Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Would You Marry Your Age Mate? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (19752 Views)

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Emad(f): 10:10pm On Oct 25, 2007
No way,
because i am too big ( physically ) for , my age
i will look like his mother beside him
and besides i am a little mature for my age i find alot of people two years older than me childish
how much less my age mate ? embarassed
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by showbobo(m): 10:18pm On Oct 25, 2007
My girl is a year older than me.Age aint nothing but numbers in as much as you guys truly love each other.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by showbobo(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2007
@aimlove

sorry to ask,are you an igbo man
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Emad(f): 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2007
Maturity matters a great deal in how problems are sorted out,
and no matter how much people love each other they are bound to have problems
which MUST be solved, and between two adults, the problems need to be solved maturely.
You cannot ignore this
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by pheesayor(m): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2007
why not I dated someone who is about 20 days younger, we were supposed to go far but she had to travel abroad to further her education and even dated one who is like 20 days older. It's all about ur maturity as a man and how u handle it
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by netotse(m): 11:04pm On Oct 25, 2007
well left to me thats what i want to do, my friend(a short while ago it was girlfriend but its compicated)is less than a year younger than i am and i soooooo want to marry her, so i'm on the YES side
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by JohnEllis(m): 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2007
Damn slong as she is Miss Right i'ma wed her. even if she's mad years older than me. word
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ifyalways(f): 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2007
why not??any reason not to
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by tellie(m): 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2007
like others rigthly said age is number.
If you love a lady and she truely love you in return, yuo both will be blind to the issue of age.
To think of it what does age has to do with love. for those who are against the topic i hope they fall victim one day

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by oge4real(f): 1:06am On Oct 26, 2007
I can't do that because I wil like my husband to also play a shielding and protective role in my life.I also think that it will be easier to submit to a man that is a little older than myself say, within a range of 0-5 years.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by DisGuy: 1:25am On Oct 26, 2007
submit to a man? undecided some naija girls spend over 4 years in university, they still want a man to shield and protect them- like we are living in the stone-age
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by akym(m): 1:39am On Oct 26, 2007
The right answer here is as far as there is Love here i dont think Number matter as age.
Some says love is blind but there is alot to talk about it.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by habibi777(m): 4:13am On Oct 26, 2007
as for me i dont see anything wrong about it
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 26, 2007
I actaully know a friend that married a lady 3 months older than him and damn! She is so respective and submissive to her husband.She does not call d husband by name.So what do y think my frineds
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Tonyblu(m): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2007
it's cool.
what matters is love n respect.
of course, 2 of u hav to be FFRIENDS for it to work out.
but abv all, God's guidance.

cheers.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by onydchic(f): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2007
submit to a man? Undecided Huh some naija girls spend over 4 years in university, they still want a man to shield and protect them- like we are living in the stone-age Huh

@ dis guy
I feel you. It makes me wonder when I see women who are educated and successful still saying things like that. I have no reason marrying a guy my age, as long you two love each other, the mutual respect is there adn maturity, why should i go looking for a guy that's ten years older
We were talking about this yesterday, no matter how you look at it, too much of an age gap will definitely result in a generation gap. The same things won't excite or interest you, and i see no reason I should be talking to my husband like he's my dad. What's the point?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by fesse(f): 7:32am On Oct 26, 2007
i can marry my age mate, somebody that is older than me but not with too much age. so long i will love,care,cherish,adore,respect and understands him. To me age matter nothing in any relationship.
women are meant to be under the men no matter the age, so i see no reason age should be a barrier to marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by mellow(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2007
I can marry anybody because age is just a number, 42 can be 24[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by odd: 9:18am On Oct 26, 2007
as long as the girl is 0-1 year older i can marry her. wat r the reasons not to marry an older woman anyway?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by tonia2000(f): 9:26am On Oct 26, 2007
mellow:

I can marry anybody because age is just a number, 42 can be 24[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

yes o 81 can be 18
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by herthesir(f): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2007
age is not a major factor in a relationship.marriage is more than age,physical appearance.I can marry someone of my age.it is really no big deal as long as he has the qualities i want in my man.sikena
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by PrinceT2: 9:55am On Oct 26, 2007
Yea,i can marry my age mate, if it is the will of God for me to marry her.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by choco4life(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2007
I dont see anything wrong in marrying your agemate, or are you going to marry someone as old as your Pa or Ma
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by efuah(f): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2007
yeah i can, provided he has the fear of God in him . . . maturity matters a lot too, love anddddddd brains!! am attracted to brains u kno smiley
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by onyekang1(f): 10:10am On Oct 26, 2007
as long as true love exsit kiss and he is matured crowning it wit brains
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by eseaberuo: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2007
personally to me i think it is a serious issue. From the both sides, it is always better to marry someone who is older than you are. Take for instance the female counterpart, they are always fragile and not as wise as the men, they cant handle thinhs the way it should go but if u marry a man older than u are then little things might not affect u cos he is going to make sure that he teaches and grooms you to his taste. i am sharing a tru life experience which happened to me. smiley[color=#000099][/color[i][/i]]

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by simplysmat(m): 10:15am On Oct 26, 2007
I think it all boils down to the individuals involved. as long as we can flow, nothin stops us.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by efuah(f): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2007
simplysmat:

I think it all boils down to the individuals involved. as long as we can flow, nothin stops us.
exactly my dear

eseaberuo:

personally to me i think it is a serious issue. From the both sides, it is always better to marry someone who is older than you are. Take for instance the female counterpart, they are always fragile and not as wise as the men, they can't handle thinhs the way it should go but if u marry a man older than u are then little things might not affect u because he is going to make sure that he teaches and grooms you to his taste. i am sharing a tru life experience which happened to me. smiley[color=#000099][/color[i][/i]]
ur perception i guess undecided . . . i bet some women are far wise/intelligent than some men. . . i was more billant than most guys in my class wink
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by omena555(f): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2007
yes i can but only if he is mature in mind and in his way of doing things. some guys never grow up  wink
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Bolarge(m): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2007
Lai lai. She must be at least 5yrs younger. grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by cecegorz(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2007
Hey dudes, i've discovered that 'time-set' (age) is not always equivalent to 'mind-set' (maturity).
because u're 5yrs older than ur wife does not necessarily mean u're wiser. The bottom line i believe, is love and mutual respect. if u got those 2 folks, u got everything, even if u're decades apart(either way).
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2007
why, yep if she is nice enof

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After 4 Yrs Together, I Discovered Wat My GF Has Been Hiding From Me. + (pic) / 11 Pictures Of Nigerian Girls Exposing Themselves / Share Your Worst Date Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.