Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,506 members, 7,865,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8878692 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (14218) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
'Pool sheet', 'pool sheet'. You must explain this thing today.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
Too many repeated lines. Get creative undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Oghos1:

So watz ur point? Mario gomez is a better striker than rooney? Oga coogar don rili mk oversee rooney finish.

C'est dommage
When it comes to the sole business of putting the ball in the net Gomez is obviously the better striker Rooney edges it in the overall play tho
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
elampiro: 'Pool sheet', 'pool sheet'. You must explain this thing today.

Lol. The person who gets football knowledge from reading pool sheet

Everyone here has an idea of what Pool is abi no be all those bristol vs Dundee United pool?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Palmwine and Pap grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
oh boi!

this is some real mean Poo!

2 wars, 1 thread.

DK and Elampiro's battle is more likely to be a technical one, possibly only boxing purists would love that.

BUT Coogar and Tapout? This promises to be Hearns vs Hagler, Arturo Gatti vs Micky Ward and Ali vs Frazier 3 all in one!

GustavoFring save me a seat please, Katsumoto we need your sage knowledge of all things legendary.

I dont want to hear " No mas", I want to hear " down goes Frazier" cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 10:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
elampiro learning european football

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
oh boi to derail the thread small, just watching repeat transmission of S.A vs Spain.
those southie boys played really well shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:23am On Nov 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Lol. The person who gets football knowledge from reading pool sheet

Everyone here has an idea of what Pool is abi no be all those bristol vs Dundee United pool?

2%

I mean 2 over 100.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:44am On Nov 21, 2013
dayokanu: elampiro learning european football

I knew this was all you were referring to. No research on the web would have given you even 20% knowledge about it.

The image you uploaded now is the final betting sheet used by the pool stakers. It is called a coupon. This is what you can probably see at pool offices patronized by road side stakers. These sheets which make up systematically arranged weekly fixtures are produced weekly by the British football pool authority in association with the FA. It is thn reprinted by pools compilers and pools promoters worldwide to be distributed to their agents who finally made it available to the focasters and betters. After the Saturday matches, the unused fixture sheets are useless and these is what you see sold to bole and groundnut sellers. When you mentioned this bole and grounddnut, I took it as one of those jokes we are having to keep ourselves laughing until weekend. But on a second thought, I realized you had the feeling you were pummeling me.

Now, there are many things you need to know about football pool.

1. Pool stakers.
2. Pool promoters.
3. Pool compilers/promoters.
4. Pool matches and league used
5. Pools promoters/compilers and sometimes agents use of BBC to monitor pool which will ultimately expose you to details of English football, Scottish football, Australia football, Central Europe football and world football.
6. Football pool is a billion pounds industry.
7. The industry is believed to be secretly headed by the queen and English FA.
8. The believe in the industry is that some football matches are fixed by the FA for the exclusive preserve of the billion pounds pool industry. These fixed draws are alleged to be worked into keys which forecaster will have to study hard for days, weeks, or even years to unlock in order to stake with the intention of hitting a life fortune. Some of these keys are believed to be revealed under to oath to pools compilers who used such to publish their football weekly forecast papers like the 'Soccer Research' 'Bob Morton' 'Capital' or by Niegrian veteran compiler Ehi Obinyan with is several expensive weekly forecast papers such as 'Murphy' and several others I have forgotten their names because I left the industry since late '90s.
9. It is believed that the introduction of Premier League put a total stop to the fixing of matches in 'division 1' and limited match fixing in division 2. This was said to be when the FA finally bowed to criticism that the league was losing it and needed to attract more foreign interest.

Now when you hear of football pool, know that it was a gigantic industry. It was a big employer of labour in the past while creating wealth particularly for secrete people behind it, then the compilers, then the promoters and finally the lucky stakers. Many unlucky stakers, in the majority among stakers, were confined to permanent poverty with the perpetual hope that they will one day unlock a secrete code to getting at least 3 (3 over 3) fixed draw matches either goaless draws or score draws. Score draw gave far higher jackpot.

Now how does this relate to knowing about football or football analysis?

Pool compilers, promoters, agents and even stakers develop different knowledge about football based on their area and level of involvement in the pool industry. We are going to leave out the FA and the Curia (the panel believed to be fixing matches) because by default they are football themselves.

When I return again, I will find time to write a small piece on compilers/publishers, promoters and agents and finally the stakers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Wetin dey happen for this manure thread? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (14218) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Jamiuokolla, eph12(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.