Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! (17802 Views)

Breaking: Court Urged To Stop Jonathan From Running / Court Refuses To Stop Jonathan’s Impeachment / 2015: North Bids For Power Shift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 12:55pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem:

I know they are not ethnocentric.

Sir Gbawe, so would you vote for Atiku and Fashola vp ?

My brother an Atiku ticket would lose anytime anyday. We have Sanusi, Elrufia, Aliyu Babangida etc why Atiku

Alhaji, come on !!!!! You and others are beginning to annoy with how you repeat things that show you are clearly not reading or comprehending what others are writing. You write as if you are just interested in playing to the gallery. I cannot and will never support an Atiku Presidency. I detest Atiku. In fact, I will never support a PDP Presidency not even if Fashola is their candidate. We have seen the calculations of those who chose GEJ going horribly wrong when they naively held that "they voted for the messiah and not the PDP".

First, understand the core political belief and ideology of the PDP and you will see clearly why I will be the last person to ever vote for such a retrogressive Party in an age I can see, first hand, other African Nations thriving because the interest of a few is not allowed to be promoted, as a Party policy, above what is best for the Nation. We are stuck in the twilight zone in Nigeria because of the PDP. It is naive fools who will think corruption and other ills don't exist in fellow African States touted as "doing well". Those nation only differ to us with how, more and more, the leaders are beginning to compromise further by recognising that things are changing.

I hold no Party to be saintly but I think the PDP's core beliefs runs directly contrary to what Nigeria needs to develop as a modern state 'firing on all cylinders'.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by LogicMind: 12:55pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem: Bittyend and Logicmind, I don't like as you two are derailing the thread.

And who told you i care what you like?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by WilyWily5: 12:56pm On May 22, 2012
Too much eating of Oily Soup are causing Yorubas brain Malfunctioning.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2012
alj harem: Bittyend and Logicmind, I don't like as you two are derailing the thread.

How am I derailing the thread when I've abused any tribe??

I'm just exposing their lies with pictures.. cheesy cool

Pictures speak a lot, bro bro.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Ejine(m): 1:00pm On May 22, 2012
I guess I even spoke too soon.

It's amazing how a promising political discussion could quickly degenerate to soup.

Goes a long way to show the number of retarrdos we have on Nairaland.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 1:01pm On May 22, 2012
Rewind...

Beaf: People like Gbawe continue to think that Yoruba people are not wise or can all be roped in with his bigotry. Imagine the amount of crap in the sentence below:

Gbawe:

There is no insistence on a Fashola Presidency in 2015 - especially if Fashola as VP to a Popular Northerner puts the SW in a good position of producing the President thereafter. The region, for all that has happened, may realise , despite the misplaced optimism of yourself and others, that it may be more expedient for the SW to position itself well for the future than to join the "non-negotiable" sabre-rattling of others.

Here, we have Gbawe crapping on Fashola as is the constant story with ACN keeping that guy on a very short leash. Every year of his first term was energised with impeachment plots from his ACN party, and now he is not good enough to run for an ACN presidency, rather that goes to Buhari, the lord of blood soaked dogs and baboons!
It is a line of thought that is as disgusting as it is borne of frustration. One that is as insulting to the SW as it is an attempt to impose a low grade piece of shiit as President, rather than a man of Fashola's quality.

The desperate awuf chasing game ACN is playing, only becomes more apparent with Gbawe's every post. Thank you Buhari for yet another gaffe, otherwise many would still be fooled. Imagine dumping Fashola for Buhari or Atiku?! Tufia!! angry angry angry
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Nchara: 1:02pm On May 22, 2012
jmaine:

Only the Igbos you say . . .bros pack well jare . . .re-examine the presidential and the more locallized Governor election in the SW . . .and you will see an almost similar pattern in the percentage of willing voters . . . . We have solved that equation before . .so quit the bringing up the "Igbo" only gist
Did they vote for GEJ? If so, why do they keep heaping the fact of his presidency on the SS and SE?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 1:04pm On May 22, 2012
Being Yoruba is the best thing to happen to me.. We're too politically savvy in Nigerian politics... We're the power brokers in Nigeria, and no one can rule without us.. cool

I would be mad as well if all my leaders have only been ceremonial president, and ceremonial vice presidents. Who wants to play second fiddle for that long??

Even the Ijaws get more ratings, all hail the Ijaws...

The future power struggle in the future is across the Niger - with the battle between the almighty IJAWS, and other tribes. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by LogicMind: 1:06pm On May 22, 2012
Ejiné: I guess I even spoke too soon.

It's amazing how a promising political discussion could quickly degenerate to soup.

Goes a long way to show the number of retarrdos we have on Nairaland.

Thanks for confirming that oily soup is degenerate.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2012
Topic: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan !

I don't know how it involves oily soup, and ofemanus...

You dish out but can take it... This thread is not even about you guys to start with - I guess inferiority complex won't let you mind your damn business..
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by LogicMind: 1:07pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend: Being Yoruba is the best thing to happen to me.. We're too politically savvy in Nigerian politics... We're the power brokers in Nigeria, and no one can rule without us.. cool

I would be mad as well if all my leaders have only been ceremonial president, and ceremonial vice presidents. Who wants to play second fiddle for that long??

Even the Ijaws get more ratings, all hail the Ijaws...

The future power struggle in the future is across the Niger - with the battle between the almighty IJAWS, and other tribes. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And which Yoruba man has actually ruled nigeria?
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by LogicMind: 1:08pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend: Topic: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan !

I don't know how it involves oily soup, and ofemanus...

You dish out but can take it... This thread is not even about you guys to start with - I guess inferiority complex won't let you mind your damn business..

Whenever oily soup is mentioned, you look concerned. Why?

We wanted to mind our own business in 1967 but your brothers joined their masters to pull us back. You now have to deal with us whether you like it or not.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 1:11pm On May 22, 2012
Logic Mind:
And which Yoruba man has actually ruled nigeria?

OBJ the biafra killer.. You surrendered to him in 1970, and he ruled again with an iron fist; making him the longest ruling Nigerian president ever..

Well, we're from the same state. cool
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Gbawe: 1:11pm On May 22, 2012
afam4eva:
If i get you correctly, you're suggesting that credible political candidates will have to align themselves with political vultures in order to get validation.

Not at all. The PDP will do its own thing regarding a pragmatic or eclectic pairing of what current events indicates is the strongest ticket to offer an advantage. If others feel it must match that to oust the PDP, held to be the greatest headache of Nigeria because of its retrogressive control of the centre, then they should get together and produce the best for each position i.e President and VP.

The project of saving Nigeria means everyone should put personal ambition aside as Osita Okechukwu posited in the article I supplied earlier.

If the ambition of Fashola and some Yorubas has to suffer for that concept, then so be it !!! I am a 'user' of Nigeria unlike many who talk here yet are comfortably ensconced in their diasporan bases and unable to see what is important. I don't have time for idealism that does not match what is on the ground in the slightest bit.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2012
Logic Mind:
Whenever oily soup is mentioned, you look concerned. Why?
We wanted to mind our own business in 1967 but your brothers joined their masters to pull us back. You now have to deal with us whether you like it or not.

Oh well, we wanted our own country in 1959; but your ZIK wanted Nigeria...

We wanted regional government in 1966, but Ironsi wanted unitary government...

Blame Zik and Ironsi for your woes. grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by LogicMind: 1:18pm On May 22, 2012
bittyend:

OBJ the biafra killer.. You surrendered to him in 1970, and he ruled again with an iron fist; making him the longest ruling Nigerian president ever..

Well, we're from the same state. cool

Ahh!
Obasanjo the great. Twice president, twice forced to hand over power to aboki.
After serving as jail rat to the abokis, gave them sharia.
You can be very proud of him. The same soup fed all of you.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by jmaine: 1:23pm On May 22, 2012
Nchara:
Did they vote for GEJ? If so, why do they keep heaping the fact of his presidency on the SS and SE?

Facts show they voted for him too, even though the general voter apathy toward the polls was evident .

.whoever doubts that will only be shown a review of earlier proof given to that effect . . .

same here you accuse them of pinning it down on the SS/SE is the same way you claim the Igbos only gave him his SW votes . .the blame game goes both ways depending on the debate on ground grin
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 1:25pm On May 22, 2012
Logic Mind:
Ahh!
Obasanjo the great. Twice president, twice forced to hand over power to aboki.
After serving as jail rat to the abokis, gave them sharia.
You can be very proud of him. The same soup fed all of you.

OBJ the killer of Northern oligarchy, the only man to visit Boko Haram in their own house.. grin grin grin

The same man, the biafrans surrendered to...

The same man, the Ijaws see and shiver with fear (because odi is still fresh on their minds).

The same man, the middle-belters see and run for cover (Zaki biam is still fresh on their minds).

OBJ is a proud son of Ogun state just as I'm, and we're warriors.. We've produced the most successful people in Nigeria, no state comes close..

The Ogun river is the source of our bravery, it's just a pity I haven't had the opportunity to drink from that sacred river. grin

Oh well, at least he made an Ijaw man the president..

And if you guys can su/ck his balls like the Ijaws did - you may finally have a shot at the presidency..

Till then, keep playing second fiddle.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by blacksta(m): 1:32pm On May 22, 2012
The SW region will always align with any combination that will remove incompetency from Presidency and none of that foolish fresh air or i had no shoes mantra will work the second thing. Nigerians are tired of retrogression.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 1:46pm On May 22, 2012
This sectional and ethnically bigoted thread has decayed into the stup!dity it always was.
All hail dogs and baboons!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by lacasa: 1:56pm On May 22, 2012
Those in the North, South-West, South-East, South-South, Middle-belt, thinking of 2015 in 2012 are either idiots or fools or both.

We are not thinking of the imppact of subsidy cabal, we r not thinking bout bombs going off here aπϑ tђεя̩̥̊ε aπϑ Ђδω τ̅o stop it, we are not thinking bout Ђδω our government is going from bad τ̅o worse τ̅o worst,

Some are here laying claim τ̅o 2015 presidency.

May God punish both the politicians aπϑ the people who are involved

Useless people!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Baawaa(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2012
lacasa: Those in the North, South-West, South-East, South-South, Middle-belt, thinking of 2015 in 2012 are either idiots or fools or both.

We are not thinking of the imppact of subsidy cabal, we r not thinking bout bombs going off here aπϑ tђεя̩̥̊ε aπϑ Ђδω τ̅o stop it, we are not thinking bout Ђδω our government is going from bad τ̅o worse τ̅o worst,

Some are here laying claim τ̅o 2015 presidency.

May God punish both the politicians aπϑ the people who are involved

Useless people!
The answer to your questions is to stop GEJ before this country turn to Somalia grin shocked
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by mjconcept(m): 2:32pm On May 22, 2012
This is the main reason why Nigeria is not moving foward instead of planning the best way to solve our problems we are busy at each others throat over 2015 when we don't even know if we will still alive to see 2015. And let me ask is it a particular tribe will make Nigeria great or moral beings who understood the true nature of human beings,one who sees a fellow man as a human being? We should grow up and stop acting 12.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ANTITRIBALISM(m): 2:33pm On May 22, 2012
No Tribalism, Delete Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Wipe Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Erase Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Flush Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Sweep Tribalism, Terminate Tribalism, Condemn Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, Fight Tribalism, Kill Tribalism and Bury Tribalism.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by ak47mann(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2012
nigeria is over
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Beaf: 2:38pm On May 22, 2012
ANTITRIBALISM: No Tribalism, Delete Tribalism, Against Tribalism, Wipe Tribalism, Avoid Tribalism, Hate Tribalism, Erase Tribalism, Ignore Tribalism, Flush Tribalism, Reject Tribalism, Resist Tribalism, Sweep Tribalism, Terminate Tribalism, Condemn Tribalism, Oppose Tribalism, Fight Tribalism, Kill Tribalism and Bury Tribalism.

This is the most sensible answer to a daft thread like this that is food only for those like Gbawe who imagine that primitive sectionalism and bigotry can be wrapped in sweet words.

1 Like

Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by vanstanzy(m): 2:46pm On May 22, 2012
[/b]
wales: The North-West and North-East zones of the Peoples Democratic Party are banking on the South-West geopolitical zone to help them wrest power from President Goodluck Jonathan come 2015.

One of the PDP governors from the zones, who confided in one of our correspondents on what he said was the plan of the North to stop Jonathan in 2015 said the zone was already reaching out to people from other parts of the country. The governor asked not to be named.

He spoke as there were indications that the Middle Belt, a major power block in the North, might not support the region’s power brokers’ bid to stop the President in 2015.

The Coordinator of the Federation of the Middle Belt People, Manasseh Watyl, in an interview with one of our correspondents in Jos, Plateau State capital, said the belt should produce the next President of the country.

But the governor from the far North who spoke to our correspondent said both the political leaders and the traditional rulers from the zone were tired of the Jonathan Presidency, which he described as “unimpressive.”

He said it was evident that the President might no longer be acceptable to the South-West, which despite the popularity of the party controlling the zone, Action Congress of Nigeria, ditched its presidential candidate in 2011 to vote for Jonathan.

He said he knew that the zone was not happy with the number of cabinet ministers assigned to it by the Presidency and “besides the people of the northern part of the country are also aware that Jonathan had refused to appoint people from the zone to strategic positions in his government.”

He said, “We are confident that we will get the support of the people from the (South) West. We are aware that the people of the zone are no longer happy with the President because of the way he treated them and their leaders.

“We are also aware that the President has refused to appoint prominent people from the zone to strategic positions and we have started meeting with the leaders of the South West.

“Those who are saying that we no longer have a monolithic north should wait. When the chips are down, we know how to handle ourselves.”

Apart from that, he said the zone would also liaise with some governors from the South-South in order to compel the President to honour his agreement with the party that he was running to complete the tenure of (President Umaru) Yar’Adua in 2010.

He said it was on the basis of that understanding that the governors and the party supported his presidential aspiration in 2010.

Faulting the Northern governors, Watyl stated that they were entitled to their opinion on the presidency in 2015.

He stated, “Like I always say, the Middle Belt is also asking for Presidency come 2015. We are qualified. The North has ruled this country for over 30 years without any improvement. Let us try somebody from the Middle Belt. Gowon did very well in bringing Nigeria together.”

On the Northern governors’ support for the Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Maj.-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari’s comment on the 2015 polls, Watyl said that this was borne out of their desperation for the presidency in 2015.

He said, “They have no option than to support Buhari because they are desperate to have the presidency back to the North. They should wait for their time. They have not spoken the minds of the Middle Belt.”

Also, the President of Afonja Descendants Union, Ilorin, Kwara State, Alhaji Abdulkarim Kasum, on Monday cautioned the northern governors who were plotting to stop Jonathan from contesting the 2015 presidential election to stop distracting the President.

In a telephone interview with our correspondent in Ilorin on Monday, he said the action of the governors were capable of derailing good governance and delivery of democracy dividends to the people.

Kasum said the northern governors should rather focus their energies and resources on providing good governance in their states, rather than plotting against Jonathan.

Meanwhile, investigations have revealed that the Northern governors’ defence of Buhari in his altercation with the Presidency was borne out of fear of confrontation with the former head of state.

Our correspondents learnt that because of the security situation in the core north, the governors decided to avoid a confrontation with Buhari.

An aide to one of the governors in the North-West, who pleaded anonymity, told one of correspondents that “The governors’ statement was meant to defuse tension in the polity. Many people in the far North have rightly or wrongly taken Buhari as a folk hero. They think he is representing the interest of the core north.

“If the governors had attacked Buhari, they would have succeeded in whipping up support and sentiment for him. Their reaction was very diplomatic.”

The former head of state, had, while hosting members of the CPC from Niger State who had paid him a courtesy visit in Kaduna, warned the PDP against rigging the 2015 polls, else there would be bloodshed in the country.

Since Buhari made the comment, there had been altercations between him and the Presidency. But while the PDP had also attacked the former head of state, the Northern Governors Forum had said that Buhari’s statement was in order.

Link: http://www.punchng.com/news/2015-north-banks-on-swest-to-stop-jonathan/

@SouthWest

Get ready to receive another bashing from the North, if u agree to work with them. The Northern politicians are a HOARD OF VIPERS, POISONOUS and VENOMOUS SNAKES that the SW should keep away from. Why don't they (North) turn to the SouthEast? cos we'll trick 'em die. All the SouthEast need do is play along n strike 'em when they least expect.

For Northern gov'nors siding Buhari so as not to incure his wrath. Means they know he (Buhari) is the mastermind behind Bokoharam, while they (gov'nors) are small fish behind BH. I pity those in the North that think Buhari is for their interest, even the gov'nors know better.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by Sesan2: 2:47pm On May 22, 2012
kettykin: the spell that usman and ahmadu bello cast over nigeria has expired, the yorubas need not be told whom they will back, i see the core north becoming a political minority soon. The mistake yorubas made in 1966 and 1979 is responsible for their stagnation today, they should rather do a deal with gej than enslave themselves with the north

Where did this analysis come from? Absolute rubbish!!! Yorubas never made mistakes in 1966 and 1979 - and they are not stagnant today. If Yorubas are stagnant tell me who is making progress. They may not get what they think they deserve from the centre but they have always been sufficiently self-sufficient, throughout history. They will rather fend for themselves, than cry amd claim marginalization as some others do. When the opportunity comes, they will make sure you pay for crossing them - in a democratic setting of course.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by JimmyBoy1: 2:53pm On May 22, 2012
I may be wrong, but I do not see any core north candidacy selling in the Sout West come 2015. South Westerners will not just reward their blood spilling with a Presidential Ticket.

A Middle belter will be tolerable.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by vanstanzy(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2012
[b][/b]
Sesan2:

Where did this analysis come from? Absolute rubbish!!! Yorubas never made mistakes in 1966 and 1979 - and they are not stagnant today. If Yorubas are stagnant tell me who is making progress. They may not get what they think they deserve from the centre but they have always been sufficiently self-sufficient, throughout history. They will rather fend for themselves, than cry amd claim marginalization as some others do. When the opportunity comes, they will make sure you pay for crossing them - in a democratic setting of course.

@Sesan2

Awh! Yorubas too make mouth, yet it amounts to nothing in the long run. Just do what the speaker u're answering said and u'll be fine. COMMON!
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 3:14pm On May 22, 2012
vanstanzy: [b][/b]

Awh! Yorubas too make mouth, yet it amounts to nothing in the long run. Just do what the speaker u're answering said and u'll be fine. COMMON!

Just as your pops made mouth to your mother, punk...

Your igbo people are a nobody in Nigerian politics, stick to playing second fiddle..

Nyamiris are the most politically stupid people in Nigeria, even the Ijaws had a REAL president before you guys lol.
Re: 2015: North Banks On S’west To Stop Jonathan ! by bittyend(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2012
vanstanzy: [/b]
Get ready to receive another bashing from the North, if u agree to work with them. The Northern politicians are a HOARD OF VIPERS, POISONOUS and VENOMOUS SNAKES that the SW should keep away from. Why don't they (North) turn to the SouthEast? cos we'll trick 'em die. All the SouthEast need do is play along n strike 'em when they least expect.

For Northern gov'nors siding Buhari so as not to incure his wrath. Means they know he (Buhari) is the mastermind behind Bokoharam, while they (gov'nors) are small fish behind BH. I pity those in the North that think Buhari is for their interest, even the gov'nors know better.

I'd prefer we work with the North, than politically olodos in biafail land.. What don't you guys understand? You're non-entities in Nigeria, and no sensible tribe trying to achieve greatness will align with you guys.. You guys are a failure, politically...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

President Jonathan's Visit Yola, Adamawa State (Photos) / Peter Obi Celebrates Charles Soludo On His 63rd Birthday (Photo) / Six Govs, Alaibe Boycott Inauguration Of Sylva’s Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.