Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Would You Marry Your Age Mate? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (19776 Views)

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by nikkylolly(f): 3:25am On Oct 27, 2007
Of course. I don't wanna marry sum1 a lot older than i am. I do agree with the age is just a number thing but for me it's got limit (not sum1 as old as my father) grin
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by frankthom: 3:57am On Oct 27, 2007
Do you have to marry your choice? you marry God's choice. age does not fulfill destiny, wats fulfill the destiny is wat God gives to you, but God will not force you, once he gives to you and u say no, the bible say death and life are in the power of the tongue, so its a choice to reject wat God his given. but remember there is a way that seemeth rit for a man but the end thereof is destruction. so be smart to take Gods Choice. God Bless you
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Shalwz(f): 4:44am On Oct 27, 2007
Nothing wrong with that if you both respect, love and trust each other. Don't marry someone older or younger than you that you cannot respect. I am affianced to a sweet, adorable guy, who is practically my agemate (he's a year older than me). We've been friends and sweethearts for the past 9yrs and still going strong!
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by pmdaboh(f): 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2007
When you are younger, you believe age differences in a relationship or marriage is "super important", and we acquaint age with maturity--but we know that is not necessarily true. The American phrase, "There's no fool like an old fool", which has been around for some time holds true as well. Just because someone is young, does not mean they are not mature, and because someone is older does not mean they are mature. I say judge whether a person is mature or not on an INDIVIDUAL BASIS, for you may miss out on your "soul mate" simply because you are not open to being with a younger person or older person.

In America, there are many relationships and marriages that have a great age difference (older woman and younger man / and older man and younger woman). Here it is no BIG deal.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by hobgoblin1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2007
I don't think I would want to marry an older woman.

Infact, I wake up in the morning and pray I don't fall in love with an older woman. And my reason is Simply. I wouldn't want to be tempted to scratch the 'seven-year itch' because my wife now looks like my aunt.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by pmdaboh(f): 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2007

Every older woman does not look old, and every young person does not look young. It depends on their environment, ease or hardship of life, and how they take care of themselves (exercise, eating healthy, etc).
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by hobgoblin1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2007
Yeap, very true but rather play safe

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2007
Yes I will marry my age mate, and off course am actually marrying him kiss kiss, but to be real, age has nothing to do with marriage, I’ve been reading this thread for quite a while now but haven't got the patience to post my comment[b].”Someone stated she can't date her age mate who are 4-5years older than she is because she feels they aren't compatible together hmmmmmmm so she has decided dating someone 10-yrs older than she is because they are well mature undecided undecided”[/b],I will disagree with that because age has nothing to do maturity, have seen men that are 31 and over, but has the mentality of a 21yrs guy, and have seen some younger guys that are well mature, in fact you would be surprise when they tell you their age, even from speaking you can easily tell they got some wisdom.

I view older men has controlling, I don't need a man that want to act like my father instead of husband, later down the line after you have gotten married, he want you to start calling him Sir, going on your knees to serve him food or anything, calling him daddy, rubbish chei chie someone have lost their dignity and respect, and plz am speaking from experience, in fact I walked out of those family that I witnessed the situation, I got home and I asked myself is this what some women go through because they want to marry a man 8-10yrs older than them

As for me, I will marry my age mate but that doesn't mean I won't give and show him the respect he deserves, but no man in this world will ever control or dictate to me or walk over like a piece of garbage , lai lia.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by chiegemba(f): 12:50am On Oct 28, 2007
personal opinion "age doesnt matter" older, younger, same age etc as long as "God" is made d foundation of the marriage it would work. marriages dat d spouse is 5-10yrs older has failed and still has d tendency of failing wink smiley
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by nicegirl02(f): 2:05am On Oct 28, 2007
Yes, I would. I don't understand what the big deal is. As long as you are in love and God is in the midst, age should not matter. Just my opinion, though.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by nicegirl02(f): 2:08am On Oct 28, 2007
Yes, I would. I don't understand what the big deal is. As long as you are in love and God is in the midst, age should not matter. Just my opinion, though.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by nicegirl02(f): 2:13am On Oct 28, 2007
Sorry about the double post. My pc was acting funny. undecided
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by jossy28: 3:31am On Oct 28, 2007
hello dear how are u doing today i want u to know that i need a lady here,and u can contact me with this number 08026186573 or email at jossymosally@yahoo.com to hook up soon with u.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by MP007(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2007
yes so,
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by U1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2007
[url]nairaland.com
Yes,of course
[/url]
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Saipro(m): 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2007
Age is a matter of the mind - if you don't mind, it dowsn't matter . . . .
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by safoly(m): 6:44pm On Oct 29, 2007
I think the most important thing in any relationship is LOVE. Love is all that matters. Lets leave age all alone. What if you marry a girl who is younger than you and doesnt give you all the respect, love and care you need, then that marriage is bound to crumble. I think i would like to marry a mature lady of my age. Its not a sin but as i have said before love is all that matters. Understanding is all that matters.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by sylvao2000(m): 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2007
@poster ----- NEVER
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by FactorChic(f): 7:36pm On Oct 29, 2007
uhmm NO!
agewise, girls are smarter than d guys, if u want to know what I mean, contact me I go help u do research b4 una begin attack me, a 21 yr old lady and a 25 yr old guy to me be d same age, cos dem go think alike, again, go do research to know what I'm talking about,
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by vescucci(m): 9:13am On Oct 30, 2007
Of course. Age is immaterial to me as long I love the person in question. Now the real question is can I fall for someone way older or younger than I am? I don't think so. Funnily I've always been attracted to gurls a little ways older than I am. They're usually deeper. And smarter too.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by jkpretty(f): 9:20am On Oct 30, 2007
I could, but preferably not
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by sugarbabe(f): 11:11am On Oct 30, 2007
i find this age thing amusin. wat if the guy finds out u,re older than him and then lies about his age then u guys end up gettin married, wat will u do? kill urself? these days age is no longer an issue.wat really matters is love,maturity and understanding. i am married to a man that am older than and with each passing day, i,ve nevr had any cause 4 regrets.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by dumi(f): 11:17am On Oct 30, 2007
smiley coolit is notin,a woman can do it just to answer a man's name and a man can do it just to find a companion and helper.'depends'
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ibrahiem(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2007
infact,i already have this chic who is older than myself with a year and several months but da thing is that i love her and she lookz younger than myself.
do u guys mean i should ball out juzt b/cus she is older.
pleazzzzzzzzzze,guys this years are just numerical figures,besides i say what is to b done and she listens.what more can i hope 4. cool
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by olagboye(m): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2007
age is nothing but a number. why not?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by slimmy24(f): 2:26pm On Oct 30, 2007
its not all d tym dat age is nuthing but a no, imagine a 24yr old girl and a 38yr old man,

isnt dat too much,

or wat do u think?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by diyobdw(f): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2007
there r people married with wider range ! but not me i
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by lordmassac(m): 5:00pm On Oct 30, 2007
yes now
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Comfort86(f): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2007
No, I do not think that is too much.  Each individual has his or her preference; and there is always a reason behind it.  I, for one, prefer older men to younger ones.  That is not to say if I meet a younger man that meets the criteria, I will refuse him on the basis of his years.

Age does not equate to the level of wisdom one possesses.  

Sorry to say, but age, really, is just a number in the domain of love.  wink

I believe if we stay in sync with God's plans for our lives, we can't go wrong on choosing life partners. Isn't that what it all boils down to, anyway?
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by soladnet(m): 10:41am On Nov 01, 2007
FactorChic:

uhmm NO!
agewise, girls are smarter than d guys, if u want to know what I mean, contact me I go help u do research before una begin attack me, a 21 yr old lady and a 25 yr old guy to me be d same age, because them go think alike, again, go do research to know what I'm talking about,

Y not!!!

I can even marry a woman older than me! e dey happen.
well, its all about LOVE and Understanding. if u care then u r missing out dude!
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by tolajones: 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2007
i can marry my age mate but it depends.God knows better.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by suze(f): 12:03am On Nov 03, 2007
To all da ladies who talk say dem no fit marry their agemate, wait till dem reach 35 and dem no still dey married.You would long for your agemate.

Age has nothing to do with maturity and achievement. I know a 22year old girl whos my sisters friend dating a 23yr old guy. This is d first time shes dating her mate but she says the guy is so matured and has even acheived more than what some thirty something year olds have not achieved.

he has a BSc and masters Degree, and he has a very well paying job in oneof d best companies here in nigeria. She says hes so caring and matured and he spoils her silly.

D thing is that in Nigeria most twenty something year old guys have not even found their feet on d ground to start dating a twety something yerar old girl who has started thinking of d future and marriage.after the guy don do jamb 3 timewsw, he go don old before he entr uni, by d time he graduate after strikes, he don reach 25, he do NYSC , then he sstart to look for work.By d time he starts d first job,hes 28.

If you carry out a survey, you'll find out that its most twenty something year old girls that say they cant marry their mates. The young teenagers or ladies in their thirties wont say so

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher (18+) / When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? / Share Your Worst Date Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.