats the xteristics of a Gaynner. Its either they cant speak English or they just too dumb.

But, some are very tight, A-40,Viera,Lordi,KIT,Debosky. But, this Rithboi is just stupid just like the king of them all that is always on United's thread.

Stop posting here cos you cant make sence. Create a thread for the idiots and you'll get plenty of your likes flocking around you. Im tired of reading your posts.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2007
Being a great team or winning the champions league goes beyond playing pretty and beating some starving people from Prague 100-0.

You have to win trophies. When ARSE[/b]nal went haywire on Liverpool in the Carling and FA cup last season and ended up losing to Chelski and Blackburn. Awwh

Maybe if they have left liverpool alone, liverpool might have taken care of Chelsea like they do in cup competitions.[b] ASS[/b]nal should go and win something

before coming to disturb the Arena of winners not [b]losing finalists

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi Ranked 13th Best Player In The World / Ifeanyi Ubah And His Crew Fly Private Jet To Kaduna To Support Super Eagles.PICS / Asisat Oshoala Shows Her Shoe Closet And Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.