Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! (6802 Views)

Please Nigerians Come To My Aid! / Please Nigerians Help Me Answer This Question / What Can Somebody Do To Please Nigerians Political Wise (Dora As A Case Study) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by jason123: 12:45am On May 20, 2012
^^^
I'm not pan-african, AT ALL. I'm simply trying to drive home a point. Most of these guys believe that some groups will "automatically" be with them in whatever republic they dream of. Well, the truth is, if Nigeria is to split and there is no Southern Nigeria where progressive ideas and hardwork will be our binding force; then, there will not be a Biafra with ND or an Odua with ND, neither will the SS be Niger-delta republic. We are all going to find our square root (the very root). cool
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by bashr8: 1:15am On May 20, 2012
jason123: ^^^
I'm not pan-african, AT ALL. I'm simply trying to drive home a point. Most of these guys believe that some groups will "automatically" be with them in whatever republic they dream of. Well, the truth is, if Nigeria is to split and there is no Southern Nigeria where progressive ideas and hardwork will be our binding force; then, there will not be a Biafra with ND or an Odua with ND, neither will the SS be Niger-delta republic. We are all going to find our square root (the very root). cool
thats the point, if finding our square will bring about peace and end the killing of people cus of religion, ethnicity etc then let it be afterall before your white masters came we were all on our own.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by bashr8: 1:38am On May 20, 2012
Sweetlemon: I understand why there is so much anger and hate every where now. It is very understandable. But please, I appeal to us to take a deep breath, release, then count 1-10 or 1-20 if you are REALLY angry. Then please read what I have written here with an open mind. Please I beg you.
Yes! Nigeria is in a hot mess and in critical situation. Yes we have lost our minds such that some of us are now calling for war without even considering the effects of war. Someone rightly said here that 90% of the people calling for war have never witnessed war in their lives and so have no idea what war is. They naively believe that "sharpening their knives and cutlassses" and "loading their guns" will save them from the pathetically, devastatingly, hearbreaking blows of what a war can bring. Perharps these people do not have children to consider? perharps they do not know that even their children could be taken from them, molested, or used to fight the war that will give them them their cherised "Biafran", "Odua" or "Arewa" dream? Perharps these people also do not realize the possiblity of having all their sacrifices go to waste when if they eventually get the country of their dreams only to find out that they will be back to square one all over again when their Biafran, Arewa, and Odua leaders continue to treat them the same way or worse than while still under Nigera! I'm sure we will be happy then. Or maybe our pride will not allow us admit that we have been too blind and foolish to see past our arrogant noses to see the real problem. Perharps then it might become too late for us to see that we should have fought the real problem instead of allowing it turn us against each other. Perharps we might be too proud to see that our real problem lies in us.
What am I trying to say?
We Nigerians, are a bunch of egoistc people who find it difficult to accept the truth and that is why our beloved country is crashing before our very eyes! Let us first lear to love our neighbours. lets learn to accept others regardless of tribe and religion. Look at America, they have tribal, racial, religious, and even national (there are Asian Ameicans, African Americans, European Americans, etc.) differences but when was the last time you heard them them screaming, "You this Afican American!" or that "European American"? when last did you hear a white man say he cannot live in the same area with a black man? And even when you hear cases of racism, do you hear all the blacks or all the whites screaming "lets sharpen our cutlasses"? do you hear their muslims calling their Jews or christians "infidels"?
Nigerians!!! cant you see? can we not see that our greedy leaders are the ones turning us against each other? Is it not these same leaders that will still rule Biafra, Odua and Arewa? cant we see that while we are busy attacking aand retaliating attacks, they are busy feeding themselves fat in our kitchen while throwing the bones at us as more incentives for us to keep fighting each other? can't we see that these fights are distractions to take our eyes off them so they can keep clearing our kitchen?
Please think, think about it. I know it's quite hard but just try to see that two wrongs can never and will never make a right. And while you are still thinking this over, ask yourself how many war-broken countries are thrieving today.
Please can this be put on the front page? Thank you.
you mean well but you really dont understand what is going on , you cannot be preaching peace and progress when your neighbour is preaching death and killing your people, in such situation the most peaceful thing to do is to go your seperate ways.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Onlytruth(m): 3:10am On May 20, 2012
careytommy:
If having an Igbo president 'may' change your mind about seceding from Nigeria, then I'm afraid you are pro-nigeria. You just haven't acknowledged it yet!
Anyway, I'm from Akwa Ibom and unlike Madam SweetLemon above, I'm favourable disposed towards a divided Nigeria even up to anything 'Southern' Nigeria.
I'm only towards Biafra, Akwa-Cross,etc

Thank you for speaking up, because it was beginning to look like ALL Akwa Ibomites are desperately in love with One Nigeria and don't want Biafra. I have always known that is not the case, but your sister wanted me to argue with her over it. I wouldn't do that.
The whole truth about myself though is that I am desperate for progress, not necessarily secession. I've stated it several times here on Nairaland that I am not a die hard secessionist. That is the whole truth.
Why I and my people hate current Nigeria, is because the status quo is retrogressive and has no hope of improving.
IMHO, Biafra will be opposite most things "current Nigeria". It would aim to be highly peaceful, highly just and highly progressive, and all her citizens would have a deep and abiding faith and confidence in her promise.
Her citizens would be ready always to die for her. Anything less is not acceptable. That is how a country should be. cool

1 Like

Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 8:45pm On May 20, 2012
Like I said earlier, breaking up Nigeria is not a bad thing in itself but its just not the answer! Pls people, think about it. Think about EVERYTHING happening in Nigeria today, ask yourself questions then find honest answers. Lastly think about the bloody, pathetic, devastating war that will surely come before a break-up (Let's not deceive ourselves that it will be a peaceful break-up) think about how while we will all be here fighting to survive the war, our leaders and their families would probably be safely tucked away with their loot in some exotic private island abroad! Think about how foolish that will make us look.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 20, 2012
The breakup need not be violent- depends on what the Yorubas do. If they also opt out, who is gonna fight who?

I doubt the SS would want to join Biafra Republic though. SS will go with South Nigeria Republic or else it'll be Niger Delta Republic, Biafra, Oodua, Arewa and maybe Mid Belt.

The One Nigeria as we have now is hopeless and cannot be repaired without major restructuring.

The only thing better than a breakup is true Federalism where each state governs itself almost completely, with over 90% resource control. And a weak centre handling Defence, Currency and a few other things with a ceremonial President. Infrastructure, Policing/ Internal Security, Health, Education, Resources should be controlled at the State Level
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by LogicMind: 10:10pm On May 20, 2012
Sweetlemon: Like I said earlier, breaking up Nigeria is not a bad thing in itself but its just not the answer! Pls people, think about it. Think about EVERYTHING happening in Nigeria today, ask yourself questions then find honest answers. Lastly think about the bloody, pathetic, devastating war that will surely come before a break-up (Let's not deceive ourselves that it will be a peaceful break-up) think about how while we will all be here fighting to survive the war, our leaders and their families would probably be safely tucked away with their loot in some exotic private island abroad! Think about how foolish that will make us look.

the reasons you are giving for not breaking up are pathetic.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by dasparrow: 10:48pm On May 20, 2012
Sweetlemon: Like I said earlier, breaking up Nigeria is not a bad thing in itself but its just not the answer! Pls people, think about it. Think about EVERYTHING happening in Nigeria today, ask yourself questions then find honest answers. Lastly think about the bloody, pathetic, devastating war that will surely come before a break-up (Let's not deceive ourselves that it will be a peaceful break-up) think about how while we will all be here fighting to survive the war, our leaders and their families would probably be safely tucked away with their loot in some exotic private island abroad! Think about how foolish that will make us look.

Ok, so what is the answer to Nigeria's problems? because with the way Nigeria is going, that country holds no future for young generations already born and unborn. Believe it or not, Nigeria is already in a war. Just because the bomb blasts are currently affecting mostly Nigerians in the north does not mean you should not be concerned. When bombs will begin to rock the SE, SS, SW, then you will know we are already in a war and there is no turning back.

I trully don't know what the solution to Nigeria's problems are because it is obvious the north is finding it difficult to accept a southern president and many Nigerians are now fed up of northerners as presidents too. So what is the way forward? There is no peace in the country as it is. Kiddnapping, bombing, armed robbery, r/a.pe are daily occurences. There is no law and order and many Nigerians dream of migrating because they are fed up of the current system of things. The high unemployment rate in the country is pushing some young adults to engage in crime. I mean can't we learn from other African countries who are getting it right?
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Ilaje44(m): 11:00pm On May 20, 2012
Logic Mind:

You refuse to answer my questions but I will answer yours.
Me and my family will make sure the enemies of Biafra die instead in your bloody war.
We in Biafra will hold our biafran leaders accountable because we all, including any opposition, are biafrans, instead of supporting corrupt people because they are from our region which is what is happening in nigeria now. Yes I am 100% sure of that.
Oh, I do see things from the point of view of other and it's a pity that your point of view is keeping the status quo which is not benefiting any region.

South Korea
India
Even pakistan is better than nigeria
Austria
Northern france
Scotland
Ireland
Vietnam
U.S.A.
Algeria
Russia
Ukraine
Lithuania

[size=13pt]
BTW, not that I share your sentiments on the absolute side, but to put those who always fear the bloody aftermath, and the economic chaos thereafter of a disintigrated Nigeria, and often come up with the arguement that no Nations have been better after fighting a war of independence, I say here you go: Authentic NATIONS that have fared well after winning their War of Independence are those countries above and these ones below:

Slovenia (from Serbian dominance)
Croatia (from Serbian dominance)
Bosnia i Herzegovina (from Serbia dominance)
even Kosovo (From Serbia dominance)
Indonesia (Independent from the Netherlands)
Brazil (Independent from Portugal)
Israel (independent from UK's Mandate and right of abode in Palestine against Arabs)
China (Beijing) - independent from imperial Japan's occupation

A lot of Nigerians dont wanna die, but surely wanna make heaven. Nigerian magic if you ask me. Anyway, I believe if Nigeria as a country play on a fair ground, we have a better chance of building a greater State as a united "country" than when we split into many countries. Although I prefer we remain one country, this however does not imply I like the mess of a country we have right now. Even at my age, I wont mind joining a revolution that will restructure NIGERIA.

If I join such a revolution, my goals would include:

Keeping the country one,
Making her a Federation / Confederation in the like of Canada OR Switzerland
Education regional - exclusive
Culture / language - regional exclusive
Commerce and Industry - Concurrent
Agriculture - Concurrent
Religion - total state abstinence, salvation should be an individual private thing
Police - federal, pronvincial, communal police with checks and balances. All legally registered political parties and representative of the general public must be elected into the Police governing board

The executive Council of State - will include the premiers/Governors of all the regions. The President of Nigeria will be chosen among the members of this gremium.

Legislation will be Unicamera

The sum of the component of Nigeria are greater than each component if we positively tap on the synergy of being a country.
[/size]
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Onlytruth(m): 11:02pm On May 20, 2012
dasparrow:

Ok, so what is the answer to Nigeria's problems? because with the way Nigeria is going, that country holds no future for young generations already born and unborn. Believe it or not, Nigeria is already in a war. Just because the bomb blasts are currently affecting mostly Nigerians in the north does not mean you should not be concerned. When bombs will begin to rock the SE, SS, SW, then you will know we are already in a war and there is no turning back.

I trully don't know what the solution to Nigeria's problems are because it is obvious the north is finding it difficult to accept a southern president and many Nigerians are now fed up of northerners as presidents too. So what is the way forward? There is no peace in the country as it is. Kiddnapping, bombing, armed robbery, r/a.pe are daily occurences. There is no law and order and many Nigerians dream of migrating because they are fed up of the current system of things. The high unemployment rate in the country is pushing some young adults to engage in crime. I mean can't we learn from other African countries who are getting it right?

My brother, I don't think the OP is interested in any REALITY. She is more interested in fantasy, whereby somehow all these problems go away without anyone facing them squarely, and we live happily ever after.
The problem with that mindset is that Nigeria has been steadily dwindling politically since the end of the civil war in 1970. Countries which we bettered before 1967 have all mostly since dumped us behind and have moved into more stability and prosperity, while we still bicker over things as simple as CENSUS and true demographics of Nigeria.
Anyone can enter Nigeria today and become a Nigerian without us having a way of verifying his "Nigerian-ness".
The place is an organized chaos, with people (like the OP) mortally afraid of addressing REAL issues.
They would rather sweep all of them under the carpet and pray that all ends well.
When was the last time you saw steady electricity in Nigeria? I can tell you that I have NEVER seen it in my LIFETIME so far, and I'm not that young!
The OP should start by telling herself the truth.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by ak47mann(m): 11:58pm On May 20, 2012
i dont think OP is close to reality i feel sorry for her cooleven most of the oil wells in her village are all owed by abokis in sokoto borno,kano,mina,etc to be honest that is even worst than slavery,go to Abuja and see Hausa boys with bullet proof
cars dress in Arabs attire with so much money they dont know what to do with it cool
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by LogicMind: 12:01am On May 21, 2012
Ilaje44:

[size=13pt]
BTW, not that I share your sentiments on the absolute side, but to put those who always fear the bloody aftermath, and the economic chaos thereafter of a disintigrated Nigeria, and often come up with the arguement that no Nations have been better after fighting a war of independence, I say here you go: Authentic NATIONS that have fared well after winning their War of Independence are those countries above and these ones below:

Slovenia (from Serbian dominance)
Croatia (from Serbian dominance)
Bosnia i Herzegovina (from Serbia dominance)
even Kosovo (From Serbia dominance)
Indonesia (Independent from the Netherlands)
Brazil (Independent from Portugal)
Israel (independent from UK's Mandate and right of abode in Palestine against Arabs)
China (Beijing) - independent from imperial Japan's occupation

A lot of Nigerians dont wanna die, but surely wanna make heaven. Nigerian magic if you ask me. Anyway, I believe if Nigeria as a country play on a fair ground, we have a better chance of building a greater State as a united "country" than when we split into many countries. Although I prefer we remain one country, this however does not imply I like the mess of a country we have right now. Even at my age, I wont mind joining a revolution that will restructure NIGERIA.

If I join such a revolution, my goals would include:

Keeping the country one,
Making her a Federation / Confederation in the like of Canada OR Switzerland
Education regional - exclusive
Culture / language - regional exclusive
Commerce and Industry - Concurrent
Agriculture - Concurrent
Religion - total state abstinence, salvation should be an individual private thing
Police - federal, pronvincial, communal police with checks and balances. All legally registered political parties and representative of the general public must be elected into the Police governing board

The executive Council of State - will include the premiers/Governors of all the regions. The President of Nigeria will be chosen among the members of this gremium.

Legislation will be Unicamera

The sum of the component of Nigeria are greater than each component if we positively tap on the synergy of being a country.
[/size]

All countries in europe has at one time or another fought for independence from other nations that wanted to dominate them. When they finally came to their senses, they decided to remain independent countries but cooperating willingly with each other.
Nigeria is made up of nations cooperating forcefully with each other. It has not worked. It is not working. It will never work.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by LogicMind: 12:03am On May 21, 2012
ak47mann: i dont think OP is close to reality i feel sorry for her cooleven must of the oil wells in her village are all owed by abokis in sokoto borno,kano,mina,etc to be honest that is even worst than slavery

I tell you. When Biafra comes, we will have to really negociate with these people to see if they want to join us because their mentality is really shocking sometimes.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by ak47mann(m): 12:09am On May 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

I tell you. When Biafra comes, we will have to really negociate with these people to see if they want to join us because their mentality is really shocking sometimes.
i feel you not all of them are like OP,my girl friend is from isoko delta state trust me,they are way more clever than akwa ibom people,am not dissing OP,but i spent time with my girl and other delta state people i know delta state are more clever in SS cool cool
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by loco4love: 3:58am On May 21, 2012
Message to all Yoba peoples,

War will come from the North and we must keep the jihadist savages from overruning our motherland.

All Yoba Nationalist YOUTH prepare your minds, bodies and souls. Prepare to fight for Yobaland.

Ife Ile ( Ti gbogbo Yoba ni). Ominira Ilu ni ki a jafun. Ko ni dafun awon Niggersi ton fiya je wa.

We must achieve INDEPENDENCE from Niggerdom and Niggeria. Niggeria is the Black Satan that keeps us in bondage and misery.

The Vampires called Niggerian politicians who fill their greedy bellies with your taxes must be crucified because if they are not punished they will feed on us till we are extinct or completely enslaved.

Say no to the PDP Parasites. One Niggeria is a farce a control mechanism for the oppression and exploitation of the Yoba and Southern Masses by corrupt Western Oil Companies like Shell. May Shell rot in Hell.

Spread the word of freedom, encourage one another. Acquire weapons, ammunition, grenades and rise up against the Niggerian rapists.

I am your brother and faithful comrade till the end- Thunder
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 7:55am On May 21, 2012
ak47mann, Onlytruth, and Logic mind. from your recent posts it's obvious you guys do not understand my message here. Or maybe you underate me because I'm just a young woman? Ok, let me summarise my msg here:
WE SHOULD NOT FIGHT OURSELVES BUT OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE THAT IT IS THE LEADERS WHO HAVE PUT SO MUCH HATE IN US THAT WE SHOULD BE DIRECTING OUR ANGER AT AND NOT OURSELVES. BOKO HARAM IS FUNDED BY POLITICIANS SAME WAY MEND AND MASSOB AND WHATEVER MILLIATNT GROUP ARE POLITICAL. FIGHT THE DISEASE AND NOT THE SYMPTOMS! AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT, LET US WORK ON OURSELVES. MOST NIGERIANS ARE NATURALLY SELFISH AND THAT IS WHAT GAVE BIRTH TO CORRUPTION! LET US WORK ON THIS BECAUSE THESE SAME PROBLEMS WILL COME TO HAUNT US IN OUR NEW COUNTRIES. And that is the bitter truth.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Ilaje44(m): 9:08am On May 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

[b]All countries in europe [/b]has at one time or another fought for independence from other nations that wanted to dominate them. When they finally came to their senses, they decided to remain independent countries but cooperating willingly with each other.
Nigeria is made up of nations cooperating forcefully with each other. It has not worked. It is not working. It will never work.

That is not true. There have been EMPIRES in Europe that were made up of many NATIONS (Ethnicities) that after losing battle disintegrated, and were either absorbed by others or where some of the ethnic components were powerful enough, became independent countries of their own. The persons that dominated had been the MONARCH and the feudal LORDS, and a class of Aristocrats with limited numbers. The French revolution paved the way for the modern State as we know it today. Prior to that, the wars of the Empires have been fought by Soldiers, who by the way were "hired" to "kill" by these Empires. They were likely not even a citizen of their soldiering empires. You can not as such say all European countries fought war of independence at one time or the other. For instance, when the old Soviet Union disintegrated, not a shot was fired except perhaps in the Russia Federations proper. Luckily, history has shown that there could be a "relative" bloodless disintegration. The way Nigeria is lavishly spending more than she earns without commensurate results, might lead for instance to a possible disintegration of that Country. Nevertheless, it would still be bloody, because Africans are barbarians if you ask me. Nigerians speaks mostly the language of violence. Irrespective of ethnicity, there will be a lot of Soldiers of fortune that would like to feed on the carcass of Nigeria whatever the cost. And they would not shy away from using lethal force. Liberia and Sierra Leone are prime examples of the evil soldiers of fortune can wreck on the society. Though you may argue we are not like them, but we sure are.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Effwazobia: 9:08am On May 21, 2012
ak47mann: i feel you not all of them are like OP,my girl friend is from isoko delta state trust me,they are way more clever than akwa ibom people,am not dissing OP,but i spent time with my girl and other delta state people i know delta state are more clever in SS cool cool

Nwanne I totally disagree with the bolded parts, those are flawed generalization. Just like everywhere else in the world, there are smart and equally dumb people from both areas. I know waaaaay too many people from Ikot Ekpene that are very intelligent than the average. I can defend that statement because Akwa Ibom is my maternal home state.

Back to the OP, I don't think that she understands the magnitude of the injustice that her people are facing in the country called Nigeria (Injustices by Aboki's to be precise). Even in the high profile Eket, the residents there are are mostly Yoruba oil company staffs, while the Akwa Ibomites are relegated to do jobs such as house maids and house boys. It seems that the OP is probably a recent college graduate, tucked away in diaspora with no first hand and reliable source of information on Nigeria. I bet you she probably has never lived in Akwa Ibom based on what she stated about Akwa Ibomites being in love with Nigeria and despise Biafra.

Here is the true picture, the average Akwa Ibomite do not want to belong to Nigeria, they would rather be by themselves. However, if you give them an option between Nigeria and Biafra, they would want to be with us Biafrans. My maternal grandpa was a polygamist, meaning that I have waaaaay too many relative from Akwa Ibom (Ikot Ekpene to be precise), and my interaction with them, reveals to me that they are disgusted with Nigeria and trully admire Us Biafrans. On countless occassions I have been told that we the Ibos are the only tribe that have a defined request of what we want from Nigeria. OP you need to come home or at least place some calls to your relative that live in Akwa Ibom to figure out wetin dey on ground before you come here and start spewing crap

1 Like

Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Ilaje44(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2012
Sweetlemon: ak47mann, Onlytruth, and Logic mind. from your recent posts it's obvious you guys do not understand my message here. Or maybe you underate me because I'm just a young woman? Ok, let me summarise my msg here:
WE SHOULD NOT FIGHT OURSELVES BUT OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE THAT IT IS THE LEADERS WHO HAVE PUT SO MUCH HATE IN US THAT WE SHOULD BE DIRECTING OUR ANGER AT AND NOT OURSELVES. BOKO HARAM IS FUNDED BY POLITICIANS SAME WAY MEND AND MASSOB AND WHATEVER MILLIATNT GROUP ARE POLITICAL. FIGHT THE DISEASE AND NOT THE SYMPTOMS! AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT, LET US WORK ON OURSELVES. MOST NIGERIANS ARE NATURALLY SELFISH AND THAT IS WHAT GAVE BIRTH TO CORRUPTION! LET US WORK ON THIS BECAUSE THIS SAME PROBLEMS WILL COME TO HAUNT US IN OUR NEW COUNTRIES. And that is the bitter truth.

Young lady, I do not think some leaders have access to remote control that they use to control the populace. Human beings are inherently abhorent to what "perceivably" does not belong to their GROUP. It is the most primitive nature of man to be so. Africans in their majority are still very primitive in their thinking, and thats why they never think there is bigger opportunities in a UNION. Your reasoning is not bad at all, but it is very wrong in the context of Nigeria, because not so many are of your opinion. You just have to enlighten them more, perhaps, they will learn, especially those who THINK they are fighting for God (which ever way either through bombs or tithes).

The problem of AFRICANs not only Nigerians as you wrote and also in my opinion definitely is selfishness. If we would think about the collective benefit of using our wealth for the purposes that they were budgeted for, there would be less corruption. Their is a saying in Yoruba that goes thus: Irorun eku ni irorun eiye. When the bird is at ease, so is also the mouse/rat. If we would realize that the more people that benefit from the collective wealth, the less they are likely to go into criminality, it would go a long way in building a solid foundation for a prosperous country. Nigerians must learn that it is good for all to spread the wealth.

BTW, I do not believe it is only the leaders that are at fault. Methink the followers are equally part of the blame too.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by LogicMind: 10:00am On May 21, 2012
Sweetlemon: ak47mann, Onlytruth, and Logic mind. from your recent posts it's obvious you guys do not understand my message here. Or maybe you underate me because I'm just a young woman? Ok, let me summarise my msg here:
WE SHOULD NOT FIGHT OURSELVES BUT OPEN OUR EYES TO SEE THAT IT IS THE LEADERS WHO HAVE PUT SO MUCH HATE IN US THAT WE SHOULD BE DIRECTING OUR ANGER AT AND NOT OURSELVES. BOKO HARAM IS FUNDED BY POLITICIANS SAME WAY MEND AND MASSOB AND WHATEVER MILLIATNT GROUP ARE POLITICAL. FIGHT THE DISEASE AND NOT THE SYMPTOMS! AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT, LET US WORK ON OURSELVES. MOST NIGERIANS ARE NATURALLY SELFISH AND THAT IS WHAT GAVE BIRTH TO CORRUPTION! LET US WORK ON THIS BECAUSE THIS SAME PROBLEMS WILL COME TO HAUNT US IN OUR NEW COUNTRIES. And that is the bitter truth.

I say
FIGHT THE CAUSE OF THE DISEASE.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Ilaje44(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

I say

And the CAUSE of the disease among others are the followings:

Lack of vision on the part of the leaders
Lack of proper education of the Nigerian populace
Lack of proper enlightenment of the general Nigerian populace
Religious overzealotry
Misplaced priorities
The worship of material riches
Selfishness

Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by icon2: 10:23am On May 21, 2012
Sweetlemon: I understand why there is so much anger and hate every where now. It is very understandable. But please, I appeal to us to take a deep breath, release, then count 1-10 or 1-20 if you are REALLY angry. Then please read what I have written here with an open mind. Please I beg you.
Yes! Nigeria is in a hot mess and in critical situation. Yes we have lost our minds such that some of us are now calling for war without even considering the effects of war. Someone rightly said here that 90% of the people calling for war have never witnessed war in their lives and so have no idea what war is. They naively believe that "sharpening their knives and cutlassses" and "loading their guns" will save them from the pathetically, devastatingly, hearbreaking blows of what a war can bring. Perharps these people do not have children to consider? perharps they do not know that even their children could be taken from them, molested, or used to fight the war that will give them them their cherised "Biafran", "Odua" or "Arewa" dream? Perharps these people also do not realize the possiblity of having all their sacrifices go to waste when if they eventually get the country of their dreams only to find out that they will be back to square one all over again when their Biafran, Arewa, and Odua leaders continue to treat them the same way or worse than while still under Nigera! I'm sure we will be happy then. Or maybe our pride will not allow us admit that we have been too blind and foolish to see past our arrogant noses to see the real problem. Perharps then it might become too late for us to see that we should have fought the real problem instead of allowing it turn us against each other. Perharps we might be too proud to see that our real problem lies in us.
What am I trying to say?
We Nigerians, are a bunch of egoistc people who find it difficult to accept the truth and that is why our beloved country is crashing before our very eyes! Let us first lear to love our neighbours. lets learn to accept others regardless of tribe and religion. Look at America, they have tribal, racial, religious, and even national (there are Asian Ameicans, African Americans, European Americans, etc.) differences but when was the last time you heard them them screaming, "You this Afican American!" or that "European American"? when last did you hear a white man say he cannot live in the same area with a black man? And even when you hear cases of racism, do you hear all the blacks or all the whites screaming "lets sharpen our cutlasses"? do you hear their muslims calling their Jews or christians "infidels"?
Nigerians!!! cant you see? can we not see that our greedy leaders are the ones turning us against each other? Is it not these same leaders that will still rule Biafra, Odua and Arewa? cant we see that while we are busy attacking aand retaliating attacks, they are busy feeding themselves fat in our kitchen while throwing the bones at us as more incentives for us to keep fighting each other? can't we see that these fights are distractions to take our eyes off them so they can keep clearing our kitchen?
Please think, think about it. I know it's quite hard but just try to see that two wrongs can never and will never make a right. And while you are still thinking this over, ask yourself how many war-broken countries are thrieving today.
Please can this be put on the front page? Thank you.

Did read all that...?Ohhh yes I did.
@op.... Frank talk.... Keep it up.
Front page plsssssss
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by LogicMind: 10:26am On May 21, 2012
Ilaje44:

And the CAUSE of the disease among others are the followings:

Lack of vision on the part of the leaders
Lack of proper education of the Nigerian populace
Lack of proper enlightenment of the general Nigerian populace
Religious overzealotry
Misplaced priorities
The worship of material riches
Selfishness

No sir.
Those are the symptoms of the disease.
The cause is almagamation of diverses nations into one useless country called nigeria.
We need to de-amalgamate to get better.

2 Likes

Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Effwazobia: 10:33am On May 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

No sir.
The cause is almagamation of diverses nations into one useless country called nigeria.

You are absolutely right sir. Bless your soul for pointing that out. We can run all we want from the truth, but we can't hide. The major cause of our problem in Nigeria was, uniting groups and cultures that did not have anything in common except skin color. Nothing short of fragmentation should be the solutions to this our problems . Not even true Federalism

1 Like

Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by icon2: 10:41am On May 21, 2012
Where are the mods.... Front page plsss.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 10:47am On May 21, 2012
wink
Logic Mind:

I say
Now are talking![quote author=Logic Mind]
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Beaf1: 10:48am On May 21, 2012

^^
Sweet Heart,

You are wasting your precious time with these good for nothing lads.
They are nothing but buncha cowards! They only know how to fight a war with their fingers on the keyboard.

They are kids, even their parents were not around in 1967 to tell them what they have gone through in the hands of Gowon. They will all die like chickens, their rebel leader is not even around to guide them.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Sweetlemon(f): 10:48am On May 21, 2012
@Icon, thank a lot!
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Beaf1: 10:52am On May 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

No sir.

^
The last time your parents tried to "De-amalgamate" what happened?

Nobody will remember all of you. You will die as rebels cheesy
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Beaf1: 10:58am On May 21, 2012
Nigeria is ONE, Nigeria will always remain ONE. It is non-negotiable

I say go back to your creaks!
Go back to your motor spare parts shops grin
Nothin dey happen!
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:00am On May 21, 2012
ak47mann: i feel you not all of them are like OP,my girl friend is from isoko delta state trust me,they are way more clever than akwa ibom people,am not dissing OP,but i spent time with my girl and other delta state people i know delta state are more clever in SS cool cool
Your opinion.
And stay away from Akwa Ibom People.
To the best of my knowledge, most easterners don't share your opinion. Even if they did, I'll still support Biafra. Why? because it'll be easier for Akwa Ibom to later pull of Biafra.
Re: Please Nigerians!!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 11:03am On May 21, 2012
icon2: Where are the mods.... Front page plsss.
No! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breaking News... Bomb Blast In Zaria / See What Okonjo-iweala Was Spotted Doing After Her Posters & Atiku Surfaced Onli / Dino Melaye Releases Official Logo For His Movement In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.