Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Who's The World's Best Football Coach? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who's The World's Best Football Coach? (43508 Views)

How To Become A Football Coach In Nigeria And Abroad! / Jose Mourinho : The Best Football Coach In The World / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2007
@ritchboi
na wa for u oo. Must you pass your messages with all these vibes
@All
EPL has done well overtime even in the 90s. At least United won around dat time. Its a fact that the Serie A and the La liga dominted things before but now, only three or four teams can come out confidently to play the top four in europe
Real, Barcelona,AC and Bayern.
Any other club name it, Valencia, Inter,Juventus,Leverkusen,Werder,Roma,Sevilla will get the Roma treatment grin grin grin

Back to reality: World's best coaches
Hitzfield,Capello,Ancellotti,Fergie,Mourhinho,benitez,Lippi. In no particular order.
If we wanna pick one, maybe Hitzfield cos of 2 UCL titles with different clubs, if its World Cup, ill pick Lippi, if its plenty local titles, FERGIE will win.

All these coaches have made their mark with one or two laurels on the global stage but WENGER is still not der. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:38am On Oct 23, 2007
@Richboy,
You were the one who said the 13th placed team in EPL is better than the 5th placed team in La Liga or Serie A? Yet we gave you an example of how a 5the placed team in

Spain thumped a 5th placed team in EPL to show that your reasoning is flawed. Sevilla beat Boro last year. This year again Sevilla eliminated Tottenham in the UEFA cup.

Do you remember that Blackburn was eliminated by Larissa of Greece like 3 weeks ago in the UEFA cup? and Blackburn was in the top 8 in the EPL last season.

Do you remember how Everton was disgraced out of Europe 2 seasons ago? Going to the mid tables, the Spanish and Italian league still does it better than the EPL going by

UEFA cup performances.

But when it comes to the top 4 teams they might be at par.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2007
benitez is a beta coach dan wenger? How? By wining 1 champions league? B serious please,i'm outa here
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:44am On Oct 23, 2007
Back to reality: World's best coaches
Hitzfield,Capello,Ancellotti,Fergie,Mourhinho,benitez,Lippi. In no particular order.
If we want to pick one, maybe Hitzfield because of 2 UCL titles with different clubs, if its World Cup, ill pick Lippi, if its plenty local titles, FERGIE will win.

All these coaches have made their mark with one or two laurels on the global stage but WENGER is still not der.

See what I said about half education? With just 2 hours coaching you are now yarning correct!! I promise you three shots of Paraga this weekend grin grin

Now TKB, I don't think we should give a coach the edge because of world cup because you can only win the world cup if you play in one. It would not be fair to rate SAF,

Hitzfeld or Wenger based on the fact that they have not won world cup before.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 8:48am On Oct 23, 2007
Okay Wenger is a better coach by what? playing 1 UCL final in a lifetime? and he qualifies for every UCL for the past 10 years

UCL

Okay look at this Wenger 10 years - 1 silver

and Benitez 5 years 1 gold , 1 silver not to mention the UEFA cup he won.

Choose which is better.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 8:56am On Oct 23, 2007
@Dayokanu
some coaches are national team coaches while someone like FERGIE wont even go der. Winning the world cup is HUGE and i wont take it away from him also.
Nevertheless, my reasons for grouping them differently. Fergie is tight winning local trophies, Mournhio has done it in few years, benitez has done it in few years, Hitzfield has done it twice with different clubs,Ancelotti winnig twice while[b] WENGER has not won it but ricboi feels hes the best cos he grooms talents. [/b] shocked shocked :oSay that to that marines, FERGUSON is known to groom talents also.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
ur obviously confused.Wat about all d domestic trophies wenger has won?Wat about MAN MANAGEMENT? D criterias u use 4 judging are ridiculous.
Wat is dat garbage u just typed? Sevilla beat boro in ONE game,and dats ur criteria 4 judging? ONE game?
i'm probably not goin 2 reply 2 ur next post,arguin wit u morons is like pouring water on a rock.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:30am On Oct 23, 2007
Richboy, I gave you Sevilla vs Tottenham or can't you read!!!

What were the EPL mid teams watching when 3 Spanish sides were playing UEFA cup semis. It is a fact that Spain dominate all these inter leagues mid table contest.

In UCL top 4 contest they might rate at par

arguin wit u morons is like pouring water on a rock.
A typical response from someone who doesn't know jack about a topic.

Man management and local laurels.? OMG which coach does not know how to manage people and which coach does not win local laurel. Or which coach won't win 3 league titles in over 10 years.

The Benitez you are talking about has won 2 Spanish league titles before. That is a learning point for you.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 9:32am On Oct 23, 2007
@ tkb 417,

Ferguson also won European cup with Aberdeen and Man Utd.
What are we talking about here?
I still believe Ferguson is better than any living manager in the world at the moment.
He has won titles . . . . .won the Premiership with a youth team . . . .groomed players from his own academy and made em stars.
Ferguson's man management is unequalled in the whole wide world . . . . HE IS A LEGEND.
People are quick to say Wenger plays a young team BUT Ferguson has won titles with his own young team and Arsene is yet to win anything.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:37am On Oct 23, 2007
@Jackal
Yes, we are on the same page. FERGIE is one of the best.
Man management and grroming of talents according to Ritchboi is what makes a good coach and i think FERGIE has done better than Wenger even at that
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 9:45am On Oct 23, 2007
What do you say about Louis van Gaal of Ajax who won the UCL with mainly home grown young players. Compare that to AW who "grooms" but never wins.

Winning is what makes a coach. Illustration from what I heard the Brazilian team of 1982 of Tele Santana played the most beautiful game(Jogo Bonito) ever seen in history

yet they did not win who would remember them? But scolari played what is called football brucutu in Brazil meaning Bully boy football and won the trophy. I would rather

play win all the 11 players on my goal line and win the UCL than to play champagne football and miss all the time.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by tkb417(m): 9:51am On Oct 23, 2007
@dayokanu
now ure in trouble. The gaynners will attack you. ritchboi is coming to getya grin grin
Guy, im out to meet those paying the bills.
Will be back soon and dont get this locked again. grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2007
y r yall so ful of shit?
@tkb
tel me wen i said dat crap u typed.
@dayo
so ur criteria is THREE games? 1 2 3 ? u need a CAT scan.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

Touche.

Arsene Wenger is a failure.
He is well liked no doubt but he is a cunning bastard with the way he deceives Arsenal fans with his ploy.
Check this . . . .He deliberately buys cheap players and young players as a safe option to make EXCUSES.
When they LOSE . . . . .He is quick to say . . . The players are still young and maturing, they will get BETTER with time.
When they WIN . . . It changes to, Fabregas can be compared to Mitchel Platini and he is the best player in the world and reh reh reh.

Do u also realise Wenger is not even a master at grooming young players?
Fabregas was stolen from Barcelona's team B . . . a lot of idiots on this forum think it was Arsene that moulded him to be a good player.
Cesc has won the golden ball/ golden boot in a FIFA under-17 competition before he was bought by Wenger . . .He's got the potentials already.
A team that has produced Messi, Iniesta, Puyol, Xavi, Valdes and Luis Garcia should take the credits not Arsenal.
Fabregas would still have been a good player even if he moved to Enyimba . . . grin grin grin grin

Why people feel he is a good manager beats me.
He has never defended the Premiership title in his 11 years in the Premiership.
Mourinho defended his and almost made 3 consecutive titles . . . .Ferguson has done it many times but AW is still a muppet.
Wenger's European campaign is appaling . . .  . . 2006 was the only time he got past the Q/finals in ELEVEN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!
Correct me if i am wrong . . . . .what makes this Viewer a good manager? I wouldnt put him in my top 10 in Europe.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2007
@Richboi,
Now Can you tell us on what basis was your assertion that the 13th placed team in EPL is better than 5th place in Spain and Italy.

@Richboi,
You know what, there is a difference between beer parlour arguments and argument on the internet. because you have to back up the latter with facts not

just saying India beat Nigeria 100-1 in those days!! grin grin

@Jackal The truth is bitter but it must be told. If there is a dinner for Champions league winning coaches AW can not move near. he would be outside with people like Big

Sam, Paul jewel, Mark Hughes etc That means he is deficient by something very important. can you mention a top rated coach that has not won a UCL before.

Peeps would now come and tell me he went unbeaten. when Ajax went unbeaten, they won UCL, when AC milan went unbeaten, they won UCL, PSV won UCL with their

unbeaten even when Steau Bucharest went unbeaten in the Bulgarian league they won the Champions cup, When Arsenal went unbeaten, they were eliminated in the

UCL by who? Who can guess, No one but the Great Bayern Munich of course. so an Unbeaten that does not win anything is bullshit.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2007
3 premier leagues + 4 fa cups in 10 COMPLETE seasons is a failure?
No need 2 argue,like i said b4,arguin wit u morons is like pouring water on a rock.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 10:25am On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
stop showcasing ur MADNESS! Chelsea eliminated arsenal that season,not uefa cup hopefuls.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 10:29am On Oct 23, 2007
3 Premiership titles in 11 seasons is a FAILURE.
Unless u wanna tell us 3/11 is a pass mark in any test.
Thats less than 30%, mate.

Compare that to Fergie's 9/15 or Mourinho's 2/3 then u must agree Wenger has failed.
I dont know what Wenger's speacialty is as a football manager.
Managing young players? Ferguson is better than him in that respect.
Winning titles? Ferguson is miles ahead of him.
European campaign? He doesnt even come close to Rafa, Mourinho or Ferguson.
So whats the criteria that makes Wenger a good coach? Raiding players from academies all over the globe?
The only recognised players that Arsene groomed from his own academy is Ashley Cole and David Bentley in 11 YEARS!!!!!!!!!
C'mon . . . . . . Take this Wenger is a great manager into the BIN . . . .Yemi Tella(R I P) is better than him!!!!!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 10:39am On Oct 23, 2007
The ANTI-ARSENAL POOP FAIRY aka jackal is at it again. Wenger dusnt come close 2 rafa?Ur a JOKER. n u shot urself in d foot by saying wengers 3/11 is a failure.I wonder wat u wud cal rafas 0/3. 0/3 witout even chalenging once.Plus a 5th place finish.Wenger finished outside d top 2 only twice.Go figure!
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by somze(f): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo
Chelsea removed Arsenal from UCL not Bayern,
Bayern did so 2 years ago wink

AW is a good manager and probably there abouts but with his deficiency with the UCL he wont be rated as highly as those other names.

In terms of grooming young players, come on give him the kudos, he brought a lot of unknown or young players to the limelight, Henry, Viera, Anelka, among others are world class today. In the EPL he is one of the best no doubt.

SAF has been in the UK now for like 21 years or so, can we make that 9/21 smiley
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 11:03am On Oct 23, 2007
When Arsenal was coming to Europe after being unbeaten at home. They came with their majesty and Invincibility to fall to the hand of Bayern.

Clubs that make unbeaten runs win European titles the subsequent season except Arsenal.

@Richboi,

Why can't you expand your horizon? WHy are you and your mentor content with being local Champions? Go to Europe and prove your mettle.

Again name one great coach that has never won the UCL before!!. I am a brilliant student and I never been first before? grin

I was even complaining tha SAF has won one in 16years I didn't know we had someone who has not won before!! Thats alarming and you call that a great coach.

All Man Utd fans I am sorry, i never knew a "great" coach like AW existed who has never won before I am very sorry for dissing SAF. grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
r u blind? I said the team dat finished 13th in epl last season(newcastle) is as gud as d teams dat finished 3rd in italy(lazio) and spain(sevilla).Not d 13th best team in england is as gud as d 3rd best team in spain or italy.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
r u blind? I said the team that finished 13th in epl last season(newcastle) is as good as d teams that finished 3rd in italy(lazio) and spain(sevilla).Not d 13th best team in england is as good as d 3rd best team in spain or italy.

WHat is your basis and where are the facts!! You know I warned you against beer parlour analysis!! grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 11:11am On Oct 23, 2007
@ ritchbitch,

What has Wenger won in the last 2 seasons? ZILCH!!!!!!!!!!!
No Prem, No UCL, No FA cup, No community shield.
Is that what u call a good manager?
C'mon . . . . . Rafa won the UCL in his debut season at Liverpool.
Won the FA cup a year later and the Community Shield by popping Chelsea.
They narrowly missed the UCL again this year so he deserves some credits and i would place him above Wenger.

Your manager is a Arrow.
He lay claims to developing players that are already developed.
Cesc is Barcelona through and through . . . . . . He has always been a good player.
Henry won the World Cup in 1998 before joining the Arses . . . .Vieira was snapped away from AC Milan . . . .who else?
Theo Walcott was from Southampton and Kolo Toure/Emma Eboue were from ASEC MIMOSA in Ivory Coast!!!!!!!!!!!
So, what makes Wenger a great manager?

@ Dayokanu,

This is not even about UCL.
Arsene Wenger has never won anything in EUROPE.
Be it UCL, European winners cup, UEFA cup or fuckever.
He is the most over-hyped manager in the world as we speak.
Some of their fans even claim Wenger discovered Kanu Nwankwo. grin grin grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 11:18am On Oct 23, 2007
If the 3rd placed team in Spain last year Sevilla could eliminate Tottenham in UEFA cup last year then you say they are equal to the 13th placed team?.

Read it out to yourself, Is that reasoning not warped??

This is not even about UCL.
Arsene Wenger has never won anything in EUROPE.
Be it UCL, European winners cup, UEFA cup or fuckever.
He is the most over-hyped manager in the world as we speak

Jackal, that can't be true tongue or Richboi is this true AW has never won anything before in Europe?? Why are you now comparing him with anybody??

He should battle with Mark Hughes and co Juande Ramos won UEFA win Sevilla last season at the minimum, Richboi don't mind them tell the loud and clear that he has won the

EMIRATE cup and AMsterdam cup which are top European cups grin grin
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 11:33am On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
once again ur RIDICULOUS criteria pushes ur daftness in d spotlite. spurs vs sevilla?2 games? Ur DAFT!
Jackal,
aw has 3 premier leagues under his belt. which is harder to win, Premier league or champions league? Use ur brain.Tink carefuly b4 u reply.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 11:38am On Oct 23, 2007
Okay Richman

In your infinite wisdom can you tell us why you think the 13th placed team in the EPL is better than the 3rd placed team in Spain?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by Jackal(m): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2007
@ Ritchbitch,

Dont be such a nincompoop.
Champions League is harder to win!
In the EPL . . . . .The only quality team u guys get to play with are Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd.
In UCL . . . .U have great teams like Barcelona, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Valencia, PSV and Porto.
Do u really think u could have beaten Barcelona 3-1 away like u did Spurs or beat Valencia 6-0 like u trounced Derby County?
Why are u talking through ur arse?
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by ritchboy(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2007
Dayo,
i never said newcastle is "better" dan lazio or sevilla.I said theyre "as good as" them.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by gabrielgb: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2007
TKB, JACKAL, and DAYO
why on earth are we aguing with this arrogant FOOLISHBOY called RICHBOY, I mean he is ignorant and arrogant. He's been talking shit with no facts. The real reason i hate Arsenal is because of fans like you. Richboy you are so fool of shit in your brain.

Richboy; you have not answered Dayo's question show your fact on why you think 13th placed EPL team is as good than 4th placed serie A and Laliga.
ypu are so annoying and irritating.
To all arsenal fans in here list your players that came directly from your youth team (i mean Man U can boast of Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Niville brothers, Browun , Berkcham etc) so name your.

PS do include fabregas he is from Barca.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by dayokanu(m): 11:53am On Oct 23, 2007
Okay give me reasons to butress your opinion that 13 placed team in EPL is as good as 3rd in La Liga.
Re: Who's The World's Best Football Coach? by folahann(m): 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2007
Do you all agree that winning matches and trophies ONLY depend on how good manager of the team is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi Ranked 13th Best Player In The World / Ifeanyi Ubah And His Crew Fly Private Jet To Kaduna To Support Super Eagles.PICS / Asisat Oshoala Shows Her Shoe Closet And Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.