Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Would You Marry Your Age Mate? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (19756 Views)

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ololakenny: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2007
It is not a bad idea. A good partner is in the mind not in the age.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Mystique(f): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2007
Yeah, afterall, age is really nothing but a number. . .  kiss
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by medaura(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2007
my gal is one year younger but she looks older than me, i dont mind cos she's a wife material so am gonna marry her.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Luti(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2007
i don't see any reason why u cannot marry your age mate. u can even marry an older person if u can be firm and be in control of affairs of ur home.  shocked
Moreso,, age is not a function of maturity. I believe with Love, Tolerance and understanding u will enjoy your marriage.
Most importantly, if the two parties involved have the fear God in them, the y will have a blissful marital life.

Cheers!!!!
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by husu(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2007
Age mate does not exactly mean the same age,but it lies b/w a particular group of age.say like 0-4.so there is nothing wrong in marring ure agemate.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Bblak(f): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
why not?

cecegorz:

Hey dudes, i've discovered that 'time-set' (age) is not always equivalent to 'mind-set' (maturity).
because u're 5yrs older than your wife does not necessarily mean u're wiser. The bottom line i believe, is love and mutual respect. if u got those 2 folks, u got everything, even if u're decades apart(either way).

can't agree wt u less  lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Ebonyj(f): 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2007
It depends on how mature the person is. Some people are quite mature for their age while some are just totally childish. My parents are exactly the same age,although my mum looks and acts a lot younger though.

And by the way my other half is 3 years older but a lot more mature.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by okoomoge2(m): 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2007
From exp oooo, Age in marriage no be the real issue. The vision of both parties is the most important thing.
if a lady is say 3yrs max older than I am and she is got a beautiful heart and knows that by Gods order I am the head of the relationship, man I would marry her for real.
The main thing is mutual understanding,similar vision of what a marriage should look like, common goals about life(career,religion,finance, human relationship) and the spirit of forgiveness,passion for success and other important stuffs.
it could be a younger lady or a older lady that would have the right quality your chemistry needs to have a blissful marriage.
Age is a detour from the real pointers for happy marriage. if a lady is well brought up she knows she must give you your due respect as her man. this goes to say a younger lady might even disrespect u despite the age difference and your mate might even say rubbish to your face and a older lady can even play a big sister role of wanting to dominate.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by diyobdw(f): 1:51pm On Oct 26, 2007
I think it okay, even if the person is 2yrs younger but really it not about the age for me. The maturity and sense of responsibility is a better consideration in that aspect

But for real am shocked at the response out here i tot alot of ladies prefer older men- good to know cheesy
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Aiphie(f): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2007
Age is but a number no doubt. But pour moi, when we're talking marriage, I would marry sm1 between five to ten years my senior. No more, no less I pray. cool grin

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
I seee. . . . so many unmarried folks in the house wink grin. just kidding, lol

@topic
It depends on maturity and love! and I think age shouldn't be a barrier to attaining one's fulfilment in life. If God approves of it, then why bother about age?? my view
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by tayo4me(f): 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2007
@poster: I can marry my age mate if there is understanding btw us

@Seun: I can't marry a younger guy oh! he might develop unnecessary complex
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ArchAngel2: 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2007
i sure will, cos there will be no age discrimination and age insecurity grin
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by sbm4real(m): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2007
Guys, why are you all scared of marrying your age mates or even older ladies? It is simply because a lot of men are insecured in themselves and they derive security in the feeling that they are older than their wives. If you check out very well, men who marry ladies who are older than them dont have problems in marriage 75% of the time. All that I have known had no problems.

I think this age thing is relative. because you marry a younger lady doesnt mean she wont disrespect you o! The koko is the love and understanding. For a lady to marry a younger guy, she has swallowed her pride and she wont likely bring it out again.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Bblak(f): 3:12pm On Oct 26, 2007
No big deal.

In as much as dere's Maturity, understanding , true love and mutual respect.Age is just a number Maturity counts
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by oldjames: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2007
i still believe there;s is notin wrong with it.Since we both love each other.i guess age is all about numbers.wht really matters is love and understanding.

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by chinne1(f): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2007
I cant marry a man my age, I will always under estimate him.

I like a man much more older than I am, besides older are more caring, loves and pampers you more,

they cherish and respect you, always ask for your opinion whenever anything happens even if you dont have any thing to contribute

They mostly address you like their mother and always want you to feel loved.

I once date a guy five years older than I am, do you know what? we always lived like cat and rat, he always feels like the BOSS and that pisses me off, since then I vowed to date one actually eight to ten years older than I am, since then; no regret.
Quite better than all these chewing gum boys , Looooool

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by labiyemmy(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2007
na wa o - what has age got to do with marriage?

someone said she will underestimate her husband if he is the same age with her.

hmmm - characteristically Nigerian.

Is age a requirement for a good marriage in the Bible or Quaran?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by danex(m): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2007
i dont hav a problem with it. NOT AT ALL! We are talking about marrying ur friend here - FOR LOVE. All these other things are secondary factors.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ibis: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2007
@ topic

where did we all get this notion that we have to marry an older man or younger woman?

its just stereotype being passed down with no valid reasons for it!

following the stereotype does not ensure success.

girls will find a decent guy and the issue they will raise is that they are the same age! imagine!!

have u not seen older men who are yet to get their act right or who will mis-treat you?
for the guys, that smallie will still become old one day. also pray she is matured enough not only to share but
to also contribute to your goals. ie for eg if u had a million naira encourage you to invest it, not a childish mind that will 1st think about spending it on herself.

@mishoo, i feel u joo. me and my hubby are same age! we are cool 4 yrs down the line, we understand each other. same generation.

pls lets drop stereotypes and follow our hearts!!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Tawak: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2007
y nt if nt
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by habibi777(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2007
marry ur age mate is not a big deal
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Lauradee01: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2007
I can marry my agemate if we are both in our 30s.Being 27,its not really wise to marry my agemate because a 27yrs old woman is definitely more matured than a 27 yrs old man.So the older the intending young couple,the better.Abi what do y`all think?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by cecipopula(f): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2007
i can't marry my age mate, i would like him to be older than me. so tht the respect will last.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by amaikama(m): 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2007
Seun! i think it high time we have a forum where it can dictate lies from nairalanders most especially from the men. No man or woman in this life, age and modern time would want to marry his mate excerpt he or she has a hidden agenda. At this modern age where a man or woman would want to be seeing with their spouse as lovers not even wife again. a man says he wouldn't mind marrying his mate!!! angry Tell me, who wouldn't go for Omotola, the Nollywood actress even when she has downloaded three kids for the husband? She is still looking more beautiful than ever.? angry I tell you the truth, if she come to nairaland looking for some flings, allot of you would jump at it, that for the single and not forgetting the married ones when their wife got to know that Omobaby is in nairaland with their husband. You don't need cupid to tell you what would be the outcome. kiss

Marry a woman that after giving birth to any number of kids you think is enough she is still looking radiant in your eyes, breathtaking to the outside world where when you walk with her, eyes will turn to make comment not a wife after downloading just one, she became mama akpaty angry you find it difficult to walk with her thinking people will be asking, oh hi "NAIRALANDERS"is this your mother?

My advice. Please marry a woman younger than you when she start answering the call of family nature, she will still be the woman you saw when you are courting her. AND for the women, marry a man older than you for more wisdom and sense of direction. kiss smiley wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by angelchi(f): 7:15pm On Oct 26, 2007
No. grin
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by slimmy24(f): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2007
y cant i marry a man my age,

abeg im all for love jo,
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Comfort86(f): 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2007
my ex is 17yrs older than me. i'm 21, he's 38. we were planning on getting married after i finish medical school and he finishes law school. things just took the wrong turn in our relationship this year. but anyway, i actually have a phobia of dating guys that are around my age.  i just feel unsafe in their arms and i feel that i cannot entrust my heart to them.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by theboy0808(m): 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2007
grin Why not if not eh!  grin
Love cuts across race, tribe, language, colour, etc, age, and [b]even sex[/b] for some people grin (i.e. gays and less busies [lesbos] )
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Babybee(f): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2007
I will, if i love him.

As long as he is not younger.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by babadee(m): 12:15am On Oct 27, 2007
Sure!!! if there's love.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by knzguru(m): 2:43am On Oct 27, 2007
Not likely.

Girls my age wld already have formed habits that are nearly impossible to change and i believe most naija babes would find it difficult to be influenced by guys their age.

However love does mess up principles and philosophies don't it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Date Ever / Attitude Of Girls When Is Their First Time Having Sex With A New Boyfriend (18+) / 11 Pictures Of Nigerian Girls Exposing Themselves

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.