Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child (50473 Views)

Nigerians Watched An Abandoned Baby Cry Herself To Death Becos Of Fear Of Police / An Abandoned Child At Iyana Ipaja. / The Story Of An Abandoned Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Ivynwa(f): 3:56am On May 04, 2012
The child needs more care than she is getting, the grandmother seems to care more about her cassava than she cares for that child but can one blame a poor old woman saddled with such responsibility? It is not right for adults to have children and leave the responsibility of their children's care to their aging parents that need care themselves-----and they (the mother and father of that poor girl) are out there fr*aking f*cking away and even making more babies.

Is it her fault that she is differently-abled that they had to be treating her like that? What shame was the grannie talking about that made her relocate to the village from Lagos because of the child's condition. Our people are doing terrible things for fear of what people will say, what people says about her grandchild became more important than her comfort abi?

Plenty thanks to R231, Oam4j TEHN team for their interest in this child's welfare.
Aunty Queen may God reward you, girl.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 9:02am On May 07, 2012
I am still passionate about this case, so therefore I am putting up d pictures back in my first post on this thread. It can't die a natural death.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ifyalways(f): 9:43am On May 07, 2012
I want you to know that adding or not adding the pictures won't convince an unbeliveing mind to do anything to help. Moreso,you are placing that girl in danger by posting her picture online without her face masked to atleast hide her identity. Be well aware that if that girl goes missing(heavens forbid)you'd be the prime suspect.
Tehn has been in touch with you and are finalizing procedures and legalities to go with you, meet the girls people and find out the best way to help the girl.
Anyway, its your call at the end of the day, handle it anyway you deem fit. I'm speaking as me and not as tehn representative.
Bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by EfemenaXY: 10:01am On May 07, 2012
queenafric: I am still passionate about this case, so therefore I am putting up d pictures back in my first post on this thread. It can't die a natural death.

Passionate or not, you have no right to place that little girl's safety at risk. As long as her picture is made available for all to see, the chances of the wrong sort of people getting to her are greatly increased, and she remains exposed to danger.

What you've done so far is commendable. You've created an awareness of the child's plight - a step in the right direction. Don't undo your good deeds.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by violent(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Passionate or not, you have no right to place that little girl's safety at risk. As long as her picture is made available for all to see, the chances of the wrong sort of people getting to her are greatly increased, and she remains exposed to danger.

What you've done so far is commendable. You've created an awareness of the child's plight - a step in the right direction. Don't undo your good deeds.

Please i beg of you, kindly spare some of us your high handed rhetoric and unnecessary wolf crying! The girl's safety is now at risk because someone placed her picture on the internet and appealed for help? The same unloved, unwanted child that was attempting to cross the highway all by herself?

How do you suppose the Poster managed to create the little awareness that she had? You really suppose anyone will give a flying fccuk if she couldn't back her claims with pictures?

@OP

I commend your true selfless act and courage, after all we are all bound by a common human heritage. I fear the girl's situation may be improved by placing her in a special needs home where trained people could very well help her to live the best life she could. The challenge of course is for us as a group to look out for which homes will be happy to take her into care. Of course, achieving this may have to come with some promise of regular donations to the home of gifts and monetary aids.

Whatever you do, please and please, DONT give her parents or even the grandma money to take care of her. The parents are completely irresponsible swines who deserve to be shot through their reproductive organs, the grandma on the other hand will probably just give the money to the girl's father anyway and if she doesn't i don't see how she may be able to put the money into good use to secure the girl's future ---Grandma isn't going to live forever, what happens when she's gone?

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by EfemenaXY: 12:32pm On May 07, 2012
^^ Listen, there's no need for you to get all emotional on me. I'm entitled to my opinions and have the right to air them as I so wish.

Read through my post again (slowly, this time). I've mentioned that I agree with what the poster has done so far for the little girl in question, up to a certain point. However, I remain to be convinced that pasting her pic on an internet forum for all and sundry to see would make any difference. It's one thing to have JUST her pic up, but it becomes a completely different ball game to have both her pic AND exact location broadcasted without any form of censorship on the internet. Do you not think doing so increases the chances of paedophiles, pervets and heaven forbid - child ritualists looking for an easy picking to come after the innocent child?

Sure, you made a valid point that prior to the poster bringing up this story, the child was already exposed to danger; re: attempting to cross the highway unaided - yes. But you've got to admit that the danger she faced from strangers trying to take advantage of her plight was restricted to her immediate environs.

Genuine help from well meaning, good Samaritians would & should come through for the little one, irrespective of whether there is a picture to back up her claim.

As for your last comment which I find insultive, I'll overlook it & let it pass (for now).
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by violent(m): 12:59pm On May 07, 2012
^^^

Putting the girl's picture here is what actually proves that that the girl in mention does in fact exist and not some made up stories. I doubt if anyone would have taken the poster seriously if all she did was to type 90 lines of text describing her encounter with the little kid. Over 200 posts are made on Nairaland each day, a quarter of them pointless, another quarter made by spammers who will like to forcefully sell some business idea to you and hence the need to skim through quickly and look for ones that are worth responding to.

Also i haven't actually seen where the poster mentioned the girl's exact location beyond saying Abeokuta. There are probably many thousands of vulnerable children walking the streets of Abeokuta, i doubt perverts, pedophiles and heaven forbid - child ritualists will be looking for this particular one simply because her picture is on the internet....

In the Nigeria of these days, your pictures don't have to be on the internet to be profiled by those scumbags.....i don't see how putting her pictures here would increase the risk she's already have to live with for ten years of her life.

Sorry about the insult, i was feeling cranky when i typed that. It has now been edited.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by EfemenaXY: 1:09pm On May 07, 2012
Alright then. Let's agree to disagree & leave it at that.

Apology accepted.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by taryour(f): 2:06pm On May 07, 2012
@ efema and violent. I admire d way u both av ad ur arguments in maturity,it does show how responsible and matured u both her,unlike some in other threads. Tumbs up to u both.
Efe abeg remember to call me for d next class ooo. Lol
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Idowuogbo(f): 2:35pm On May 07, 2012
Efe I catch u ooo! Na hia u dey wey u dey run package abi?

@queenafric

Bebe how far? Mehnnn dis is sad o! I left u an offline sha!

Plss....like Efe and d lots have stated, D gal pics should be taken off for security reasons.

U gats shine ur eye for dis kain samaritan business or else it might have a messy ending.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Iranoladun(f): 2:50pm On May 07, 2012
@queenafric
God bless you for creating awareness for Ayomide's plight but please modify her picture and her grandma picture. You can still display their picture but blot out their faces. The internet is a big place with lots of bad people roaming.

Please update us on the visit by Nairaland charity their are NGOs and Homes that handle special kids in Lagos some may not bother about Ayomide citizenship but just wanna help.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 5:21pm On May 07, 2012
Prime suspect my foot! Do I sound like a criminal to u?
ifyalways:
Be well aware that if that girl goes missing(heavens forbid)you'd be the prime suspect.

U perfectly understood my reason for putting up d child's picture and heaven knows I wish no ill luck on d girl but for her to be in a good home and be happy. Putting her in a home for special needs seems to be d best option so far and d child's father and grandma are in support of it too. As am typing this, I am already outside Lagos, trying to make some enquiries about a good home. I posted this issue here on nairaland with d hope of finding kind hearted people to help out this child in one way or d other within their capability. Already, a nairalander by d username Olowotee went with me today to verify my claims and I have some pictures of d child and grandma in their home to support that.

violent:

@OP

I commend your true selfless act and courage, after all we are all bound by a common human heritage. I fear the girl's situation may be improved by placing her in a special needs home where trained people could very well help her to live the best life she could. The challenge of course is for us as a group to look out for which homes will be happy to take her into care. Of course, achieving this may have to come with some promise of regular donations to the home of gifts and monetary aids.

Whatever you do, please and please, DONT give her parents or even the grandma money to take care of her. The parents are completely irresponsible swines who deserve to be shot through their reproductive organs, the grandma on the other hand will probably just give the money to the girl's father anyway and if she doesn't i don't see how she may be able to put the money into good use to secure the girl's future ---Grandma isn't going to live forever, what happens when she's gone?

I don't like d tone of ur first sentence. Telling me I've got no right. Like seriously?

Efemena_xy:

Thank u Iranoladun and idowuogbo, ur points are noted.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Idowuogbo(f): 5:49pm On May 07, 2012
queenafric:
Prime suspect my foot! Do I sound like a criminal to u?

U perfectly understood my reason for putting up d child's picture and heaven knows I wish no ill luck on d girl but for her to be in a good home and be happy. Putting her in a home for special needs seems to be d best option so far and d child's father and grandma are in support of it too. As am typing this, I am already outside Lagos, trying to make some enquiries about a good home. I posted this issue here on nairaland with d hope of finding kind hearted people to help out this child in one way or d other within their capability. Already, a nairalander by d username Olowotee went with me today to verify my claims and I have some pictures of d child and grandma in their home to support that.

I don't like d tone of ur first sentence. Telling me I've got no right. Like seriously?

Thank u Iranoladun and idowuogbo, ur points are noted.
Babe chill na! U dey vex gan o!

Madam it's best u re-read ify and efe's comment after taking a long mind cooling stroll.

This guys aren't out to lash u, they just saying a piece for u and Ayomide's safety.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by ifyalways(f): 5:53pm On May 07, 2012
@Queenafric,noted ma.You dont look(sound) like a criminal to me.Kindly ignore that post.
Bless you!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by taryour(f): 5:55pm On May 07, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Babe chill na! U dey vex gan o!

Madam it's best u re-read ify and efe's comment after taking a long mind cooling stroll.

This guys aren't out to lash u, they just saying a piece for u and Ayomide's safety.

u couldnt av said it any better.
@queen,nawa for u oo, u just readind a completely diffrent meaning to thier words. Chilaxx now...
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 07, 2012
Weldone QueenAfric...: ) Chilax and bring on that your smiling face o...
you need some rest really, after touring that sunny city... You deserve a plate of amala (best meal in Abeokuta)) + correct asepo..with some bokotos...lol. Pls, do that and send me the e-bill!

Let's hope something good comes up for Ayomide...she deserves a better life.... sad
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by OAM4J: 6:20pm On May 07, 2012
Thanks to everyone that has shown great concern over this little girl situation.

One of TeHN committee members; OlowoTee, traveled with queenafric to verify the case today.

We in TeHN are examining her report and all options available to us, as soon as we are through, we shall let you all know our position.

Thanks.

- TeHN
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by queenafric(f): 10:29pm On May 07, 2012
@ifyalways, I apologise for my outburst. Really,what came to my mind after seeing prime suspect in ur post was 'criminal'. I should av re-read it to understand it better. Nne biko ndo o. Abeg no vex.

@idowuogbo and taryour, make una no mind me jawee. I just go bebesco.

@OlowoTee dearie, thanks for ur time today. U are right about d weather being so damn hot that I wonder what people that lives closer to d desert face. Right now, my head is banging wit a terrible headache. Need to retire to bed early. Will make d journey back to Lagos tomorrow. Thanks once more for ur time and patience. Lest I forget, expect d e-bill too..lol.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by taryour(f): 11:33pm On May 07, 2012
queenafric: @ifyalways, I apologise for my outburst. Really,what came to my mind after seeing prime suspect in ur post was 'criminal'. I should av re-read it to understand it better. Nne biko ndo o. Abeg no vex.

@idowuogbo and taryour, make una no mind me jawee. I just go bebesco.

@OlowoTee dearie, thanks for ur time today. U are right about d weather being so damn hot that I wonder what people that lives closer to d desert face. Right now, my head is banging wit a terrible headache. Need to retire to bed early. Will make d journey back to Lagos tomorrow. Thanks once more for ur time and patience. Lest I forget, expect d e-bill too..lol.

very good dear. Dats a good step u took.
@ify,abeg no vex,i beg on her behalf.biko ndo
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 2:13am On May 08, 2012
I dont live in nigeria but my husband and inlaws are from Naija..this really breaks my heart..Poor child!sad I suggest you get in contact with an orphanage..I wish I was in Naija @ this present time I would help the girl.Every Child deserves love protection and stability.I will keep her in my prayers.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nellyd(f): 5:06am On May 08, 2012
moremi2008:

Blah, blah, blah... instead of organizing to protest a thieving, evil government that is depriving MILLIONS of children of basic healthcare, education and nutrition, one woman wants a cheap boost to her ego by "saving" a random unkempt child that lives with her grandmother. Some people just don't think rationally. But of course, it's a free world and she can do as she pleases with her time and money. She came here for opinions and I gave her an educated one. So carry on! Go "save" the "abandoned" pikin and make sure dem no call police on your head for child kidnapping.
u wudnt have been talking like this if u were d one abandoned like that. @ poster,render any help you can affored to, u cud be the help she's be waiting for. God bless u.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Lcoolbabe(f): 5:01am On May 09, 2012
@poster, make sure u do everything to save that child. Its ur calling, God has attach dis child to u thats why u re worried abt her...for d meantime, y not go back there, carry out a little investigation abt her nd her grand mother then u meet d grand mother and from there u will kno if its to tke d child in or to put her in a welfare care.
May God Bless u and give u d strentgh to pursue this. Amen
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Samminixon(m): 5:05am On May 09, 2012
First of all God should bless d person who saw dis lil kid and pasted it, u r a live saver and a kind-hearted being, God will continue to reward u. U shall live to c ur grandchildren!!!
Imagine wat dis world is like. Hw can a person b so callous or let me say so dsperately wicked as to abandon ur child. Some women needs to b punish by God for dis kinda situation, i dont c any reason y a person shud abandon his or her child. May God trouble dat woman or man who did dis to their child, they r trying to lavish away d future of dat child bt i pray God will not allow dat to hapin and as d case may b God will continue to flourish d life of d man dat saw dat lil kiddo. However a mad woman cannot abandon her child, more or less a sane person just imagine dat act of cruelty d parents of dat chilld has. D person who saw dis child as u r trying to help dis chid my God will c u tru in all ur endeavours and dose dat r trying to stop u beware bewarned cus if God mean dem their life go go sloppy!!!
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 5:18am On May 09, 2012
ifyalways: I want you to know that adding or not adding the pictures won't convince an unbeliveing mind to do anything to help. Moreso,you are placing that girl in danger by posting her picture online without her face masked to atleast hide her identity. Be well aware that if that girl goes missing(heavens forbid)you'd be the prime suspect.
Tehn has been in touch with you and are finalizing procedures and legalities to go with you, meet the girls people and find out the best way to help the girl.
Anyway, its your call at the end of the day, handle it anyway you deem fit. I'm speaking as me and not as tehn representative.
Bless you!

This is the kind of yeye nonsense that has waylaid Nigerias growth.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by WhoIGoAsk: 5:31am On May 09, 2012
sad
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by sunky644(m): 6:11am On May 09, 2012
God bless you sis, just try your best in ensuring that you help the poor girl get to safe hands.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Mbechun007: 6:43am On May 09, 2012
I've always been a passive NL reader, visiting the site, reading the threads and having a good laugh. Today I've decided to talk.

Queenafric, God bless you for caring. Even if it stopped at you just giving her cash, it would've been good enough; and yet you want to do more? You just secured your future; nothing of this sort can ever befall you or yours for generations to come. Nigeria is a better place because of people like you.

I would like to have an update on your trip and what you found out? Please keep us posted yeah?

@ Moremi2008, while others are quick to condemn you. I wish to take a different route. Just reading your comment and your response to those who replied you made me wonder: What happened to you to make you think the way you do? I read your comments and they are so full of bile, bitterness, pessimism, self-centredness and an apathy I'm yet to witness anywhere else. Who hurt you so bad that you can't even reach out in spirit to this poor poor child? You're lashing out and all it does is reveal your insecurity and lack of the basic ingredients that make humans what they are...I know you have a story and a sad one at that. It's draped all over your comments. You outlook is warped, your way of thinking is twisted. The way you talk, I wonder how those who live with and around you get by...Get help and fast. I recommend you read 'Emotional Intelligence' by Gare Coleman. It will help you, trust me.

You're welcome smiley

P.s-I hope no offence was taken cos none was intended grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Idowuogbo(f): 6:58am On May 09, 2012
Mbechun007:

@ Moremi2008, while others are quick to condemn you. I wish to take a different route. Just reading your comment and your response to those who replied you made me wonder: What happened to you to make you think the way you do? I read your comments and they are so full of bile, bitterness, pessimism, self-centredness and an apathy I'm yet to witness anywhere else. Who hurt you so bad that you can't even reach out in spirit to this poor poor child? You're lashing out and all it does is reveal your insecurity and lack of the basic ingredients that make humans what they are...I know you have a story and a sad one at that. It's draped all over your comments. You outlook is warped, your way of thinking is twisted. The way you talk, I wonder how those who live with and around you get by...Get help and fast. I recommend you read 'Emotional Intelligence' by Gare Coleman. It will help you, trust me.

You're welcome smiley

P.s-I hope no offence was taken cos none was intended grin

Lmao!!!! Mr counsellor in d block!

Emmmh.... Me thinks u rite, Moremi get skon skon.U wud also b saving a life by attending to him. grin grin
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 7:15am On May 09, 2012
armyofone: now this is the problem! Mind your business and leave her that way?
common! at least chip in a good word of someone reaching out to the old woman the lil girl stays with.

this little girl can easily fall prey to pedo/child molestors/ra.pist.

being malnourished and unkept calls for others to be their neigbor's keepers don't you think so?
yanga dey sleep trouble wan wake am. After u go say witch dey worry u. U no go rest.
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 7:49am On May 09, 2012
thats naija for u. if it was in other countries were children are valued, the wicked mother and careless granny would have been cooling off in prison.leaving a child like dat could attract ritualists or kidnappers.may God save our children!
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by Nobody: 8:05am On May 09, 2012
In my head...I av a Scam alert sensor....And the sensor just came on...I sha hope we wouldn't be asked to make donations to a bank account soon..If u rily want to help children I'll rather go thru unicef or orphanages or registered NGOs where I knw my money will be put to good use. The best thing that can be done for this girl is to connect her to a good NGO
Re: Please Help Ayomide - An Abandoned Child by AlusiOkija: 8:43am On May 09, 2012
I think that this girl should have been used as a case study.

I am not too big on this but if we get like 5 people in their state to take their Blackberry/Iphones/Android phones and walk around and film, take still pictures and basically document the daily life of one or two of these street kids, we could hand it over to one of our Nairalanders here who could make a documentary that we could share to the world on the plight of the African child. These Politicians are busy stealing billions of Naira and Dollars, and then the senate president only remembers on his birthday to take a few bags of rice to one orphanage home, give them like 3,000 dollars (500,000 Naira), call NTA, Channels T.V and AIT to witness his 24hrs generosity/charitable work and then returns to his mansion and a comfortable bed at the end of the day and loots over 30,000 dollars the next day to recover what he just paid.

Oyedepo is busy buying jets in the name of evangelising to other countries when there are starving children in Ogun State where he has his Multi-billion Naira University, where he is planning on building his multi-billion dollar housing project for the rich, meanwhile a kid like this is barely a few hundred kilometer from him. He prolly drives past her in his fleet of luxury cars abd has his head to high up in the cloud to notice her miserable existence.

I am willing.

If Nairaland Charity wants to get serious, I am more than willing. It would be our own project. Save the future project. 1 child, 1 camera... Film and take as much pictures as you can. Interviews, and all. Then lets show this to the world. AL-jezzera and CNN would be more than glad to air it. I am not even advocating an NGO that solicits for money, but rather a stab at the government. What are they doing about this.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Court Marries Off Two Women In Jigawa Despite Father’s Objection / Why I Prefer My Husband To Slap Me…adaeze Yobo / My Wife Wants To Leave Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.