Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) (49662 Views)

Who Are The Current Hottest Romance -land Couples? / Romance Section Battles 1. / Jagged Edge (romance, Fiction) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 17, 2012
“Why have you been avoiding my calls?” Shade asked when she heard his voice on the other end of the phone.

“Hi Shade, how are you?” Eric greeted.

“I am fine thank you. I called you over a hundred times Eric…” Shade started to complain as she put on her blood-red lipstick.

“I’ve been busy Shade, I’m sorry.” Eric said, not allowing her finish her statement.

“This excuse of being busy is getting old and boring, please try something new.” She said, as she looked indecisively at her eye shadow palette to pick out a color that’d suit her outfit.

“I am serious…” His conviction was weak and the doubt in his voice could be heard from miles away.

“Okay, why didn’t you come back the other day as you promised? It’s been over a week since you dropped my wristwatch off and you didn’t think to call me?”

“Well Shade, like I said earlier, I have been busy with work. I planned to come over tomorrow being Saturday. Since that’s like the only day I am free.”

Shade was unrelenting. She didn’t buy any of all he’d said. “Your attitude towards me had changed since I told you I was pregnant. Eric, I need you now more than ever and this recent nonchalant behavior of yours is totally off from what I expect of you.”

Eric was taken aback by the word ‘pregnant’ just as he’d been when she first told him. ”You still want to keep the baby? Shade we went over this that day, you can’t have this child.”

“I am keeping the baby and yes, I would have the child.” Shade smirked lousily. She knew she had gotten that edge she’d been craving since the inception of their relationship.

“Shade, I said no! When would you start thinking like the educated woman that you are, and not like a dummy?” Annoyance resounded in Eric’s cold and electrifying voice.

“I can’t think, that’s why I want you to help me do my thinking. I am all packed and set to spend the weekend at your place and I would be leaving here in a couple of minutes.” Her fruity fragrance filled the room as she puffed her perfume twice on her neck.

“No! What is wrong with you? You cannot come today.” Eric warned briskly.

“Why?” Shade asked in a very composed manner. “Why can’t I go to your house today?”

“Same old reason! Your sister plans to spend the entire weekend with me.”

“Can’t you tell her that you would not be available?” Shade knew whatever ideas she’d bring up wouldn’t count, but she loved ruffling Eric up, hence her annoying and persistent suggestions.

“My availability is out of the question as you know already. That’s a norm and agreement between us; she spends most weekends with me.”

“Then modify that agreement just this once. Do it for me Eric, please.”

“Shade, why are you acting like a child; why are you being so irrational?”

“Eric, why are you being so partial?” She asked in return.

“Oh don’t be ridiculous.” Eric scolded.

“Anyway, I’d see you later this evening. There is nothing you would say to stop me from seeing you today. Love you plenty. Won’t you tell me you love me too?”
Eric hung up.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by mashnino(m): 1:57pm On May 17, 2012
Anyway, I’d see you later this evening. There is nothing you would say to stop me from seeing you today. Love you plenty. Won’t you tell me you love me too?”
Eric hung up

laff wan kill me
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Tinkybabe(f): 3:09pm On May 17, 2012
chai shocked!yawa go gas today.
Fourcade:

Touch not my Bukky smiley....she just wants to be the second wife.Isn't there Love in sharing undecided
I bet you wish you were in Tunde's shoes..nyanshing two sisters under the same roof..love in sharing ko hatred in witholding ni grin
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Fourcade(m): 4:24pm On May 17, 2012
Tinkybabe: chai shocked!yawa go gas today.
I bet you wish you were in Tunde's shoes..nyanshing two sisters under the same roof..love in sharing ko hatred in witholding ni grin
Wouldn't like to be in Tunde's shoes o...forget the nyashing! the risk is far more than the benefits undecided.

Yes ooo...yawa go gas today. grin grin grin
* * *expecting***
Punching, hair-pulling,
cursing and Bosoms hanging out grin
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 17, 2012
^ LOL @ Hair pulling.
There should be some of that, I believe.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to update until much later today.

@Everyone, thanks for reading. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by bukatyne(f): 4:39pm On May 17, 2012
@naijasexy: bravo, u have done it again! i stil don't believe dat bukky should be allowed to 'officially' have tunde b'cos of her blackmail! dupe's family such hold a family meeting n talk to tunde. whatever d outcome, dupe ll have peace. i ve never believed in blackmail! soon bukky ll want to be married to tunde, be his only wife etc! tunde ll soon know something is wrong when bukky openly flirts wit him in front of dupe (b'cos she ll) n dupe does nothing!
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Olumogun: 4:45pm On May 17, 2012
Very interesting.
Trying to look at the educational side of your story.
please keep the story coming.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 17, 2012
That family is so twisted
chei cant imagine what's gonna happen next

1 Like

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Jalal(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2012
Dis family na wa!
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by justmenoni: 4:11am On May 18, 2012
I don refresh this page over 100 times since last night,how i wish naijasexy could be uploading 10 series at a time lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by davestead(m): 6:40am On May 18, 2012
That was so great from you dear sexy, your tales always turns out interesting. Still cant believe Bukky could ask that kind of thing from her sister who against all odds, decided to shelter her in her matrimonial home. Wow! Keep it up dear.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by guru35: 6:49am On May 18, 2012
Dope

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:00am On May 18, 2012
“It’s just 5pm.” Eny said, when they had gotten in. “That’s a record considering the fact that you never come early.”

“I know babe, I know.” Eric replied. “Being early never hurts right?” He jested.

Eniola smiled at him. “I am sorry; I didn’t know you would come before time. I guess I better hasten up and get ready.”

Eric caught her before she could scamper off. “No dear, there is no need for that, I mean, no need for you to rush or anything.”

She averted her eyes from him and took a short stare at her bare legs. “Why, you want me to come with you in a spaghetti blouse and bum shorts?”

“Not exactly Eny. Can you come to my house next week instead?” “I don’t think this week is a good time to come dear.” Eric was talking with the sweetest tone he could muster.

Enragement flashed in Eny’s eyes. “Next week? Why the sudden change of mind? Why next week?”

“I’ve got some office work I need to attend to at home and I need utter quiet.” Eric insisted. He found it hard to look her in the eye while lying through his teeth, so he focused his eyes on the wall behind her instead.

“It feels so good to know that I have the supernatural ability to distract you.” She said, lifting herself to plant a kiss on his lips. “But I promise to steer clear of your way until you are done with whatever office work you would be doing.”

He knew this would be hard. I should have thought of a better excuse, he thought. “Eny, try to understand me. I can’t work efficiently when you are around me. Next week is just 7 days away and those 7 days would roll by before you know it. Please?”

“How about I spend the night today and leave tomorrow evening, that way you have the whole of Sunday to attend to other things besides me.” Eny suggested.

“We can do it the other way around. I can come pick you up tomorrow evening and you can stay until Monday morning. How does that sound?”

“That does not sit well with me. I want to be with you tonight. I have missed you badly Eric. Why do you always push me away?” Perhaps making him feel guilty would cause him to change his mind, Eny thought, as she tightened her throat to stifle a giggle.

“Eny, don’t go that way with me please, not this time. You know I am not pushing you away, that is such an outrageous claim to make. I just need you to…”

“No.” She protested, holding her hand up. “ I would go with you today and come back home tomorrow. There’s no need over flogging this issue.”

“Eny…”

“No, no, no. I am coming with you whether you want it or not. You just sit here while I change out of these clothes.” She said pointing to her white spaghetti top. “Or you can come inside the room if you want.” She called from the doorway.

Eric’s bladder suddenly became full as he thought about what would happen if Eny met Shade at his house. Shade had not called to inform him that she had gotten to his place, but she never did anyway, since she had a spare key. He didn’t want to spark up suspicion in Eny; otherwise, he’d creep out of the house and run off while she changed.

He’d met his doom. He’d heard tales about how shameful fights between sisters, over a man, usually were, but he never anticipated that a battle line would be drawn for his sake- at least not this soon. This wasn’t something he was looking forward to.

“Eric, I am ready o. Just give me two seconds to wear my lip gloss, I would be right out.” Eny called from inside.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by ronkeve(f): 10:18am On May 18, 2012
shocked shocked...Eric grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by ceej24: 10:35am On May 18, 2012
Big trouble for Eric i wonder who he will choose between these two stuborn sisters. Well done NS.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:43am On May 18, 2012
dis eric is a fucking dull guy..
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 10:45am On May 18, 2012
@naijasexy... i love d way d story is goin.. interesting
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:20am On May 18, 2012
I luv reading ur stories more ink 2 ur pen and again pls come and complete dis story
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Fourcade(m): 11:31am On May 18, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 11:33am On May 18, 2012
“Bukola!” Mama Shade called her daughter who had decided to spend the weekend with her.

Bukky sat upright on her mother’s bed as she answered her name. “Yes mama?”

“Bukky, how many times have I called you?” Her mother who was seated right next to her asked.

She wasn’t sure if the question was rhetorical or if it demanded an answer. “You have called me twice so far mummy.” Bukky replied slowly.

“My daughter,” She took Bukky’s palms in hers and squeezed them. “Why have you decided to disgrace us like this?”

Bukky looked confusedly at her mum’s winkling face. “Disgrace you?” She let out a deep breath when she caught her mother’s drift. Disengaging her hands from her mum’s, she screamed. “Oooh Mama, not again. This is becoming a bore please, not again.”

“Bukky, Bukky, listen to me.” Her mum pleaded. “You need a change of heart. Some of the things you do are nothing short of evil and you need to stop.”

She knew she’d be throwing her mum out of her comfort zone when she pestered her with issues relating to her own marriage, so she decided to give it a shot.
“Mummy, let me ask you an earnest question. Why did you go ahead to marry dad even though you knew he was happily married to another woman?” Bukky challenged.

Bukky’s mum squeezed her eyes shut upon hearing her daughter’s query and then opened right before she answered. “Our cases are very dissimilar Bukky. You can’t compare the circumstances that compelled me to marry your father to the ones surrounding the case between you and Dupe. They are incomparable.”

Bukky blinked at her mother in a way that reflected mockery. She was going to tell her mum to remove the log in her eye before removing the speck in another person’s eye, but she changed her mind.
“Mama, please don’t take this the wrong way, but you have no right to judge me. If you could marry another woman’s husband, then I should be allowed to marry one for myself. At the end of the day, we are both guilty of the same sin.” She retorted coldly.

She was miffed by Bukky’s utterances but she decided to keep her cool. “Bukky, I married your dad with the consent of Mama Dupe.” Bukky’s mother huffed. “ If she hadn’t approved of our union, as is the case with you and Dupe, I would have stayed away.”

“But I love him, I really do. These are emotions we are talking about here mum, there’s only little I can do to help it.”

“Your own man would come, Bukky. You are young, pretty and vibrant. Why are you chasing after another woman’s property when I am sure that there are a thousand other men chasing after you?”

Bukky cackled dramatically after mum’s words. “Who said there are other men chasing after me? It seems like you don’t understand my frustration mum.” She said, still laughing.

“Well maybe if you had an attitude change, you wouldn’t be so repulsive to the opposite sex. Bukky, listen to your mother for once, would you?”

“I have always listened to you---“ Bukky’s protest was cut short by her mum’s firm voice.

“No you haven’t always listened to me Bukky. You are so strong-headed and controlling, and always want everything to be done your way.” She paused to catch her breath and continued. “I don’t see this ending on a good note Bukky. If you pursue this desire of yours, you’d be brewing the perfect recipe for disaster.”

“When that disaster comes, we would handle it accordingly. My mind is made up mum. Come hell or high water, Uncle Tunde would be mine.”

For the first time since the beginning of their conversation, mama Bukky managed a laugh, albeit a disappointed one. “You are not even ashamed of yourself. You call somebody UNCLE and you still want to get with him. Do you now see the extent of your senselessness?”

“Mama, stop taunting me. Ah! Is it not okay?”

“I would keep taunting you until you change your mind.” Her voice was cemented with determination and strong will. “There are no two ways about this. It’s either the right way, or no way.”

“Okay o, keep trying now. Let’s see who gets tired first.”

“May God deliver you Bukky.” Mama Bukky shook her head. She wasn’t sure if the pity she felt was as much for her daughter, as it was for herself.

“Yes ooo!” Bukky exclaimed. “ May God deliver us all.”
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Whizkay(m): 12:00pm On May 18, 2012
Dis wud be a test of tunde's love for dupe, cos ha sin of bringing anoda child dats not tunde's is out of love and the desperation to be wif him, nd as for dat bukky...is it d indian spell book dat is givn ha liver or wah, mstcheew ..NONSENSE...@naijasexy, gud work nd ON TO THE NEXT ONE!
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Jalal(m): 3:36pm On May 18, 2012
@sexy great story. Am a bit confused, are Dupe and Bukky from the same mother? Cos u referred to Mama Dupe as Bukky's mother.....or is it a typo?
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 18, 2012
“Why are you parking here?” Eniola asked when the car grinded to a halt, “It’s getting late, we should hurry.”

Eric unbuckled his seatbelt as he answered. “Just give me a second; I need to use their bathroom.”

“You must have drunk a hundred gallons of water.” Eniola said, more as a frippery than as a fact. “You have peed almost four times since the start of this journey.”

Eric leaned over to her side and took out his wallet from the glove compartment. “I would be right back,” he said, as the doorman of the restaurant where he’d parked approached their car. “I won’t stay long.”

“Hey, don’t you need your phone?” Eniola shouted to him when he was halfway between his car and the entrance of the restaurant. “You forgot it.” She said, waving the phone at him.

“No, I don’t need it. I am only going in to pee Eniola.” Eric retorted angrily, quickening his pace as he palmed the doorman some Naira notes and headed in.

Eny turned the key in the ignition and the car stereo came to life. She was nodding her head in appreciation of the music that blared out of the radio while mouthing the words of the song that played. She looked at Eric’s phone and smiled.

‘I am the luckiest girl in the world.’ She soliloquized, when she saw her face plastered on the screen of his phone. He had used her picture as both his wallpaper and screensaver.

She threw the phone back into the glove compartment and reclined the chair to ease the strain on her back. They’d been driving for two hours, a journey that usually took only thirty minutes. Eric had stopped at the grocery store and spent more time shopping that she would, he’d decided that that evening was the best time to get a haircut, not to mention his numerous stops to pee. She yawned from tiredness as she reached to retrieve Eric’s phone from the glove compartment when she heard it ring.

She hated reading his messages as she was scared that she could stumble upon information that she didn’t want to see. ‘Read your boyfriend’s messages at your own peril.’ Her housemate Felicia would always say, but she was tempted to open it when the phone rang again. Another message had come in.

She craned her neck to see if Eric was in sight and when she saw no traces of him, she unlocked the keypad to reveal the messages. The first one was from a work colleague asking him about a football match. Eny scoffed. She couldn’t be less bothered about it. Soccer was one of the many things she could never get herself to like. She scrolled onto the next message and perused it in a rush. This is probably why I fail most of my exams, she thought. I never take time to read anything.

She went over the message two more times and gradually it made sense. ‘Honey, where are you now, I am waiting at home. Kisses ~~ Shade.”

Eny covered her mouth with her free palm. Now she knew why Eric had wanted her not to accompany him to the house and also why he was dillydallying, and making unnecessary stops. He’d ensconced another woman in his house; while he fed her seamless lies that could make the devil feel incompetent.

Eny re-read the message and replied. “I would be home soon sweetie. Love you.”

Almost immediately, she got another reply. “Love you too.”

Whoever this Shade was, she would know when she got home. As for Eric, she would pretend as though she did not see anything and flaunt her impeccable smile at him when he returned from his pee break.

She sat upright when she saw him in view, and he reversed slowly out of the parking lot, as the resumed their journey home.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 18, 2012
Jalal: @sexy great story. Am a bit confused, are Dupe and Bukky from the same mother? Cos u referred to Mama Dupe as Bukky's mother.....or is it a typo?

I can't seem to find the part you are talking about. It would be great if you could quote just that part so that I could correct it if I made a mistake.

They are from different mothers though.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Jalal(m): 3:43pm On May 18, 2012
naijasexy:
“May God deliver you Bukky.” Mama Dupe shook her head. She wasn’t sure if the pity she felt was as much for her daughter, as it was for herself.

“Yes ooo!” Bukky exclaimed. “ May God deliver us all.”
^^^
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 18, 2012
^Pheew! Thanks for the observation. cheesy
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Jalal(m): 3:48pm On May 18, 2012
^^No wahala!
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by psyqs(m): 3:52pm On May 18, 2012
@ jalal it got me wondering too.
@Naijasexy Good Story, kip it comin.. waiting for mooooore! grin
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by lillys(f): 4:01pm On May 18, 2012
still reading...nice smiley
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by vilively: 5:01pm On May 18, 2012
@naijasexy. Ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!u wAnt to kill Me o!!!!!!!!!!!this story won't Allow me reAd o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is reAlly good...kip it up !I'm reAlly feeling you gAlfriend.
Yawa go soon gas for Eric.
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Fourcade(m): 5:08pm On May 18, 2012
This eric guy should stop peeing and head home angry
Re: Sisterhood. (romance, Fiction) by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 18, 2012
…..And so they drove home in utter silence, well not totally- as Eric had tried to bring up a couple of topics for them to discuss, but he’d given up when Eniola appeared completely uninterested, and all efforts to arouse her interest had been frustrated by her irritating monosyllabic replies to his questions.

When Eric pulled over in front of the gate, Eniola shocked Eric by marching straight up to his flat before he could call her back. Without locking up his car, he ran into the gate, across his compound, after Eny.

“Eny, why are you walking fast,” He asked in a bid to slow her down. “Please wait, let’s talk downstairs for a while before we go upstairs.” He was answered by a hiss and a venomous glare. He began to suspect that she had somehow discovered that her sister was in his flat, but waved off the idea from his mind when he couldn’t reason any avenue through which she might have found out. Then he remembered! His phone! He hadn’t thought to check if he had receive any message or missed any calls when he was on one of his pretentious loo visits.

He flew through the stairs and caught the sleeve of Eny’s shirt between his fingers.
“Eniola, don’t go in just yet.” He said, holding her against the ceiling-high railing of his balcony. “I can explain.”

“What now? What is the problem? I have not demanded any explanations Eric, so what are you explaining?”

“I know that you know.” His throat instantly became dry and tight. “I know you know Eny, and I am sorry.”

“Eric, please let me go in. I don’t know what you are talking about.” Eny said, nudging him with her elbow but Eric didn’t budge. “Eric what is wrong with you? I said let me go. What’s this strange behaviour about?”

“Eniola please forgive me.” Both of them stood still and turned their faces towards the door as they heard it unlatch from within.

“Don’t open the door.” Eric yelled to the person inside. “Do not come out.”

“Why?” The person asked. “Are you with someone?”

“That voice sounds familiar.” Said Eny. “That voice sounds like someone I know.”

“What’s happening there?” Shade called from inside. “You still have not told me why I shouldn’t open.”

“That sounds like Shade now! That is the voice of my elder sister Shade.” Eny reasoned. “You didn’t tell me you had her o-v-e-r” she dragged on the last word and cocked her head to look at a ghostly-looking Eric. “Hahahaaaha..” Eny’s laugh resembled that of a lunatic. “ Shade was the one that sent you that message right?”

“Wha.. wha.. what message?” Eric enquired.

Without saying another word, Eny reached into the side pocket of her purse and pulled out her copy the apartment key. “You would soon know what message.” She said as she inserted the key to unlock the door.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

How I Got Scammed Of 10k By Lavita Ricca Investment / A Nairalander's Pre-wedding Pix That Broke The Net. / Reasons Why Every Young Ambitious Struggling Man Should Forget 'Love'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.