Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo (24984 Views)

Patience Jonathan With Some Nigerians In Dubai (Photo) / We​’ll Resume Our Struggle If Buhari “draws First Blood” – Asari Dokubo / Militants Ready To Defend Jonathan – Asari-dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by sheyguy: 12:07am On Jan 16, 2012
1stCitizen:

Majority of us ijaws see Asari and his cohorts as common criminals, oil thieves and terrorists with heads sunken in the depths of cowardice.

We joined the protests with other Nigerians to say enough is enough and these bastards speak only for themselves.

God bless U for that comment, may u live long and prosper.
kettykin:

the time is coming when all oil company hq will have to relocate to niger delta the cheating and oppression is getting out of hand , imagne people from non oil states campaignin for oils subsidy and threatening to impeach gej who is from an oil producing zone, it will no longer be tolerated.
they use to be in warri b4 they started using the oil companies to settle score, trust the companies they relocated to PH chap chap ! !
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 16, 2012
We call on all our Niger Delta people, for the sake of our future to look to our nearest neighbours, the Ibos for immediate and strong alliance, to enable the Niger Delta nations and the Igbo nation to face the obvious change that will come to Nigeria, in strength, justice, brotherhood and truth.

I knew it would boil down to this - rumours of GEJ's possible assassination.
ND issuing threats or seceding and SE following suit - but now it appears its a matter of choosing sides.

I pray my Yoruba people would be quiet on this matter and just let it be a matter of North VS SS/SE coalition.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by souljahman: 12:10am On Jan 16, 2012
Can dis thread plz be removed. Its useless and full of useless people promotin ethnic war and dia foolish forefadas agenda. Animals. Get a life. Get educated and maybe it will give ur life a meaning.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nchara: 12:10am On Jan 16, 2012
Faseun Canvasses Support for Obasanjo
By Tokunbo Adedoja
Traffic was yesterday brought to a stand-still for about three hours on the old toll-gate/ 7up axis in Ikeja following a rally organised in support of President Olusegun Obasanjo by the founder leader of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC), Dr. Fredrick Faseun.

The rally, which kicked off at about 11am was attended by hundreds of members of the Yoruba militia group from various parts of Lagos and neigbouring states in the Southwest.

The large turn-out of the members of the group who came in about 100 buses hindered the free flow of traffic along Oworonsoki/Third Mainland bridge, Ojota, and Maryland.

The rally, which was the second Faseun would organised for Obasanjo, was however peaceful without any interference or molestation from the police.

Addressing the rally, Faseun who spoke in Yoruba scored Obasanjo's administration high on all fronts, maintaining that the regime has brought the country out of the woods.

He specifically stated that Obasanjo's leadership qualities have brought peace to the country and praised the President for "removing thieves, robbers, fraudsters and deadwoods from our public service".

The OPC leader, who spoke occassionally in proverbs to buttress some of his points maintained that, the president has successfully launched the nation back into the comity of nations through his virile foreign policies since it assumed power.

He added that an example of the dividends of the foreign policy of the government is the forthcoming Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting(CHOGM) and the State Visit of Queen Elizabeth of England.

According to him, this is significant because the same Commonwealth suspended Nigeria in the days of Abacha and consequently made Nigeria a pariah nation.

He also cited as example the recently held All African Games(COJA) saying that all these show that Nigeria has been fully re-integrated into the world socio-political environment.

The OPC leader chided the president's critics, describing them as pessimists and adding that Rome was not built in a day.

He consequently called on them to give Obasanjo a chance to develop the country and complete what he called the good work the administration has started.

He urged Yorubas to rally round Obasanjo, their kinsman adding that should he be disgraced out of office, it will take the Southwest up to 2047 to produce another Nigerian president going by the four years, two-term formula.

He threatened those that may be planning to remove the present admnistration from power, adding that OPC is solidly behind the president.

"They think because he does not enjoy Yoruba support, they want to upset him. If they should force Obasanjo out of office, we will tell them what OPC stands for", he said.

He, however, dispelled rumour that he was sponsored by the government to stage the rally saying "all of you know me, I can't be bribed, but no one's child can be so bad that the parents will throw him out for wild animals to consume him".
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by phreakabit(m): 12:10am On Jan 16, 2012
9jacrip:

We call on all our Niger Delta people, for the sake of our future to look to our nearest neighbours, the Ibos for immediate and strong alliance, to enable the Niger Delta nations and the Igbo nation to face the obvious change that will come to Nigeria, in strength, justice, brotherhood and truth.

ND issuing threats or seceding and SE following suit - but now it appears its a matter of choosing sides.

I pray my Yoruba people would be quiet on this matter and just let it be a matter of North VS SS/SE coalition.

If that is the case guess who suffers the most? The unarmed. . .  I am not asking you to join us. Just be wise. . . Pick as side  wink
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by merengue: 12:12am On Jan 16, 2012
@BlackBaron: Thanks for noting the error, Yorubas voted for Olu Falae in 1999. I am from Delta state.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nchara: 12:13am On Jan 16, 2012
So my Ijaw brothers, I have presented to you evidence that Yorubas supported Obasanjo and rallied for him when he had problems with the North
Now Yorubas are complaining when you do the same for your brother

Ijaw I ask you, who is your enemy?
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nchara: 12:14am On Jan 16, 2012
merengue:

@BlackBaron: Thanks for noting the error, Yorubas voted for Olu Falae in 1999. I am from Delta state.

Who was Obasanjo's competitor in 1999? Where does he come from?

It did not make any difference, both were Yoruba.

Then in 2003 they voted 100% for him.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Reference(m): 12:15am On Jan 16, 2012
When I say you have to deal with social injustice before thinking of anti-corruption before thinking of economics people think bang put a pure white angel in power and all will be well. Most people don't even understand how this country and its constituent peoples work. That's why the ND struggle and the BH insurgency remains a mystery to most. I used to say you cannot have people come to the table of good governance when they have been marginalised and denied the opportunity to lead, if not others, themselves and decide their future. That is precisely why the Igbos as a block will not support the good governance moves brought about by the strike. They have never led the nation and cannot understand why they should suffer for the mess created by leaders of other regions over the last forty years. It can't work. Hate them or not you cannot expect any man to make sacrifices when he has no tangible benefits.

I said it severally. The Niger Delta is only now coming into the place and position to decide things for themselves through the Presidency. In the next couple of years structures will be built to enable that region properly integrate into Nigerian governance taking away power from the militants and other pseudo political groupings to legal political leaders and  properly elected representatives. This is called demystifying political office the type that transitioned the South West from the June 12 struggle, Nadeco, OPC, etc through the AD, AC to the solid political structures and good governance seen in the ACN. How does this work - simple. The Presidency will be seen in that region to bring no tangible benefits and because of that failure they will begin to look away from the centre and more inwards for solutions. It is already happening. It happened in the south west. People should give the South-South and South-East a chance. If anything other regions have sectionalized and polarized leadership for decades. You can't simply expect back up for what is perceived as your (the SW) pet project. Because when they cried too you did not answer.

Why do we think the middle-belt decoupling from the north.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:17am On Jan 16, 2012
alj harem is Anti Igbo. Ndigbo take note. He is so obsessed with us like Skin heads are so obsessed with the Jews.

Igbo's neutrality in this Nigeria menace = Classic

We have learned how to play politics too cool.

We don't have permanent friends. We don't have permanent enemies. We have permanent interest. cheesy
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Koikoi(m): 12:18am On Jan 16, 2012
I feel very sad to be a Nigerian reading through this thread. Why do we hate each other so much without a reason only for the fact that this is ibo, yoruba, hausa or anyother tribe different from our own. You guys are supposed to be young, vibrant and educated pple who are supposed to be looking for ways of moving this very sick nation called Nigeria towards recovery. Pls pple, think 'are we better that those boko haram devils if we continue this way?'
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by ak47mann(m): 12:18am On Jan 16, 2012
even the only yoruba  oil community had join edo and rivers to warn occupy Nigeria and Hausa fulani to stay away from Jonathan,or else they will go back and stop the daily oil flow here is the link

oya other SW state should fight their bros nah cheesy their bros don use style abandon the protest cheesy

http://tribune.com.ng/sun/news/6141-maintain-subsidy-removal-policy-or-face-our-wrath-niger-delta-youths

note
Some of the placards read thus: “Fuel subsidy removal is for our benefit, stop intimidating Jonathan”; “Niger Deltans support Jonathan”; “Tackle Boko Haram threat first”; “Northerners, leave Goodluck alone”; “We shall stop the flow of oil and gas from our backyard if Federal Government reverts to #65”; “Labour, allow the policy to stay for our future benefit”; “We shall support Jonathan with our last blood,” and so on.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nchara: 12:20am On Jan 16, 2012
In addition to human resources, Igbo has enough oil and gas in Igboland to last a life time.

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:21am On Jan 16, 2012
alj harem = merengue

He created the ID's to fake himself as being from Delta state.

He is a devil's advocate and incarnate. Be very veryyyyyyyyyy careful of him cheesy cheesy.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nchara: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2012
Imo’ll survive fuel subsidy removal – Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha

Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, insists that the people of Imo State would strengthen their doggedness and entrepreneurship to survive the pains of the hike in fuel price occasioned by the fuel subsidy removal.
He said this while addressing commercial transport operators, bus and taxi drivers at the Hero’s Square, New Owerri.

The Imo State governor noted that the hike in petroleum price by the Federal Government was necessary for the proper management of the nation’s resources.

He informed them that following the penchant of some unscrupulous Nigerians for fraud, the subsidised fuel had, over the years, been smuggled to neighbouring countries leading to the under-utilisation of the nation’s refineries.
Okorocha stressed that with the removal of subsidy, investors would establish refineries, create jobs and utilise the abundant gas deposits in Imo State for the good of the people.

The governor used the opportunity to call on Imo citizens to remain calm even on the face of provocations by the Boko Haram sect in the northern part of the country, adding that government in Imo would guarantee the safety of lives and property in the state.
“Vengeance belongs to God. Boko Haram is a group of people who do not want peace. Hausas are not attacking Igbos. Don’t attack any Hausa,” he said.

He also asked his audience to join him in thanking God over the absence of kidnapping in the state during the festive season and enjoined the people to help in eradicating the menace.
The governor also told the commercial transporters to join the state government in according the late Igbo leader, Dim Odimegwu Ojukwu, a befitting burial in February this year.

Mr. Chikeremba Gregory, chairman, Drivers Welfare Union, Imo State, in a brief speech called on the state government to create spacious parks, consolidate the dues they pay and dissuade security operatives from harassing and extorting money from commercial transporters in the state.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nchara: 12:23am On Jan 16, 2012
Faseun Canvasses Support for Obasanjo
By Tokunbo Adedoja
Traffic was yesterday brought to a stand-still for about three hours on the old toll-gate/ 7up axis in Ikeja following a rally organised in support of President Olusegun Obasanjo by the founder leader of the Oodua Peoples Congress(OPC), Dr. Fredrick Faseun.

The rally, which kicked off at about 11am was attended by hundreds of members of the Yoruba militia group from various parts of Lagos and neigbouring states in the Southwest.

The large turn-out of the members of the group who came in about 100 buses hindered the free flow of traffic along Oworonsoki/Third Mainland bridge, Ojota, and Maryland.

The rally, which was the second Faseun would organised for Obasanjo, was however peaceful without any interference or molestation from the police.

Addressing the rally, Faseun who spoke in Yoruba scored Obasanjo's administration high on all fronts, maintaining that the regime has brought the country out of the woods.

He specifically stated that Obasanjo's leadership qualities have brought peace to the country and praised the President for "removing thieves, robbers, fraudsters and deadwoods from our public service".

The OPC leader, who spoke occassionally in proverbs to buttress some of his points maintained that, the president has successfully launched the nation back into the comity of nations through his virile foreign policies since it assumed power.

He added that an example of the dividends of the foreign policy of the government is the forthcoming Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting(CHOGM) and the State Visit of Queen Elizabeth of England.

According to him, this is significant because the same Commonwealth suspended Nigeria in the days of Abacha and consequently made Nigeria a pariah nation.

He also cited as example the recently held All African Games(COJA) saying that all these show that Nigeria has been fully re-integrated into the world socio-political environment.

The OPC leader chided the president's critics, describing them as pessimists and adding that Rome was not built in a day.

He consequently called on them to give Obasanjo a chance to develop the country and complete what he called the good work the administration has started.

He urged Yorubas to rally round Obasanjo, their kinsman adding that should he be disgraced out of office, it will take the Southwest up to 2047 to produce another Nigerian president going by the four years, two-term formula.

He threatened those that may be planning to remove the present admnistration from power, adding that OPC is solidly behind the president.

"They think because he does not enjoy Yoruba support, they want to upset him. If they should force Obasanjo out of office, we will tell them what OPC stands for", he said.

He, however, dispelled rumour that he was sponsored by the government to stage the rally saying "all of you know me, I can't be bribed, but no one's child can be so bad that the parents will throw him out for wild animals to consume him".
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 16, 2012
expect dokubo to defend diezani with his blood as well

it will be more of the same - our daughter must be oil minister
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by phreakabit(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2012
Nchara:

In addition to human resources, Igbo has enough oil in Igboland to last for a life time

Shhhh. . . Don't spill the beans.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 16, 2012
Better for the handlers to call this dog to order angry

Nigeria really on the brink. Olodumare, please grant Mr shoeless the wisdom to open talk on true federalism. Ase!!!
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nchara: 12:27am On Jan 16, 2012
naijababe:

Better for the handlers to call this dog to order angry

Nigeria really on the brink. Olodumare, please grant Mr shoeless the wisdom to open talk on true federalism. Ase!!!

Yes true federalism so everyone will manage their resources and pay a token to the federal purse.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 16, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Niger Delta Perspective: Now that it is our turn to chop, the rest of you can get lost embarassed
Ibos jumping on any bandwagon as usual, seeking a ticket out of Yoruba-Hausa domination grin

Script never changes. This country tire me, I swear cry

gbam cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by jmaine: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2012
Dokubo the ACN chap . . .how interesting . . . . . .
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2012
@ Ajanlekoko,  grin grin grin grin grin grin

That is an old song now! First time I heard it was when Alams 'jeun-sapo' in 2005. Some eediot in my Msc class actually said Yoruba/Hausa had been chopping since independence and it's now the turn of the ND to chop.

Make dem carry go jare. How that translates into jobs and roads in Oturkpo is what beats me?
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 16, 2012
BBC report. Nigeria: A nation divided.

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by phreakabit(m): 12:36am On Jan 16, 2012
Why do the Yorubas in this thread seem inconsolable ?  undecided Are you guys worried of being left out in the cold with the Abokis?
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Martmore: 12:37am On Jan 16, 2012
@alj harem, why do u keep fueling hate between yorubas nd igbos.I guess u enjoy it.U hide under the umbrella of one north but u may be hausa, fulani, nupe, berom, igala, tiv, idoma, nd we all know that the fulanis nd tivs are sworn enemies just like the hausas and beroms are.My advice to you is instead of wasting your time fueling hate among the igbos and yorubas, go to your roots and fuel the hate there or you could still educate them.
Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:39am On Jan 16, 2012
BBC latest report:  Nigeria's Ethnic and Health report

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 16, 2012
Latest from BBC: Nigeria's Literacy and Oil deposit reports.

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 16, 2012
Finally. Asari you will need this to protect your homeland from PARASITES!!!!!!!

Merkava in hebrew known as called God's chariot in English.

May the lord be with you.

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by OneNaira6: 12:45am On Jan 16, 2012
This Alj_harem guy is very irritating, always using his multiple Ids to stir up conflicts. Dude get a fuccking life. You people need to stop salivating over SS, whatever is concurring in our region is none of your business and trying to start division between SE and SS is rather ignorant.  If you like continue, its not working, never had but more grease to elbow

^^^^^@OP
I agree with the dokubo guy in some extent. A better comprising to this protest is for the leaders to agree on resources control.  In this way, every region mointors their resources and use their resources to grow their region and their region alone. This way, noone loses but gains unless you do not have any resources. Either way, I careless: I am rejoicing. 2015 reduced to 2013 or 2014.

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by merengue: 12:47am On Jan 16, 2012
What we should all be fighting for is better, more responsible governments. I would like to see a situation states control 65-70% of what comes from their land and make little remittance to the F.G, then all these donkeys we call governors will be forced to think of new ways of increasing revenue. Then states like Lagos and Anambra who earn huge V.A.T will hold and use their money for their own projects instead of sharing it.

Food for thought: While we in Nigeria are behaving like hungry dogs over oil issues, sensible nations are doing serious things with theirs. These are pictures of Porsche Cayennes and Panameras used by "ordinary" policemen in Qatar as patrol cars.

Re: We Will Defend Jonathan With Our Blood - Asari-dokubo by emmatok(m): 12:50am On Jan 16, 2012
9jacrip:

HA HA funny,

Igbos begging minorities ND for alliance against the Hausa/Fulani.

I tell you those Hausa/Fulani will wipe both of you(SS/SE) out .

You think those Jihadist give a toss about your oil? HELL NO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Assassination Attempt On Ekweremadu / Olorunsogo Power Plant Commisioned By Jonathan Is Not Working - Bukola Saraki / Adeleke’s Camp Worries Over Litigation, Woos PDP Faction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.