Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:00 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868026 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 7:55am On Aug 26, 2013
ochukoccna:
Tanks honey86 wink wink
Your advice is like honey grin grin
I was in fact first quoted N265 which I blatantly refused to budge for
However a BDC gave me a price of N257 which I'll be buying from him today
He too echoed what honey86 said

257 still make sense oo... But the last time my brother was travelling we change at BDC at muritala airport and it made lots of sense that's where am using.. No need to rush...officially it is 245 so it wickedness to sell for 260... Every kobo counts now oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 9:32am On Aug 26, 2013
Please whenever i track my application status it says no page found.... i apply last week Monday at ikeja... what could be the cause
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:29am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2013
JideVince:
Thank you, the thing is I intend to submit my application on the 19th Sept.
Of course you can submit your online application on the 19th of September and print your Bank Statements on the same day. Have you scheduled an interview yet? If not, then submit your application on the 19th and print your statement on the same day...you're safe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Congratulations to Me!!! I got my Visa today after 13 working days........ Special thanks to Justwise and all that calmed me down when my tension was high during the waiting period....... Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
boma@felix:
Congratulations to Me!!! I got my Visa today after 13 working days........ Special thanks to Justwise and all that calmed me down when my tension was high during the waiting period....... Thanks!

Congratulations, you can now relax and prepare for the next chapter of your journey.

All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jennyfar: 1:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
boma@felix:

Congrats, replied ur pm, ur heading to Birmingham rite?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 1:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don Oms:
Of course you can submit your online application on the 19th of September and print your Bank Statements on the same day. Have you scheduled an interview yet? If not, then submit your application on the 19th and print your statement on the same day...you're safe.
Thanks bro. No I haven't! I honestly don't think it matters when you submit your application online though. What matters is when you appear at the VAC, pay your visa fee and submit your forms(online print-out, app8) together with the supporting documents.That day is your application date. Am I wrong, house? @Justwise please chip in some words.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lamie505(m): 1:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
boma@felix:

Congratulations... I pray ours comes out soon...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Justwise, is it necessary for one to get an attestation from his employer and attach it to his visa application? Please advice. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
JideVince:
Thanks bro. No I haven't! I honestly don't think it matters when you submit your application online though. What matters is when you appear at the VAC, pay your visa fee and submit your forms(online print-out, app8) together with the supporting documents.That day is your application date. Am I wrong, house? @Justwise please chip in some words.
I don't think you know exactly all you need to know. You have to submit your application online, print it out, book an appointment, (you'll see the link after you submit application) then go to the VAC on your appointment day with all the necessary documents.
Your Application date according to VAC is the day you pay for your visa...having submitted your online application. Except I don't understand what your questions are, I'd advice you make a fresh post asking what you're confused about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don Oms:
I don't think you know exactly all you need to know. You have to submit your application online, print it out, book an appointment, (you'll see the link after you submit application) then go to the VAC on your appointment day with all the necessary documents.
Your Application date according to VAC is the day you pay for your visa...having submitted your online application. Except I don't understand what your questions are, I'd advice you make a fresh post asking what you're confused about.

Don Oms, can you please help with my question above? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don Oms:
Seems you are getting it twisted, though. I was referring to your "you can submit your application online on the 19th Sept." Statement . I mean, does it matter when you submit the form online? All the same, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2013
JideVince:
Seems you are getting it twisted, though. I was referring to your "you can submit your application online on the 19th Sept." Statement . I mean, does it matter when you submit the form online? All the same, thank you.
I get you now. You kept on noting you want to submit on the 19th in your previous posts, that was why I said that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
justwise:

Congratulations, you can now relax and prepare for the next chapter of your journey.

All the best
Thank you soooooo much Sir Justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
princessmoi:

Don Oms, can you please help with my question above? Thanks.
Princessmoi, I do not really get the question & I may not be able to answer it anyway. Justwise will answer you once he's online.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
lamie505:

Congratulations... I pray ours comes out soon...
Thanks......... Don't worry yours will follow..... It's already sealed by God.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bomafelix: 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
jennyfar:

Congrats, replied ur pm, ur heading to Birmingham rite?
Yes Jenny! Are you going there too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 5:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don Oms:
Princessmoi, I do not really get the question & I may not be able to answer it anyway. Justwise will answer you once he's online.

is it necessary for one to get an attestation from his employer and attach it to his visa application? Please advice. Thanks

This was my question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don Oms:
I get you now. You kept on noting you want to submit on the 19th in your previous posts, that was why I said that.
Okay! Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant was that I intend to fix my appointment to appear at the UKVAC for 19th September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2013
princessmoi: Justwise, is it necessary for one to get an attestation from his employer and attach it to his visa application? Please advice. Thanks

not necessary at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
JideVince:

will add to what people have told you already before the end of today...pretty busy now....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
justwise:

will add to what people have told you already before the end of today...pretty busy now....
Thanks justwise, *anticipating*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
JideVince:
Okay! Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant was that I intend to fix my appointment to appear at the UKVAC for 19th September.
Now you're talking! You never mentioned "appointment." You kept on saying "submit application" and they're two different things. Now, to answer you, the best you can do is to follow the advice I gave on page 159 (at 4:57pm of Aug18) of this same thread (here's the link: www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4/159).
If you don't understand the advise, then ask questions please. NOTE: This option is a way of getting an early appointment date without having to wait too long after your 28-day period especially if your resumption day is very close.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
princessmoi:

is it necessary for one to get an attestation from his employer and attach it to his visa application? Please advice. Thanks

This was my question.
Justwise has replied you. I want to believe the application is for a Tier-4 Student Visa...except the employer is a sponsor, there's no need for any attestation letter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don Oms:
Now you're talking! You never mentioned "appointment." You kept on saying "submit application" and they're two different things. Now, to answer you, the best you can do is to follow the advice I gave on page 159 (at 4:57pm of Aug18) of this same thread (here's the link: www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4/159).
If you don't understand the advise, then ask questions please. NOTE: This option is a way of getting an early appointment date without having to wait too long after your 28-day period especially if your resumption day is very close.
Oh sorry! I just assumed that we both know that I must have booked an appointment before I can appear at the UKVAC. smiley
Well,I've just gone through the advice, quite a good one. As regards appointments, I booked my appointment a day before, the last time I went there. Only that I got a time for 2pm. Even the online application, I submitted online on 6thJuly but went to the UKVAC on 24thJuly so don't think there's any problem there. I just signed it 24thJuly. All I wanted to know was if I could print my statement of account on the same 19th Sept,my proposed appointment date, and then proceed to the UKVAC for submission+interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 8:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
boma@felix:

Congrats Bro, we still watin 4 ours and prayin it comes out positive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
JideVince:
Oh sorry! I just assumed that we both know that I must have booked an appointment before I can appear at the UKVAC. smiley
Well,I've just gone through the advice, quite a good one. As regards appointments, I booked my appointment a day before, the last time I went there. Only that I got a time for 2pm. Even the online application, I submitted online on 6thJuly but went to the UKVAC on 24thJuly so don't think there's any problem there. I just signed it 24thJuly. All I wanted to know was if I could print my statement of account on the same 19th Sept,my proposed appointment date, and then proceed to the UKVAC for submission+interview.
All the best bro!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 10:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
lamie505:

257 still make sense oo... But the last time my brother was travelling we change at BDC at muritala airport and it made lots of sense that's where am using.. No need to rush...officially it is 245 so it wickedness to sell for 260... Every kobo counts now oo
I made two transactions today
The BDC eventually gave me a N256 per pound quote while my Aboki did it for for N257 [Note this Aboki did my 1st transaction at N253 before the scarcity set in]
I would have waited for the rate to drop more but hey I don't want to resume in the dead of winter i.e. January
Also I'm aiming to wire my remaining school fees before putting in my application
I heard doing such helps speed one's application up up
Yeah officially its 245 but do banks even sell it to you at N249? angry angry
Rather they link you with the black market or tell you to fund it yourself embarassed embarassed embarassed
Our banks are a little better than the Mafia in that they have legal licences but do the same things
Rackets and Extortion
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
Don Oms:
All the best bro!
Thanks!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:13am On Aug 27, 2013
JideVince: Hi everyone!
I'm new here and I so much rue the fact that I joined late. I was refused a student visa on 10th August,2013 because, according to the ECO, I failed to produce a documentary evidence that demonstrates my guardian as a legally appointed guardian even-though I included an affidavit of guardianship. I deposited the required maintenance fee in my personal GTB account on the 22nd of August,2013, I intend to print my account statement on 19th, September,2013(after a transaction) and proceed to the UKVAC on same day. Please, would that be okay? Thanks all!

When is your course starting?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:17am On Aug 27, 2013
justwise:

When is your course starting?
4th October but 14th is the final arrival day.*between 19thSept. And 14th Oct there are 17 working days, excluding Oct. 1st.

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (503)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.