Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Would You Marry Your Age Mate? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (19769 Views)

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Don’t Marry Your Boyfriend If He Does These 4 Things / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by adaudeze: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2007
I believe that everthing is based on maturity. Provided  that both of them can handle their marriage,i don't  think that there's anything wrong with someone marrying his/her age mate.the most important things is love coupled with respect and understanding after all age is not written on the forehead or IS IT? cool
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by djcrucifix(m): 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2007
wetin dey there? i don't see anything wrong in marrying your age mate, as long as there is love, respect an understanding, you can fire all cylinders grin
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by israelite(m): 2:02pm On Nov 03, 2007
Ifact i can date a girl older than me at most 3yrs, i dont ve a galfriend but i got a ladyfriend

older than me.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by gbokukueba(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2007
Its entirely up to you. From a personal experience i am in a courtship that by the Grace of God will end up in marriage next year. My partner happen to be 3 days older than i am. For the first 3 years in the relationship i made up my mind that i can't marry her but when i listened to the story of Sam and Nike Adeyemi last year, i had a rethink. This person is the most understanding person i have ever met, our chemistry so so tight that we think alike. I have tried a relationship with a younger person, i couldn't cope with unnecessary demands, no initiative(apologies) and too dependent.
To me, this person is God's gift to my life and i will keep her precious. cool
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by toyboy1(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2007
I can marry my age mate, or an older lady.
Seriously speaking, before now, all i dated are older gals, cos i find them easy to relate to and have meaningful conversations with.
My ex-galfriend was almost 2 yrs older, she chickened out of the relationship anyway.
Tho am dating a far younger gal whom I hope to marry, if she were to be an older lady, no qualms as long as we cherish each other so much.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by shark2last(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2007
of course,I can marry my agemate even an older girl will do for me provided she is sweet.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2007
yes oh, even one or two years older isn't off my radar as long as we dig each other smiley wink
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by dumie(f): 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2007
why not if the guy is matured enough, age is nothing but a number.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by mekoyo(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2007
Love matters in this case. God's will you know
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by achitext(m): 10:35am On Nov 11, 2007
Hi,
I can't understand the reason why some men are saying that, they can marry some body (Girl) who is of the age with them. for me it is imppossible. Before a proposed to a Girl at a first place, I must ascertain first the true age of the girl. Is good for a Man to marry a Woman @ least 5-6 years older than.
Cj.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ariblaze(m): 6:03am On Nov 12, 2007
on man's milk ,

my parents in a generation

when it was virtually unheard of married as agemates

so,

whats the big deal ?

can marry someone my age n older

but not more than 3years younger
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Darola(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2007
If i love her enough, God approves of her and she respects me well enough i dont see why not
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ilemobade(f): 5:55pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Ralvy
why not, if there is love cool
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ilemobade(f): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Israelite
You may marry your age mate, that not problem.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ilemobade(f): 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2007
It all about LOVE

Please i have to go now
See you
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by engrsegs: 7:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
marriage is about love so if there is love i will do marry are forget age palava
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2007
I WOULD MARRY MY AGE-MATE, PROVIDED SHE IS WELL-MANNERED AND NOT GREEDY,
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Tonyblu(m): 5:26pm On Mar 09, 2008
Age mate?
Sure why not!

The important aspect is respect in the relationship/marriage.

And of course, LOVE.

Cheers.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ly1: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2008
I seem to be the only one saying i cannot marry my age mate because marriage entails respect and understanding and if i will not be able to respect my age mate then i think there is no need marrying him in th first place.I have to marry a man i know i will be able to love, respect and understand above all things.i talk based on me as an individual,knowing fully what i am capable of,i will rather prefer an older man.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2008
as a woman i can never marry a guy dat 's d same age wt me,they will be no respect oooo,i never respect person wey use 5 years senior me finish,na to come dey respect ma age mate,infact na d guy go respect me
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2008
urrrgh, dont mind i guess undecided would be better if he was older though
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by bestcomm(m): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2008
Why is it that you guys are never satisfied.if your not okay with her then make your choice but to me that doesn`t matter any thing to me.If she is of the same age with me no big deal.Please try and reason with your head and not with your eyes.Think about what you guys has shared together though she told you lie but have to be forgiven if really you love her. after all you just discovered that.
When you saw her in the first place before you approached her why didn`t you figure out her age at the first place and not when you have stayed with her for years now you want to leave her simply because she is of the same age with you.

The only thing i would say is that it possible if there is understanding between both partners.

Please Guy Think OOOOOOOOO
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Emeka72(m): 5:02pm On Apr 04, 2008
as for me I can't because marriage is an investment a life time affair but temporarily before marriage I will prefer more matured ladies because matured ladies are more experienced. but when it comes to marriage most guys will prefer babes at least ten years younger because women grow older easily than men.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Emeka72(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2008
many men marry younger mate for future or investment purposes ie so that thier ladies will not easily outgrow them.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Imani(f): 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2008
Emeka 7.:

as for me I can't because marriage is an investment a life time affair but temporarily before marriage I will prefer more matured ladies because matured ladies are more experienced. but when it comes to marriage most guys will prefer babes at least ten years younger because women grow older easily than men.

What kind of reasoning is this. Most men "outgrow" their women as they are fending for the family, and "working hard". The woman too works but in a different way. If a couple look after themselves physically, emotionally, healthwise, etc they will grow old together and beautifully. The reverse is also the case. If paying rent and other bills, is a struggle, no chop money and other basic amenities, no amount to age difference will stop either party from looking older than they are due to the stresses of life.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by pahtahkee: 10:56pm On Apr 04, 2008
@ Topic,
Yeah sure I can.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Ajebota(f): 9:32pm On Apr 07, 2008
Anything about the dude being older makes d woman respect him more is b*ll. I am a witness 2 this! Respect is borne out of love and maturity not age. complete b*ll,
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by ztyle(m): 9:43pm On Apr 07, 2008
You're right kitty, As 4 my Age mate is complicated!
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by Cadet(f): 12:27am On Apr 08, 2008
No
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by tRoOE(f): 2:04am On Apr 08, 2008
Yes I will

Age is nothing but a #, what matters is how mature he/she is.

My Fiance is a yr younger than I am, but he acts much older than his age, lol I call him an old egg(inside joke)
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by bluehorizo(m): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2008
She is a yr older. NO BIG DEAL.
Re: Would You Marry Your Age Mate? by tulk2mi: 1:13pm On Apr 11, 2008
u r damn rite i would even older, if every other thing is as it should be or suppose to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria; States With The Highest Gay Population By Google Index. / 3 Friends Flaunt Their Engagement Rings / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.