Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434579 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2012
koolmd: Hello Bro,

My application for the Canadian FSWP was actually returned at the initial stage. I sent in my docs and i got an e-mail after about 3months that my profession had been removed from the ministerial list and its no longer eligible for processing.

Threafter, my documents were mailed back to me.

Pity. But it's better that they did it now than to keep you in suspense for 3 years before turning it down
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2012
Like howmuch should I have in my personal account and can I back up my account with my sponsors account statement, and my personal statement has not had very regular pay in april, may and june but july, aug, sept, wud have very good pay in it can I still use my statement of account like that since I want to apply by end of september. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by saintanthonyd: 7:36am On Aug 02, 2012
Hello and well done.
@Vicjustice or anyone that can advise:

Pls, what's the time range for processing uk student visa in Nigeria as it's 17workin days already and i still havnt had mine; d wait is killing me.
More so, does a late response from BHC indicated that there would be a refusal? I mean, does it take them longer time to refuse visas than to grant them?
I'm really very apprehensive here and I always like to prepare for shocks.
Would appreciate some reply. Thank U.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2012
saintanthonyd: Hello and well done.
@Vicjustice or anyone that can advise:

Pls, what's the time range for processing uk student visa in Nigeria as it's 17workin days already and i still havnt had mine; d wait is killing me.
Embassies are usually finding it difficult to decide Student Visa inside their official time frames, so, it could take any period from their given number of days even to two month later.

saintanthonyd:
More so, does a late response from BHC indicated that there would be a refusal? I mean, does it take them longer time to refuse visas than to grant them?
I'm really very apprehensive here and I always like to prepare for shocks.
Would appreciate some reply. Thank U.
No, late response doesn't indicate that an application would be refused, rather (on the contrary) it usually is an indication that an application is deserving a good consideration. Know that it is an easier job for them to refuse a visa application than to approve it.
The BHC would not waste its time on application that deserves a straight refusal, yet, applications could still be refused after passing through the initial stage. And considering that a vast majority of visa applications result in refusal, I reckon a 50% chance to applicants whose applications stay longer than the normal duration time with the embassy
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by poopppyLiillyy: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
I was denied a Visa today based on d fact that d act statement I used doesn't carry d same surname with mine.he is my brother,his mum married my dad after his dad died,but the VO doesn't feel convinced enough,pls what can I do?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
poopppyLiillyy: I was denied a Visa today based on d fact that d act statement I used doesn't carry d same surname with mine.he is my brother,his mum married my dad after his dad died,but the VO doesn't feel convinced enough,pls what can I do?
Read the origin post carefully to learn more about sponsor use
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by emmanuelson20: 9:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
poopppyLiillyy: I was denied a Visa today based on d fact that d act statement I used doesn't carry d same surname with mine.he is my brother,his mum married my mum after his dad died,but the VO doesn't feel convinced enough,pls what can I do?
Once again, sorry for the denial, be strong, you will be granted next time. I think u made a mistake here, "his mom married my mom after his dad died"! As for your question, there are 2 options i have for you. (1) You go to the High Court at ikeja or anyone close to you to get a notary officer sign & stamp a letter written by your Step-brother establishing his relationship with you. (2) If you can get a bank account statement with your surname preferably from your mom, it is the best of the 2 options cos this would create an impression that you have genuine intention of studying in the U.S. Hope this works. Peace.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:11am On Aug 03, 2012
emmanuelson20: Once again, sorry for the denial, be strong, you will be granted next time. I think u made a mistake here, "his mom married my mom after his dad died"! As for your question, there are 2 options i have for you. (1) You go to the High Court at ikeja or anyone close to you to get a notary officer sign & stamp a letter written by your Step-brother establishing his relationship with you. (2) If you can get a bank account statement with your surname preferably from your mom, it is the best of the 2 options cos this would create an impression that you have genuine intention of studying in the U.S. Hope this works. Peace.
Your advice/suggestions would be perfect if PoopppyLiillyy is applying for student visa, but it seems s/he is applying for tourist visa; therefore, sponsorship is a jeopardy
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by poopppyLiillyy: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
Vicjustice: Your advice/suggestions would be perfect if PoopppyLiillyy is applying for student visa, but it seems s/he is applying for tourist visa; therefore, sponsorship is a jeopardy

Yeah,Its a Student Visa,and I was denied cos of the "diff-in-surname" thing...my parents ar nt avn an act with d required amount,only my step-bro does.So mayb I will do d affidavit/notary signature thing.Also av been tryn to reapply and get an emmergency date cos my school will be resuming August 27,but I dnt knw how....Pls can someone help me out??!!!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

Yeah,Its a Student Visa,and I was denied cos of the "diff-in-surname" thing...my parents ar nt avn an act with d required amount,only my step-bro does.So mayb I will do d affidavit/notary signature thing.Also av been tryn to reapply and get an emmergency date cos my school will be resuming August 27,but I dnt knw how....Pls can someone help me out??!!!

Only your mom or daddy can sponsor you, not step-brother or sister.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by poopppyLiillyy: 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2012
justwise:

Only your mom or daddy can sponsor you, not step-brother or sister.

But Why??!!....I av already entered his name as my sponsor for the 1st interview,will uttering it nt affect me in the next interview or is it even possible to change it atall at this time to My parents??
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

But Why??!!....I av already entered his name as my sponsor for the 1st interview,will uttering it nt affect me in the next interview or is it even possible to change it atall at this time to My parents??
If your parent is your sponsor, you won't be obliged to prove anything except to prove that the fund is available. But if you are using any other person as sponsor, you will have to demonstrate why the individual choses to sponsor you and how your education will benefit him.
This is why it is extremely difficult to get a visa using a sponsor who is an outsider.
I understand your sponsor is your step brother, but observing his surname, the ECO will consider him an outsider

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by poopppyLiillyy: 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Vicjustice:
If your parent is your sponsor, you won't be obliged to prove anything except to prove that the fund is available. But if you are using any other person as sponsor, you will have to demonstrate why the individual choses to sponsor you and how your education will benefit him.
This is why it is extremely difficult to get a visa using a
sponsor who is an outsider.
I understand your sponsor is your step brother, but observing his surname, the ECO will consider him an outsider

So what can I do now....I can't utter it anymore,especially nw for the 2nd interview...and my parents dnt av d required amount in their act.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

you did not read the UK student rule before applying for visa, its clearly stated there that only your mum and daddy can sponsor you or your country Govt, international organisation...etc,just hope that the ECO will not pick that up during the interview
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by poopppyLiillyy: 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
justwise: you did not read the UK student rule before applying for visa, its clearly stated there that only your mum and daddy can sponsor you or your country Govt, international organisation...etc,just hope that the ECO will not pick that up during the interview

Its a US student Visa(F1),nt UK.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2012
poopppyLiillyy:

Its a US student Visa(F1),nt UK.

Ok, you should have made that clear.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by poopppyLiillyy: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2012
justwise:

Ok, you should have made that clear.

So what do u advice I do now Pls.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by t4joseph: 2:54pm On Aug 08, 2012
Earlier it was stated that you cannot apply under the basis of a sponsor at a particular age. I am 29years and finished school 2010. My Uncle wants to sponsor me for masters. If he provides all his statements will it be accepted and is it compulsory that a certain money must also be in my account?
Also is it compulsory to do the GRE or GMATs exam for Canadian Universities
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by t4joseph: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
Myself and my Uncle have the same surname. Does this matter when it comes to him sponsoring me to Canada?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Lastbourne(m): 5:17pm On Aug 08, 2012
@justwise and @vicjustice. Am still waiting for your take on the new uk financial rqt needed for spousal visa. What 'shortcuts' are available for prospective applicants whose spouse doesnt make up to the requird income. And also like what and what can be used in lieu. Waiting
wink wink
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2012
Hello,

Justwise et al, no one in the house is responding to my request on my canada trip.......
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by follyfash85: 10:11am On Aug 10, 2012
@ vicjustice
Please..I am a carpenter, and I went to don bosco vocational school in my ondo state to learn capentry.
I am interested in going to Canada to undergo training that can set me apart from other carpenters in Nigeria as most don't have certificate to back up the work.
I already applied to monhawk college in Ontario fo apprenticeship certificate.
I attended university of ilorin but didn't comlete my degree due to some problem.
I just set up my carpentry company here in Nigeria about a year ago.
Finance is not a problem.
But my real concern is what will Vo @ the Canada embassy will think of me going for apprenticeship training as major Nigerians go for bsc and masters....do you think I have a chance
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2012
follyfash85: @ vicjustice
Please..I am a carpenter, and I went to don bosco vocational school in my ondo state to learn capentry.
I am interested in going to Canada to undergo training that can set me apart from other carpenters in Nigeria as most don't have certificate to back up the work.
I attended university of ilorin but didn't comlete my degree due to some problem.
But my real concern is what will Vo @ the Canada embassy will think of me going for apprenticeship training as major Nigerians go for bsc and masters....do you think I have a chance
I understand that Carpenters are disdained in Nigeria, but it is not the same in western countries, in fact, they are regarded as skilled workers.
However, it is unusual for a person to be applying for study visa under such profession, howbeit, it is neither abnormal nor unacceptable.
Now, some things will come into considering factors; first, know that the greatest concern of Visa Officers is the fear that a person would not abide by the rules of a visa if issued: therefore, as the owner of a prosperous Carpentry Company, i am of the opinion that (if done normally) you stand a reasonable chance for your application to be successful because, your company and your position in it will be seen as Home Ties or Obligation to make you want to return to Nigeria after your training.
All you need to do is to prepare to answer these questions:
*Why did you choose to train in Canada
*Why would you be spending so much money for the training
*How do you think the training would be beneficial to you and your company
*How do you intend to manage your company while training abroad etc
And most of all you need to secure an admission place in the School/Training Facility, and ensure that you need to have a compliant Bank Statement (refer to the original post for guidelines).

WARNING! Do not attempt to outsmart the visa officer with any fraud, misleading, fake or tempered documents; do not give misinformation or tell (a documented) lie, do not use a false Date Of Birth, any of these will get you banned for life from Canada and the USA altogether
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by datola: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
Please what document does one who own a company needs to attend a 1-day training in the UK? Please specify if Invitation letter will be necessary and who should issue it. The trip is October ending, hope the whole process can complete before then.

Thanks so much.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 6:26am On Aug 11, 2012

I think its important to know how much your company turns over in a year after tax, if you are making less than what the trip to Canada will cost you then chances of getting a visa is very slim.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 6:30am On Aug 11, 2012
datola: Please what document does one who own a company needs to attend a 1-day training in the UK? Please specify if Invitation letter will be necessary and who should issue it. The trip is October ending, hope the whole process can complete before then.

Thanks so much.

The UK company organizing the training will send the IV.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by pauloman(m): 7:46am On Aug 11, 2012

My dear Carpenter friend you do not need any study permit to enter Canada because with your skill lever you are a major asset to yourself and Canada needs people like you as permanent residents at the moment. Its a pity how people like you dont know their global worth because of lack of adequate information. But God is ready to uplift your status that is why he led you here to get the information you need to excel.

I just got my permanent residence visa approved in canada as a skilled worker and planning to relocate soonest. But unlike you i am a Civil engineer. I can confidently tell you that you are very qualified to enter canada like me. Get your self prepared to package your application as a trades skilled worker applicant to the Canadian High Commission in Accra,Ghana early next year as a new policy regime for trades skilled workers like you will be available at the time. All you need to do is package your application well ,devoid of fraudulent documents of any sort and you are well on your way to Canada like me with your PRV and not TRV. Cheers !

NB: As a trades skilled professional you do not need to be a university graduate. The work requirement is for you to have a minimum of secondary school education and also for you to have undergone an apprenticeship or work experience in that trade or undergone training for a minimum of 3years. This applies to skill trades like welders,plumbers and so on
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2012
pauloman:

My dear Carpenter friend you do not need any study permit to enter Canada because with your skill lever you are a major asset to yourself and Canada needs people like you as permanent residents at the moment. Its a pity how people like you dont know their global worth because of lack of adequate information. But God is ready to uplift your status that is why he led you here to get the information you need to excel.

I just got my permanent residence visa approved in canada as a skilled worker and planning to relocate soonest. But unlike you i am a Civil engineer. I can confidently tell you that you are very qualified to enter canada like me. Get your self prepared to package your application as a trades skilled worker applicant to the Canadian High Commission in Accra,Ghana early next year as a new policy regime for trades skilled workers like you will be available at the time. All you need to do is package your application well ,devoid of fraudulent documents of any sort and you are well on your way to Canada like me with your PRV and not TRV. Cheers !

NB: As a trades skilled professional you do not need to be a university graduate. The work requirement is for you to have a minimum of secondary school education and also for you to have undergone an apprenticeship or work experience in that trade or undergone training for a minimum of 3years. This applies to skill trades like welders,plumbers and so on
But the guy doesn't seem to be interested in migrating to Canada (which is what your recommendation is suitable for), i thought he said he wants to travel to Canada for training so that he may stand out among other competitors in his trade

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by pauloman(m): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2012
Vicjustice:
But the guy doesn't seem to be interested in migrating to Canada (which is what your recommendation is suitable for), i thought he said he wants to travel to Canada for training so that he may stand out among other competitors in his trade

It was only a recommendation to him as you have rightly put it. If he gets the information and he embraces it all well and good. To me he stands a better chance of getting a PRV as compared to TRV
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by emmanuelson20: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2012
Good Evening Everyone, i have a friend who got an admission to study in the US & every other documents needed for a visa interview are ready but to his surprise, he couldn't get an appointment interview date for the past few weeks. Although, i advised he should defer his studies till spring, but he said deferring will nullify the Partial Scholarship granted as rightly stated in his I-20 form & e-mailed by the director of international programs. Its obvious his chances of getting a date is very slim, but we are hoping for a miracle. Please house, your assistance is highly needed in the area of getting him a date preferrably 17 Aug-22 Aug. Thanks a lot. Peace.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by follyfash85: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
Vicjustice:
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by follyfash85: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2012
Vicjustice:

@vicjustice
Thank you alot
I am planing on apply to mohawk college in Ontario for apprenticeship certificate training on general capentry.
I am intrested in relocation and work for some time befor I return back home.I'm just thinking that studying and working for sometimes will afford me the opportunity of making money and invest in my own company at home.my fear is that I don't often hear about guy going abroad for these type of my training.please advice .....thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.