Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:53 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8838797 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) (2478) (2479) ... (14209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:04am On Dec 10, 2015
tess1:

Did Porthsmouth and Wigan board give their coaches the mandate to win the cups? But they still went ahead to win it which is an added honours to their profiles
Nobody is saying that Everton board should`ve sacked him because he didn`t win any trophy but the onus lies on every good coach to show how good he is by winning any of the local cups. Porthsmouth and Wigan were not better financed than Everton but the coaches that won them those cups proved their technical proficience despite not having the best players.

Man Utd isn`t the reason why he didn`t have a job now because they didn`t forced the job on him. He had the right of refusal. He also got another job after his sack but still got sacked 12 months into his 18months contract. That`s due to his technical incompetence.

You may never know how competent or incompetent a coach is until he`s drawn out of his comfort zone. Moyes was drawn out of his comfort zone and what do you see? Two sacks in 18 months. If Man Utd was too big a shoe for him to wear, was Real Sociedad also big a shoe for him to wear?
RM sent premier league club wigan to relegation and into oblivon. Portmouth will soon sink into the coca cola league. DM turned Relegation battling Everton into the force they are today. Qualified them for champions league, got to thd FA cup final. Thats the diff between RM and DM.
Enough of all this nonsense. I still stand by my words that as much as DM, LVG deserves to be sacked. If he remains as a united coach, then DM was really unlucky to get sacked at united. Great managers get sacked so who is DM?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dadehmola: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2015
SailorXY:

I believe we all want to achieve same thing as fans of MUFC, so let's tell ourselves some truth & not throwing snide remarks like one old man up there forming prophet.

I doubt this very much...

Ever since LVG resumed as Man Utd Manager, there have been issues. Last season, there were some embarrassing results, more & more negative records were broken like we had during Moyes' regime but ofcourse, there were always ready-made excuses for the "experienced Dutchman who just won a bronze medal with the average Dutch side". The mentality was the "Atleast We are not in 7th place" type, even when it was pretty obvious our 4th place finish was due to the fact that some Clubs (Spurs in particular) failed to capitalize on our indifferent form (especially away from home).

Rubbish formation (for a considerable part of last season), playing people outta position etc but ofcourse, it always had to be the " e sha better pass Moyes" Syndrome

SailorXY:

under Moyes, United lacked direction - in tactics, techniques, direction in the market & on the pitch. only those with amnesia will argue otherwise. his prompt removal was met with worldwide celebrations, there was even a party on this very forum. I remember free passes to VIP section of (names withheld) night club in PH that weekend sponsored by a United female fan. you can imagine such relief!

I laugh when some people talk pure nonsense (offense intended) about time for Moyes. time for what exactly? the baboon made United a laughing stock EVERY bloody week. it was by the Grace of God that I didn't yank off the United metal badge @ the back of my truck… the fact his that without the financial clout & prestige already with the United brand, it may well take over a decade to achieve some form of stability or recovery. we wouldn't even be able to attract a manager in LvG's calibre.

I'm not here to praise Moyes - his appointment is arguably the worst decision taken at the club since it was founded.

The issue here is LVG...

SailorXY:

with this tenure, we have been identified as a possession-based team. call it futile possession, yes you will find no argument but an identity nonetheless! the fans will ask for more after some time, of course its normal, (me sef don tire for these stale results) but from here we can move on to the next step.

Statements like this attest to the fact that our standards have dropped to an all-time low.....

Identity?? The team's style of play is abysmal & horrible, but ofcourse, there must always be a "positives", afterall, "we are in a better position in the league ,compared to Moyes' tenure"....

If the Club owners adopt this attitude, we would risk becoming the new Ac Milan or Liverpool.

Identity my foot!!

SailorXY:

we don't drop points to every tom in the league, we are 3 points off the pace in the league & there's compact play @ the back. the team is ravaged injury-wise right now lets not forget that & these injuries are occuring on the pitch. when LvG moves on the solid base is there, when Moyes was moved on we started from -7.

This is exactly where the problem lies....

The season started in August and by December, We are already out of the group stages of the UCL (after getting the easiest of draws) and also out of the C1C cup (after losing at home to Lowly Middlesbrough at Oldtrafford). To cap it all, We are still depending on the inconsistencies of clubs like City and Arsenal to stay in the top 4, yet you feel we are making progress after investing so much in players... in LVG's second season in charge.

It's obvious we see things differently.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 10, 2015
UniqueGem:
I Been they rank you high for here before, buh you just dey fall hand. Isn't it under LVG and with LVG's Go ahead?
I dont need anybody's ranking ma nigga. This is a faceless forum. I dont know u, u dont know me.

U claimed Woodward was to blame for Moyes transfer failures.
Later on, u claimed LVG was to blame for transfer failures of Falcao and the losses made on Di Maria's transfer.
Or was it not d same Woodward dat was there during Moyes tenure dat is currently there now??

Dude abeg talk better thing!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:21am On Dec 10, 2015
Dadehmola:

Ever since LVG resumed as Man Utd Manager, there have been issues. Last season, there were some embarrassing results, more & more negative records were broken like we had during Moyes' regime but ofcourse, there were always ready-made excuses for the "experienced Dutchman who just won a bronze medal with the average Dutch side". The mentality was the "Atleast We are not in 7th place" type, even when it was pretty obvious our 4th place finish was due to the fact that some Clubs (Spurs in particular) failed to capitalize on our indifferent form (especially away from home).

Rubbish formation (for a considerable part of last season), playing people outta position etc but ofcourse, it always had to be the " e sha better pass Moyes" Syndrome

I'm not here to praise Moyes - his appointment is arguably the worst decision taken at the club since it was founded.

The issue here is LVG...

Statements like this attest to the fact that our standards have dropped to an all-time low.....

Identity?? The team's style of play is abysmal & horrible, but ofcourse, there must always be a "positives", afterall, "we are in a better position in the league ,compared to Moyes' tenure"....

If the Club owners adopt this attitude, we would risk becoming the new Ac Milan or Liverpool.

Identity my foot!!

The season started in August and by December, We are already out of the group stages of the UCL (after getting the easiest of draws) and also out of the C1C cup (after losing at home to Lowly Middlesbrough at Oldtrafford). To cap it all, We are still depending on the inconsistencies of clubs like City and Arsenal to stay in the top 4, yet you feel we are making progress after investing so much in players... in LVG's second season in charge.

THANK YOU SIR!!
Everyone of them just hangs on the thread that moyes finished 7th. As DM was sacked at united, LVG deserves to be banished from football.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 10, 2015
The fans are too sentimental.. LVG is as much a failure currently as moyes was. I would only take lvg better than moyes argument at the end of the season with the FA cup and/or BPL trophy in our cabinet.. Even qualification for Europe is not enough and even that seems unlikely as most teams who have been so inconsistent would want to get back and start playing football.. We on the other are still doing experiments with powell, bothwick or what's his name and varela...After shelving out quarter of a billion pounds... Hopeless

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I dont need anybody's ranking ma nigga. This is a faceless forum. I dint know u, u dont know me.

Later on, u claimed LVG was to blame for transfer failures of Falcao and the losses made on Di Maria's transfer.
Or was it not d same Woodward dat was there during Moyes tenure dat is currently there now??

You getting things wrong. DM and LVG's transfer dealings ain't the same.
Under Moyes.
We needed to sign players. DM provided a list of players for woodward to sign but woodward was slow and lacklustre. On deadline day when all hopes of signing a player was lost, Moyes asked for Fellaini who has always been a last resort and woodward went on to sign him 2x the initial fee(its understandable, deadline day business).
Under LVG
LVG asked for Di Maria, woodward got Di Maria at a record fee(one of the top 5* best players as at then). After a season, LVG says he can no longer work with Di Maria and asked woodward to listen to offers. 45m pounds was accepted. 59-45=£14m lost on Di maria in a period of 1year. Isn't that half of fellaini's fee? Money wasted everywhere. Atleast Fellaini is still paying his dues.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 10, 2015
For those who still think Moyes should ve gotten "more time",
Less than a week later, he won his first league game in charge of the club, opening the season with a 4–1 victory against Swansea City, but after that, United suffered their worst ever start to a Premier League season, leading the start of his reign to be described as "calamitous" following a 4–1 defeat by Manchester City and a 2–1 home defeat by West Bromwich Albion

In December, Manchester United lost Premier League matches at home to Everton and Newcastle United in the space of four days, suffering back-to-back league defeats at Old Trafford for the first time since the 2001–02

At the time of his sacking, United were seventh in the Premier League table, 13 points behind fourth-placed Arsenal with four matches remaining, ensuring United would fail to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995 and finish outside of the top three for the first time in Premier League history.[50] Moyes had won five points from a possible 24 against Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City, and Arsenal (the top four at the time of sacking)
Source: Wikipedia

The nigga destroyed a championship winning team and reduced it to dust. But sure, we should ve given him more time...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:38am On Dec 10, 2015
A little boy Arsenal fan asked me...
'Uncle are we going to play Yoruba League like Man Utd ?'

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 10:40am On Dec 10, 2015
UniqueGem:

Ya!! Now i get you, you really ooze of mediocrity. Sure he has the CV to get us relegated. You are one of those fans he has made to rejoice over every drawn game.
..... and ur campaign for a failure like Moyes ooze what?...Mr bigwig..... carry placard go carrington. as if we haven't suffered enough with this LVG that you are busy dragging us back to Moyes' period

Blatant nonsense!! Woodward is in charge of transfer dealings, he was slow and a novice in transfer dealings. Blame him for failed transfer not DM. Moyes identified his targets early enough, woodward couldn't get any done, fellaini was a last minute resort for moyes, thanks to woodwards inability.
oh yea, blame Woodward all you like, u just confirmed what I said earlier.. he was inexperienced in Moyes' regime but acted early in LVG's.. why is that..
f...uckin CV @work

One thing in life is that i hate injustice. LVG has made me realise how injustly DM was treated. LVG deserves worse treatment than moyes.

I could remember when the CL draw was made, we wrote off city immediately, along the way Arsenal stuttered and we wrote them off. We saw our dear United as the only hope of the english team in europe because even chelsea were bad domestically.
But today where ard those dreams? LVG sent all down the drain with reckless abandon, atleast DM was careful and concerned. But has anyone seen LVG face even when we were at the cusp of exit? He was even seated and writing before the 2nd half commenced. It shows that whatever he is doing with his notepad and jotter has nothing to do with the game. Damn!!
Oya go appoint Moyes back Mr bigwig.....
whether u like it or not LVG has d CV over DM to get overlooked in some nonsense decisions he's making whether you call it injustice or whatever is actually YOUR HEADACHE..
i've already told you to stop dragging @manutd over DM's mucky water as there is a new one there to think about.....
back to more serious issues joor....
with the number of injuries in d squad, hw are we gonna line up against Bournemouth..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 10:42am On Dec 10, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:
The fans are too sentimental.. LVG is as much a failure currently as moyes was. I would only take lvg better than moyes argument at the end of the season with the FA cup and/or BPL trophy in our cabinet.. Even qualification for Europe is not enough and even that seems unlikely as most teams who have been so inconsistent would want to get back and start playing football.. We on the other are still doing experiments with powell, bothwick or what's his name and varela...After shelving out quarter of a billion pounds... Hopeless
Coming from Mr LvG himself. Volumes.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:44am On Dec 10, 2015
chidexxy007:

[s]Oya go appoint Moyes back Mr bigwig.....
whether u like it or not LVG has d CV over DM to get overlooked in some nonsense decisions he's making whether you call it injustice or whatever is actually YOUR HEADACHE..
i've already told you to stop dragging @manutd over DM's mucky water as there is a new one there to think about.....[/s]
back to more serious issues joor....
with the number of injuries in d squad, hw are we gonna line up against Bournemouth..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2015
UniqueGem:
RM sent premier league club wigan to relegation and into oblivon. Portmouth will soon sink into the coca cola league. DM turned Relegation battling Everton into the force they are today. Qualified them for champions league, got to thd FA cup final. Thats the diff between RM and DM.
Enough of all this nonsense. I still stand by my words that as much as DM, LVG deserves to be sacked. If he remains as a united coach, then DM was really unlucky to get sacked at united. Great managers get sacked so who is DM?

Yes the team got relegated but he has a trophy (FA Cup) to his credit/honours inspite of the quality of players compared to what DM had at Everton.

Where is the trouphy to DM`s credit for turning a relegation battling team into the force they are today? Is there any trouphy for that?

Yes he qualified them for UCL. What did he do with the qualification? He crashed the team out in the third round qualification and the UEFA Cup at the early stage. Couldn`t even qualify them into the group stages and you want to be celebrating that as success.

It is better for you not to say anything than to be calling other people`s opinions "nonsense". Everybody is free to express his opinions on any issue. We all are here to share opinions and learn from one another.Calling other people`s opinion "nonsense" is absurd. Must everybody align with your own opinion?

This is my final response on this.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2015
tess1:

Yes the team got relegated but he has a trophy (FA Cup) to his credit/honours inspite of the quality of players compared to what DM had at Everton.

Where is the trouphy to DM`s credit for turning a relegation battling team into the force they are today? Is there any trouphy for that?

Yes he qualified them for UCL. What did he do with the qualification? He crashed the team out in the third round qualification and the UEFA Cup at the early stage. Couldn`t even qualify them into the group stages and you want to be celebrating that as success.

It is better for you not to say anything than to be calling other people`s opinions "nonsense". Everybody is free to express his opinions on any issue. We all are here to share opinions and learn from one another.Calling other people`s opinion "nonsense" is absurd. Must everybody align with your own opinion?

I wasn't calling your opinion nonsense. I was referring to the arguement we are having as nonsense, No hard feelings.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Spy360(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
I dont need anybody's ranking ma nigga. This is a faceless forum. I dont know u, u dont know me.

Klopp welcomes LvG

' On those chilling Thursday nights You Will Never Walk Alone. Thanks for the company.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2015
chidexxy007:

let's know from Mr Plato's press conference tomorrow the number of players that are fit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 10, 2015
UniqueGem:
How arent they the same?? They were both handled by the same Ed Woodward!!

Under Moyes.
We needed to sign players. DM provided a list of players for woodward to sign but woodward was slow and lacklustre. On deadline day when all hopes of signing a player was lost, Moyes asked for Fellaini who has always been a last resort and woodward went on to sign him 2x the initial fee(its understandable, deadline day business).
U can blame Woodward all u want fact remains dat Moyes was slow in his transfer dealings chasing the same targets up and down not knowing which one to settle for. B4 opting for Fellaini wen it was already too late

Under LVG
LVG asked for Di Maria, woodward got Di Maria at a record fee(one of the top 5* best players as at then). After a season, LVG says he can no longer work with Di Maria and asked woodward to listen to offers. 45m pounds was accepted. 59-45=£14m lost on Di maria in a period of 1year. Isn't that half of fellaini's fee? Money wasted everywhere. Atleast Fellaini is still paying his dues.
Yes we lost 14m on Di Maria's sale. But made it back x2 in his shirt sales alone. United sold an average of 400 000 Di Maria shirts. An one shirt gors for an average of £70. Do the math!!
Link: Click Here

Like i said b4, abeg talk better tin....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chidexxy007(m): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2015
tess1:

trophy?..... he stabilized them... isn't that enough?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 10, 2015
Spy360:
Klopp welcomes LvG

' On those chilling Thursday nights You Will Never Walk Alone. Thanks for the company.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16am On Dec 10, 2015
People don't realize we are only 14 points above Chelsea. Should Chelsea pick form, we could be at par on points before January ending. Gaal and his injury players should wake up and save our season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:21am On Dec 10, 2015
UniqueGem:
Under Moyes.
Under LVG

What I read was that Woodward was inexperienced in transfer matters, broking and negotiations when he first arrived. Again we thought we had a good team, except the midfield which was the major worry.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 10, 2015
Spy360:
A little boy Arsenal fan asked me...

'Uncle are we going to play Yoruba League like Man Utd ?'

Oh am sorry! Were u trying to crack a joke??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:32am On Dec 10, 2015
If Gaal is still in charge next season, he should learn to get a squad of 30 first team players. Experienced players, not filling in from junior team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
[s]How arent they the same?? They were both handled by the same Ed Woodward!!

U can blame Woodward all u want fact remains dat Moyes was slow in his transfer dealings chasing the same targets up and down not knowing which one to settle for. B4 opting for Fellaini wen it was already too late

Yes we lost 14m on Di Maria's sale. But made it back x2 in his shirt sales alone. United sold an average of 400 000 Di Maria shirts. An one shirt gors for an average of £70. Do the math!!
Link: Click Here

Like i said b4, abeg talk better tin....[/s]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by UniqueGem(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2015
elampiro:
If Gaal is still in charge next season, he should learn to get a squad of 30 first team players. Experienced players, not filling in from junior team.
The wack man sold Rafael and is stuck with Varela and cameron abi cameroon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SIRcumalot: 11:44am On Dec 10, 2015
All this talk too much na,season never end. We're still in contention for the league make una calm down abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:53am On Dec 10, 2015
UniqueGem:
The wack man sold Rafael and is stuck with Varela and cameron abi cameroon.

He was too in a hurry to trim the team. He didn't put injuries into consideration. It's always a long season in EPL. We are currently stuck with full backs who only are not struggling trying to cope with marking their man but also limited in going forward. No one to propel our forward wheels. I imagine we had Luke Shaw and Valencia fit running those lines for us. Schurle would have been eliminated. In fact Schurle would have been the one tracking Valencia trying to stop him starting an attack. Someone how too we are unlucky because even Shaw was in great form.

It looks like Herrera is returning, but he might not be match fit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:54am On Dec 10, 2015
Dadehmola:
the foundation has to firm or the success will be short lived.

perhaps City should return their first EPL for capitalizing on the naive executions of the last few games of Man United? So the same Spurs that was brushed aside without breaking a sweat is now a factor in last term's top 4 finish?

Rubbish formation (for a considerable part of last season), playing people outta position etc but ofcourse, it always had to be the " e sha better pass Moyes" Syndrome.
@ that stage I didn't hear complains & the reason was simple. We were air-dropped into the jungle bare-footed, someone came along, offered us sneakers. It's not the ideal solution but an improvement on the situation.

The issue here is LVG...
I have been reading epistles of Moyes. If the idea isn't to hold forth for the serial loser, why is Moyes' name all over this bittch since Tuesday? grin

Identity my foot!!
we dropped to an all time low the moment Moyes came on board. LvG was appointed to steady the ship & we know it is not a day's job. After the 5-3 defeat to Leicester, the conservative approach we all loathe came into play.
If you have travelled on a sea before you can confirm that you never attempt to sail when your ship is rocking against unfriendly tides; or you capsize!

Rewind to summer 2013 & tell who Woodward should have appointed as manager.
It is easy to stare @ the club through your rear view & scream alawaiye.

for me the problem lies with letting too many players leave without equal recruitment in sheer numbers. This isn't about the layout financially. I blame LvG here & we all complain about sticking players out of position.

we are making progress, I say it anywhere. These frustrations stem from the actual pace of the progress. Let's not forget we are ravaged by injuries copped on the pitch, & no it's not the same as injuries gathered on the training pitch as was synonymous with Moyes.
we have crashed out of a similar cheap group under SAF, finishing last! We have failed @ the first hurdle of domestic cup competitions under SAF but what we never witnessed was falling out of the top 4! Moyes achieved that feat - enshrined in his glory!

@ last something we agree upon.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
SailorXY:

we dropped to an all time low the moment Moyes came on board. LvG was appointed to steady the ship & we know it is not a day's job. After the 5-3 defeat to Leicester, the conservative approach we all loathe came into play.
If you have travelled on a sea before you can confirm that you never attempt to sail when your ship is rocking against unfriendly tides; or you capsize!

It looks to me you are still blaming Gaal's inability to dominate games on Moyes. This is ridiculous considering these were the same excuses last season even when Gaal bought 6 new players including Di Maria, Falcao, Blind, Rojo, Herrera, Shaw.

Gaal had January to correct any mistake. Then he had another summer this year. Remember this Gaal was hired before the end of 2013/2014 season. He had enough time to plan his recruit.

Find another excuse for Gaal and remove Moyes from the matter. Gaal met all the players that played for Ferguson except Fabio. He already could see the areas to correct from Moyes mistakes, instead he went to the scratch to train the team on the Philosophy. Another manager would have just made adjustments here and there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 12:16pm On Dec 10, 2015
I don't understand the man and it's like he enjoys experimenting with the team. 1st he started with his 352 to 4 diamond in the middle and to 4141 which he used to beat many top teams and gather points that helped in making top 4. I thought he'd have sticked to the formation and strengthen it in the transfer window but no, he ditched it together with some players that helped to make it work and started another with new tactics and formation. He's rather experimenting than building.

On Sat I saw many pages of a book being shown to Depay when he was about to be brought in against Westham and I was like "how do you expect him to grasp all that within such a short time and apply them on the pitch?". Just like Di Maria said, it is hard to comprehend/please him. Players are even confused and play like robots.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2015
I guess it's Moyes also telling Gaal not to make corrections to our play during matches. Moyes told him to sell Di Maria and Nani because we bought De Pay. Moyes told him to bench Ashley Young and play rookies in a do or die final UCL group game at away.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by tess1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2015
elampiro:

He was too in a hurry to trim the team. He didn't put injuries into consideration. It's always a long season in EPL. We are currently stuck with full backs who only are not struggling trying to cope with marking their man but also limited in going forward. No one to propel our forward wheels. I imagine we had Luke Shaw and Valencia fit running those lines for us. Schurle would have been eliminated. In fact Schurle would have been the one tracking Valencia trying to stop him starting an attack. Someone how too we are unlucky because even Shaw was in great form.

It looks like Herrera is returning, but he might not be match fit.

That`s exactly my biggesr problem with LVG. He sold players he could have retained as squad players with no adequate replacement for them. He made the team vulnerable when injuries come up. He also forgot that Man Utd always compete for all available competitions available with the primary aim of winning the competition. That`s the reason SAF will always have players like brown, Oshea, Evans ......... for a long time and if he`s selling any, he`s buying another or he`s already nutured somebody to step up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 12:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
elampiro:
People don't realize we are only 14 points above Chelsea. Should Chelsea pick form, we could be at par on points before January ending. Gaal and his injury players should wake up and save our season.
Lmao you bother about whose 14 points behind you but careless about being 3 points from the top.

#My Nigga

(1) (2) (3) ... (2473) (2474) (2475) (2476) (2477) (2478) (2479) ... (14209) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: everton4life(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.