Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,136 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:33 AM

Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? (19058 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2011
So called MOG has a lot o supporters. But what are these supporters they afraid of? I suspect they want to intimidate their opponents into silence so that this matter will die a natural death.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by teetee2(f): 2:05pm On Dec 26, 2011
Did you go to Faith Tabernacle to serving God or man?  Why did you come to worship there?  If you want to see Bishop Oyedepo himself for laying of hands, please  say rather than speaking against the man of God.  Anyway, God makes him when people mock him.Paparassi
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Aryyor: 2:30pm On Dec 26, 2011
Gadols:

I place curse over your life. You shall see misery and confusion from now on. You will eat the bread of sorrow and your miserable brain will emit darkness on your life. I mean it and so shall it be. I invoke the curse of deut 28 to be your potion. Favour shall be far away from you. I declare it so in Jesus Name Amen.

Gadols:

The curse stays except if God is not on His throne.
Nimshi is cursed and shall remain so. I mean it.
I will print his post and take it to the altar next sunday
and lets see if he will escape.
Nimshi will never know peace

Hmmm,  Is that what your Bible teaches you to do? Na wah for these zealots sef. Who are you following, man or the Lord? What are you actually defending? the Gospel or your corrupted ego? You people posting 'curses' all over the place, can you tell me that your life is straight? What you have posted here gives a serious indication of hearts that is filled with bitterness, pride and hatred. And what manner of spirit was in you when you wrote those 'curses' of yours - the Holy Spirit or a vengeful and bitter spirit? Have you not read what the Lord told the disciples when they wanted to call fire to destroy some people who resisted the ministry of Jesus:

Read below:
Luk 9:51  And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
Luk 9:52  And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
Luk 9:53  And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luk 9:54  And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

This is what the Gospel is for. To save men! The Gospel is about the truth and not sentiments. Is it too hard for you to follow the word of God that you should bless and curse not? (Rom 12:14  Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not).

And you Nimshi, why are you allowing Satan to fill your heart with evil thoughts and foolish imaginations? This post is to ridicule a man of God isn't it? Are you that idle and jobless? I advise you to repent and ask God to forgive you and that you also recant this post. There are so many meaningful topics to post, not this!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by pearlyseed(f): 2:39pm On Dec 26, 2011
Before you all go on to judge A̶̲̥̅ man of God, pls remember †̥ђع youths who made fun of Elisha after Elijah had been caught up τ̲̅ȍ heaven, Elisha placed A̶̲̥̅ curse on them and they were mauled by two bears,forty two of them.(2 kgs 2:23 - 24) let's all βﻉ careful with †̥ђع words of our mouth!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Pain(m): 3:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
I'm sure all the self appointed defenders of Oyedepo would be very happy if the holy slaps were issued to their mamas. The earlier you all desist from these outright denial of reality the better for you. I sincerely pray that wool/scales that have been pulled over thy eyes do fall off quickly, so that you can move on with your precious lives and attain your God given destinies. Amen.

I only wish the zealousness can be put to more fruitful ventures.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Toronto123: 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2011
Comparing Nigeria pastors to Biblical prophets is just plane wrong. Just wrong!!!!! People stop comparing your pastors to prophet Elisha or prophet Elijah, that is just an insult. You are carrying more causes on your own head than you think.

Nigerian pastors are business men, Biblical prophets were not.

Enough of your empty threats people, we need more action from you. You think your scare tactic are working for today's generation that are educated abroad and know the differences between right and wrong. Nonsense. You can tell all these to Covenant university graduates who believe their pastor is a god not us. We know better!

pearlyseed:

Before you all go on to judge A̶̲̥̅ man of God, pls remember †̥ђع youths who made fun of Elisha after Elijah had been caught up τ̲̅ȍ heaven, Elisha placed A̶̲̥̅ curse on them and they were mauled by two bears,forty two of them.(2 kgs 2:23 - 24) let's all  βﻉ careful with †̥ђع words of our mouth!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by lagoshost(m): 3:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
To me this post is useless and should not be making a front page post.

We should be careful what we say about these men of God.

Nairalanders! BE CAREFUL!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Sarpino: 4:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
This pastor worshipping zombies are scary oh. I'm trading their posts with mouth wide open. How can people be this dumb, did they forget God have us brains for a reason? See that useless Godall about what does she call herself cursing someone up and down because they dare to call her pastors name. How are these people different from Boko Harem?

God help us all.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by stepo707: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2011
Gadols:

The curse stays except if God is not on His throne.
Nimshi is cursed and shall remain so. I mean it.
I will print his post and take it to the altar next sunday
and lets see if he will escape.
Nimshi will never know peace

nothing is going to happen to nimshi.All u guys know is to quote old testament passages to support what ur fraudulent pastor did.You people now fear Oyedepo more than christ.i pity you.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2011
Oluwaseun Osewa owner of Nairaland is s.tupid for letting this thread get to and stay on the front page. I have no grouse against the OP for starting this thread even though it really doesn't make sense, of course that's my opinion, afterallhe's only exercising his freedom of expression. Oluwaseun Osewa you o, you are d.aft, so this is a topic that should be brought to the attention of everybody in the world? That Oyedepo did not attend church? F.ukc.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by gulfer: 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2011
If the slap had led to a death, you guys would not be defending this. Reverend Dr King was trying  to chastise with fire and it led to a death which he is awaiting the hangman's noose, In saner climes this is an offence especially when the evidence is so poignant, even if the victim is unwilling to press charges.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by benzion72(m): 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2011
So much emotion being displayed here. The most unfortunate thing is that the Bishop don't even read all these jargon. You guys are just wasting your time. News maker don't even get time to watch themselves. Bishop Oyedepo is a blessing to Nigeria with two universities employing so many people both academics and non academics. More than seventy primary schools and twenty five secondary schools imagine the number employed in all those institution. It is only a dummy that will hate such a person.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by festuskol(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2011
point no. 1. Seun's house is in ota, very very close 2 winners chapel in ota. Point 2. Seun himself had in past attended winners chapel, but maybe something happened dt affected him. Winners bought one of his land, so he has been in d fore front of criticisin d man. There's more 2dis dt i can share(after listenin 2guys in ota who know d genesis of dis attack), but am sure some pple wil stil rubbish evrytin i say so why bother. They won't stop attackin d man until they crush his ministry. Point 3.how r u sure dt seun is not posin as Nimshi ? I stay in ota so i know ds.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Pain(m): 5:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
festuskol:

point no. 1. Seun's house is in ota, very very close 2 winners chapel in ota. Point 2. Seun himself had in past attended winners chapel, but maybe something happened dt affected him. Winners bought one of his land, so he has been in d fore front of criticisin d man. There's more 2dis dt i can share(after listenin 2guys in ota who know d genesis of dis attack), but am sure some pple wil stil rubbish evrytin i say so why bother. They won't stop attackin d man until they crush his ministry. Point 3.how r u sure dt seun is not posin as Nimshi ? I stay in ota so i know ds.

Pointless
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Gadols(f): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
festuskol:

Very good point. I agree with you.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by IykeD(m): 6:20pm On Dec 26, 2011
festuskol:

Doesn't make sense. Was the land in question forcefully taken from him? You sell your asset and get money for it, init?? Wasn't he paid for the land?
Inbtw, did you have to create another id to post this
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by untainted: 6:26pm On Dec 26, 2011
All those defending the so called man of God should please use their brains.
He is not infallible; remember, "pride goeth before a fall"
Just a millionth of the intellectual effort you use in crafting baseless defenses
will suffice if you put it to good use
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Limaoscar: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
@least Nimshi.t has one De.monic cursed partner as supporter. Pathetic Sons of belial you both. That cur.se on you will surely stand for as long as you continue to defame and hate thew messengers of God-Amen!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by stagger: 6:52pm On Dec 26, 2011
Some people no get work this period. It is to be stalking Bishop Oyedepo up and down posting stupidity!

I don't even know how this made it to the front page.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by executinal(m): 6:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
puff puff puff grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Maykelly(f): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Moderators of This section Religion:

I wonder why this stupid question of lies, no prove should make a head line. I hope you all are not in slumber. Moderators wake up.

AWAKE UP FROM SLUMBER ALL OF YOU.[/size]
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by dasparrow: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2011
Aryyor:

Hmmm,  Is that what your Bible teaches you to do? Na wah for these zealots sef. Who are you following, man or the Lord? What are you actually defending? the Gospel or your corrupted ego? You people posting 'curses' all over the place, can you tell me that your life is straight? What you have posted here gives a serious indication of hearts that is filled with bitterness, pride and hatred. And what manner of spirit was in you when you wrote those 'curses' of yours - the Holy Spirit or a vengeful and bitter spirit? Have you not read what the Lord told the disciples when they wanted to call fire to destroy some people who resisted the ministry of Jesus:

Read below:
Luk 9:51  And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
Luk 9:52  And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
Luk 9:53  And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
Luk 9:54  And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
Luk 9:55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

This is what the Gospel is for. To save men! The Gospel is about the truth and not sentiments. Is it too hard for you to follow the word of God that you should bless and curse not? (Rom 12:14  Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not).

And you Nimshi, why are you allowing Satan to fill your heart with evil thoughts and foolish imaginations? This post is to ridicule a man of God isn't it? Are you that idle and jobless? I advise you to repent and ask God to forgive you and that you also recant this post. There are so many meaningful topics to post, not this!

Best comment so far. Well said Arryor. I am adding to what you have said with these bible verses:

Matthew 15:11: "Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man."
Matthew 15:18: "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man."
Matthew 15:19: "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies"
Matthew 15:20: "These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."

Many Nigerian religious fanatics think that they can utter curses out of their mouth and damage people's lives like some people do with witchcraft. Nigerians mind how you choose to place curses on people because it might just come back to bite you in the rear. God said His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts: Isaiah 55:8 so the person you view as annointed may not be seen as annointed by Christ in the spiritual realm. You can disagree with another person without commiting sin. There are many of us who are covered by Christ's blood and annointing. We fight on our knees in prayer in the middle of the night so your curses will NOT work and will rather come back to hunt you and your family. We don't have to have "Pastor" as our title to let the world know we are Christ's annointed flock. So, as some of you place your curses on others all because you don't agree with their opinion, just remember you might just get the same curses back upon your life a thousandth fold. Be warned!
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Lovine: 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2011
Mounting of Fire, The lord's chosen, whosoever that stand against my progress in Jesus name die, die die. This is their prayers, is that what God said? You who pray die die to your so called enemy before you become agent of die die prayer warrior, suppose someone in the past pray die die to you when you have not become a chosen or MFM member would you be alive today to say die die to someone? The Bible says, Romans 12: 12 to 15, Jesus they claim to follow said in Mt. 5:43 to 44. SO WHICH GOD DO YOU PRAY TO? YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REPENT AND STOP DECEIVING YOURSELVES.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
He was servicing one of his 4 private jets.

[url]http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigeria’s-richest-pastor-oyedepo-puts-private-jets-sale-forbes-blog[/url]
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Goshen360(m): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
@ Aryyor, dasparrow,

YOU HAVE REALLY SAID MY MIND IN THE LENS OF THE WORD OF GOD. WE HAVE A NEW TESTAMENT ORDER, BLESS YOUR ENEMIES, NOT CURSE.

@ Gadols

THE POSTER'S MOTIVE MIGHT BE WRONG FOR POSTING THIS (AS I PERCEIVE), EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NEVER SUPPORTED THE SLAP OF OYEDEPO ALSO. HOWEVER, YOU DON'T HAVE CURSE AND I SAY, WITHOUT MINCING WORDS, YOU NEED TO RE-ASSESS YOUR CHRISTIANITY. I GUESS YOU HAD LEARNT CURSING FROM TRADITIONS OF MEN (OYEDEPO) IF YOU ATTEND HIS CHURCH. IT IS NOT CHRIST'S NEW TESTAMENT ORDER. REMEMBER, ON MOUNT OF TRANSFIGURATION, THERE WAS ELIJAH (REPRESENTING PROPHET OF FIRE YOU ALWAYS QUOTE, MOSES REPRESENTING THE THE LAW AND JESUS, REPRESENTING FULLNESS OF GOD-HEAD BODILY) AND GOD SAID: THIS (JESUS CHRIST) IS MY BELOVED SON, HEAR YE HIM. OUR PERFECT EXAMPLE IS IN JESUS CHRIST NOT MAN OF GOD. HOWEVER, I WILL EMULATE A MAN OF GOD AS LONG AS HE EMULATES CHRIST.

GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by bayol2001: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2011
seems like u guys dont knw wat is right or wrong, i dont av anytin against bishop oyedepo, but i feel what he did was totally wrong, u dont av any right to violate ur fellow human, i feel the girl should have been delivered and not abused which i see is what happened, if our men of God r slapping church members bocs they r witches, what abt politicians who are in different secret societies??the bishop should be a role model to d congregation and not a portray himself as a violent man, it still balls down to abuse of the opposite sex, he can never try that in a developed country, it is an interesting post admin, if that is hw all pastors slap people that are possessed, then we need to critically evaluate things,
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by tpia5: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2011
Most of the critics are diasporan, right?

Complaining about a slap in nigeria.

Dont worry- no be for oyibo land una dey?

Wait for oyibo to begin their own number on you.

That's when you'll start calling oyedepo for help.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Goshen360(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2011
Lovine:

Mounting of Fire, The lord's chosen, whosoever that stand against my progress in Jesus name die, die die. This is their prayers, is that what God said? You who pray die die to your so called enemy before you become agent of die die prayer warrior, suppose someone in the past pray die die to you when you have not become a chosen or MFM member would you be alive today to say die die to someone? The Bible says,  Romans 12: 12 to 15, Jesus they claim to follow said in Mt. 5:43 to 44. SO WHICH GOD DO YOU PRAY TO? YOU PEOPLE SHOULD REPENT AND STOP DECEIVING YOURSELVES.

GOD BLESS YOU. LOOK AT THE LIVES OF THOSE PRAYING SUCH PRAYERS, NOTHING HAD CHANGED IN THEIR LIVES. JESUS DID NOT INTRODUCE SUCH ORDER BUT RATHER, HE SAID BLESS THEM THAT CURSE YOU. THIS IS THE LEAVEN OF THE PHARISEES BEING INTRODUCED BY TRADITION OF MEN, PREACHED BY MEN OF GOD IN THE CHURCH OF JESUS AND MANY FOLLOW BLINDLY. GOD HAS NO PLEASURE IN THE DEATH OF A SINNER. BESIDES, OUR FIGHT IS NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD BUT SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS IN HIGH PLACE. WE HAD ONCE BEEN SOMEONE'S ENEMY AND IF GOD HAD RAINED FIRE ON US THROUGH THEIR PRAYERS, HOW SHALL WE COME TO CHRIST TODAY. SUCH PRAYERS ARE NEVER ANSWERED BY GOD, JUST AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY. OUR GENERATION IS TOO DEEP IN THE WORD OF GOD AND FULLNESS OF CHRIST TO CONTINUE IS THIS ROOTLESS DOCTRINES. GOD IS RAISING NEW BREEDS OF BELIEVERS AND WE ARE TRANSITING FROM TRADITIONS TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by toksbee007: 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2011
nimshi u are just an idiot,what is ur biz with oyedepo i dont know why this kind of idiot should be allow to post on nairaland.fool.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by vicoloni(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2011
@Nimshi, you are a dead man. All the curses pronounced upon you by Meldrick shall come to pass except you confess openly in that same church and ask God for forgiveness.

Even if the man of God made a mistake by slapping that girl, you have all made your points but why the continued rantings by his critics? You guys have forgotten that this is a man that has used his privileges to build 2 world acclaimed universities in Nigeria in the space of 10 years with another one on the way?

How many have your father built?

You all criticise this man just because of jealousy?

Nimshi, you are dead.

I joined winners chapel 14 years ago as a pauper with no hope. He taught me bible faith. Today, am a millionaire trying to emulate him by impacting lives positively.

Nimshi, you are dead! except you repent and apologize openly.
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Sleekjd(f): 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
@ Gadols, so becos sm1 asks a question or shares a divergent view abt ur bishop u place such curse on him? Lol! Curse him frm nw till 2mao, dry fast for 40 days n nite, it will never come to past. I am a christian n I don't support criticism bt ur posts doesn't make u diff from a muslim fanatic who fights to defend their god. Let God be the judge n not u mere mortal. Channel or ur curses, fastin n whatever towards bokoharamites, corrupt leader etc." Let d God of Oyedepo" defend him n nt you. Bt frankly Gadols, I feel sorry for ur neighbours n co worker n inlaws, is dis hw u dis out curses to dem @ d slightest provocation? Lord have mercy! Don't bother cursin me, cos its mere waste of time n automatic Back To Sender in Many Folds. wink
Re: Where Is Bishop David Oyedepo? by Sleekjd(f): 9:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
@ Gadols, so becos sm1 asks a question or shares a divergent view abt ur bishop u place such curse on him? Lol! Curse him frm nw till 2mao, dry fast for 40 days n nite, it will never come to past. I am a christian n I don't support criticism bt ur posts doesn't make u diff from a muslim fanatic who fights to defend their god. Let God be the judge n not u mere mortal. Channel or ur curses, fastin n whatever towards bokoharamites, corrupt leader etc." Let d God of Oyedepo" defend him n nt you. Bt frankly Gadols, I feel sorry for ur neighbours n co worker n inlaws, is dis hw u dis out curses to dem @ d slightest provocation? Lord have mercy! Don't bother cursin me, cos its mere waste of time n automatic Back To Sender in Many Folds. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian? / Your Husband Is Not Your Friend, He Is Your Owner - Pastor / Prepare For Revolution, Archbishop Of Enugu Tell Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.