Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Would You Marry Your Age Mate? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (19748 Views)

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by gentledove(f): 2:15pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ poster,

why not? the only person i cannot marry is someone who is five years and above older than me. i have no reasons anyway. just that i cant. but my age mate, i cannnnnnnnnn cheesy wink
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by whitelexi(m): 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2008
gentledove:

@ poster,

why not? the only person i cannot marry is someone who is five years and above older than me. i have no reasons anyway. just that i can't. but my age mate, i cannnnnnnnnn cheesy wink

Cant marry anyone less than 5yrs younger than me. Dont have any reason, just cant do that cool
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by annboga(f): 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2008
I cannot try that for any reason whatsoever, safe.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Prinston: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2008
There is a high tendency that i wont respect, I am in a beautiful relationship with a guy whose 3 years older than i and though we have our clashes something I still love and respect him cos when i look at him, I see a young and matured man. Well my opinion anyway undecided I cant[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] DATE a guy younger than myself. him no go like me at all tongue
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by hadiza30(f): 3:43pm On Jul 22, 2008
No i won't cuz i think we just would not blend. I'm sure i will not respect him( lol) or maybe he won't be able to treat me like a baby( being a baby himself)

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Aladunni(f): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2008
no i wont
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:27pm On Jul 22, 2008
First i don't see any big deal with marrying your age mate. or is it a crime again? undecided
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Udyro(f): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2008
i will marry my age mate. gone are the days when one will be married off to someone 10 to 15 years older than you. Love is all that matters!
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by HCH3COO: 5:17pm On Jul 22, 2008
Udyro:

i will marry my age mate. gone are the days when one will be married off to someone 10 to 15 years older than you. Love is all that matters!
that's right baby! i don't need money or cars when I've got you.

lmao grin
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by mekaboy(m): 1:58am On Jul 23, 2008
for a woman to marry a man her age, there is nothing wrong, but for a man to marry a woman his age, she will grow older faster, what will u do then? marry another?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Gabry(f): 3:01am On Jul 23, 2008
Marry  my age mate? WHy not? Is it a crime?

Why do some people like to make a big issue out of something and make life complicated
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by simplysmat(m): 11:32am On Mar 10, 2009
Me I prefer older girls. They're more mature mentally. Age mates aren't so bad but as far as I'm concerned younger girls are just not worth a dime sh**.(almost let that one out)
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Affeni(m): 12:10pm On Mar 10, 2009
its th elove that matters. Age is just 1234567890 just numbers.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by minniepoe(f): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ poster

You have said it all LOVE is the keyword. Once there is love then it begets all things. Well, i do not know about marrying someone much younger for a female but i don't see anything wrong in marrying your age mates.
social studies classified age mate as 0-3 years. lol!
i can marry my agemate, or someone a year older than myself. some people may say the female counterpart will not respect her spouse but like i said when you claim to love someone then you will definitely respect him or her.
someone also made mention of the female ageing faster than the male. i don't agree with that, when a female takes good care of herself she will definitely look young and pretty.

Age to me is a matter of mind, it is when you mind that it matters

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by carnal: 11:50am On Mar 11, 2009
LOVE is the main issue here and where there is love,all things are conquered.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Ben13: 11:58am On Mar 11, 2009
Carnal said it all tongue
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by onyke34: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2009
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by soulamanne(m): 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2009
marry?am 25 can she wait till am 33 and she is too?no way ofcus.so i will prefer someone youger say 22.but hey if u afre datin,try not a teen!they will frustrate u cos they know notin.my gf is 19 so i know what am sayin.if not love watitin,i for don run tete.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by bhumeeus: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2009
My best friend's mum is 2 days older than her dad, My friend's gonna be 27 this year and married and her parents are still very happily married.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by shilees(f): 7:24pm On Mar 11, 2009
Marriage is not age, is maturity
marriage requires tolerance and endurance
some people can b old but not matured.
i will marry someone I can tolerate,
someone I love and respect
whether he's ma age mate or not.
when u start creating barriers u start limiting urself
it makes ppl pretend to b who they are not.

I dated a guy that's five years older than i am but we were not compatible
he's a baby @ heart
my boyfriend is just some days older than i am and we've been 2gether 4 two years
and we are happy 2gether.

use ur head and know wat u really want b4 u say I DO.
wink
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by oluwafemi113(m): 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2009
there is noting bad in that
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Smi1(m): 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2010
Age is just a number so my point is very clear age doesn't matter in a relationship also i'm against under age relatonship " from 18 is still ok "
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ifihearam: 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2010
Hey peeps,let me quickly clear the air before telling u all my opinion.The reason why men prefer to marry girls younger than them is perhaps looking up to when they grow old and thier wife would stil be young and attractive unlike marrying a woman older or of the same age with you,which means you both grow old at exactly the same time.

My opinion here is that i really cannot marry a woman of the same age with me cos i feel she wont respect me,afterall, we are age mates and the norl respect would not be there compared to a girl that is 7 or 8years younger than you

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 28, 2010
I must ask, what does "age mate" mean? Does it mean within the same age bracket, or exactly the same age?

I've never really been clear on this.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2010
I think Nigerians in general place too much emphasis on the "age" thing.

Whilst I'm not saying a woman should marry a guy who's 15 years older than herself, a 5 - 10 year gap isn't really a huge gap. In most cases, a 35-year-old woman married to a 44-year-old man will generally look a similar age to her hubby. Women mature a fair bit faster than men, both physically and mentally. If the gap's too small, there may be a tendency for a woman to look older than her husband, not a good look!

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ceasyc(f): 5:56am On Oct 10, 2010
@topic - yes oh, y not? 4 get mata jo = age aint nutin but a number. i go even marry person wey i snr sef grin grin grin
not underaged tho. hehe
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by JewElan(f): 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2010
Age ain't nothing but a number! And i actually prefer guys within my age bracket, Dated an older guy once and when we had a misunderstanding he said i had no right to talk back cuz i'm his younger sister's age mate, We broke up 2 weeks after that,
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by liberty27(m): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2011
Having someone in the same generation, mature and supportive is not exactly a question of age. Your age-mate might be all u need (understanding, supportive, attractive and loving) while a much younger lady might just be insultive, disrespectful and unsupportive. An older man might not just be as mature as a younger man. I beleive you go with what u really want in your partner and forget about the numbers (+ or - 3 years; still in same generation). Some of our parents with 10 to 17 years age difference live in different generations and have resigned to fate, others have it working really nice. Stick more to the values, maturity, attraction, compatibility and GENERATION, and less to the numbers. Younger ladies could as well be damn insultive if they are.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by emofine(f): 5:45pm On Sep 07, 2011
No, I would not marry my age mate. I would prefer if my partner had a 15 - 20 year interval. There is a lot to learn from elders. . .
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by row2ray(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2011
i would marry my age mate anytime anyday
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by victorian(f): 12:14am On Apr 08, 2012
Definitely i will.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Jamara40: 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2013
I ll marry mi agemate.... Mi fiancee is 28 n i am 28 also wia abt to gt marid? Pls is deir anitin Rong in dat?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Comfortable Are You Dating A Guy Of So Many Sisters / After 4 Yrs Together, I Discovered Wat My GF Has Been Hiding From Me. + (pic) / Share Your Worst Date Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.