Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8795182 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (14182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 28, 2013
elampiro:

I don't know for sure.

That is the problem. We have players but it sometimes look like we are not a strong team.
central midfield deficiency causes that.

To accommodate the three guys, we have to play Rooney or Kagawa on the left. That means our four wingers (Val, Nani, Zaha and Young) have only one position. But sincerely, only Rooney can equal or even better the performance Nani gave on the left.
young is on his way out. Zaha has d future ahead of him and will likely go on loan. That leaves nani valencia AND JANUZaJ. Again they will all get chances (squad rotation and substitutions).

If I were Moyes, despite having in mind that RVP is my top striker, I would put him on the bench against Totteham with the intention of finding out if Rooney, Kagawa, Valencia and Nani can repeat the flair they had in Germany. If they can't, then use RVP to repair the missing link.
RvP is not back to full fitness btw and with d way things are he certainly won't be rushed. Dutch coach nearly crucified moyes for his treatment of RvP. One of his quotes "RvP nids rest and not painkillers".

I think he will get d rest.
However, no coach will keep Rooney and RVP on the bench, so at the end we are going to have Rooney on the left should Kagawa click in the hole.
that's what pretty much every one was screaming for. Glad u r beginning to see.
In the second half yesterday, Kagawa was not as effective until his pass to Rooney that gave us the 4th goal.
he got tired at a point. If u noticed his off d ball pressing, u would have known y.

His direct runs at defenders are what I like most. But I want a couple of matches before I can conclude that the number 10 should be handed to him permanently.
. And d direct runs are not even what he is best at. His strength is getting into pockets of space in between d defemcenmidflield and playing that killer pass. That's what makes him special. U rili nid to source for old dortmund clips.

Agreed he will nid to do it again. And I'm quite sure he will.

In conclusion, it is always said you don't change a wining team. The only change is how will RVP come in? Should RVP return immediately, it means Nani will be forced out again.
u don't change a winning team. But u can improve on it.

coogar:

rooney should go left when RVP returns. let nani & valencia slug it out on the right. competition brings out the best in wingers. kagawa should be the player in the hole - we have been class each time he's played there.
. Exactly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2013
coogar:

to accommodate the 3 of them, we have to sacrifice a defender(liverpool) or sacrifice width(diamond formation)

3-4-1-2

---smalling--jones--evans---
valencia--fellaini--carrick--nani
--------shinji kagawa---------
----van persie--rooney-----

4-1-2-1-2

rafael--smalling--evans--evra
------------carrick------------
----cleverley---fellaini-----
-----------kagawa----------
-------RVP---rooney---------

We will be mauled with 3 at the back especially while playing a top team.

Our best bet is the 4-1-2-1-2, with carrick seating in front of the back four and the formation still accommodates our wing play as well as deadly duo of RVP/Rooney and Kagawa's intelligence and brilliance behind the duo.

The only minus against this formation is that DM is a faithful disciple of 2 defensive midfielders and the formation cannot accommodate that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:35am On Nov 28, 2013
superstar1:

i doubt it.....with 3 at the back with johnny evans giving the license to stroll out with the ball like he loves to, we should be fine. we can even put rafael/fabio/evra on the flanks instead of nani/valencia.

Our best bet is the 4-1-2-1-2, with carrick seating in front of the back four and the formation still accommodates our wing play as well as deadly duo of RVP/Rooney and Kagawa's intelligence and brilliance behind the duo.

fergie tried to flirt with this idea last season or so and an 80 year-old grandma lampooned fergie on MUTV to drop the idea.

The only minus against this formation is that DM is a faithful disciple of 2 defensive midfielders and the formation cannot accommodate that.

4-2-3-1 is our best bet - it's the modern formation. put kagawa between the lines. get carrick & fellaini functioning with 2 inverted wingers and we should be fine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Leyqute:

There is a lot of games to be played. Squad will be rotated.
even d most effective and balanced squad rotation will favour some players and has its downside. D rotation will happen, quite alryt. But it shouldn't be excessive.

superstar1: What formation can actually accommodate Rvp Rooney and Kagawa, with Kagawa playing in the hole, his most natural position?

Less tinker with formations a little bit.
todo that we are most likely going to sacrifice width. Except we play juve's type of formation.

D most realistic tho is. 4 3 1 2. Or 4 3 2 1 ( christmass tree formation) that's what milan use.
De gea.
Rafa. Vidic. Evans. Evra.
Carrick cleverley fellaini
Kagawa.
Rooney. RVP.

OR
Same mid field and defence.

Kagawa. Rooney.
RVP.

Diamond. Midfield formation is also an option
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2013
Truly speaking, I think we have too many players that can play in more than one position and I am not sure right now with the way things have panned out if that is an advantage to us or its what is confusing or making Moyes make some silly decisions.

Valencia can play on the right both defence and attack, those are the only 2positions he can play for this team as we know now.

Nani plays on Left and right, sometimes in the middle when he drift inside.

Kagawa, inthe hole and on the left.

Jones a defender naturally being converted to a midfielder.

Cleverly, Giggs, Ando and Fellaini can play anywhere in d middle.

Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Rio and even Jones all fighting for CD.

Evra, Buttner and Fabio left defence.

Its good to have competitions in diff positions, but when you play a kagawa on the left who naturally wants to play in hole, it automatically ostracizes AY, Janujaz who are more naturally inclined to play that position.

Or play smalling @ right back when Raphael is fit for the position, I know raphael height might be a reason if we face tall opposition.

The point am making is that in other teams maybe one or (wo players are moved around like this, but in UNITED, seems the whole team can be shuffled game after game.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 28, 2013
superstar1:

. Not necessarily. Juve plays with this week in week out for 2 seasons in a row now.

D key to that formation is the wing back pos. Whoever occupies it has to be very energetic and should posses loads of stamina. Cuz he'll be combing two positions.

. U got it wrong. That formation is extremely narrow and many a times it leaves d full backs exposed and gives d opposition full too much time on d ball. Good full backs will punish u dearly.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
wink Replace Jones with Fellaini

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 1:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
bxg: wink Replace Jones with Fellaini

Replace Januzaj with Tony V or Nani. That midfield of yours lacks mobility and Kagawa will be huffing and puffing by the 65th minute.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oghos1: . Not necessarily. Juve plays with this week in week out for 2 seasons in a row now.

D key to that formation is the wing back pos. Whoever occupies it has to be very energetic and should posses loads of stamina. Cuz he'll be combing two positions.

. U got it wrong. That formation is extremely narrow and many a times it leaves d full backs exposed and gives d opposition full too much time on d ball. Good full backs will punish u dearly.

Juve got away with it in Seria A and they were well beaten in Europe. We cannot even get away with in EPL talkless of Europe.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by superstar1(m): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oghos1: even d most effective and balanced squad rotation will favour some players and has its downside. D rotation will happen, quite alryt. But it shouldn't be excessive.

todo that we are most likely going to sacrifice width. Except we play juve's type of formation.

D most realistic tho is. 4 3 1 2. Or 4 3 2 1 ( christmass tree formation) that's what milan use.
De gea.
Rafa. Vidic. Evans. Evra.
Carrick cleverley fellaini
Kagawa.
Rooney. RVP.

OR
Same mid field and defence.

Kagawa. Rooney.
RVP.

Diamond. Midfield formation is also an option

I prefer the 4-3-1-2 Seems more threatening and effective on paper. My only minus against 4-3-2_1 is the possibility of conflict of roles between Kagawa and Rooney with that formation
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
this is the much needed Manchester united thread I know of!
only if DM has a spy on this thread, he'll be damn good in his thinking and team selection week in week out! shocked

u guys are too good ! just too good! cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
"@OptaJoe: 9 - Manchester United have allowed fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the Champions League. Tight."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
n0m0705: "@OptaJoe: 9 - Manchester United have allowed fewer shots on target against them than any other team in the Champions League. Tight."
Good!
Though d opposite is d case in Epl.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
superstar1:

Juve got away with it in Seria A and they were well beaten in Europe. We cannot even get away with in EPL talkless of Europe.
well beaten? D onli reason they failed in europe was their serious striking deficiencies. Not because of d system.
United can't practise it tho. We don't have ideal wing backs.

superstar1:

I prefer the 4-3-1-2 Seems more threatening and effective on paper. My only minus against 4-3-2_1 is the possibility of conflict of roles between Kagawa and Rooney with that formation
neither of them are stingy, I'm not sure there would be conflict.

Milan used it to devastating effect against celtic on tuesday.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oghos1: central midfield deficiency causes that.

young is on his way out. Zaha has d future ahead of him and will likely go on loan. That leaves nani valencia AND JANUZaJ. Again they will all get chances (squad rotation and substitutions).

RvP is not back to full fitness btw and with d way things are he certainly won't be rushed. Dutch coach nearly crucified moyes for his treatment of RvP. One of his quotes "RvP nids rest and not painkillers".

I think he will get d rest.
that's what pretty much every one was screaming for. Glad u r beginning to see. he got tired at a point. If u noticed his off d ball pressing, u would have known y.

. And d direct runs are not even what he is best at. His strength is getting into pockets of space in between d defemcenmidflield and playing that killer pass. That's what makes him special. U rili nid to source for old dortmund clips.

Agreed he will nid to do it again. And I'm quite sure he will.

u don't change a winning team. But u can improve on it.

. Exactly.

Let's see how it goes. You know EPL teams are very ruthless in tackling and defending.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Will keane joins wigan on loan.

Powell likely to be recalled in january.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oghos1: Will keane joins wigan on loan.

Powell likely to be recalled in january.

D oda keane bro - derby county.

I wish them all d best
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
David Moyes has revealed that Manchester United will attempt to sign players in January as he looks to build a squad capable of challenging for honours.

"The thing about this club is that we always think long term, I am thinking how we are going to have a side that is going to be competing in the Champions League and right at the top end of the Premier League for four or five years.

"It has to be a continual building process here. We will continue to look to do that. In any one window you couldn't change it all around anyway. It takes maybe two, three or four windows to do that.

"To talk about January and make it sound as if that would be the place where everything is cured and any problems would be resolved would be wrong.

"It is not me saying we are not going to buy anyone in January, we are going to try to if the opportunity is there, but they have to fit the right criteria. If not, we will have to wait until the summer and see if we can get them then." (Source: goal.com)

Cristiano Ronaldo : "I like playing with Bale. He is a very good
player; he gives us an extra attacking option. In the same way I have shown in the past with the likes of Wayne [Rooney], it's easy for good players to build an
understanding with other good players."

Hope Madrid won't chase my guy next summer.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dis guy is one crazy asz japanese mofo. grin. Damn.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elrony(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Oghos1: Dis guy is one crazy asz japanese mofo. grin. Damn.

Buaaaaaahhhhh!!!! grin

The owner of dat handle is a psycho cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 6:16am On Nov 29, 2013
chrisley024:
Good!
Though d opposite is d case in Epl.
There is something about our epl form that I couldn't still understand, we have not had an easy game in the league this season. Even 10 man crystal palace gave us a running around. It's like we cannot cope with the tempo and physicality of epl again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by n0m0705(m): 8:37am On Nov 29, 2013
Happy 40th birthday to Ryan Giggs.
It's time to retire sir

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:42am On Nov 29, 2013
Huge respect to the legend that is Ryan Giggs. His quality is still there but his legs are definitely catching up on him.
But his quality is still there at age 40. I do hope he retires gracefully at the end of this season as I don't want to feel any annoyance towards him. Tearing you apart since 1992!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2013
Happy Birthday Sir Giggsy, may your prolific illustrous career never end in shambles.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
StarBoard: It should be an ugly sight tonight in Leverkusen.
Einstein,
Stop making excuses for someone who we know isn't suited for this job.

Kindly tell us one positive his tenure has highlighted since he took over.
Beating Arsenal shouldn't count because we aren't Everton. Wait, we are starting to look like Everton.

StarBoard:
We're gonna get molested on a high level. Not with bros Gollum insistent on fielding Giggs at every opportunity and wild Samoan Rooney on the loose, generally disrupting things for us.

StarBoard:
LMAO.
Leave those muppets who believe AV is best.
they know nothing about tactics/formation. We're talking about advanced formations and palm-wine drinkards are here mentioning a limited Valencia.

For goodness sakes, this Gollum don tire me.
Now might not be a bad time to give Anderson some playing time. But He won't field him over Phil Jones if he's available.

StarBoard:

I'm sure you're not just realising how inept the dude is.
But maybe you are prepared to give him benefit of doubt.
I saw Leverkusen in action last weekend vs Hertha Berlin.
Contrast what we saw on Sunday and we might not be looking forward to tonight.

Isaac Newton. Just a little under 10 pages and counting, not a single comment from you... are you in a coma still!!?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 12:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
Just watched a youtube clip of Ryan Giggs scoring a brace against Juventus in the 1998 UCL semi final second leg in Turin. Funny that he happens to be the only one still playing professional football today from the 22 players on the pitch that night. Legendary stuff!!!!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
RuuDie:

Isaac Newton. Just a little under 10 pages and counting, not a single comment from you... are you in a coma still!!?

No mind them! arm chair analysts!! They make it sound like they know wtf they are talking about. When the predictions backfire, they silently crawl back into their shells.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hugoboi:

No mind them! arm chair analysts!! They make it sound like they know wtf they are talking about. When the predictions backfire, they silently crawl back into their shells.

shut up!
everyone knows maradona at his age can still play for a team & do a job. hell, even a broken clock is accurate twice in a day. there's a difference between thriving & coping. we won the game emphatically in spite of having ryan giggs on the pitch not because of ryan giggs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

shut up!
everyone knows maradona at his age can still play for a team & do a job. hell, even a broken clock is accurate twice in a day. there's a difference between thriving & coping. we won the game emphatically in spite of having ryan giggs on the pitch not because of ryan giggs.
yea ryt! As would sir bobby charlton undecided
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Hugoboi(m): 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
coogar:

shut up!

coogar, i will not go into verbal exchanges with you because your abusive nature on Nairaland is a well documented fact. While most posters here (especially your cohorts) might think it spices up this forum, i believe it is an ample manifestation of an abusive childhood. Please endaevour to make your point without hurling insults. i can bet top dollar that you cant.. You need to see a shrink.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
RuuDie:

Is that meant to be funny?
A win vs Leverkusen is what is getting this one horn.y?
Please jare.
Where was the display vs West Brom and Southampton?

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (14182) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala, afrodoc2 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.