Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? (12263 Views)

Jesus Is God Almighty......question Me / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / What Is The Name Of God Almighty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ckkris: 8:45am On Jun 09, 2012
Ijawkid,
The Apostles baptised in THE NAME OF JESUS, Acts 8:16;19:5, which is the same as THE NAME of The Father. The Son, and The Holy Spirit, as commanded in Matthew 28:19. Now, if you believe what the apostles believed, you'll understand. If you mix Judaism and Christianity, old wine and new, or NEW WINE in old bag, you'll argue extraneously, making fruitless attempts to make THE WORD OF GOD of no effect.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 8:55am On Jun 09, 2012
ckkris: Ijawkid,
The Apostles baptised in THE NAME OF JESUS, Acts 8:16;19:5, which is the same as THE NAME of The Father. The Son, and The Holy Spirit, as commanded in Matthew 28:19. Now, if you believe what the apostles believed, you'll understand. If you mix Judaism and Christianity, old wine and new, or NEW WINE in old bag, you'll argue extraneously, making fruitless attempts to make THE WORD OF GOD of no effect.

Oboy have I not been quotin frm d new testament??
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ckkris: 9:18am On Jun 09, 2012
Ijawkid,
The IMPLICATION of saying that Jesus, Jason, Joshua, or, more Hebraically Jehoshua, is YAHWEH is the normal persecution that Jews have historically launched against THE CHURCH, from the murder of Stephen. And THE CHURCH has always prevailed, against Islam, the Inquisition by The Catholic Church, the distortions vigorously propagated Jehovah's Witnesses, the false old testament sacrifices of Sabbath movement, secret societies, Adolf Hitler, atheists Communist Joseph Stalin, etc. Quoting The New Testament, without believing that it is THE FULFILLMENT of The Old, promised in Jeremiah 31:31, is what caused The Jerusalem Council of Acts 15. JESUS IS LORD.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 11:07am On Jun 09, 2012
ckkris: Ijawkid,
The IMPLICATION of saying that Jesus, Jason, Joshua, or, more Hebraically Jehoshua, is YAHWEH is the normal persecution that Jews have historically launched against THE CHURCH, from the murder of Stephen. And THE CHURCH has always prevailed, against Islam, the XInquisition by The Catholic Church, the distortions vigorously propagated Jehovah's Witnesses, the false old testament sacrifices of Sabbath movement, secret societies, Adolf Hitler, atheists Communist Joseph Stalin, etc. Quoting The New Testament, without believing that it is THE FULFILLMENT of The Old, promised in Jeremiah 31:31, is what caused The Jerusalem Council of Acts 15. JESUS IS LORD.

So ur d 1 quoting d new testament with belief??..

If a Jahs witness says Yahweh is greater than Jesus how does that prove them false??

Need I remind u that d catholics who enforced d trinity dogma killed those who opposed it......
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ckkris: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
Trinity was in The Bible before the Catholic Church came about. Jesus commanded His disciples, in Matthew 28:19, to baptise new converts in The Name of The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not NAMES, but just one name that includes the THREE, or the Trinity that His enemies don't want to hear. So the disciples understood their mandate and simply baptised in the name of Lord Jesus, Acts 8:16;19:5. No amount of distortion can change this FACT. I have the original Greek Bible, so no one can now tell me it was Emperor Costantine or the Catholic Church. Let everyone reading this thread know The Truth, and be set free from these and other lies. Not everyone has access to the records of ancient history, but everyone has access to The Holy Bible. Enemies of The Messiah will always defeat themselves. JESUS IS LORD.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
ckkris: Trinity was in The Bible before the Catholic Church came about. Jesus commanded His disciples, in Matthew 28:19, to baptise new converts in The Name of The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not NAMES, but just one name that includes the THREE, or the Trinity that His enemies don't want to hear. So the disciples understood their mandate and simply baptised in the name of Lord Jesus, Acts 8:16;19:5. No amount of distortion can change this FACT. I have the original Greek Bible, so no one can now tell me it was Emperor Costantine or the Catholic Church. Let everyone reading this thread know The Truth, and be set free from these and other lies. Not everyone has access to the records of ancient history, but everyone has access to The Holy Bible. Enemies of The Messiah will always defeat themselves. JESUS IS LORD.

I don't wory about d name trinity constantine and his crew invented....

All I want u to acknowledge is that Yahweh is greater than Jesus..

Is that too hard to fathom??

Ur quotin matt 28:19 and many tins...

That don't change d fact that Jesus has a God and Father......

My issue is Jesus isn't Yahweh.........

Matthew 28:19 does nt tell us that Jesus is Yahweh.......

Oboy make I ask u this last question.....

Is Yahweh greater than Jesus?

Are unitarians wrong when they say Yahweh is greater than Jesus??

Was Jesus himself wrong when he said Yahweh is greater than him?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by MrAnony1(m): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
@Ijawkid Why are you so hung on whether Jehovah is greater than Jesus. God is one. The trinity are just persons of one being. Why are you so bent on drawing lines and creating hierarchies where there are none? Of what benefit is it?
Now to your question;

Oboy make I ask u this last question.....Is Yahweh greater than Jesus?

Here's your answer;

Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human! Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death—and the worst kind of death at that—a crucifixion. Philipians 2:5-8 (MSG)

I have responded to this thread earlier, you can look it up. Jesus is God almighty, The trinity is one and the same. God's grace.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 12:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
@ ijawkid I have a little time on my hands so I have a question for you..

What made you come to the conclusion that Yahweh is greater than jesus..I want to see how you understand the bible...
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2012
Youhesh: It will be better u read that passage of Rev 1 v 8 again. Jesus did not say he was the almighty, God Jehovah was the one who said so. Jesus himself said in John 14 v 28 that the father is greater than he is. Whn asked about the time of the end, he said he did not knw but only the father and in 1 Cor 11 v 3, the bible said the head of the christ is GOd. These scriptures among many others simply shows that Jesus and God are not equal or one.
ijawkid:

And so also did constantine bring in d cross and all other false ish we see in christendom today..........

And also d worship of mary and of d saints......

How can u say constantine brought out d trinity dogma clearer?

Who appointed that idol worshiper over Gods work

Have u guys heard of d latin vulgate and d wayo that was played in tryin to enforce d trinity on many and into d scriptures?

Ur all running away from what happened @ d council of nicea........

I'm happy u guys still can't say wat u understand from 1corinthians 15:27 $ 28....

John 20:17 is also there for u guys......

U dnt know d implications wen u say Jesus is Yahweh.........

Youhesh: It will be better u read that passage of Rev 1 v 8 again. Jesus did not say he was the almighty, God Jehovah was the one who said so. Jesus himself said in John 14 v 28 that the father is greater than he is. Whn asked about the time of the end, he said he did not knw but only the father and in 1 Cor 11 v 3, the bible said the head of the christ is GOd. These scriptures among many others simply shows that Jesus and God are not equal or one.
Sorry what d̶̲̅σ you believe?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Understand that Jesus was as a man when he spoke all this, a man has limitations but a divine nature does not.
Jesus(God in flesh/nature of man), the father(God in his divine nature),
Which is greater in a fleshly nature and nature of God?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 1:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Yes mattew 28:19 tells us jesus and the father are one, is NAME singular or PLURAL, well if you don't know, NAME is singular while NAMES is plural and singular means one. And the bible uses in the NAME of the father son and Holy spirit not NAMES which will mean the father and son are two different beings.
Once again yes Jesus(God in flesh) was lesser to the father because of the limitation of the flesh, the bible says he was made a bit lower than the angels (angels are powerful than men) but jesus in his divine nature is equal with the father, and that's why he layed down his life WILLFULLY, he has the power to say he wasn't dieing for our sins but he submitted to the will of the father. Jesus said "destroy this temple(his body) and I will build it back(resurrect) in three days, he said he himself will build it back and other verse said God raised Jesus, don't you still get the clue that Jesus is God himself, co-equal with the father and co-eternal (micah 5:2). When the jews charged Jesus for blasphemy that he says he is God, Jesus never deny that he was God, he even made it clearer. Read zechariah 12:10 God said "they shall look at ME whom they have pierced". Was God pierced? Can he be pierced?. He is telling you here that he is jesus christ that is pierced. Jesus is God. Lots and lots of passages tells us that. Only God is perfect in holiness, Jesus never sinned despite the temptations because he(God) has a holy nature. Let me leave you with this thought. When phillip asked jesus to show him the father, he said have ℓ̊ not been long here with you and yet you have not known ME, he that has seen me has seen the father. Phillip asked to see God, Jesus said so+ you have not known ME.. He is telling phillip, ℓ̊ am God myself, whatever you have seen in me is the same with the father, therefore if you have seen me yoy have seen the father. They are one. God bless you.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 2:03pm On Jun 09, 2012
haibe:
Understand that Jesus was as a man when he spoke all this, a man has limitations but a divine nature does not.
Jesus(God in flesh/nature of man), the father(God in his divine nature),
Which is greater in a fleshly nature and nature of God?
Good point I have come to realise that most people like Jehovah's witnesses and non believers seem to rely on scriptures that deal with the human nature of jesus and ignore his devine nature as God Almighty.. They will repeatedly quote scriptures about jesus human nature and try to set them against his divine nature.. on the other side you have your ignorant Christians who only just focus on scriptures about his divinity to the extent of almost denying his human nature...

People have to understand that Jesus has two natures in the bible..
For the proper understanding of Jesus and, therefore, all other doctrines that relate to him, His two natures must be properly understood and defined. Jesus is one person with two natures. This is why the bible says he grew in wisdom and stature (only a man grows in wisdom) (Luke 2:52) yet know all things(only God is omniscient and Jesus is God) (John 21:17). He is the Divine Word that became flesh (John 1:1,14).

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 2:12pm On Jun 09, 2012
nyameke: Good point I have come to realise that most people like Jehovah's witnesses and non believers seem to rely on scriptures that deal with the human nature of jesus and ignore his device nature as God Almighty.. They will repeatedly quote scriptures about jesus human nature and try to set them against his device nature.. on the other side you have your ignorant Christians who only just focus on scriptures about his divinity to the extent of almost denying his human nature...

People have to understand that Jesus has two natures in the bible..
For the proper understanding of Jesus and, therefore, all other doctrines that relate to him, His two natures must be properly understood and defined. Jesus is one person with two natures. This is why the bible says he grew in wisdom and stature (Luke 2:52) yet know all things (John 21:17). He is the Divine Word that became flesh (John 1:1,14).

Please answer this question.....

Was Jesus still a human @ john 20:17...

What is this human nature wahala..............

U guys must be a lil sick...

I'm sorry to use that word....

Did Jesus being a human make him loose his memory as to who he was b4 descending from d heavens?

So why did he come in d 1st place....

To lie to us or what??

U guys are just trinity sick...................

I quoted scriptures of when Jesus was in heaven and u still talk of human nature.....

It is still u guys who claim Jesus is still a human in heaven....

U guys are d most confused set of persons I'v ever seen........

When Jesus said those words to mary @ john 20;17 was he still a human
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 2:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
haibe:
Yes mattew 28:19 tells us jesus and the father are one, is NAME singular or PLURAL, well if you don't know, NAME is singular while NAMES is plural and singular means one. And the bible uses in the NAME of the father son and Holy spirit not NAMES which will mean the father and son are two different beings.
Once again yes Jesus(God in flesh) was lesser to the father because of the limitation of the flesh, the bible says he was made a bit lower than the angels (angels are powerful than men) but jesus in his divine nature is equal with the father, and that's why he layed down his life WILLFULLY, he has the power to say he wasn't dieing for our sins but he submitted to the will of the father. Jesus said "destroy this temple(his body) and I will build it back(resurrect) in three days, he said he himself will build it back and other verse said God raised Jesus, don't you still get the clue that Jesus is God himself, co-equal with the father and co-eternal (micah 5:2). When the jews charged Jesus for blasphemy that he says he is God, Jesus never deny that he was God, he even made it clearer. Read zechariah 12:10 God said "they shall look at ME whom they have pierced". Was God pierced? Can he be pierced?. He is telling you here that he is jesus christ that is pierced. Jesus is God. Lots and lots of passages tells us that. Only God is perfect in holiness, Jesus never sinned despite the temptations because he(God) has a holy nature. Let me leave you with this thought. When phillip asked jesus to show him the father, he said have ℓ̊ not been long here with you and yet you have not known ME, he that has seen me has seen the father. Phillip asked to see God, Jesus said so+ you have not known ME.. He is telling phillip, ℓ̊ am God myself, whatever you have seen in me is the same with the father, therefore if you have seen me yoy have seen the father. They are one. God bless you.

U just beat around d bush just to arrive @ nothing...

U never answered my question....

Yes or no

U dey run from fact....

Keep running....

How will Jesus show philip the Father when d Father is invicible,,.....

Has anybody seen God b4??

U answer that question.....

No one can see God and live..........

Didn't u read that in ur bible......

John 1:18 tells u who was seen and who was not seen...................

I repeat nobody has seen d father...
If Jesus was d almighty God he won't make that statement....except he was drunk and forgot who he was....

Jesus came to explain d Father...

He is not d Father....

Jesus was sent by some1 higher.....

A messanger is not equal to his master

1 corinthians 11:3 tear from ur bible?

Please abandon nicea and face reality and scriptural truths..........

D trinity dogma is why mary is been worshipped....

What else culd be more spurious than that.....

Do u believe mary is the mother of God??

The zechariah 12:10 has been debunked a longtime ago.....

It was a spurious translation error.....

Please use a jerusalem bible to check it up....

ur kjv will tell u Yahweh was pierced...
What heresy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Yahweh died do u know that d world wuld end....

This is what d church Fathers has done to rub Yahweh on d mud....

Please read other translations to see zechariah 12:10
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
@ijawkid I will answer john 20 17 but before that we have to go step by step...You have to crawl before you walk so let's start from the core of your problem.. I had asked you what you mean by God the father been greater than God the son? In what way
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2012
nyameke: @ijawkid I will answer john 20 17 but before that we have to go step by step...You have to crawl before you walk so let's start from the core of your problem.. I had asked you what you mean by God the father been greater than God the son? In what way

In every way my dear....

Yahweh is more powerfull and all powerful.........

Yahweh entrusts Jesus with authority and duties....

Yahweh sends Jesus errands ......

There's nothing Jesus has that he didn't receive from Yahweh.....
Be it power,authority and kingdom......

There is nothing Jesus does that he did not learn from. Yahweh.......

Jesus learns from some1 and that person is Yahweh....

Yahweh is greater than Jesus in all ramifications.....

Jesus is Yahwehs servant....

U doubt??
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2012
ijawkid:

In every way my dear....

Yahweh is more powerfull and all powerful.........

Yahweh entrusts Jesus with authority and duties....

Yahweh sends Jesus errands ......

There's nothing Jesus has that he didn't receive from Yahweh.....
Be it power,authority and kingdom......

There is nothing Jesus does that he did not learn from. Yahweh.......

Jesus learns from some1 and that person is Yahweh....

Yahweh is greater than Jesus in all ramifications.....

Jesus is Yahwehs servant....

U doubt??
lol I knew your understanding of greater as used in the bible was your stumbling block...The issue here is why would jesus say the Father is greater than I and then claim to be equal with God.. A lot of people have issues with that and thus their unwillingness to accept jesus as God..

Now all your claims are false.. Yahweh is not more and all powerful than jesus and he is also not greater than jesus atleast not in the way you understand it..

Here is the passage in question that people dwell on:
"You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you ' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." John 14:28

We will get to what jesus meant when he said this but first we have to establish something ..I told you we will go step by step.( btw I'm using my phone so bare with me) we have to establish the divinity and deity of jesus as one with the father using the scriptures and what he himself said..( I remember on another thread I explained why Yahweh is the same thing as Yashua)

In titus 2:13 the bible talks about jesus as a great God
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

In deut. Jesus Christ ascribes to himself the very exclusive rights of Deity:

“See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life,I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.” Deuteronomy 32:39

“Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?” Isaiah 43:13

A careful look at most of John chapter 14 have Jesus claiming to have all of God's omni-attributes:
"And I WILL DO whatever you ask IN MY NAME, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask ME for anything in my name, AND I WILL DO IT." John 14:13-14

Christ is capable of personally answering all prayers that are directed to him or are addressed in his name. The only way that Christ can both hear and answer all these prayers is if he is both omniscient and omnipotent

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, AND I AM IN YOU. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:20-21

Jesus says that he is IN all the disciples, an impossible claim if he was only a man, or even an angel. But since Jesus is God, and since God is omnipresent, it therefore makes perfect sense for Christ to say he is able to dwell in all the believers at the same time

He also says in john 10:30 that he and the father are one.. You can clearly see that jesus is also claiming co equality with the father here.. 1+1=1 now that's an incredible claim... I could go on an quoting the bible about jesus and God being one and the same but I digress..

So back to the greater than question..Now if jesus is one with God then why would he claim in that quote that the father is greater than him?

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 7:25pm On Jun 09, 2012
nyameke: lol I knew your understanding of greater as used in the bible was your stumbling block...The issue here is why would jesus say the Father is greater than I and then claim to be equal with God.. A lot of people have issues with that and thus their unwillingness to accept jesus as God..

Now all your claims are false.. Yahweh is not more and all powerful than jesus and he is also not greater than jesus atleast not in the way you understand it..

Here is the passage in question that people dwell on:
"You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you ' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." John 14:28

We will get to what jesus meant when he said this but first we have to establish something ..I told you we will go step by step.( btw I'm using my phone so bare with me) we have to establish the divinity and deity of jesus as one with the father using the scriptures and what he himself said..( I remember on another thread I explained why Yahweh is the same thing as Yashua)

In titus 2:13 the bible talks about jesus as a great God
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ"

In deut. Jesus Christ ascribes to himself the very exclusive rights of Deity:

“See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life,I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.” Deuteronomy 32:39

“Yes, and from ancient days I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?” Isaiah 43:13

A careful look at most of John chapter 14 have Jesus claiming to have all of God's omni-attributes:
"And I WILL DO whatever you ask IN MY NAME, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask ME for anything in my name, AND I WILL DO IT." John 14:13-14

Christ is capable of personally answering all prayers that are directed to him or are addressed in his name. The only way that Christ can both hear and answer all these prayers is if he is both omniscient and omnipotent

"On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, AND I AM IN YOU. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:20-21

Jesus says that he is IN all the disciples, an impossible claim if he was only a man, or even an angel. But since Jesus is God, and since God is omnipresent, it therefore makes perfect sense for Christ to say he is able to dwell in all the believers at the same time

He also says in john 10:30 that he and the father are one.. You can clearly see that jesus is also claiming co equality with the father here.. 1+1=1 now that's an incredible claim... I could go on an quoting the bible about jesus and God being one and the same but I digress..

So back to the greater than question..Now if jesus is one with God then why would he claim in that quote that the father is greater than him?

Oboy when Jesus said ""I and the Father are one"" what do u tink he meant?

Goshen360 a million times has been explaining to u guys what oneness means but u shut d doors of understanding.......

Where did Jesus ever say ""I am equal to my Father..""?

Ok let me quote 1 scripture in that john that explains oneness....

John 17:21-24

New International Version (NIV)
21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as
you are in me and I am in you. May they also be
in us so that the world may believe that you
have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory
that you gave me, that they may be one as we
are one — 23 I in them and you in me—so that
they may be brought to complete unity. Then
the world will know that you sent me and have
loved them even as you have loved me.
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to
be with me where I am, and to see my glory,
the glory you have given me because you loved
me before the creation of the world.

Now if Jesus and his Father are one,and we are one with Jesus,does that mean we are equal to Jesus or that we are Jesus

Jesus never claimed equality with his Father...

U guys are the ones forcing it on him....

Oneness means unity and agreement....

If u argue Yahweh isn't greater than Jesus then it means Jesus is a liar.....

U'll explain to me soon why Jesus would not have d knowledge of sometin but only Yahweh has.....

Remember Jesus never knew when d world will end but Yahweh did.....

My bro d scriptures are clear...

But d council of nicea has blind folded every trinitarian to follow d course of paganism........

Its an insult on Yahweh for u to say Jesus is equal to him............

SMH...

I quoted a scripture that even confirms that Jesus is Yahwehs servant.....

Or have u been playing around

Let me quote it out for u....

Acts 3:13

13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and
Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified
his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be
killed, and you disowned him before Pilate,
though he had decided to let him go

Acts 4:27-30

27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met
together with the Gentiles and the people of
Israel in this city to conspire against your holy
servant Jesus, whom you anointed. 28 They did
what your power and will had decided
beforehand should happen. 29 Now, Lord,
consider their threats and enable your
servants to speak your word with great
boldness. 30 Stretch out your hand to heal and
perform signs and wonders through the name
of your holy servant Jesus.”

Please my brother how can the servant of God be equal to God..........

Please Jesus been lesser than Yahweh doesn't change d fact that Jesus is our Lord and high priest.....

Jesus enjoys a lofty position there in d heavens,but ofcus he has a superior....

It will only take one with serious eye defect not to see it.......

Beside§ if Ù claim Yahweh Ísnt powerful than JesÙs I wonde® why Jesus always humbly waiteÐ for God to entrust him with power Ànd authority....

E be like u no read 1 corinthians 15:27 $ 28.......

Yahweh gave Jesus authority and he is Jesus's God....

How can u blatantly run away from Jesus 's words??

Yahweh is d Father and God of Jesus....

Is that hard for u to believe

Jesus has a God over him
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
Let's also look at how greater than is used in the bible and what jesus really meant when he said that..

In the first place, the term for "greater" does not necessarily imply one who is greater in nature or essence. It can refer to someone or something being greater in position and/or authority... It is quite clear Jesus was talking bout position or rank in that context .. but let's look at some scriptures:

"I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matthew 11:11

John being greater than all those born of women does not imply that the rest were less human than John, or that they were inferior to John in nature. Here, the term must mean that John was greater in position and rank.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master,nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him." John 13:16

Both the slave and the one sent are just as human as the master and the sender, having the same human essence and nature that the master and sender have. Thus, greater here must mean in position and authority, not in essence and nature.

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these,because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

The disciples did not perform better works, but performed a greater number of works than Christ since they reached far more people than Jesus did while he was on earth. Hence, the term "greater" refers to quantity, the amount of works, as opposed to quality since the disciples performed the same type of works but in far greater number.

Once you begin to understand the context of how "greater " is used in these context then you will begin to understand what the messiah meant...
Ok now let's try to tie all these together.. The Scriptures teach that when Christ became a man, he assumed the role and position of a slave/servant:

"For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves." Luke 22:27

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross..Phil.2:5-8..
Rom 9:5: “according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.”

In becoming a man something changed since he was not in a servant role to the Father before He became man. This was a change of position, not a change in nature. He, as God, could not empty himself of His essential nature, since unchangeableness is part of his nature. All His attributes are eternal so he could not eliminate any but he could put them aside in using them as He entered time and space to manifest to us as man..

Thus, as long as Christ remained on earth in the form and position of a humble slave, enduring persecution, insults, injury, and subsequently the shame of the cross, the Father would be greater in position and honor. Once Christ returns to heaven to be seated alongside his Father, he would no longer be in that state of humiliation. He would share, once again, that same divine glory and sovereign authority that he had with the Father before he had come to the earth as a man:

"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was... Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." John 17:5, 24

To conclude yes the Father was greater but in position and rank (I hope you understand why now), not in essence and nature..in their essence or core they are equal because they are one and the same. One is not more powerful and greater in all ramifications like you alluded to...

Now we can move on to other questions you have sorry if second part took a while I got a little busy...
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 9:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
nyameke: Let's also look at how greater than is used in the bible and what jesus really meant when he said that..

In the first place, the term for "greater" does not necessarily imply one who is greater in nature or essence. It can refer to someone or something being greater in position and/or authority... It is quite clear Jesus was talking bout position or rank in that context .. but let's look at some scriptures:

"I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matthew 11:11

John being greater than all those born of women does not imply that the rest were less human than John, or that they were inferior to John in nature. Here, the term must mean that John was greater in position and rank.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master,nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him." John 13:16

Both the slave and the one sent are just as human as the master and the sender, having the same human essence and nature that the master and sender have. Thus, greater here must mean in position and authority, not in essence and nature.

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these,because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

The disciples did not perform better works, but performed a greater number of works than Christ since they reached far more people than Jesus did while he was on earth. Hence, the term "greater" refers to quantity, the amount of works, as opposed to quality since the disciples performed the same type of works but in far greater number.

Once you begin to understand the context of how "greater " is used in these context then you will begin to understand what the messiah meant...
Ok now let's try to tie all these together.. The Scriptures teach that when Christ became a man, he assumed the role and position of a slave/servant:

"For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves." Luke 22:27

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross..Phil.2:5-8..
Rom 9:5: “according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen.”

In becoming a man something changed since he was not in a servant role to the Father before He became man. This was a change of position, not a change in nature. He, as God, could not empty himself of His essential nature, since unchangeableness is part of his nature. All His attributes are eternal so he could not eliminate any but he could put them aside in using them as He entered time and space to manifest to us as man..

Thus, as long as Christ remained on earth in the form and position of a humble slave, enduring persecution, insults, injury, and subsequently the shame of the cross, the Father would be greater in position and honor. Once Christ returns to heaven to be seated alongside his Father, he would no longer be in that state of humiliation. He would share, once again, that same divine glory and sovereign authority that he had with the Father before he had come to the earth as a man:

"Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was... Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." John 17:5, 24

To conclude yes the Father was greater but in position and rank (I hope you understand why now), not in essence and nature..in their essence or core they are equal because they are one and the same. One is not more powerful and greater in all ramifications like you alluded to...

Now we can move on to other questions you have sorry if second part took a while I got a little busy...

I can't believe my eyes here.....

""The Father is greater than I am"

U deny it and give a rubbish explanation for it..

Jesus ""servant of Yahweh""

You give another rubbish explanation for it..

Jesus called Yahweh ""my Father and my God""

Yet again u give a more rubbish explanation.....

Jesus assuming a human role was even an errand he was running for his superior......

And if I may remember it still d mumu trinity dogma that suggests that Jesus was half man half God while on earth...
And now u deny scriptures were Jesus said he is Yahwehs servant..

The council @ nicea has really deluded every single trinitarian.........

And please lastly kindly and rubbishly explain 1 corinthians 15:27 and 28

I wanna hear how u will explain it.......

Please explain it and let us call it a day........

Explain why Jesus will still be subordinate to Yahweh right there in d heavens...

Take note::::

That verse explains what will happen in heaven...
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
ijawkid:

Oboy when Jesus said ""I and the Father are one"" what do u tink he meant?

Goshen360 a million times has been explaining to u guys what oneness means but u shut d doors of understanding.......

Where did Jesus ever say ""I am equal to my Father..""?

Ok let me quote 1 scripture in that john that explains oneness....

John 17:21-24

21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as
you are in me and I am in you. May they also be
in us so that the world may believe that you
have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory
that you gave me, that they may be one as we
are one — 23 I in them and you in me—so that
they may be brought to complete unity. Then
the world will know that you sent me and have
loved them even as you have loved me.
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to
be with me where I am, and to see my glory,
the glory you have given me because you loved
me before the creation of the world.

Now if Jesus and his Father are one,and we are one with Jesus,does that mean we are equal to Jesus or that we are Jesus

Jesus never claimed equality with his Father...

U guys are the ones forcing it on him....

Oneness means unity and agreement....

If u argue Yahweh isn't greater than Jesus then it means Jesus is a liar.....

U'll explain to me soon why Jesus would not have d knowledge of sometin but only Yahweh has.....

Remember Jesus never knew when d world will end but Yahweh did.....

My bro d scriptures are clear...

But d council of nicea has blind folded every trinitarian to follow d course of paganism........

Its an insult on Yahweh for u to say Jesus is equal to him............

SMH...

I quoted a scripture that even confirms that Jesus is Yahwehs servant.....

Or have u been playing around

Let me quote it out for u....

Acts 3:13

13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and
Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified
his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be
killed, and you disowned him before Pilate,
though he had decided to let him go

Acts 4:27-30

27 Indeed Herod and Pontius Pilate met
together with the Gentiles and the people of
Israel in this city to conspire against your holy
servant Jesus, whom you anointed. 28 They did
what your power and will had decided
beforehand should happen. 29 Now, Lord,
consider their threats and enable your
servants to speak your word with great
boldness. 30 Stretch out your hand to heal and
perform signs and wonders through the name
of your holy servant Jesus.”

Please my brother how can the servant of God be equal to God..........

Please Jesus been lesser than Yahweh doesn't change d fact that Jesus is our Lord and high priest.....

Jesus enjoys a lofty position there in d heavens,but ofcus he has a superior....

It will only take one with serious eye defect not to see it.......

Beside§ if Ù claim Yahweh Ísnt powerful than JesÙs I wonde® why Jesus always humbly waiteÐ for God to entrust him with power Ànd authority....

E be like u no read 1 corinthians 15:27 $ 28.......

Yahweh gave Jesus authority and he is Jesus's God....

How can u blatantly run away from Jesus 's words??

Yahweh is d Father and God of Jesus....

Is that hard for u to believe

Jesus has a God over him
But do. You belief jesus is eternal as his father( no beginning, no end).?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by MrAnony1(m): 12:23am On Jun 10, 2012
ijawkid:

I can't believe my eyes here.....

""The Father is greater than I am"

U deny it and give a rubbish explanation for it..

Jesus ""servant of Yahweh""

You give another rubbish explanation for it..

Jesus called Yahweh ""my Father and my God""

Yet again u give a more rubbish explanation.....

Jesus assuming a human role was even an errand he was running for his superior......

And if I may remember it still d mumu trinity dogma that suggests that Jesus was half man half God while on earth...
And now u deny scriptures were Jesus said he is Yahwehs servant..

The council @ nicea has really deluded every single trinitarian.........

And please lastly kindly and rubbishly explain 1 corinthians 15:27 and 28

I wanna hear how u will explain it.......

Please explain it and let us call it a day........

Explain why Jesus will still be subordinate to Yahweh right there in d heavens...

Take note::::

That verse explains what will happen in heaven...

@Ijawkid; Why do you keep on conveniently ignoring this passage of scripture?

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself

by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Philipians 2:5-8 (NIV)

Are you truly seeking the truth or do you just like the sound of your own voice so much that you stubbornly block out all other reason except those that agree with your erroneous presumptions?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 12:58am On Jun 10, 2012
Mr_Anony:

5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

he humbled himself

even death on a cross!

Are you truly seeking the truth or do you just like the sound of your own voice so much that you stubbornly block out all other reason except those that agree with your erroneous presumptions?

What do u understand from that passage u just quoted....

Oya start explaining.............

Jesus was in d nature of God and never considered himself equal to God just as sataÑ earlier did......

Hw is that verse a verse to support Jesus being equal to his Father??

E be like ona Éye dey §ee double..........

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 1:13am On Jun 10, 2012
@mr Ànony Ànd ur freind that quoted phillipÍans 2:5-7...please I want u both to read thru this researched exegesis given by a scholar.....

The kjv is what has actually side tracked many of ur distorted comments here.....

Please read thru judiciously....

Get d sense of what paul was saying from phillipians,consider d context when u read bible verses.....
Its one thing goshen has always told u guys b4 he left this post......

Read below::::::::::::

As in any exegesis of any verse, one must
always interpret it in the context in which it
was written. So at this time please open your
Bible and read from verse 1 – 12. First we are
going to cover the context and then the point
of this hymn, and then we will do a line by line
exegesis.
Let’s review the context first. In verse 1-2
Paul is telling the Philippians to be of the same
mind, to show the same love. In verse 3 he
tells them not to do anything out of
selfishness or vainglory, but to be humble. He
tells them to regard OTHERS as more
important than themselves. To consider
other’s interests as more important than their
own. All this is happening during a time of
persecution.
Then in verses 5-8 he uses the life of Christ
as an example of what he is speaking about. He
tells them to have the same attitude as
Christ.
The point of the hymn in this context is that
suffering, humility, and obedience to God for
the faith leads ultimately to exaltation.
Now that we have covered the context in
verses 1-5, we are ready for the first
controversy in verse 6. There are two
different interpretations. The first is from
the KJV, it states:
"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not
robbery to be equal with God."
The majority of Bibles including the NAB,
NASB, NRSV, NIV, and The Amplified Bible,
just to name a few, interpret it as:
"Who though he was in the form of God, did not
regard equality with God something to be
grasped."
First let us get an understanding of the
phrase "Who being in the form of God." The
key being the word "form."
The word form (morphe) and image (eikon) are
interchangeable. R.P. Martin ("Morphe in
Philippians 2:6," Expository Times, Vol. 70,
no.6, March 1959, 183-184) states:
"That morphe and eikon are equivalent terms
that are used interchangeably in the LXX."
James Dunn states in Christology in the
Making pg.115:
"It has long been recognized that morphe and
eikon are near synonyms."
An understanding of image will help us in the
understanding of form. Let us look at their
definitions. According to Strong’s Greek
Dictionary it means:
Form(morphe) – nature. Comes from the base
of the word meros that means to have an
allotment, a division or share, piece, portion.
Image(eikon) – likeness, or figuratively a
representation.
Being in the form or image of something means
that it is not the original. If I have something
that is in the form or image of a lion, then it is
not really a lion. If it was, I would not have to
say that it was in the form or image of a lion, I
would just say that it is a lion.
Man was made in the image of God. God made
man as a representation of himself. Someone
he could share a piece of himself (having the
spirit of God in us) with.
Gen.1:27 – "God created man in his image."
1 Cor. 11:7 "Because he (man) is the image
and glory of God."
These verses do not mean that because we
are the image of God that we are God. It
means that God made us with his attributes.
We have the ability to think (do his will) and to
love like God.
These next two verses do not mean that
Jesus is God in the same way that the verses
above do not mean that man is God. They mean
that Jesus is the image of God because as
God’s anointed he does the will of God and
loved us (as God does) enough to die for us.
Jesus and God’s purpose are one and the same.
Our purpose should be the same as Christ’s.
This is what Paul is telling the Philippians in
verse 5, to have the same attitude (the image)
as Christ.
2 Cor. 4:4 – "Christ who is the image of God."
Colossians 1:1 – "He (Jesus) is the image of
the invisible God."
When we are reborn or renewed we then bear
the image of Christ and of God (because they
are one in purpose) because we put away the
old self and put on the new self which now does
the will of God.
Colossians 3:10 says it clearly:
"Stop lying to one another, since you have
taken off the old self with its practices and
have put on the new self, which is being
renewed, for knowledge, in the image of its
creator."
This next verse is also a good example. The
disobedient are said to have a form of
godliness. It doesn’t mean that they are God,
in this verse it means that they pretend to be
like God (righteous), but in reality are not.
2 Tim. 3:5 – "Having a form (the disobedient)
of godliness but denying its power."
The KJV basically says that Jesus did not
think anything wrong of being considered equal
with God. This is contrary to the Adam
Christology that is being applied and in total
contradiction to the context of this chapter
which is humility, selflessness, to be a slave
of, not to be equal with, especially with God.
Now let’s see how this understanding of the
word "form" fits in this passage. Let us look at
both verses again.
"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not
robbery to be equal with God."
"Who though he was in the form of God, did not
regard equality with God something to be
grasped."
Let us review the context of this chapter. It
is about being humble. It is about putting
others ahead of oneself. Of making others
more important than oneself like Christ did.
Christ put God’s interests (God’s will) and ours
ahead of himself just like we should put
other’s interests ahead of our own.
The KJV interpretation of verse 6 goes
completely contrary to that idea. It does not
convey humility, it states the opposite,
grandeur. It says that although Jesus was like,
or represented God, that he did not think that
there was anything wrong in being considered
equal to God. It is basically hypocritical.
The other Bible interpretations are in line
with the context of the chapter. Their sense
is determined by their role within Adam
Christology.
The conclusion to these verses is that Jesus is
the second Adam created in the image of God
as Adam was. As Adam, Jesus is in esteemed
position, they are both called "son of God."
Like Adam, Jesus was faced with a choice:
seek his own interests or God’s; obey or rebel.
Adam’s temptation was that he wanted to be
like God (Gen. 3:5). Adam sought to grasp (the
NRSV has grasp as, "something to be
exploited"wink equality with God. But Jesus in
contrast to Adam’s selfish choice did not seek
to usurp God’s authority but instead took the
position of a slave to God and obeyed him to
the point of death.
Now on to verse 7-9. It says:
"Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form
of a slave, coming in human likeness, and found
human in appearance, he humbled himself,
becoming obedient to death, death on a cross.
Because of this, God greatly exalted him."
Let me start with the phrase "he emptied
himself." Many people use this verse in
defense of the Trinity when confronted with
questions such as
"If Jesus is omniscient then how come he does
not know the day of his return?
Their answer is that Jesus doesn’t know that
because he emptied himself of His divinity
when he came as Jesus.
This idea has an actual name. It is called the
Kenotic Doctrine. Before going on, let me show
you the Creed of the Council of Chalcedon,
which is the definition of Jesus which all good
Trinitarians adhere to, Catholic and
Protestant.

To be continued......
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 1:14am On Jun 10, 2012
Mr_Anony:

he humbled himself

even death on a cross!

lol I was about preparing some more stuff for him but my spirit told me he is not there yet he has ears but do not hear.. he lacks wisdom.. He is the same guy who was arguing with me when I told him a man and a woman are equal but just different in roles...

He is one of those people with lower level of consciousness..People with lower level of consciousness think females submitting means they are inferior.. Greater means better, servant means lower or inferior, a follower means an inferior or a fool..Out of ignorance they will respect the minister more than they would a comedian or the cook or the painter.. They are all about the form and never the essence ...
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 1:17am On Jun 10, 2012
DEFINITION OF THE COUNCIL OF
CHALCEDON (451 AD)
Therefore, following the holy fathers, we all
with one accord teach men to acknowledge one
and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, at
once complete in Godhead and complete in
manhood, truly God and truly man, consisting
also of a reasonable soul and body; of one
substance with the Father as regards his
Godhead, and at the same time of one
substance with us as regards his manhood; like
us in all respects, apart from sin; as regards
his Godhead, begotten of the Father before
the ages, but yet as regards his manhood
begotten, bearer; one and the same Christ,
Son, Lord, Only-begotten, recognized in two
natures, without confusion, without change,
without division, without separation; the
distinction of natures being in no way annulled
by the union, but rather the characteristics of
each nature being preserved and coming
together to form one person and subsistence,
not as parted or separated into two persons,
but one and the same Son and Only-begotten
God the Word, Lord Jesus Christ; even as the
prophets from earliest times spoke of him,
and our Lord Jesus Christ himself taught us,
and the creed of the fathers has handed down
to us.
The Kenotic Doctrine claims that Jesus
emptied himself of his deity. Well, you can
simply read in the Chalcedon Creed that it
defines Jesus’ nature as fully God and fully
man at all times, without division, without
separation. You cannot say that you believe in
the Trinity and use this excuse. If you
subscribe to the Kenotic Doctrine, then you
have already rejected the Trinity. You cannot
be both.
In 1951, in celebration of the 1500th birthday
of the Chalcedon Creed, Pope Pius the 12th
wrote the following on the Kenotic Doctrine:
Encyclical of Pope Pius the 12th on the
Council of Chalcedon September 8, 1951
(paragraph 29).
There is another enemy of the faith of
Chalcedon, widely diffused outside the fold of
the Catholic religion. This is an opinion for
which a rashly and falsely understood sentence
of St. Paul’s Epistle to the Philippians (2:7),
supplies a basis and a shape. This is called the
kenotic doctrine, and according to it, they
imagine that the divinity was taken away
from the Word in Christ. It is a wicked
invention, equally to be condemned with the
Docetism opposed to it. It reduces the whole
mystery of the Incarnation and Redemption to
empty the bloodless imaginations.
So what does he emptied himself mean? It
means that Jesus being in an esteemed
position (The Messiah, the king of Israel, Jn
1:41 & 49) emptied himself of all the rights,
power and privilege that were his and instead
humbled himself like a slave to the will of God.
The Amplified Bible states Verse 7 as:
"But stripped (emptied) himself of all privilege
and rightful dignity so as to assume the guise
of a servant."
Remember, Jesus was and is the Messiah, the
right hand of God. And as God’s right hand he is
anointed with incredible power. But he chose
not to use this power but instead yielded to
the will of God to the point of death. An
example that comes to mind is when Jesus is
about to be arrested. It states:
Matthew 26:53 – "Do you think that I cannot
call upon my Father and he will not provide me
at this moment with more than twelve legions
of angels?"
He could have summoned them, but he didn’t.
He could have used his esteemed position to
call for angels to protect him, but he chose to
empty himself of his right and privilege in
obedience to God. Now let us look at the
remaining verses.
2:7: "Coming in human likeness, and found
human in appearance."
People have really gone overboard with this
verse. They will say that since in the previous
verse God emptied himself of his divinity, that
then he appeared as a human, Jesus.
How this fits in a context of living a life of
humility and obedience is beyond me. It just
doesn’t.
The NAB which is a Catholic Bible that
believes in the preexistence of Christ has this
to say about verse 7:
2:7: "It is also possible to interpret so as to
exclude any reference to preexistence and to
take vv 6-8 as parallel stanzas about Jesus’
human state."
Let’s first review what the word translated
as "likeness" (eidos) means. Its literal
translation is "fashion." Let’s see what Vine’s
Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and
New Testament Words has to say about this
word and its usage in this verse.
Fashion(eidos) – "In general the state and
relations of a human being, so that in the
entire mode of his appearance he made himself
known and was recognized as a man."
In the simplest of terms, this definition
states that Jesus was just like us. Paul speaks
of the same thing in Hebrew 2:17 - 18, it
states:
"Therefore, he had to be made like his
brethren in all things, that he might become a
merciful and faithful high priest in things
pertaining to God, to make propiations for the
sins of the people. For since he himself was
tempted in that which he has suffered, he is
able to come to the aid of those who are
tempted."
All verse 7 is saying is that Jesus refused to
use his esteemed position for his own
interests, instead, even though he was human
like the rest of us, he resisted the temptation
to follow his own desires and chose to follow
the will of God, to obey God to his death.
This fits in with Paul’s Adam – Jesus
comparison. The first Adam was tempted and
failed. The second Adam was tempted and was
victorious.
"Just like sin and death entered the world
though a man named Adam, eternal life was
also brought to us through another man named
Jesus (paraphrasing Romans 5:12 – 21).
Now we end our exegesis with verse 9. Paul is
using Jesus as an example of how to live. Jesus
was tempted and he suffered, but he obeyed
even when it cost him his life. Because of his
obedience God has greatly exalted him. This is
the message that Paul is conveying to the
Philippians. Be like Christ, follow his example.
He was human just like us, which means that it
is humanly possible for us to live a life of
obedience to God if we set our minds to it.
And just like he has been rewarded, so will
you. You too will be exalted ( resurrected).
This chapter along with the episode of the
temptation of Christ in the gospels makes no
sense if Jesus is a Godman. It makes no sense
for Paul to urge on the Philippians to imitate
Christ if Christ is a Godman. How can they,
they are not Godmen.
The temptation of Christ and Philippians 2 both
give us encouragement that sin can be
overcome even in this age if we follow God’s
will instead of our own as Jesus did. Jesus
although he was the Messiah was human just
like us, and he proved to the world that it is
possible to follow the will of God if we choose
to. And if we do, then we too will be exalted by
God.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 1:17am On Jun 10, 2012
DEFINITION OF THE COUNCIL OF
CHALCEDON (451 AD)
Therefore, following the holy fathers, we all
with one accord teach men to acknowledge one
and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, at
once complete in Godhead and complete in
manhood, truly God and truly man, consisting
also of a reasonable soul and body; of one
substance with the Father as regards his
Godhead, and at the same time of one
substance with us as regards his manhood; like
us in all respects, apart from sin; as regards
his Godhead, begotten of the Father before
the ages, but yet as regards his manhood
begotten, bearer; one and the same Christ,
Son, Lord, Only-begotten, recognized in two
natures, without confusion, without change,
without division, without separation; the
distinction of natures being in no way annulled
by the union, but rather the characteristics of
each nature being preserved and coming
together to form one person and subsistence,
not as parted or separated into two persons,
but one and the same Son and Only-begotten
God the Word, Lord Jesus Christ; even as the
prophets from earliest times spoke of him,
and our Lord Jesus Christ himself taught us,
and the creed of the fathers has handed down
to us.
The Kenotic Doctrine claims that Jesus
emptied himself of his deity. Well, you can
simply read in the Chalcedon Creed that it
defines Jesus’ nature as fully God and fully
man at all times, without division, without
separation. You cannot say that you believe in
the Trinity and use this excuse. If you
subscribe to the Kenotic Doctrine, then you
have already rejected the Trinity. You cannot
be both.
In 1951, in celebration of the 1500th birthday
of the Chalcedon Creed, Pope Pius the 12th
wrote the following on the Kenotic Doctrine:
Encyclical of Pope Pius the 12th on the
Council of Chalcedon September 8, 1951
(paragraph 29).
There is another enemy of the faith of
Chalcedon, widely diffused outside the fold of
the Catholic religion. This is an opinion for
which a rashly and falsely understood sentence
of St. Paul’s Epistle to the Philippians (2:7),
supplies a basis and a shape. This is called the
kenotic doctrine, and according to it, they
imagine that the divinity was taken away
from the Word in Christ. It is a wicked
invention, equally to be condemned with the
Docetism opposed to it. It reduces the whole
mystery of the Incarnation and Redemption to
empty the bloodless imaginations.
So what does he emptied himself mean? It
means that Jesus being in an esteemed
position (The Messiah, the king of Israel, Jn
1:41 & 49) emptied himself of all the rights,
power and privilege that were his and instead
humbled himself like a slave to the will of God.
The Amplified Bible states Verse 7 as:
"But stripped (emptied) himself of all privilege
and rightful dignity so as to assume the guise
of a servant."
Remember, Jesus was and is the Messiah, the
right hand of God. And as God’s right hand he is
anointed with incredible power. But he chose
not to use this power but instead yielded to
the will of God to the point of death. An
example that comes to mind is when Jesus is
about to be arrested. It states:
Matthew 26:53 – "Do you think that I cannot
call upon my Father and he will not provide me
at this moment with more than twelve legions
of angels?"
He could have summoned them, but he didn’t.
He could have used his esteemed position to
call for angels to protect him, but he chose to
empty himself of his right and privilege in
obedience to God. Now let us look at the
remaining verses.
2:7: "Coming in human likeness, and found
human in appearance."
People have really gone overboard with this
verse. They will say that since in the previous
verse God emptied himself of his divinity, that
then he appeared as a human, Jesus.
How this fits in a context of living a life of
humility and obedience is beyond me. It just
doesn’t.
The NAB which is a Catholic Bible that
believes in the preexistence of Christ has this
to say about verse 7:
2:7: "It is also possible to interpret so as to
exclude any reference to preexistence and to
take vv 6-8 as parallel stanzas about Jesus’
human state."
Let’s first review what the word translated
as "likeness" (eidos) means. Its literal
translation is "fashion." Let’s see what Vine’s
Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and
New Testament Words has to say about this
word and its usage in this verse.
Fashion(eidos) – "In general the state and
relations of a human being, so that in the
entire mode of his appearance he made himself
known and was recognized as a man."
In the simplest of terms, this definition
states that Jesus was just like us. Paul speaks
of the same thing in Hebrew 2:17 - 18, it
states:
"Therefore, he had to be made like his
brethren in all things, that he might become a
merciful and faithful high priest in things
pertaining to God, to make propiations for the
sins of the people. For since he himself was
tempted in that which he has suffered, he is
able to come to the aid of those who are
tempted."
All verse 7 is saying is that Jesus refused to
use his esteemed position for his own
interests, instead, even though he was human
like the rest of us, he resisted the temptation
to follow his own desires and chose to follow
the will of God, to obey God to his death.
This fits in with Paul’s Adam – Jesus
comparison. The first Adam was tempted and
failed. The second Adam was tempted and was
victorious.
"Just like sin and death entered the world
though a man named Adam, eternal life was
also brought to us through another man named
Jesus (paraphrasing Romans 5:12 – 21).
Now we end our exegesis with verse 9. Paul is
using Jesus as an example of how to live. Jesus
was tempted and he suffered, but he obeyed
even when it cost him his life. Because of his
obedience God has greatly exalted him. This is
the message that Paul is conveying to the
Philippians. Be like Christ, follow his example.
He was human just like us, which means that it
is humanly possible for us to live a life of
obedience to God if we set our minds to it.
And just like he has been rewarded, so will
you. You too will be exalted ( resurrected).
This chapter along with the episode of the
temptation of Christ in the gospels makes no
sense if Jesus is a Godman. It makes no sense
for Paul to urge on the Philippians to imitate
Christ if Christ is a Godman. How can they,
they are not Godmen.
The temptation of Christ and Philippians 2 both
give us encouragement that sin can be
overcome even in this age if we follow God’s
will instead of our own as Jesus did. Jesus
although he was the Messiah was human just
like us, and he proved to the world that it is
possible to follow the will of God if we choose
to. And if we do, then we too will be exalted by
God.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by dorox(m): 2:04am On Jun 10, 2012
@ijawkid: Wow!!! You just blew me away. Loved every bit of your explanation, you have so far IMHO given the most complete explanation of jesus christ.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
@ijawkid if God dwells in you, don't you think it is possible to live like God since he now lives the live for you and ye are no longer yourselves but of God, it seems you don't still understand when the bible says we are the temple of the holyspirit which is in us or when the bible says he that is in christ is a new creature. When God lives in you, you can live very much like God as he lived when he came in flesh, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ ƔυƦ case of how can a man live like a Godman is just because of ƔυƦ lack of understanding, paul urges them to live like christ the Godman(just using ƔυƦ word) because he understands that christ has promised to come and dwell in them in person of the holyspirit and that with the power of the holyspirit in man he can very much live like the Godman jesus.
Am thinking you read the bible as a storybook, you really need the help of the author(holy spirit) when reading the bible if not you will continue like this using wisdom of a mere man and don't forget that the carnal man receives not the things of the spirit of God for they are foolishness unto him neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned(1 corinthians 2:14).
I. Know why you cannot understand the trinity because they are foolishness unto you and that's because you are yet carnal.
May God open ƔυƦ eyes
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Ayomivic(m): 1:24pm On Jun 10, 2012
Goshen360: @ frosbel,

No any bible believing and bible study student will argue that Jesus is NOT God. Jesus is God, I believe but the issue here is, Is Jesus (God) the SAME as the Father (God) or Is Jesus (God) the same being/person as the Father who is also God? This is the question we are talking about.

If that is the question then the answer is NO.There is God and there is Jesus the evidence are plenty in the bible from Genesis to revelation even Jesus says it many times that there was God the father, not need of argue on this.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by dorox(m): 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2012
haibe: @ijawkid if God dwells in you, don't you think it is possible to live like God since he now lives the live for you and ye are no longer yourselves but of God, it seems you don't still understand when the bible says we are the temple of the holyspirit which is in us or when the bible says he that is in christ is a new creature. When God lives in you, you can live very much like God as he lived when he came in flesh, S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ ƔυƦ case of how can a man live like a Godman is just because of ƔυƦ lack of understanding, paul urges them to live like christ the Godman(just using ƔυƦ word) because he understands that christ has promised to come and dwell in them in person of the holyspirit and that with the power of the holyspirit in man he can very much live like the Godman jesus.
Am thinking you read the bible as a storybook, you really need the help of the author(holy spirit) when reading the bible if not you will continue like this using wisdom of a mere man and don't forget that the carnal man receives not the things of the spirit of God for they are foolishness unto him neither can he know them because they are spiritually discerned(1 corinthians 2:14).
I. Know why you cannot understand the trinity because they are foolishness unto you and that's because you are yet carnal.
May God open ƔυƦ eyes
My honest opinion is that you made no sense at all, read through ijawkid's explanation of philipians 2:1-12 and judge for yourself if it is not consistent with what jesus said about himself in the bible.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ayomivic:

If that is the question then the answer is NO.There is God and there is Jesus the evidence are plenty in the bible from Genesis to revelation even Jesus says it many times that there was God the father, not need of argue on this.

You should know this from the title of the thread,lolz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member? / Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship / Five Worth Knowing Important Facts About Palm Sunday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.