Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,916 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes (156722 Views)

Affordable Homes At Porsche Terraces And Apartments, For Sale in Abuja / Fgn 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme / The Roll Out Of 10,000 Affordable Homes Scheme Live On NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2012
my men are still doing what they know best, we are waiting to make this roof change colour, like the duplex you will see next.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2012
Do you guys still remember this duplex, we did this structure last year and the roofing is also completed, waiting for ceiling. from that level we will enter the plastering, flooring, POP grin and tiling works.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:21pm On Apr 01, 2012
You can find more about the real construction and all the happenings in one of my threads titled ''The building of a 5 bedroom executive duplex in Enugu''

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:23pm On Apr 01, 2012
more

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Apr 01, 2012
more from the front

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:34pm On Apr 01, 2012
We are moving into Owerri with full force tomorrow, there are more than 15 of my boys ready to go over there and prove their mettle but I don't have a big vehicle to contain all of them. I will be moving them in batches, starting from the guys that will do the excavation, the iron bender and the brick layer. Later on more will join us over there.

Our target in Owerri will be to cover these 2 stages in 14-15 days;
we intend to do the foundation and the German floor in one week,
then we do the block laying and the lintels will be done in one week and one day.

Me and my engineers will be making sure we do not sacrifice quality and safety at the alter of speed. Watch us as from tomorrow for more updates from all the sites.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2012
egin: @spyder
The tank stand looks really nice. How much did it cost to make that tank stand and how many feet into the ground to make it safe for a stand of that height? You have made this thread to be the most valuable resource on Nairaland

Thank you egin,
I was not the guy that constructed that tank stand so I will not know how much money was charged, but I think it will be around 20-24 foot high. I didn't also see the depth into the ground, but soils differ, and a competent professional should advice on the depth and concrete mixture/thickness after considering the load bearing capacity of the soil.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2012
jerryben12:

Thank you Spyder. What size of iron are you using for the suckaway (12mm or 16mm)? I mean to do the cover/slab. How many of this iron are you estimating? Also, how many bags of cement, cost of labor etc?

I will use 12mm to cast the deck of the sewage tank, this tank will not carry any load like cars parking on top or around it etc. The location of the tank is at the back of the house so it is safe where it is. I have not counted the rods it will consume, or the cement but this guys are charging me 40k to do all the labour works in the pit, this includes

blinding the floor with thick concrete
all the block setting in the pit
plastering the walls of the pit
carpentry works for the center beam, pillars and the decking
iron bender works for the center beam, pillars and the decking
casting the concrete in the beam, pillars and decking

This 40k excludes materials costs and the digging costs, I think it will take me about 150k for this soak away pit alone, but as the late Otunba Gaddafi will say, Poo business na serious business grin cheesy grin
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2012
CORE: Pls am interested. what's ur contact.

You can always reach Spyder880 on his mobile line +2348033350750
or his private mailbox, ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by jerryben12: 3:23am On Apr 02, 2012
spyder880:

I will use 12mm to cast the deck of the sewage tank, this tank will not carry any load like cars parking on top or around it etc. The location of the tank is at the back of the house so it is safe where it is. I have not counted the rods it will consume, or the cement but this guys are charging me 40k to do all the labour works in the pit, this includes

blinding the floor with thick concrete
all the block setting in the pit
plastering the walls of the pit
carpentry works for the center beam, pillars and the decking
iron bender works for the center beam, pillars and the decking
casting the concrete in the beam, pillars and decking

This 40k excludes materials costs and the digging costs, I think it will take me about 150k for this soak away pit alone, but as the late Otunba Gaddafi will say, Poo business na serious business grin cheesy grin

Good analysis. This is nice bro.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by egin(m): 5:10am On Apr 02, 2012
spyder880:

Thank you egin,
I was not the guy that constructed that tank stand so I will not know how much money was charged, but I think it will be around 20-24 foot high. I didn't also see the depth into the ground, but soils differ, and a competent professional should advice on the depth and concrete mixture/thickness after considering the load bearing capacity of the soil.

Thanks. Have you done one like this before? Do you have an idea of the price range for tank stand?
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 5:26am On Apr 02, 2012
egin:

Thanks. Have you done one like this before? Do you have an idea of the price range for tank stand?

We last did a tank stand like 10 years ago, cant remember much.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by egin(m): 11:03am On Apr 02, 2012
spyder880:

We last did a tank stand like 10 years ago, cant remember much.
Thanks
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
We are still working in Owerri, am still shifting materials to site. I have marked out the diging zone and my boys are still excavating, we are going to conclude everything with the digging by tomorrow. thereafter we are blinding the foundation while standing the pillars by thursday.

I bought cement, rods and wood today, am still expecting 2 trucks of granite to be shipped in from Lokpaukwu, by tomorrow am going to throw in the sharp sand, I have space constraints so am going to be bringing the materials in bits.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2012
Just arrived from Owerri a few minutes ago and am still settling down with my family. more pictures of work progress later tonight.
Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2012
As soon as we landed at site, we set up camp and immediately started the setting out process in the next hour.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2012
......and all the necessary measurements were adhered to

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Apr 04, 2012
and after the setting out of the dig area according to plan, I went in search of granite chippings to be supplied, this first trip is the 3/4 type.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Apr 04, 2012
the type no4

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Apr 04, 2012
type no 5

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Apr 04, 2012
Then I bought some rods, the ones I later paid for is not this pictured type, I bought universal steel products.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:29pm On Apr 04, 2012
I also paid for cement and got it loaded to a truck, together with rods and wood.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Apr 04, 2012
more cement loaded and ready to go

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
and when I came back to site, the boys were working according to plan.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
more digging going on even as cement was being offloaded

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
more

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by ckenneths(m): 11:35pm On Apr 04, 2012
As soon as I posted the last picture, my spyder880 username was banned, I am using this medium to appeal to the moderator to please unban my ''spyder880'' user name.

Back to the topic.

I was showing a picture of where I went and inspected the quality of sand in an excavation site and I was saying that this type of sand is cheap (9000, as against the dredged sand which has more quality but expensive, (18,000) I will go out and buy the sand for 18000. My client wants quality and that is what I will give him.

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by ckenneths(m): 11:37pm On Apr 04, 2012
more pictures from the site

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by ckenneths(m): 11:39pm On Apr 04, 2012
more still

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by ckenneths(m): 11:41pm On Apr 04, 2012
looks very dangerous, what if this top sand comes crashing down undecided

Re: Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes by ckenneths(m): 11:43pm On Apr 04, 2012
more foundation work

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin-city. / How To Calculate Hardwood Needed For Your House Roofing / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.