Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (23037 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by y2kaustin(m): 1:40pm On Jan 06, 2012
@karl Max, you might be right,fellas just as we appreciate your effort,cos i love ya,i will advice you thread with caution.if ya papers no dey kampe!no come out ohhh,this mama charlie boys fit use this protest like a carrot and cain parole to nab una ohhh, soji urself ohh biko
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2012

Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
it's ironic that fuel and transportation cost went up in UK this year and no one is protesting about that.

I wonder what the general Uk public would think of Nigerians on this move.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:47pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
Where is Talfida ,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by aljharem(m): 1:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

it's ironic that fuel and transportation cost went up in UK this year and no one is protesting about that.

1. No one protested because the price of transport went up by 20 pennys according to my sources

2. Nigerian in UK protesting are Nigerians not UK citizens

3. When there was increase in school fee, was there no protest that even lead to a riot ?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by queensmith: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

seriously? u ever heard of inflation dude?
#fail!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2012
alj harem:

1. No one protested because the price of transport went up by 20 pennys according to my sources

2. Nigerian in UK protesting are Nigerians not UK citizens

3. When there was increase in school fee, was there no protest that even lead to a riot ?

Help me Educate the mofo, meanwhile, protest is being received loud and clear!, pee pee, pee pee, GEJ nah oleh! GEJ nah oleh!!, pee pee
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2012
***hanging in here**** over to protest!!!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 1:56pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Mr9ija: 2:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
I hope most these people won't land in 9ija after this protest.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2012
All i'm saying is that it is IRONIC! This  isn't about past protests on fees or anything else, it's specifically on petrol prices, which has also go up in the uk, and not just as a result of inflation, remember the coalition govt had to freeze further increase as it was getting outta hand.

In light of this, i wondered what the general UK public would think, is this a crime? Do i no longer have to right to express my opinion?

And by the way, what is "mofo"? omo_tier i hope i'm not being insulted cos i dont recall insulting anyone!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Russialane(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2012
abeg were is the cross station never heard of that?
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by popee: 2:07pm On Jan 06, 2012
ride on brodas, you are all good patriot. don't mind that brainless and stupid sanusi. Okonjo Iweala will suffer for rapping the poor masses because she is rich
Bleep Sanusi
Bleep Iweala
Bleep IMF
Hw can they remove subsidy without have a mechnism to cussion the effect on ground.

holigans!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
Russialane:

abeg were is the cross station never heard of that?
It started from Charing cross, CHARING CROSS STATION, now @NHC ,
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by omo9ja1(m): 2:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
You guys are just yaning about paper

do you fhink every Nigeria abroad are illegal

wake up my guy shine your eyes smiley

we are fighting for future
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by mukina2: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
Starbaby1:

All i'm saying is that it is IRONIC! This  isn't about past protests on fees or anything else, it's specifically on petrol prices, which has also go up in the uk, and not just as a result of inflation, remember the coalition govt had to freeze further increase as it was getting outta hand.

In light of this, i wondered what the general UK public would think, is this a crime? Do i no longer have to right to express my opinion?

And by the way, what is "mofo"? omo_tier i hope i'm not being insulted cos i dont recall insulting anyone!
Dude, was it Ironic when Chinese, Tibetans, Irannians, Iraqis, Americans did their own protest in London?, London is a major economic city like Lagos, the purpose of this protest is draw attention to what is going on in Nigeria. With the protest, a lot of people would now be asking questions. More activist in the UK would also beam their search light on the killer government now in place in Nigeria!

Petrol prices in the UK goes up, rail fares going up but guess what, the government pegged rail fare below RPI!, why is that? Why did the government not allow the Rail fares to go up at true value, 'cos more people in the UK uses rail than cars!, so the government is subsidizing the pain where it hurts most!, Mind you, Fuel only went up by no more than 20p, no a big increase by a measure and it wouldn't hurt the pockets of the lowest in the social ladder in the UK, also, did the price of your bread go up at Sainsbury or Tesco?, did food prices go up here?, nope it didnt, so the difference is clear, the two economies functions on different footings, !!!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by oradee: 2:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
a very big shame on those of you who feel protesting against subsidy both home and abroad is a waste of time.
Didnt all of you not run to the UK to stay because NIGERIA was nothing to write home about?
Many of u have rich folks and are living off stolen govt money.
abeg keep ur snobbish opinions to ur self, if the queen of england and her immediate and extended families with a drop of royal blood were living the way our politicians and co live at the expense of the masses, do u think UK wld be the way it is?
Abeg eh, if u have nothing constructive to say, just sharrap.
after all the world witnesed the riots of some mad brits just cos the govt wanted to increace what and what (despite the fact that they also live on social security)
Keep living in UK and paying for the citizens indirectly.
when Nigeria has a turn around, u wld now begin to deport urselfs back home and start singing ''east or west, home is best'', ndi ara
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by oradee: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
And for those of u who ran abroad to school and not wash plates and dead bodies, pls read and know why we r against this.

Read this wiki entry

It still is a mystery how the cost of subsidy shot up to 1.3 trillion naira in just one year of President Goodluck Jonathan's administration, especially since ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo's administration spent 300 billion Naira per year. When the Obasanjo government left power in 2007, the country was no longer in debt and the 30 billion dollar foreign debt that Obasanjo met when he came to power in 1999 was fully paid off. Today, under the administration of Jonathan, the country owes debt to the tune of 30 billion dollars and is still borrowing. Foreign reserves have been depleted from 80 billion dollars during the Obasanjo administration to 33 billion dollars under the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

When the Obasanjo administration left power in 2007, 23 billion dollars was left in the Excess Crude Account after he built it up from nothing in 1999. Today, the account is empty because the money has been squandered and the account scrapped.[citation needed]

In the 2012 budget, President Jonathan allocated 1 billion Naira for his feeding and several other wasteful statehouse expenditure running into several million dollars. For instance, money allocated for feeding the presidential family was a reported 300 million naira

this is a cumulative fight against corruption,govt ineptitude,govt inefficiency and a war against the rich and the poor.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
well done guys
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Dsense(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06, 2012
^^^ Fool, wake up!!!, no go out if you no get paper ooo!! grin

BREAKING NEWS: Nigerians in London are occupying Restaurants, Malls and taking and taking memorandum pictures, NOT protesting any shit!!!

Culled from:www.imagination.com
grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:24pm On Jan 06, 2012
oradee:

a very big shame on those of you who feel protesting against subsidy both home and abroad is a waste of time.
Didnt all of you not run to the UK to stay because NIGERIA was nothing to write home about?
Many of u have rich folks and are living off stolen govt money.
abeg keep your snobbish opinions to your self, if the queen of england and her immediate and extended families with a drop of royal blood were living the way our politicians and co live at the expense of the masses, do u think UK wld be the way it is?
Abeg eh, if u have nothing constructive to say, just sharrap.
after all the world witnesed the riots of some mad brits just cos the govt wanted to increace what and what (despite the fact that they also live on social security)
Keep living in UK and paying for the citizens indirectly.
when Nigeria has a turn around, u wld now begin to deport urselfs back home and start singing ''east or west, home is best'', ndi ara
FYI, Nigerians in the diaspora remitted over $7bn back to Nigeria in 2011 alone!!, shame on you, how much have you contributed to the Nigeria nation in terms of investment?, We have business, we are employing people in Nigeria, Nigerians are living off well on some of our skills and initiatives,
Do you not know that We are affected too?, do you not know that several Nigerian students schooling in the UK have their source of funding from Nigeria? They all will be affected by the maddness of a policy this GEJ criminal government has unleashed on Nigeria.

Gentleman, better shut up if you have nothing good to say
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by OmoTier1(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2012
D-sense:

^^^ Fool, wake up!!!, no go out if you no get paper ooo!! grin

BREAKING NEWS: Nigerians in London are occupying Restaurants, Malls and taking and taking memorandum pictures, NOT protesting any poo!!!

Culled from:www.imagination.com
grin cheesy
We are armed here,  prepared for sabotuers like yourself,  we are streaming images live from the protest,  and it is peaceful, colourful,  and loud,  people are coming to join the protest!
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by manmacho: 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2012
una no plenty reach now

make una come mobilise from nigeria to london to really drive the protest home from there.

aba, just send as plenty request as possibu!!!!!!!

Thank for your favourable consideration.
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
WELL DONE GUYS
KEEP IT UP

PICKIN WEY SAY IM MAMA NO GO SLEEP,E TOO NO GO SLEEP
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Dsense(m): 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

We are armed here,  prepared for sabotuers like yourself,  we are streaming images live from the protest,  and it is peaceful, colourful,  and loud,  people are coming to join the protest!
Omo_Tiger  grin grin Abi wettin you call yourself?? grin

Weren't these piks taken back in 1987,after the death of Awolowo? tongue cheesy
Oya tell us the truth, How many boxers and t-shirts you don shop so far??, are the boutiques still on sales? grin
Re: Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th by Starbaby1: 2:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Dude, was it Ironic when Chinese, Tibetans, Irannians, Iraqis, Americans did their own protest in London?,  London is a major economic city like Lagos,  the purpose of this protest is draw attention to what is going on in Nigeria. With the protest, a lot of people would now be asking questions. More activist in the UK would also beam their search light on the killer government now in place in Nigeria!

Petrol prices in the UK goes up,  rail fares going up but guess what,  the government pegged rail fare below RPI!,  why is that? Why did the government not allow the Rail fares to go up at true value,  'cos more people in the UK uses rail than cars!,  so the government is subsidizing the pain where it hurts most!, Mind you, Fuel only went up by no more than 20p,  no a big increase by a measure and it wouldn't hurt the pockets of the lowest in the social ladder in the UK, also, did the price of your bread go up at Sainsbury or Tesco?, did food prices go up here?,  nope it didnt,  so the difference is clear,  the two economies functions on different footings, !!!

Maybe you should check my previous posts and see that I am NOT against the protest! Again all i did was to express my opinion of it being IRONIC! Everyone you mentioned  Tibetans, Irannians etc, where they protesting about petrol prices? No! If iranian homeless people in the UK decided to protest about homelessness in iran, that would be ironic as they are facing similar conditions in Uk, can you see where I am coming from?

The answer to your second question, the price of petrol does hurt people's pocket in the Uk, just listen to news. Some people are forced to sell their cars, and most people buying cars are only buying hybrid ones. Yes the price of food went up, car tax went up, even ordinary TV license went up! If you leave in the UK are you honestly saying you have not noticed any of these increase? Many are homeless because their rent went up and their benefit went down, common man lets not make blind argument here.

I would like to stress again, i do not appreciate being called names, you can disagree with me all you want, but this is a civilised forum, give me the respect am giving you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos APC Campaign Rally: 18 Roads Will Be Restricted For Movement On Saturday / Stop Running From Boko Haram – Buratai Warns Troops In Gulak, Gajigana / Presidency: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2023 – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.