Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. (16226 Views)

Arewa Youths Back PDP Claim On Buhari’s Health- Leadership / Chime Shakes-Off Death Rumour, Condoles With Yakowa, Azazi’s Families / Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Rhino5dm: 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2012

Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday in Abuja refuted insinuation that the “undemocratic’’ nature of the ruling party, the PDP, led to the emergence of the militant Boko Haram sect. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that some national dailies on Saturday quoted the National Security Adviser to the President, retired Gen. Patrick Azazi, as saying that the emergence of undemocratic elements in the PDP led to the creation of militant groups like the Boko Haram sect. Fielding questions from newsmen after visiting the premises of the ThisDay Newspapers building bombed on Thursday, President Jonathan said the Security Adviser might have been misquoted by the media.

“So, until I read it, I don’t believe that the NSA means that the practices in the PDP are anti-democratic. “I cannot comment much about what happened in the First Republic, but the aborted Second Republic that I marginally participated, and this Third Republic that I am a key actor, presently as a member of the first eleven, I still see that the PDP is one of the most democratic parties. “So, I don’t believe that it is undemocratic practice in the PDP that could give rise to Boko Haram or any other group. “So, probably, people need to ask NSA to explain what he really meant, but I read it from the papers. I don’t believe it is undemocratic practices in the PDP could give birth to this or any other militant groups.

’’ On the bombed building of Thisday Newspapers, Jonathan called on all Nigerians to join hands with the government in fighting the menace of terror groups in the country. According to him, any terror attack on any part of the country is a terror attack on all Nigerians and indeed the whole world. “You really see that this is a media house; it’s not a government establishment. Media helps to inform all of us about what is happening and of course the media is now also a victim and that is why we all as Nigerians, no matter what we do, where we come from, we must join hands in fighting this terror.

“And I can assure you that we’lll get over it; other nations have passed through it. Sometimes, when I say that, Nigerians begin to misunderstand that we are just sleeping to wait that it will come and go like wind; No. “We say that countries have faced it; U.S. has faced it and other countries have faced that they were able to conquer it, we are working very hard; our security services are working very hard and we will conquer it.

’’ On the debate on whether government should dialogue with the Boko Haram sect or not, the president said the two options could be possible depending on the circumstances on the ground. He reiterated the determination of government to address the challenges posed by terror groups in the country, saying that dialogue with members of the Boko Haram sect was not totally ruled out. “Yes, they are correct; those who are saying we should dialogue are correct; those who are saying we should not dialogue are also correct.

“When you have a terror situation, you also look at global best practice all over the
world. Just like war situations, you may dialogue; you may not dialogue, depending on the circumstances. “But we’ll exploit every means possible to bring this to an end.’’ (NAN)

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Rhino5dm: 8:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Rhino5dm: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2012
This is what 22 million fools voted in to power? shocked shocked

“So, until I read it, I don’t believe that the NSA means that the practices in the PDP are
anti-democratic. “I cannot comment much about what happened in the First Republic,
but the aborted Second Republic that I marginally participated, and this Third Republic that I am a key actor, presently as a member of the first eleven, I still see that the PDP is one of the most democratic parties. “So, I don’t believe that it is undemocratic practice in the PDP that could give rise to Boko Haram or any other group. “So, probably, people need to ask NSA to explain what he really meant, but I read it from the papers. I don’t believe it is undemocratic practices in the PDP could give birth to this or any other militant groups

How could a "president" spew the above thrash?

This must be the most foolish statement of all time. "So, until I blah . .So, I don't believe in blah blah. . .So, probably blah blah blah". What a clown!

11 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 28, 2012
GEJ is a good man. He shuns corruption & corrupt people, obviously ∂α† Ȋ̝̊̅§ why most persons, even his advisers dnt respect him. In naija politics, if u dnt want τ̅☺ play ball, u HªvΣ ₪O biz comin τ̅☺ †ЂΞ field. GEJ was brought τ̅☺ †ЂΞ field by fate, dis Ȋ̝̊̅§ prolly why tins seem confusin for now. Dis comment Ȋ̝̊̅§ meant strictly for †ЂΞ wise.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by naijaking1: 8:44pm On Apr 28, 2012
I think someone is about to loose his job
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by 1025: 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2012
i don't expect jonathan to accept what the soldier said neither do i expect nigerians to believe jonathan. let jonathan believe what he wants while nigerians will believe what they want.
pdp, no matter how u look at it is a shame to democracy and governance.
why on earth will jonathan impose his candidate on the ppl of bayelsa state? what did he do when he was the gov of bayelsa state? the wife has a criminal case of $13m fraud against the ppl of bayelsa.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Beetwo(m): 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hehehe, naija land of drama series, l cant wait for what will happen in d next episode, surely some one is goin to loss his job, lemmi see if dis is rite. ***heys, give me one sachet of cold wata**
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by homerac7: 9:02pm On Apr 28, 2012
Hmmm.... GEJ vs Azazi

By d way, r we in 3rd or 4th republic?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by naijaking1: 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2012
homerac7: Hmmm.... GEJ vs Azazi

Homerac, how body?
At last a disagreement between Aziza and his boss will throw more light on who's really behind BH.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2012
1025: the wife has a criminal case of $13m fraud against the ppl of bayelsa.

nigerians dont forget. every of them must pay for their crimes.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by homerac7: 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
@ naijaking,

my brother, I dey kamkpe o!

GEJ will hav to b careful wt how he goes abt ds one o. Na Azazi b him Don 1 all ds while, na him kuma knw d password for d military boyz set up and intelligence system pulse. He's d most potent counter move to Gen Gwarzo's influence in d security system. So d guy na mosquito wey perch for GEJ blokos as at now.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
Azazi blames internal workings of PDP for Boko Haram threats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HfkH82TaEk
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by 999666: 9:36pm On Apr 28, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
“When you have a terror situation, you also look at global best practice all over the
world. [size=13pt]Just like war situations, you may dialogue; you may not dialogue, depending on the circumstances[/size]. “But we’ll exploit every means possible to bring this to an end.’’ (NAN)
President Jonathan is very indecisive. When is he going to make his stand against boko haram known to the Nigerian people?
What is the official goverment policy on boko haram? Negotiate or no negotiations?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by doctokwus: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2012
Goddam it,GEJ doesn't evn know we are in d 4th,not d 3rd republic,dat does it for me,I gv up on d man.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by nduchucks: 10:12pm On Apr 28, 2012
naijaking1: I think someone is about to loose his job

In a civilized society, Azazi should have been fired already. Unfortunately, GEJ does not have the guts to fire the man, who obviously does not care about GEJ or anyone else who might be hurt from the obvious truth he spoke about.

The man has too much information which could damage GEJ and other powerful Boko Haram sponsors. The best thing that could happen is for GEJ to fire Aazi - that is when the real truth about BH will be revealed.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by bodejohn(m): 10:24pm On Apr 28, 2012
The story of Nigeria, Nigerians and her gladiators just took another twist with the recent disclosure by Azazi. Even though his words were not new to keen watchers of the Nigerian show of shame but it is the first confirmation coming from a man who should since he is an active player in the two most critical aspect of the Nigerian life, governance and security.
I am only going to quickly point this out, what's in this revelation for Azazi? Could this in anyway be related to 2015? How many politicians in this country will wilfully give up their link to the national cake without hoping for a higher gain?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2012
so am i the one who caused BOKO HARAM? MTSWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE angry
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2012
naijaking1: I think someone is about to loose his job
that is not the case.azazi is being misunderstood by people.what the nsa meant is that pdp has accorded its party constitution more supremacy than nigerias constitution.recall that the idea of zoning the presidency is alien to the nigerian constitution.if you read what the nsa said properly,youll see that it is an indictment of the northern politicians especially those behind the consensus drama ie chiroma,ibb,atiku.

7 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Pukkah: 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2012
The falcon can no longer hear the falconer.

It's very pathetic how Nigeria has ended up with this man as the helmsman.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by nagoma(m): 11:02pm On Apr 28, 2012
Azazi has chopped enough The 900 billion Naira budget and security votes . Jona will look for another home boy preferably ex- militant to join the table.Azazi has ignored table manners, you don't talk while you are eating.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by damilola15: 11:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
Isn't Azazi the Chief Secrity Adviser? If Jonathan knew much about the security situation (or could carry out the job himseelf), why appoint Azazi: So if he has given his analysis or observation it probably mean he's at least trying to do his job. I don't get why Jonathan is debunking the claim because it has to do with PDP.
I know he would concur if Azazi had said it was some opposition inciting Boko Haram.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by naijaking1: 11:09pm On Apr 28, 2012
I just listened to Gen. Azazi. What a mess!!!
People like him are better of seen than heard, because anything they say would never be ascribed to a personal opinion but a professional accumulation of privilaged information. Unfortunately, in Nigeria people just open their mouth anyhow. You would have seen how he thanked the audience for the small ovation he recieved. Every officer just like to have their ego massaged very often.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 28, 2012
homerac7: Hmmm.... GEJ vs Azazi

i thought i was the only one that noticed that statement; gaddam't the pig doesn't even know the republic we are in! no wonder he acts like a council chairman even though he is president! i bet he mistakes patience for dieziani!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by economia: 11:18pm On Apr 28, 2012
TB JOSUA, YOU NEED TO GIVE PROPHECY THAT A TOP NIGERIAN GOVT OFFICER WILL BE SACK. OH! SORRY I HAVE FORGOTEN THAT YOU ONLY GIVE PROPHECY OF DEATH

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Shakara123(m): 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2012
Our Situation
1. A president with a good heart who means well for his country
2. A president who lacks strong political will for a country as massive and massively corrupt as Nigeria
3. A president widely surrounded by bad people and wrongly advised by same
4. A president who lacks good leadership qualities
5. A president in a very wrong party

Obama of America is not the sharpest man in America, but he leads. What does it really take? Will. He surrounds himself with the best brains he can possibly have and these great men and women are simply guided by a working constitution; laws. He only takes the shots.

I fear for this country. Yet all we all can do is pray. I am hit hard whenever I say that for this great nation to move forward, a lot of people in or out of power have to die.

God please save this great nation Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by emmatok(m): 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2012
I hope PDP won't declare AZAZI a coup plotter and charged for treason..

I knew PDP knows about BOKO-HARAM when OBJ gallantly paid their families a visit.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by NaMe4: 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2012
chima12:
that is not the case.azazi is being misunderstood by people.what the nsa meant is that pdp has accorded its party constitution more supremacy than nigerias constitution.recall that the idea of zoning the presidency is alien to the nigerian constitution.if you read what the nsa said properly,youll see that it is an indictment of the northern politicians especially those behind the consensus drama ie chiroma,ibb,atiku.
Shakara123: Our Situation
1. A president with a good heart who means well for his country
2. A president who lacks strong political will for a country as massive and massively corrupt as Nigeria
3. A president widely surrounded by bad people and wrongly advised by same
4. A president who lacks good leadership qualities
5. A president in a very wrong party

Obama of America is not the sharpest man in America, but he leads. What does it really take? Will. He surrounds himself with the best brains he can possibly have and these great men and women are simply guided by a working constitution; laws. He only takes the shots.

I fear for this country. Yet all we all can do is pray. I am hit hard whenever I say that for this great nation to move forward, a lot of people in or out of power have to die.

God please save this great nation Nigeria.

chima12:

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by GarbaAudu: 11:56pm On Apr 28, 2012
Eyyah. Azazi thought that he's doing Jona favor by going to the public & spilled what he knows (or what he thinks) about boko saga. He didn't know that Jona has become a mafia. A mafia man will tell u white when he sees black, he turned left when he supposed to go right. No poison, no weapon can penetrate them. Remember Remi Babalola? He made the same mistake? by saying NNPC is broke. FG says it's a lie, NNPC is not broke. And they booted Babalola out within 2 weeks. So Oga azazi, in 2 weeks time we shall receive u home at Port Harcourt airport.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Nobody: 12:10am On Apr 29, 2012
DO not disrespect Mr. President. I hate it when Freedom of Speech is abused. Oh God, I miss the military era

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by All4sms: 12:13am On Apr 29, 2012
Hmmm, Time will Tell, we shall not seat and fold our arms, we will keep on praying,so that the Truth will emerge itself.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by jmaine: 12:14am On Apr 29, 2012
LeoMax: DO not disrespect Mr. President. I hate it when Freedom of Speech is abused. Oh God, I miss the military era

well we are not in the military era and people have a right to air their views especially in an anonymous mode like this . . . . .but it doesn't change the fact that the president still remains the president while they dwell just where they are . ..

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Jonathan Debunks Azazi's Claim On Bombings. by Koolking(m): 12:27am On Apr 29, 2012
Whoevr had anticipatd gej to own up to gen azazi's claim must ve been day dreaming. Its only his apologists who wsh nothin good for nigeria that wuld evr justify this gej's disappointin and embarrasin statement. I guess the stage is set let the political gladiators rumble. . . we watch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Labaran Maku Emerges As New APGA National Secretary At Party Convention / President Buhari In Competent Hands In London – Lai Mohammed / Tinubu: I Am One Of The Best Friends Of The Christian Community (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.