Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! (17789 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment / 2015: North Bids For Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 22, 2012
Dreamers
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by amosy007: 4:04pm On May 22, 2012
Mynd_44: As long as we don't see the names Buhari and El'Rufai, no problem
So any credible person from north?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Austileo: 4:10pm On May 22, 2012
stupid north how many years u hav rule naija all 4noting.we hav know dat your presidency is to gather terrorist for immunity.but from now onward instead of u very stupid north and buhari domain to rule again naija wil surely break apart
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by velo10: 4:17pm On May 22, 2012
We know this move is motivated by envy and power lust but Jonathan really has to work hard to earn Nigeria's credence to stop them
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 22, 2012
SE has never trusted SW and will never, SS did but regretted and will never trust SW, this Time if SW try any rubbish the SS and SE will combine and crush our common enemy SW b4 our Distance enermy north. As a SSner am ready to treat any SW Fcukk up
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by malc619(m): 4:30pm On May 22, 2012
@ Beaf: Ɣ is everyone avoiding you like a LEPER ??
Oops!!! I forgot, you a shameless-lying-coward...
Stick ur head in ur a s s. And crawl back to d Ogogoro joint where Ʊ spend all ur time..

Like fada like son.....

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by malc619(m): 4:31pm On May 22, 2012
@ Beaf: Ɣ is everyone avoiding you like a LEPER ??
Oops!!! I forgot, you a shameless-lying-coward...
Stick ur head in ur a s s. And crawl back to d Ogogoro joint where Ʊ spend all ur time..

Like fada like son.....

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 22, 2012
NORTH,SOUTH,WEST, EAST; ARE THESE NAMES OF POLITICAL PARTIES ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nonybb: 4:36pm On May 22, 2012
ALL THESE GIBBERISH PISH HERE DO NT ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHNG ON NIGERIAN PRACTICAL SOCIETY. PPL THAT READ ALL THESE NON SENSE HERE WILL PROBABLY THINK NIGERIA IS AT WAR WITH IT PPL. THIS IS THE PRODUCT OF MEDIA HYPE AND PROPAGANDA. AN AVERAGE NIGERIA DONT EVEN BORDER WAT THIS USELESS GOVT SAYS OR DO. THEY JST GO ABOUT THERE NORMAL BUSINESS AND MAKE THERE OWN ENDS MEET. PPL TYPING HERE ARE PROBABLY OUTSIDERS AND DO NT KNW HOW AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN THINK[b]ALL THESE GIBBERISH PISH HERE DO NT ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHNG ON NIGERIAN PRACTICAL SOCIETY. PPL THAT READ ALL THESE NON SENSE HERE WILL PROBABLY THINK NIGERIA IS AT WAR WITH IT PPL. THIS IS THE PRODUCT OF MEDIA HYPE AND PROPAGANDA. AN AVERAGE NIGERIA DONT EVEN BORDER WAT THIS USELESS GOVT SAYS OR DO. THEY JST GO ABOUT THERE NORMAL BUSINESS AND MAKE THERE OWN ENDS MEET. PPL TYPING HERE ARE PROBABLY OUTSIDERS AND DO NT KNW HOW AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN THINK[/b]ALL THESE GIBBERISH PISH HERE DO NT ACCOUNT FOR ANYTHNG ON NIGERIAN PRACTICAL SOCIETY. PPL THAT READ ALL THESE NON SENSE HERE WILL PROBABLY THINK NIGERIA IS AT WAR WITH IT PPL. THIS IS THE PRODUCT OF MEDIA HYPE AND PROPAGANDA. AN AVERAGE NIGERIA DONT EVEN BORDER WAT THIS USELESS GOVT SAYS OR DO. THEY JST GO ABOUT THERE NORMAL BUSINESS AND MAKE THERE OWN ENDS MEET. PPL TYPING HERE ARE PROBABLY OUTSIDERS AND DO NT KNW HOW AN AVERAGE NIGERIAN THINK
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nchara: 4:42pm On May 22, 2012
jmaine:

Facts show they voted for him too, even though the general voter apathy toward the polls was evident .

.whoever doubts that will only be shown a review of earlier proof given to that effect . . .

same here you accuse them of pinning it down on the SS/SE is the same way you claim the Igbos only gave him his SW votes . .the blame game goes both ways depending on the debate on ground grin

What are the facts? The general voter apathy that you fortunately alluded to implies that people stayed away from the voting poll, yes or no?
If an insignificant number of Yoruba (which I supposed did) voted for GEJ why did the majority stay away?
Have you read any Yoruba here on NL who claim to have voted for GEJ? In contrast, which Yoruba here have you not read who has not had a bad word for GEJ, calling him all sorts of names and calling those who voted him in i.d.i.o.t.i.c? Do the i.d.i.o.t.i.c voters include Yorubas as well?
If a large swathe of Yoruba voted for GEJ (which I do not believe), what sort of people will vote a man in and then turn round to ascribe him to others? Is not that the zenith of double-speak and two-facedness? Consider that Tinubu proclaimed in public that GEJ won the election fair and square https://www.nairaland.com/717204/jonathan-won-april-election-tinubu. Although now he is singing a different song.

When I say Yoruba in this argument, I exclude Ondo where, I am sure, Mimiko led the LP to give GEJ a resounding victory. But then one state out of six is quite insignificant.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 22, 2012
Why must Yorubas vote for GEJ? Is it by force again? GEJ was insignificant as a VP, what makes you think he'd be significant as a president. It's like saying a woman will wake up as a man the next morning. Ko possible.

Obviously, as we can now see, they made the right choice, just not enough. The worst thing that could happen to GEJ in 2015 is a Yoruba president/ Northern VP or vice versa. The worst thing that could happen to Buhari in 2015 is a Yoruba president/igbo VP or vice versa. The worst thing that could happen for an Igbo wanna-be president is any candidate from any region.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Akanbiedu(m): 4:55pm On May 22, 2012
Gbawe,

I think the surest way to defeat GEJ (if he runs) is to present Fashola/northener ticket and not the other way round. The other way is too risky for the opposition. The reason I am saying this is I am sure you are aware that presidential elections are not really won by general votes, a lot of rigging is usually involved. in other to defeat PDP, the incumbent, you need to be too popular to be rigged in at least 3 zones in the country.

If we consider northerner/Fashola against GEJ: GEJ has SS and SE already and large portion of the middle belt will be rigged in GEJ's favour leaving NW, NE and SW. Do you seriously think the SW people (except Lagos may be) are angry enough to vote overwhelmingly against GEJ? This still leaves some room for manipulation by the SW PDP guys. Leaving only NW and NE. I can assure you, even the northern elites will not risk this, they would rather stick with GEJ if this is the case. A repeat of what happened in 2011 is likely.

Now consider a Fashola/El-rufai ticket. Fashola is extremely popular in the SW, that is the surest way to KILL PDP votes from the SW. let us count SE and SS for GEJ. Leaving us with NW NE NC. This time, NC will be divided in this case with PDP still having slight edge. Now where do you think NW, NE will go? with the right agreements, I think NW NE will go with Fashola since they know SW is automatic for Fashola and with them voting him, victory is assured rigging or no rigging.

The strong point for the opposition parties here is that they can have tangible agreement on power sharing/zoning/rotation and start afresh unlike the PDP who are currently having trust issues within themselves.

An arrangement on how to share power and even succession could be fashioned out like the type PDP did in the recent past. We should stop thinking about zoning or what would appease northerners at this stage. We are in a situation to start affresh again because the current political arrangement has been tamperred with. Since the PDP's zoning thing has been tamperred with, there is
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ifefemi(m): 5:00pm On May 22, 2012
It's quite 'interesting' to see people still bring tribalism into choosing people that would govern us!!! I stand to be corrected, but wonder what values GEJ has added to the ordinary man in his home state - Bayelsa? We need to go beyond all these sentiments in choosing our leaders. We need people with proven tracks, irrespective of where the person is from.

Things have really gone worse since GEJ took over. The guy has nothing 'upstairs', added no value since he came into power and lacks focus. Yar'Adua had better plans,(atleast 7-point agenda), even if majority of these were not actualised.

It's very saddening to still hear people talk of voting for GEJ in 2015. I really pity the future of this country!!!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 5:03pm On May 22, 2012
Nchara:

What are the facts? The general voter apathy that you fortunately alluded to implies that people stayed away from the voting poll, yes or no?
If an insignificant number of Yoruba (which I supposed did) voted for GEJ why did the majority stay away?
Have you read any Yoruba here on NL who claim to have voted for GEJ? In contrast, which Yoruba here have you not read who has not had a bad word for GEJ, calling him all sorts of names and calling those who voted him in i.d.i.o.t.i.c? Do the i.d.i.o.t.i.c voters include Yorubas as well?
If a large swathe of Yoruba voted for GEJ (which I do not believe), what sort of people will vote a man in and then turn round to ascribe him to others? Is not that the zenith of double-speak and two-facedness? Consider that Tinubu proclaimed in public that GEJ won the election fair and square https://www.nairaland.com/717204/jonathan-won-april-election-tinubu. Although now he is singing a different song.

When I say Yoruba in this argument, I exclude Ondo where, I am sure, Mimiko led the LP to give GEJ a resounding victory. But then one state out of six is quite insignificant.

Dude, many Yoruba's voted for GEJ and many root for him. A few names come to mind, like jmaine (whom you are talking to), Werekpeleri, Lateef4me etc etc
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by aljharem(m): 5:04pm On May 22, 2012
Gbawe I see your point !!!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by aljharem(m): 5:05pm On May 22, 2012
LOL @ Nchara and other Igbo goons. grin grin grin grin grin

Your lies, hate and propaganda against the Yorubas would do you no good !!!! Fact !
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by aljharem(m): 5:05pm On May 22, 2012
Well I am hoping Jmaine's eyes are now opening
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 5:07pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem: Well I am hoping Jmaine's eyes are now opening

Lol! You think anybody will become a fool and shiit fly like you?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by aljharem(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! You think anybody will become a fool and shiit fly like you?

Dude don't waste your time because I know Jmaine is a "diehard GEJ fan" so I was just pulling his legs. Don't sweat it.

All I know is SW rather form an alliance with the North than the tribalistic Igbos down south. Fact !!!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nchara: 5:10pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, many Yoruba's voted for GEJ and many root for him. A few names come to mind, like jmaine (whom you are talking to), Werekpeleri, Lateef4me etc etc

Can you define for me what many means here? Jmaine himself confirmed there was a general voter apathy in the SW, no? Of course a few voted for him in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti. He lost to Ribadu in Osun and won in Ondo (Mimiko). Otherwise, the preponderance of Yoruba - if they mostly voted for him - in this forum will not be calling GEJ names unwarrantedly.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by aljharem(m): 5:11pm On May 22, 2012
ifefemi: It's quite 'interesting' to see people still bring tribalism into choosing people that would govern us!!! I stand to be corrected, but wonder what values GEJ has added to the ordinary man in his home state - Bayelsa? We need to go beyond all these sentiments in choosing our leaders. We need people with proven tracks, irrespective of where the person is from.

Things have really gone worse since GEJ took over. The guy has nothing 'upstairs', added no value since he came into power and lacks focus. Yar'Adua had better plans,(atleast 7-point agenda), even if majority of these were not actualised.

It's very saddening to still hear people talk of voting for GEJ in 2015. I really pity the future of this country!!!

That is the country we live in. 2015 Igbos are saying they want to be president as well, throwing competency and merit out of the window.

Nigeria is a tribalsitic country. Wicked as well.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by aljharem(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2012
As things stand now. I for one would vote for Fashola or El rufia as president or No one else. [size=13pt]The only way GEJ can get the SW vote is for him to do constant Electricity or something amazing. Again SW does not vote based on ethnicity but track record. [/size]
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 5:14pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem:

Dude don't waste your time because I know Jmaine is a "diehard GEJ fan" so I was just pulling his legs. Don't sweat it.

All I know is SW rather form an alliance with the North than the tribalistic Igbos down south. Fact !!!

The only wise member so far of your clown corterie, is Akanbi_edu. Go and read what he said again (even though that too is doomed).
Most of you love to live in a make believe World that has no absolutely bearing with reality.

Allying with the Buhari's, IBB's, El Rufai's and Atiku's is a fools game.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bashr8: 5:15pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem:

go ahead and form your alliancewith the north who cares, na today , it will be another losers club so why should anyone be bothered, anybody that thinks or supports a northern president in 2015 is a crazy goat cus it will never happen , yorubas on the other hand dont stand a chance cus they already had their turn ,real nigerians are not fools , only nairalanders will be dumb enough to think fashola a yoruba man will come out in 2015 and win smh
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by vanstanzy(m): 5:16pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend: [size=16pt]Yoruba Efo Riro
[/size]

[size=16pt]Igbo Soup
[/size]

[size=16pt]Spot the difference!![/size]

@bittyend

Yes i can spot the difference. The Efo Riro looks like dog vomit. Its most likely food ur dog refused but mistakenly ate it only to vomit it back onto ur plate for u to eat.
Then the supposed Igbo soup is actually a Yoruba Ofenmanu soup with Semovita in it and two small fish (representing how tiny ur d.i.c.k. and brains are). Yeah, lest i forget, its worthy to note that the food has gone sour cos of ur laziness to warm it.
IS THAT EXPLANATION GOOD ENOF 4 YA? PICK ON SOM1 UR OWN SIZE, P.R.I.C.K!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 5:18pm On May 22, 2012
Nchara:

Can you define for me what many means here? Jmaine himself confirmed there was a general voter apathy in the SW, no? Of course a few voted for him in Lagos, Ogun, Oyo and Ekiti. He lost to Ribadu in Osun and won in Ondo (Mimiko). Otherwise, the preponderance of Yoruba - if they mostly voted for him - in this forum will not be calling GEJ names unwarrantedly.

You have a point, but the fact remains that Yoruba's too voted for GEJ. This is especially apparent when you consider votes outside Lagos (where SE/SS ain't that many). Even in Osun where GEJ lost to Ribadu, the vote was very close.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 5:20pm On May 22, 2012
Nigeria's new reality is SE/SS + Middle Belt. cool
Ignore it at your peril. The door is open to the SW, but not to ACN.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bashr8: 5:21pm On May 22, 2012
Nchara:

dont even know why your bothering yourself , first they claimed they supported GEJ then they called us all kind of names for campaigning for him before election jst becus north handed them a plate of ewedu soup in form of vice president position which they shamelessly lost, when GEJ won they now claimed they also voted for him , now they are all over the place calling him all sort of names smh
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by aljharem(m): 5:22pm On May 22, 2012
bashr8: go ahead and form your alliancewith the north who cares, na today , it will be another losers club so why should anyone be bothered, anybody that thinks or supports a northern president in 2015 is a crazy goat cus it will never happen , yorubas on the other hand dont stand a chance cus they already had their turn ,real nigerians are not fools , only nairalanders will be dumb enough to think fashola a yoruba man will come out in 2015 and win smh

Look you cannot be insulting and lying against any group in Nigeria and somehow hope to get their votes. LOL that would only happen in your dreams not real life.

2015 Igbos don't even SW vote to win so I don't see the problem here. You have the population in Kwara, Ekiti etc to win it yourselves.

All this lies hate and propaganda against the yorubas just cause you lot are tribalistic to even think straight or the future of your generations would do no one any good.

1. GEJ should do federalism so that Niger-deltans can have their oil and the SW can rule themselves

2. If he can, he should do constant electricity. If no, he should still do the SNC

that is all, all this bigoted insults and hate against the North, Igbos and Yoruba would stop. It is easy really !!!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nchara: 5:23pm On May 22, 2012
Beaf:

You have a point, but the fact remains that Yoruba's too voted for GEJ. This is especially apparent when you consider votes outside Lagos (where SE/SS ain't that many). Even in Osun where GEJ lost to Ribadu, the vote was very close.

When you proportion the votes for GEJ in the SW (ex Lagos where non Yorubas gave him victory, and Ondo) against the overall number of qualified voters in that zone, you'd agree that they largely stayed away from voting. Overall, GEJ got but a pittance from them except in Ondo.

Beaf, would you vote for GEJ and then turn round to call those who voted for him idi0tic and stvpid?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 5:25pm On May 22, 2012
Akanbi_edu: Gbawe,

I think the surest way to defeat GEJ (if he runs) is to present Fashola/northener ticket and not the other way round. The other way is too risky for the opposition. The reason I am saying this is I am sure you are aware that presidential elections are not really won by general votes, a lot of rigging is usually involved. in other to defeat PDP, the incumbent, you need to be too popular to be rigged in at least 3 zones in the country.

If we consider northerner/Fashola against GEJ: GEJ has SS and SE already and large portion of the middle belt will be rigged in GEJ's favour leaving NW, NE and SW. Do you seriously think the SW people (except Lagos may be) are angry enough to vote overwhelmingly against GEJ? This still leaves some room for manipulation by the SW PDP guys. Leaving only NW and NE. I can assure you, even the northern elites will not risk this, they would rather stick with GEJ if this is the case. A repeat of what happened in 2011 is likely.

Now consider a Fashola/El-rufai ticket. Fashola is extremely popular in the SW, that is the surest way to KILL PDP votes from the SW. let us count SE and SS for GEJ. Leaving us with NW NE NC. This time, NC will be divided in this case with PDP still having slight edge. Now where do you think NW, NE will go? with the right agreements, I think NW NE will go with Fashola since they know SW is automatic for Fashola and with them voting him, victory is assured rigging or no rigging.

The strong point for the opposition parties here is that they can have tangible agreement on power sharing/zoning/rotation and start afresh unlike the PDP who are currently having trust issues within themselves.

An arrangement on how to share power and even succession could be fashioned out like the type PDP did in the recent past. We should stop thinking about zoning or what would appease northerners at this stage. We are in a situation to start affresh again because the current political arrangement has been tamperred with. Since the PDP's zoning thing has been tamperred with, there is

My brother, everything , first and foremost, will proceed from candidates securing the ticket of Political Parties. Without the PDP, GEJ is nothing and Mr. President himself knows it. Many insisting the Presidency "must" come to their region in 2015 are also zero if they cannot secure the PDP ticket. This is the harsh bottom line.

let us see what will happen now that GEJ has lost the sympathy of Northern Governors who delivered the delegates he needed to defeat Atiku previously. Many Northern Governors had their own ulterior motives for working with GEJ to defeat IBB and Atiku. They simply wanted to position themselves better for 2015 while truncating the ambition of very strong Northern candidates who are preventing the next generation of Northern leaders from coming to the forefront. Many of these Governors are on their second term and have nowhere to go in 2015. They won't find it so easy to be pro-South in future when there is no self-serving incentivemotivating their thinking.

If , as I think the case will be, the PDP throws up a combo of very visible Northerner and charismatic/well respected Southerner (eg Donald Duke) then watch as a broad opposition coalition tries to do the same. It is very difficult to defeat a very influential/bullying/rigging ruling Party unless you beat it at its own game using its own tactics. I think a coalition will not embrace a risky gamble in 2015. They will settle for a combo that ticks all the boxes for equity/appeasement of the system/ strategising for the future/ peaceful and harmonious terrain for incoming President etc, etc, etc.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bashr8: 5:26pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem:

Look you cannot be insulting and lying against any group in Nigeria and somehow hope to get their votes. LOL that would only happen in your dreams not real life.

2015 Igbos don't even SW vote to win so I don't see the problem here. You have the population in Kwara, Ekiti etc to win it yourselves.

All this lies hate and propaganda against the yorubas just cause you lot are tribalistic to even think straight or the future of your generations would do no one any good.

1. GEJ should do federalism so that Niger-deltans can have their oil and the SW can rule themselves

2. If he can, he should do constant electricity. If no, he should still do the SNC

that is all, all this bigoted insults and hate against the North, Igbos and Yoruba would stop. It is easy really !!!
first of all i didnt insult any group , it is foolish for anyone no matter race or tribe to vote a northerner even when the north is on fire and threathning blood shed in 2015 , secondly igbos dont need yorubas they we just cant trust you in any decision you make , theres a minority yoruba that can be trusted and will vote an igbo candidate anyday but thats minority. btw when i use yoruba i mean tribalistic nairaland yorubas and yoruba leaders that keep licking north ass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Okorocha's Aide Arrested For Nkiru's Kidnap / How IBB Endorsed All Presidential Aspirants That Visited Him / Ibadan Gets New Market In Over 30 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.