Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43514 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2007
@dayokanu
in jackals delusional world shalke is a cape verde team.and evry1 excluding himself is a mupet/lumox/pilock/asstard bla bla bla
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

Oooops ma bad,

But do u agree with me that Bundesliga is not as rated as Serie A, Premiership and La Liga?
Then what do u have to say about the English league's tedious schedule?
English clubs play 38 games without breaks . . . .German clubs play 34 games with 6 weeks break in between!!!!!!!!!
This is the reason why England/English clubs suffer more injuries than their contemporaries in Europe.

Take a look at this: http://www.scor-holding-switzerland.ch/4239.asp

That link should give u an idea why English clubs don't get too far in Europe.
The few clubs that get near to the UCL title are clubs that have no interest in the domestic title chase.
Liverpool in 2005 . . . Milan in 2007 and so on and forth.
You need to respect what English clubs are doing despite the FATIGUE and stress they go through week in week out.
Do i need to tell u why Milan ran over Man Utd again after reading that link?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2007
@Jackal
call him a NINNY. Cos hes a goat grin grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by deebarca: 1:00pm On Oct 22, 2007
When we are talking about best coach, we talk about achievement. arsene winger have not achieve anything in Europe, and they rate coahes according to their achievement and when we talk about coach, we talk about CAPELLO, SIR ALEX FERGUSSON, ANCELLOTI, MORINHO, RYKAAD. ect. for arsene winger he is a local champion. not one european cup even uefa cup. it is a shame.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 1:08pm On Oct 22, 2007
Deebarca,
isnt d premier league harder to win dan d champions league? So if hes achieved a harder task thrice wat r u talkin about?Local champion ma ass.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2007
isnt d premier league harder to win dan d champions league? So if hes achieved a harder task thrice what r u talkin about?Local champion ma ass
and who says? U?
ask urself why he couldnt win the one that is not difficult.

Dont say this on a forum abegg
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by deebarca: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2007
when we talk abount best coach in the world we talk about that have achieve both in the legue and europe. winger is a local champion, not one cup in europe, that is a shame. when we are talking about coach we mention the likes of CAPPELLO, ANCELLOTI, FAGIE, MORINHO, ECT,
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by deebarca: 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2007
champions league is a league of champion, it is a great thing for a club to win it that the reason why real madrid is the no 1 club in the world talking about all time best. you compare premiership with la liga and serie A not champions league
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 22, 2007
tkb,
ur obviously confused.Y dont u ask urself y he hasnt won d carling cup.I gues it it harder 2 win dan d league.
who won d cl in 04?Porto.Could dat porto team win d pl in 04 wen arsenal went unbeaten?A resounding NO!
Who won it in 05?Liverpool.They finished an ASTONISHIN 5th in d league dat year.Could dat team hav equaled chelseas RECORD haul of points?HELL NO!
Arsenal got 2 d final in 06 and could easily hav won it,yet they limped to fourth in d league.
Ac won it last year.Could dat team hav goten the 90 points needed 2 overtake man u?NO!
My point? ANY team dat wins pl can win cl,but not any team dat wins cl can win pl.So dont confuse prestige wit dificulty.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 2:00pm On Oct 22, 2007
The Bundesliga has fallen behind the Spanish, Italian and English game no doubt.

I think the English game alone benefitted from the change because minus Milan, I don't see much in other Italian clubs when it comes to UCL. Spain is becoming a

Barca-Real thing. Even Real Has faltered in recent times given their own standards.

But for me I would rather be a continental champion Look at some one like Jose Mourinho, he won 2 league titles in a row but I am sure he would have loved to win if just

1 UCL in his time at Chelsea. Milan Makes it clear that they are more concerned about UCL than the Serie A, Madrid is seen as a dwindling force because they can't hold

their own in the UCL again Bayern is bothered because we don't keep it real in the UCL any more. Any serious minded coach or team is more bothered about continental

trophies than being local Champs.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2007
@Ritchboi
i understand ur point. reasons why some clubs falter in the league and still win the UCL is just because of the preference for UCL.
Most coaches will be more elated winning the UCL than der local league.
EPL just like any other league is hard cos you need to win a lot of games to be on top at the end. In the EPL you have to play 38 games, meeen, thats a lot and if you aint on top of it throughout, ull loose out.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2007
Premier league is much harder to win dan champions league,so wen yal jud
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2007
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 2:42pm On Oct 22, 2007
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2007
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
so wen yal judge managers credibility primarily on d trophies theyve won in 'europe' i begin to question ur knowledge of football.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Faitymine(m): 2:48pm On Oct 22, 2007
jackal
German teams come with 3 teams to the CL. infact it was just of recent that English teams started coming with 4 teams.
EPL has to thank Man u for their good run in the CL because it was because of them that UEFA decided that English teams should come with four.

But on a second thought when are we going to have any other team beside Manu, Arsenal, liverpoll and chelsea coming to the CL from England?  EPL is just too predictable i am not an EPL fan but lets make it interesting and bring on maybe Man city of spurs. In La liga only Madrid is certain to caome to CL every year even Barca was not there in 2002/2003 season. And in calcio  only juve(befor their f**k up)  was always certain of coming to CL. we had different teams like Lazio, Fiorentina, Udinese, inter, milan, roma have all been in the CL for the last 7 seasons. in spain we had depotivo, sevilla, villareal, real betis, real mallocar, valencia, madrid and barca.
but in England i think only Newcastle was there besides these aformentioned teams.
Conclusion EPL is too predictable (in the past ten years just three teams has won the League.) not good enough.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2007
Fatai,
I understand what point but don't forget Leeds united in 2001, and Everton almost made it but was knocked out by Villareal in qualifying round.

But all said, the EPL is somehow predictable I wish Man City and Portsmouth would make top 4 so that they can be thrashed heavily in Europe Like the Everton was

Thrashed few years back and I can come here and take jibes at the entire premiership. grin grin tongue

misadventure. For that purpose I am a Man City fan. Up Man City grin grin Man City for life grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 3:33pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ Faitymine,
You said in Italy there were always 3 top teams!
Believe me, in England, there were more than only 3, the difference is that Man Utd beat any which came their way.
It is because of us a top team's (Liverpool) being record champion is in danger.
It was Man Utd who had to fight with a helluva clubs for winning the title, which means a lot of different teams challenging us and coming close but hardly beat us for the title.

Nowadays you can't imagine a club out of the top 4 in the PL to win the title, but here in following I will post you the top 3 over the years, showing that there have been so many different clubs challenging for the title, which means a lot of good teams, thus stronger competition than only with 3 teams over the years to fight it out with each other:

1993:
1. Manchester United
2. Aston Villa
3. Norwich City

1994:
1. Manchester United
2. Blackburn
3. Newcastle

1995:
1. Blackburn
2. Manchester United
3. Nottingham Forest

1996:
1. Manchester United
2. Newcastle
3. Liverpool

1997:
1. Manchester United
2. Newcastle
3. Arsenal

1998:
1. Arsenal
2. Manchester United
3. Liverpool

1999:
1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal
3. Chelsea

2000:
1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal
3. Leeds

2001:
1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool

2002:
1. Arsenal
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United

2003:
1. Manchester United
2. Arsenal
3. Newcastle
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004:
1. Arsenal
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United

2005:
1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Manchester United

2006:
1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
3. Liverpool

2007:
1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool

2008:  grin grin grin grin
1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool

You see, there are indeed 10 different teams finishing in the top 3 over 15 years! So, how can anyone say there wasn't that much competition?

Another fact shown above: Since the start of the Premier League Fergie has NEVER finished outside the Top 3!!! Another great achievement!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2007
I wonder how many teams hav won la liga in d last ten years.EPL is d BEST/most entertaining league in d world,the team dat finished 13th in england is as good as d team dat finished 3rd in spain and italy(newcastle,sevilla and lazio).At least there r 4 teams in england competing 4 1st place.In spain only real n barca hav realistic ambitions.D italian fa might as wel hand d title over 2 inter.roma,AC,juve r title pretenders.So quit hatin on england.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 3:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
jackal,dont agravate me.ARSENAL,d team ontop wit a game in hand arent title chalengers?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2007
@ Richboi
Remember what Sevilla did to Boro in the UEFA cup final 2 years ago.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2007
dayo,
wasnt dat game last year? Besides,wat does dat hav 2 do wit wat were talkin about.Remember wat ARSENAL did 2 dem a couple weeks ago?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 5:25pm On Oct 22, 2007
[b]jackal
German teams come with 3 teams to the CL. infact it was just of recent that English teams started coming with 4 teams.
EPL has to thank Man u for their good run in the CL because it was because of them that UEFA decided that English teams should come with four.

But on a second thought when are we going to have any other team beside Manu, Arsenal, liverpoll and chelsea coming to the CL from England? EPL is just too predictable i am not an EPL fan but lets make it interesting and bring on maybe Man city of spurs. In La liga only Madrid is certain to caome to CL every year even Barca was not there in 2002/2003 season. And in calcio only juve(befor their f**k up) was always certain of coming to CL. we had different teams like Lazio, Fiorentina, Udinese, inter, milan, roma have all been in the CL for the last 7 seasons. in spain we had depotivo, sevilla, villareal, real betis, real mallocar, valencia, madrid and barca.
but in England i think only Newcastle was there besides these aformentioned teams.
Conclusion EPL is too predictable (in the past ten years just three teams has won the League.) not good enough.[/b]

No boy should hit out at this guy cos i used hi ID to post.

I wonder how many teams hav won la liga in d last ten years.EPL is d BEST/most entertaining league in d world,the team that finished 13th in england is as good as d team that finished 3rd in spain and italy(newcastle,sevilla and lazio).At least there r 4 teams in england competing 4 1st place.In spain only real n barca hav realistic ambitions.D italian fa might as wel hand d title over 2 inter.roma,AC,juve r title pretenders.So quit hatin on england.

jackal and richboy i said 4 teams compete for the CL pot not for the title. You and i know liverpool has been a second fiddle fpr some tme. you made a rather annoying statement that a team that finidhed 13th is better than 4th placed team in spain and itally? LOL what a foolish statement. to think that EPL had the oppotunity to bring 5 teams to CL in 2005 and Everton was just of the pace. ( thats a 4th placed team that could to win against clubs from Bulgaria czech republic etc) and you want them to play again a fourt place roma valencia or villareal then. Bullshit. Even if there is meaning in what you are saying then English teams should have won the CL for the past 10 yrs.

Check out this record and proove me wrong,
England:::::ok i agree leeds was there in the CL and even got to the semis good record. but can you count how many EPL teams had been in the final and won it since 1992?man u arsenal and liverpool twice. last season 3 teams got to semis eventually 1 got to the final. This means just 2 wins for EPL.GOOD

Germany::::: 3 teams got to the final Beryen, Dotmund and leverkusen two won it.2 wins for them also.GOOD

Spain:::::::3 teams also almighty Madrid barca and valencia; 2 won it 4 wins ( madrid-3 and barca of recent 1) got 3 teams to the semis and Two eventually played the final VERY VERY GOOD

Italy::::::::2 teams got to the final Juve(4 times) and Milan(5 times) won it 4 times (milan-3, Juve 1) got 3 teams to the semis and 2 played the final.VERY VERY GOOD

from this analysis Spain and Italy are ahead they have some record England for now cannot break.

Besides world futballer of the year and european footballer of the year has always been from these two league. ( well Owen won 1) and yoyu say the EPL is better? LOL . EPL is overrated even we nigerians are overrating it.

Spain:::::::::3 teams got to the fina
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 22, 2007
Gabriel,
ur either incredibly FOOLISH or partialy BLIND.I said the team dat finished 13th in epl(newcastle) is AS GOOD AS(not 'better) dan d teams dat finished 3rd in spain(sevilla) and italy(lazio).
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2007
dayo,
wasnt that game last year? Besides,what does that hav 2 do wit what were talkin about.Remember what ARSENAL did 2 them a couple weeks ago?

At that time Sevilla was a mid table team just like Boro that is an example of 2 mid table teams from both leagues and Boro was beaten silly.

Arsenal beat Sevilla Yes. but think of the years of experience Arsenal has in the UCL compared with debutants like Sevilla. Remember what clubs use to do to Arsenal when

they were new to UCL too.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by jejelolatu(f): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2007
boys
boys
boys

goshhhhhhhhhhhh,all this arguments and counter arguments.
its all good though,but if u all will be patient and let the footballers play their game.we will all get to see the best team in the premiership for this season based on the league table,

but if we must argue grin grin grin grin grin
,then let meadd my voice and  say here that WENGER is the best coach and also that [OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL.]
arsenal will win the EPL cup.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
Gabriel,
your either incredibly FOOLISH or partialy BLIND.I said the team that finished 13th in epl(newcastle) is AS GOOD AS(not 'better) dan d teams that finished 3rd in spain(sevilla) and italy(lazio).

Richboy what is the better o worse word foolish and blind? once you get it attribute it to your self. i think your ID should be foolishboy not richboy.(i guess you fellas call you foolishboy but you just have to change it here).
I wont realy insult you back but if you aint so blind even boro was defeated by sevilla 4-0 in the uefa cup. the uefa cup is for second best teams in each league so if the 13th in epl(newcastle) is AS GOOD AS(not 'better) dan d teams that finished 3rd in spain(sevilla) and italy(lazio).[/b] the english teams should be winng every edition of uefa cup.

even Arsenal lost to Galatasaray from Turkey in uefa cup. You are a real foolishboy (sorry richboy)
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by hustler(m): 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2007
You guys still havent agreed that Fabio Capello is the best coach He needs to come and win the title with Julius Berger before you all agreeLOL.

Wenger is the best coach Based on what. Pls provide facts and reasons for us to agree with you. For nurturing young talent What about the guys at the Barcelona Academy??Ajax Academy, Atalanta youth set up.

Pls lets talk about coaches that have brought glory to the sides they have managed.

They should be none other than the following.

Capello, because for as far as i know he is the only coach that has won the most with different teams and not just in one country.Milan,Juve, Real and Roma.

Then ppl like Lippi, This man has won it all in football,world cup,league title, UCL,

Hitzfield,UCL, League titles,, ANcelotti, Scudetto and UCL titles and finals,

Ariggo Saccchi, UCL Title, League Titles, Coached the team named best side ever to play in Europe, 89-90 Milan side,

Rafa is also worthy of mention on this list, UCL and Uefa and La Liga different teams just like Mourinho and Capello , Most of these coaches we are naming here, Can they go to other teams say in other leagues that are different and quickly understand it and win trophies there Wenger was not a successful name in France like say Le Guen who couldn't replicate what he fluked in Lyon in Rangers.

One other thing here is i saw an argument a while ago bout English teams being 3 in the semis this yr. Lemme just add that when the spanish teams were 3 in the semis one spanish side won, when Inter,Milan and Juve were there, the red and black won,

When Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea were there and Andy "Bastard" Gray (Cuz i hate the prick) and his cohorts were predicting that the title would come to England and Milan would slump to Man U's firepower In Italy, guess who won it,
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:10am On Oct 23, 2007
Hustler

i like your analysis just that no EPL fan will agree with you. i am always upset when ppl say wenger grows young talents, what the hell has he won with them? The last time they won the league check the list their average age was about 25, considering Henry, Silver, Beckamp, Kanu, Lauren, Viera, Lumberg, were was Fabregas, VP, Clichey and the rest. The only thing this man has done with his young team is plays pretty without trophies. as the too farmiliar saying goes (u get fine handwritting but you still dey fail exams)LOL. Van gal had lots of young talents in Ajax; Seedorf, Overmas, Berkamp, Kluivert, Davids, Vander ser, Kanu, and he won the CL and the League infact beating almighty Milan. now thats a VERY GOOD YOUNG TEAM not the bunch of suckers you have in arsenal now.

Infact Barca has more home grown trophy winning and better young prodigy that Arsenal. Or has any Arsenal fan forgotten that even Fabregas came from Barca. lets face it Favregas can not have a starting shirt in this Barca. ( i dont see him benching even Iniester)

Lets Wenger do something with his young boys atleast win the EPL this season. cos non of this young guys has realy won anything.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 7:22am On Oct 23, 2007
hey richboy have not seen your post still thinking of wat to say? i thought by now you would have replied to my post. or you'v gone to google before you Know wat to say? bullshit.
Anytime I read you post i keep laughing.

By the way whats your Obsession about EPL that you kept posting EPL as the best league. I guess EPL is the best in the British Isles. TO me in Europe, EPL and Budeslenga rank the same to me. cos they have the same record in EPL maybe Budeslenga is even better hmmmmmm
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2007
Gabriel,
i no ur a retard but its not mandatory u exhibit ur ignorance in public.wat does sevilla beating boro hav 2 do wit wat i was talkin about?How can a sane human being use one game to judge.r u dis DUMB? A pregnant bufalo wil come up wit a beta criteria dan urs.Or r u disputing d fact dat newcastle r as gud a team as lazio or sevilla?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah And His Crew Fly Private Jet To Kaduna To Support Super Eagles.PICS / Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi Ranked 13th Best Player In The World / Asisat Oshoala Shows Her Shoe Closet And Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.