Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? (10084 Views)

Reasons Why Your Girlfriend Will Disrespect You!! / How Couples Should Share Financial Responsibilities In The Home. / What Are The Responsibilities Of A Boyfriend Or Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
When young Nigerian men complain today on how their wives don't give them full respect as the man of the house unlike during their childhood days when their mothers basically 'worshipped' and feared their fathers. She dare not disobey his instructions and even if she was displayed at his actions, she doesn't point it out to his face in the public.

What so many (larger percentage) men of this generation fail to realize is that, their Fathers catered for the needs of the family 100% without asking a dime from his wife to support the family. Bust now, its a norm for men to share responsibilities with their wives like Feeding, house rent, power, water, security, childrens school fees, dstv, phone, feeding and even groceries bills with their wives and this same men expect to get 100% (full) respect and accord from their wives?

Where on earth is it possible for one 'partner in business' to be a slave to another when you hold equal or sometimes majority investment in the business.

Nigerian men if you want 100% respect and loyalty from your wives, then start taking 100% responsibility of the needs of the family and home from.

10 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk: When young Nigerian men complain today on how their wives don't give them full respect as the man of the house unlike during their childhood days when their mothers basically 'worshipped' and feared their fathers. She dare not disobey his instructions and even if she was displayed at his actions, she doesn't point it out to his face in the public.

What so many (larger percentage) men of this generation fail to realize is that, their Fathers catered for the needs of the family 100% without asking a dime from his wife to support the family. Bust now, its a norm for men to share responsibilities with their wives like Feeding, house rent, power, water, security, childrens school fees, dstv, phone, feeding and even groceries bills with their wives and this same men expect to get 100% (full) respect and accord from their wives?

Where on earth is it possible for one 'partner in business' to be a slave to another when you hold equal or sometimes majority investment in the business.

Nigerian men if you want 100% respect and loyalty from your wives, then start taking 100% responsibility of the needs of the family and home from.
Dumb A??
Men that are doing 100% still don't get the respect
Today is different from 1970
In the developed countries of the world it now takes two income to support a family
Year back my man will have two cars in the garage, a house that is today 300,00.00 (in 19770 the same house was 40,00.00) mid-class income of 45,000.00
Women are have good education as man today and better income
So keep your BS to yourself

5 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by Mynd44: 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
Chai
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames:
Dumb A??
Men that are doing 100% still don't get the respect
Today is different from 1970
In the developed countries of the world it now takes two income to support a family
Year back my man will have two cars in the garage, a house that is today 300,00.00 (in 19770 the same house was 40,00.00) mid-class income of 45,000.00
Women are have good education as man today and better income
So keep your BS to yourself

*laugh wan kill me*

I took the patience to read through your comment before checking your gender and lo and behold, I knew it was one frustrated man that would have gone rantting that bad.
If the post said "women respect and honor your husbands". Moro*ons like you will give us a billion examples how women of those days knelt to feed their husbands now you are quick to justify why the responsibility MUST be shared.

A word of advice, you can't have full control to a ground when you aren't paying the full bills. If you like, Hang Yourself. Na you sabi.

9 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:09pm On Jun 18, 2012
Mynd_44: Chai

Wetin nah?
You dey fear ni abi wetin cause the shout?
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
So if the man were responsible for all bills he would be free to disrespect his wife?and she wouldn't have any basis for complaint abi?

1 Like

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
Men fighting? I likey! May d punches commence....
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
fresh_dude: So if the man were responsible for all bills he would be free to disrespect his wife?and she wouldn't have any basis for complaint abi?

don't put confusion or twist words here.

Even when a woman earns far more than her husband and the man NEVER raises the issue of 'shared bills or responsibility', no matter how feminist or egocentric that woman is, she will adore and give her husband his full respect as the man of the house.

Those are the kind of executive women who irrespective of tight schedules and late meetings at the office, will sneak home to go and prepare dinner for their husbands and kids and will never travel on official meetings without giving the man few days prior to the travel date.

They are not scared the man will leave them or their lives will crumble without him. But rather they respect him for his self dignity and utmost love and sacrifice for his family.

m

5 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:

*laugh wan kill me*

I took the patience to read through your comment before checking your gender and lo and behold, I knew it was one frustrated man that would have gone rantting that bad.
If the post said "women respect and honor your husbands". Moro*ons like you will give us a billion examples how women of those days knelt to feed their husbands now you are quick to justify why the responsibility MUST be shared.

A word of advice, you can't have full control to a ground when you aren't paying the full bills. If you like, Hang Yourself. Na you sabi.
Your Dumb A?? need to grow up in the real world
Nobody in a relationship should have full control
Married is a partnership pilot and co-pilot
I am not sure what part of the world you live in
Try and find out
If you bless and make lot of money Yes you can F??king pay all the bill
You sound ignorant

2 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by Mynd44: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:

Wetin nah?
You dey fear ni abi wetin cause the shout?
Shaking in my boots
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by pharmking: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
I wonder why there are primitive man as the OP nowadays...Things are evolving and we need to change our rotten mentality. Your wife sharing responsabilities with you doen't mean she won't respect you. Respect is earned and deserved. The women that know what they want in marriage and knows how to keep a man give repect and treat their men well. You just have to find the right one.

2 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:24pm On Jun 18, 2012
pharmking: I wonder why there are primitive man as the OP nowadays...Things are evolving and we need to change our rotten mentality. Your wife sharing responsabilities with you doen't mean she won't respect you. Respect is earned and deserved. The women that know what they want in marriage and knows how to keep a man give repect and treat their men well. You just have to find the right one.
Dumb acidtalk:
Listen to a lady that I think has see the world
Know what it takes to raise a family
Not your Foolish BS Goat head
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames:
Married is a partnership pilot and co-pilot
Try and find out
You sound ignorant

Yeah! I now sound ignorant because I am coming out as a Fellow Man in the open to state why men no longer get the respect they deserve because they have intentionally belittled themselves by fighting agressively for their wives to share domestic responsibilities with them right?

When it comes to issue of finance, you all are quick to shout "Equality" in marriage, anything aside that you want a "totally submissive wife".

See gendal sentiments oh!

10 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:28pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:

Yeah! I now sound ignorant because I am coming out as a Fellow Man in the open to state why men no longer get the respect they deserve because they have intentionally belittled themselves by fighting agressively for their wives to share domestic responsibilities with them right?

When it comes to issue of finance, you all are quick to shout "Equality" in marriage, anything aside that you want a "totally submissive wife".

See gendal sentiments oh!
Married should be equal
I am not looking for a slave
There always have to be somebody to lead in some area in a relationship
Your wife might be better in management money

1 Like

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:
If you married to a Doctor and you work in the bank
Most likely your wife will make more money than you
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames:
Dumb acidtalk:
Listen to a lady that I think has see the world
Know what it takes to raise a family
Not your Foolish BS Goat head

One more Insult from you and I will make Nairaland as a whole in miserable hell for you (not just this thread).

Must your comments be filled with vulgar language? If you can't keep your low self street life off nairaland then it isn't a must you contribute. Must you derail the thread?

Obvious you are a freaking sorry a$5 irresponsible man.

We don talk about none sharing of responsibilities see as him blood don the rush.

Na your kind useless self no go drop money for food begin cross leg in front of tv dey wait for dinner.

3 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:33pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:

One more Insult from you and I will make Nairaland as a whole in miserable hell for you (not just this thread).

Must your comments be filled with vulgar language? If you can't keep your low self street life off nairaland then it isn't a must you contribute. Must you derail the thread?

Obvious you are a freaking sorry a$5 irresponsible man.

We don talk about none sharing of responsibilities see as him blood don the rush.

Na your kind useless self no go drop money for food begin cross leg in front of tv dey wait for dinner.
Kid
You can not do that
The goal here is not to insult you
You talk like we are in the 1960 or 1970
I am very bless, the lord is good to me
So I am not a $5 man
My wife make more money than me now
Yes but I have make lot more than her in the past
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames: acidtalk:
If you married to a Doctor and you work in the bank
Most likely your wife will make more money than you

See, I have seen men whose wives earn up to 3 times their salary and yet they never share responsibilites with their wives.

Their wife assist on her own without the man pointing out what and what are the bills she is to pay.

Such men will always have their wives assist and cater for the home FULLY when he (husbnd) embarks on a future project I.e building of their future home or investing in a business. They man has earned the trust and respect of the woman and as such there won't be an issue when the woman starts picking up the bills.

Not some low life kid that starts to share responsibilities even while dating (not married) for fear that he doesn't want his fiance/wife to save more that him or get richer than him as such let him take from her as much as he can so she doesn't become richer than him.

2 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:39pm On Jun 18, 2012
I have a rule today and for all men
If you make 100,00.00 and you wife make 20,00.00
make her contribute some, she has to have a stalk in the married
If she make 70,00.00 some day, she will still think you have to do it only because you have done it in the past
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:42pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk: if you make 10,00.00 and you wife make 30,000.00
so tell me the story here
Dude I use to be the type of dude that will say
I will take care of it NO problem

You make money
You are going to contribute or you can keep moving
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames:
Kid
You can not do that
The goal here is not to insult you
You talk like we are in the 1960 or 1970
I am very bless, the lord is good to me
So I am not a $5 man
My wife make more money than me now
Yes but I have make lot more than her in the past

now let us deliberate like gentlemen.

When you were earning more than her was she also sharing responsibilities (bills) in the home?

Now that she is earning more, is she footing more bills than you are?

Sit deep, relax, breath in and out and be TRUTHFUL, since then and now did you notice any 'slight' change in her behavior (respect/submissiveness) towards you?

I will honestly like to know sir.
You are the ones (married men) I need their honest contribution on this thread

Thanks in advance sir.
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames: I have a rule today and for all men
If you make 100,00.00 and you wife make 20,00.00
make her contribute some, she has to have a stalk in the married
If she make 70,00.00 some will still think you have to do it only because you have done it in the past

Sir, I totally understand your point and see reasons to it. But do you think the respect she gives you now will be anything compared to if you are 100% responsible for the upkeep of the family?

Just let's share this whole scenerio without insults and quarrels. Honest facts are needed here.
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:

now let us deliberate like gentlemen.

When you were earning more than her was she also sharing responsibilities (bills) in the home?

Now that she is earning more, is she footing more bills than you are?

Sit deep, relax, breath in and out and be TRUTHFUL, since then and now did you notice any 'slight' change in her behavior (respect/submissiveness) towards you?

I will honestly like to know sir.
You are the ones (married men) I need their honest contribution on this thread

Thanks in advance sir.
I still pay the mortgage
but there is a car I have always wanted to drive, I am not ready to get the car now or next year
She want to get the car for me I f I need any thing and ask she will give it to me
She just paid off a car she bought last year
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:

Sir, I totally understand your point and see reasons to it. But do you think the respect she gives you now will be anything compared to if you are 100% responsible for the upkeep of the family?

Just let's share this whole scenerio without insults and quarrels. Honest facts are needed here.
No disrespect brother
Dude
Please don't no call me sir
The respect is not different like I told her I have made more money than her in the past
I am working on thing the will still bring me money
You have a great day
From one brother to other bro love u
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk:
Even when a woman earns far more than her husband and the man NEVER raises the issue of 'shared bills or responsibility', no matter how feminist or egocentric that woman is, she will adore and give her husband his full respect as the man of the house.
WOW! And you actually beleive this?!! Your mentallity is so warped, i don't even know where to start from
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
Shollypopz:
WOW! And you actually beleive this?!! Your mentallity is so warped, i don't even know where to start from

Have we wondered to find out why some women will still stick their butt in their home knowing fully well their husband is a perpetual Cheat, Woman Beater and maybe even a drunk?

Irrespective of his flaws, they know they might never find a man who caters for his family as much and whole handedly as their husband does.

t
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by slimyem: 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames:
Your Dumb A?? need to grow up in the real world
[b]Married is a partnership [/b]pilot and co-pilot
Try and find out
You sound ignorant
you can say it but do you practise it as such?
Do you treat you wife as a partner or as someone lower in ranking?
Do you consult her before you take decisions or you just do because you are the man?
Do her opinions count?
Y'all can cry foul about how women disrectpect you and bla bla butyou do nothing to earn the respect!
Nothing except typing it out on NL.
Nonsense!
M with you on some of these op..not all!

1 Like

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by luckgames(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
slimyem: you can say it but do you practise it as such?
Do you treat you wife as a partner or as someone lower in ranking?
Do you consult her before you take decisions or you just do because you are the man?
Do her opinion count?
Y'all can cry foul about how women disrectpect you and bla bla butyou do nothing to earn the respect!
Nothing except typing it out on NL.
Nonsense!
M with you on some of these op..not all!

I am a real man that goes all out for my family
Yes I do practice it and have respect for women
That is my problem
You sound selfish
The men should work themselves to death for you?
I hope you have a brother
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by ayobase(m): 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2012
MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING!
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by slimyem: 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
luckgames:

I am a real man that goes all out for my family
Yes I do practice it and have respect for women
That is my problem
You sound selfish
The men should work themselves to death for you?
I hope you have a brother
work themselves to death?
Where did i say that?
A woman will gladly share responsibilities with you if you treat her like a partner that she is.. not something lesser.
But treating her like an insurbordinate and expecting partcipation in responsiblities alongsides 100 percent respect is a big FAIL!!!

2 Likes

Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by acidtalk: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
slimyem: work themselves to death?
Where did i say that?
A woman will gladly share responsibilities with you if you treat her like a partner that she is.. not something lesser.
But treating her like an insurbordinate and expecting partcipation in responsiblities alongsides 100 percent respect is a big FAIL!!!

Really want to know where the 'lack of respect' in marriages emanated from. Is it from sharing responsibilities or what exactly.

Also please what are the areas you don't agree with me on? Will like to know and get corrected.
Re: Does Sharing Financial Responsibilities Bring Disrespect In Marriages? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2012
acidtalk: Have we wondered to find out why some women will still stick their butt in their home knowing fully well their husband is a perpetual Cheat, Woman Beater and maybe even a drunk?
Irrespective of his flaws, they know they might never find a man who caters for his family as much and whole handedly as their husband does.
Reasons why??
These women might lack the financial strength to stand alone, Scared of being lonely, The stigma that comes with being a divorcee, The fear that they will never find another man to love them and their kids, The stu.pid, archaic mentality that requires women to be submissive and stick to their marriages regrdless of the hardship they have to endure.
The fact that you think wives are disrespectful because their husbands don't take full financial responsibility is quite perturbing. But then again, only God knows the shallow minded females you've met or the type of people you surround yourself with.
Come to think of it, I think your topic originates from the following mentality:
You do not believe Nigerian men should disperse the the same respect they demand from their women
You believe that men should be the one and only financial provider in the house
This i presume, is where your absurd conclusion incepts from and if i'm right, You are simply a SEXIST who is on a slow path of discovering it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can A Relationship Work When We Have Different Backgrounds / Watch Full Video Of Bobrisky's Former Pa Oye Kyme / Post A Photo & Let Us Guess Your Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.