Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,310 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church (34263 Views)

Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel / Living Faith Church Has Six Million Members Across 147 Countries – Oyedepo / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Boomark:
Concerning the catholics, am not concerned about the people but what they are practicing. If you you love Christ, i will say your making sense but if you say you want to pick Him..., i will not join u on that. So its not about you.

Okay, you that loves Christ that Catholics don't love. Can you please help me ask this Apostolic Faith people if their Church can possibly be wrong on any of its teachings?

Don't be a hypocrite like them o. You know your beloved Jesus dislikes hypocrites. Look at what he told them in Matthew 23.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Zikkyy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
salt 1:
Mal 3:10
Bring ye all the tithes...that they may be meat in mine house...saith the LORD
I am not giving tithes to my pastor. I am giving it to God in His house where it will be used for orphans and widows and support those that are Levites(the fulltime people working in the different depts to preach,publish and pray for the work).

@salt 1, i am not contesting your decision to render a tenth of your earnings to your church (for the purpose of helping the orphans, widows e.t.c), that's between you and God. Honestly, i think it is a good thing. If your intentions are sincere, i believe God will continue to bless you for it. What i want you to take away is to stop seeing your actions as an attempt to fulfill Malachi 3:10. That teaching is poison designed by pastors to create fear & greed in man. As noted in my first response to you, God does not desire tithe from Gentiles. The requirement in Malachi 3:10 refers to God definition of his tithe in Leviticus 27:30-33 and how he instructed the tithe be paid in Numbers 18:21-31 and Deuteronomy 14:22-29 (read: God defined gave his definition of the tithe that is sacred to him; he did not say a tenth of anything, he said a tithe/tenth of the produce from the land and it is this same (tithe-able) items he defined the beneficiaries in Numbers & Deuteronomy. God did not say "pay your tithe into the storehouse", He said pay the tithe i defined in Leviticus 27 to the Levite who in turn will render their tithe to the High Priest. We know a good portion of the tithed items ended up in the store house for storage & distribution purposes only. The Jewish Christian did not tithe to Jesus or the Apostles, that would be contrary to the law. Only Leves received tithe, so tithe must go to the temple with a Levi high priest presiding. Tithe ended the day the priesthood was changed.

You should note also that the Israelite did not practice Abrahamic type tithe (i.e. rendering a tithe/tenth of war loot to the high priest) as your pastor would advise. Tithing is not just giving a tenth of anything. If you want to fulfill the biblical tithing command, you must perform it as stated in the bible, otherwise give your tenth because you want to (and not because the bible says you should).

1 Like

Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Zikkyy(m): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2012
ijawkid:

Why are you so funny??.....

I never knew alexleo was an atilogwu dancer...lmao

My brother, na so i see am smiley
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by truthislight: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2012
salt 1:

Truthislight, where is the passage in the book of Hebrews?
Many of the OT laws were not done away by Jesus: He raised the standard higher. Check out His definitions of adultery, murder, and retaliation.
Sometimes when people don't pay tithes to God, they pay it some where else.

you did not give reason why you people doNT do animal sacrifice again, abi do you? Pls explain.

About Hebrews 7, you really meant you red it but did not get it?

Try again here :

"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:" (Hebrews 7:5).
"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:8..
)
"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law." (Hebrews 7:12).
^^^
maybe you have a command to tith in the NT like it was in the OT.

And in the NT men that die still collect tith like the levi that do die.

And it is a must that you keep performing animal sacrifice because you can not keep part of the law and leave. Such is the reason for a curse.

If you dont do animal sacrifice you have to give a reason also here if you are a honest person.
Peace.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 9:00pm On Nov 16, 2012
italo:

Okay, you that loves Christ that Catholics don't love. Can you please help me ask this Apostolic Faith people if their Church can possibly be wrong on any of its teachings?

Don't be a hypocrite like them o. You know your beloved Jesus dislikes hypocrites. Look at what he told them in Matthew 23.

Not until you identify the areas where they go wrong, you can't call them hypocrites.

So alexleo or salt 1 answer him the bolded question.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
truthislight:

you did not give reason why you people doNT do animal sacrifice again, abi do you? Pls explain.

About Hebrews 7, you really meant you red it but did not get it?

Try again here :

"And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:" (Hebrews 7:5).
"And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth." (Hebrews 7:cool.
"For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law." (Hebrews 7:12).

^^^
maybe you have a command to tith in the NT like it was in the OT.

And in the NT men that die still collect tith like the levi that do die.

And it is a must that you keep performing animal sacrifice because you can not keep part of the law and leave. Such is the reason for a curse.

If you dont do animal sacrifice you have to give a reason also here if you are a honest person.
Peace.

The bolded is for those that read malachi. Those that don't know when the ship they are sailing on left them.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 9:50am On Nov 17, 2012
Boomark:

Not until you identify the areas where they go wrong, you can't call them hypocrites.

So alexleo or salt 1 answer him the bolded question.

We are not wrong. I ve told him the same thing you told him to point out where he thinks we wre wrong and support it with the bible but he hasnt been able to do that.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 10:00am On Nov 17, 2012
Zikkyy:
I really don't see how you want me to believe you are serious. Anyhow, see your report card below:

alexleo 0 : 1 italo (final score)

CASE CLOSED angry

Sorry, am not in contest with anybody. We are just discussing so you are on your own with your so called report card.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 10:19am On Nov 17, 2012
alexleo:

We are not wrong. I ve told him the same thing you told him to point out where he thinks we wre wrong and support it with the bible but he hasnt been able to do that.

I understand where you are going. But he wants to know if there is a POSSIBILITY that at least one of their teachings might be wrong or are they all the right teachings.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 11:54am On Nov 17, 2012
Boomark:

I understand where you are going. But he wants to know if there is a POSSIBILITY that at least one of their teachings might be wrong or are they all the right teachings.

All their teachings are right and bible based.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by salt1: 5:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
[quote author=italo]

The word "HYPOCRITE" is written all over you.

I am asking: CAN YOUR CHURCH BE WRONG?

You are saying : SHOW ME WHERE WE ARE WRONG.

I am not even judging your "church" to be wrong, but you seem to be judging your "church" to be wrong already.

Italo, can we be as civil as possible? That you don't share another person's belief system shouldn't make you label him a hypocrite. I don't even see you as one, just an honest seeker after truth.
Now to your questions:
[color=#770077][/color]
Can the Bible doctrines taught by the Apostolic Faith church be wrong?: NO! They are Bible doctrines

Is the bread and wine offered at Holy Communion the literal body of Jesus? Matt 26: 26-28
Jesus took bread (not His arm or leg), and blessed it,(which didn't change it from being bread) and brake it and gave it to His disciples and said Take, eat; this is my body
V27: And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them saying Drink ye all of it
v28 For this is my blood of the new testament
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
Italo you don hear wetin alex tok.

My own Question is: do they believe in trinity?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by ijawkid(m): 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
Boomark: Italo you don hear wetin alex tok.

Erm!!....wahala go dey for this question o...

You know na...lol...
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 10:37pm On Nov 17, 2012
Boomark: Italo you don hear wetin alex tok.

Yes we believe in trinity.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 12:12am On Nov 18, 2012
ijawkid:

Erm!!....wahala go dey for this question o...

You know na...lol...

grin

No be small one o.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 12:19am On Nov 18, 2012
alexleo:

Yes we believe in trinity.

From the OP, i noticed that AFC is better than most of the churches we have around.

But trinity is a wrong teaching and not bible based.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 3:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
alexleo:

In order words, your Church is infallible! - the same thing I have seen you accuse the Catholic Church of.

Also you are, in effect, infallibly saying that all the possibly hundreds of thousands of "churches" and millions of "non-denominational 'christians'" that teach something or anything contrary to what "The Apostolic Faith Church" teaches, based on their own interpretation of the Bible are all fallible and they are teaching error (at least one).

Who appointed "The Apostolic Faith Church" as the authentic interpreter of the Bible and teacher of God's truth?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by obalola7: 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2012
italo:

In order words, your Church is infallible! - the same thing I have seen you accuse the Catholic Church of.

Also you are, in effect, infallibly saying that all the possibly hundreds of thousands of "churches" and millions of "non-denominational 'christians'" that teach something or anything contrary to what "The Apostolic Faith Church" teaches, based on their own interpretation of the Bible are all fallible and they are teaching error (at least one).

Who appointed "The Apostolic Faith Church" as the authentic interpreter of the Bible and teacher of God's truth?

Do you need to be appointed for authenticating or characterizing honesty, truthfulness and discipline Nigeria?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
salt 1: Italo, can we be as civil as possible? That you don't share another person's belief system shouldn't make you label him a hypocrite. I don't even see you as one, just an honest seeker after truth.

My dear friend. What do you call a person who pretends to be open to discuss his faith in honesty fitting of a Christian but is actually and consistently bent on dodging questions put to him because answering them honestly will put him in difficult situation?

I can easily deal with a murderer, adulterer, drunkard, etc but I cannot cope with hypocrites. I'm sure Jesus would have liked to remained civil too but look what hypocrites made him say in Matthew 23. Even if you called me a hypocrite, it wouldn't upset me, what would worry me is if you cannot prove that I'm being hypocritical when I ask you to.

salt 1: Now to your questions:
[color=#770077][/color]
Can the Bible doctrines taught by the Apostolic Faith church be wrong?: NO! They are Bible doctrines

This seems a complete u-turn from what you said earlier.

Anyway my response to Alexleo above would be applicable to this your new position.

salt 1: Is the bread and wine offered at Holy Communion the literal body of Jesus? Matt 26: 26-28
Jesus took bread (not His arm or leg), and blessed it,(which didn't change it from being bread) and brake it and gave it to His disciples and said Take, eat; this is my body
V27: And He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them saying Drink ye all of it
v28 For this is my blood of the new testament

Again, you have deliberately dodged my question. You pretend as if you don't know the question I asked you. Tell me now, is this not hypocrisy? I will repeat:

When Jesus said "unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you,"

What did he mean by "flesh"?

What did he mean by "blood"?

Tell me, are these questions not simple enough?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 7:19am On Nov 20, 2012
italo:

I simply pointed out some catholic teachings that are not bible based. Point out the ones u think are not bible based in my church. Any teaching that is not bible based is dangerous.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by alexleo(m): 7:22am On Nov 20, 2012
Boomark:

From the OP, i noticed that AFC is better than most of the churches we have around.

But trinity is a wrong teaching and not bible based.

Trinity simply means God the father, Son and Holy Spirit being one and its in the bible.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by PastorKun(m): 7:56am On Nov 20, 2012
alexleo:

Trinity simply means God the father, Son and Holy Spirit being one and its in the bible.

That's a lie, trinity or the concept of trinity is NOT in the bible. Trinity actually contradicts scriptural truths.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Oahray: 8:04am On Nov 20, 2012
alexleo:

Trinity isnt Biblical. By the way trinitarians seem to differ on the details. Some say they are manifestations of one God... Others say they are distinct and separate. They however seem to agree on their equality, which is against Bible teachings.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2012
alexleo:
I simply pointed out some catholic teachings that are not bible based.

One of the things you pointed out as "not Bible based" is the Catholic teaching of the infallibility of the Church, but now you claim that The Apostolic Faith Church is infallible. Is this hypocrisy or not?

Point out the ones u think are not bible based in my church. Any teaching that is not bible based is dangerous.

Let me point out ONE for now. The teaching that the Bible is the final authority and that all Christian teachings should be Bible based is not "Bible based" (not in the Bible). Because the Bible was compiled and created almost 400 years after Jesus died and there were already Christian teachings before then. The Bible does not even say that we should read the Bible. The Bible does not even say that Jesus told his apostles to make a Bible. The Bible doesn't mention "Bible", so where does your Church get the book or even the word from? St. Paul say in 2Thess 2:15 "Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." But what does your Church do? It only tries to stand fast and hold the traditions that have been taught by letter but abandons the ones taught by word of mouth. You can see that your Church is going contrary to what St. Paul said under the inspiration of The Holy Spirit, yet it claims to be under the inspiration of the same Holy Spirit.

And still, I humbly demand an answer to my question:

WHO APPOINTED "THE APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH" AS THE AUTHENTIC INTERPRETER OF THE BIBLE for all the other hundreds of thousands of "churches" that teach something different based on their own interpretation of the Bible, and where does the Bible say that?

That is another teaching of your "church" that is not in the Bible, unless you can show me.

I thought by now you would have changed this dubious and unchristian attitude of dodging questions.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2012
obalola7:
Do you need to be appointed for authenticating or characterizing honesty, truthfulness and discipline Nigeria?

Yes, you do need to be appointed by an authority to be able to decide what's right and wrong for other people.

When it comes to the Bible, why should one man think that his interpretation of the Bible is true and that of every other person that is different from his is false?

He has to have been appointed by an authority.

Which authority appointed the Apostolic Faith Church?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Boomark(m): 9:25am On Nov 20, 2012
alexleo:

Yes they are all one just as the body of Christ(church) is also one with Christ. Trinity can't define that oneness.

So your church believe that they have one God who is the Father?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Zikkyy(m): 9:39am On Nov 20, 2012
alexleo:

You had to disown your church before responding to italo, why na?

alexleo:

I simply pointed out some catholic teachings that are not bible based. Point out the ones u think are not bible based in my church. Any teaching that is not bible based is dangerous.

I think you need to explain what you mean by 'teachings that are not bible based', otherwise it will be interpreted to mean teachings not written in the bible. You cannot say that because you will be relying on a 'teaching that is also not bible based' to make this assertion.

But if you are trying to say teachings not supported by the bible, you will make more sense. That is not saying you are right or wrong sha.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 10:05am On Nov 20, 2012
Zikkyy:
You had to disown your church before responding to italo, why na?

I told you the man is just a dishonest man.

First, he and Salt 1 were sounding like they could teach wrong, then when I pointed out the implication of that, they quickly switched and said they cannot teach wrong.

Even the Pharisees that Jesus repeatedly called "hypocrites" will look at these guys and fear them.
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by Zikkyy(m): 10:24am On Nov 20, 2012
italo:
The teaching that the Bible is the final authority and that all Christian teachings should be Bible based is not "Bible based" (not in the Bible). Because the Bible was compiled and created almost 400 years after Jesus died and there were already Christian teachings before then. The Bible does not even say that we should read the Bible. The Bible does not even say that Jesus told his apostles to make a Bible. The Bible doesn't mention "Bible", so where does your Church get the book or even the word from?

True talk.

italo:
And still, I humbly demand an answer to my question:

WHO APPOINTED "THE APOSTOLIC FAITH CHURCH" AS THE AUTHENTIC INTERPRETER OF THE BIBLE for all the other hundreds of thousands of "churches" that teach something different based on their own interpretation of the Bible, and where does the Bible say that?

That is another teaching of your "church" that is not in the Bible, unless you can show me.

This going to be a difficult question. Don't expect an answer. I think am beginning to agree with ogoamaka that it is a matter of personal/(pastoral) opinion grin though ogoamaka does not know what he/she is talking about angry and that's my opinion cool
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by obalola7: 10:30am On Nov 20, 2012
italo:

Yes, you do need to be appointed by an authority to be able to decide what's right and wrong for other people.

When it comes to the Bible, why should one man think that his interpretation of the Bible is true and that of every other person that is different from his is false?

He has to have been appointed by an authority.

Which authority appointed the Apostolic Faith Church?

You are funny.. remember many are called but few are chosen. The higher authority would be God, if you would want them to refer to an authority
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by italo: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2012
obalola7:

You are funny.. remember many are called but few are chosen.

I don't understand what this has to do with what we are discussing.

The higher authority would be God, if you would want them to refer to an authority

Are you answering for them that God actually made them the authentic interpreter of scripture for the whole world and teacher of his true doctrine? (So that I can keep asking you the other questions I would direct to them)

Or are you just guessing that God MIGHT have given the Apostolic Faith Church authority to interprete the Bible for the whole world and teach the true doctrine?
Re: Apostolic Faith Church: Na Wa For This Kind Church by obalola7: 3:47pm On Nov 20, 2012
italo:

Are you answering for them that God actually made them the authentic interpreter of scripture for the whole world and teacher of his true doctrine? (So that I can keep asking you the other questions I would direct to them)

Or are you just guessing that God MIGHT have given the Apostolic Faith Church authority to interprete the Bible for the whole world and teach the true doctrine?

I am not guessing, but will like to elaborate on the issue of authorization. There were many disciples that were called in the time of Jesus, but many left except the 12 and eventually one also left due to greed and later Paul filled the place for Judas. The preaching of the twelve disciples are different from each other, but carry the same content. While other church might be preaching holiness, some might preach it and radicalized it.

So what i am saying is that, Apostolic Faith might be one of the disciple church with authority from Heave capably of preaching and radicalizing it, however, Apostolic Faith might still also be striving for perfection, because, no entity on this earth is perfect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo's Family Picture / Gay, Jide Macaulay To Be Ordained An Anglican Priest In The Church Of England / The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.