Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,384 members, 7,822,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance (22638 Views)

My Besty Gives Me Attitude When I Use My Fiance Pix As Dp / Bisi Alimi, His Mum And His Fiance Pictured Together / See The Reason My Girlfriend Of 3yrs Is Breaking Up With Me, Screenshot Added (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by vanstanzy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
victorian: I Have Changed My Mind, No Longer Getting Married To My Muslim Fiance

I thought marriage is a shared effort between two parties. You share the joy, the difficulties, the happiness and thorns that comes along with it, but i was dead wrong yesterday. My fiance and I had a deep talk yesterday about possible challenges we were likely to encounter if we ended up married. After drawing up a lsit of those challenges, I felt like I could work round those challenges, however the only one i could not accept is his claim that he will not assist me financially should I have any financial issues in future.

I was surprised at this and asked if he was serious. First, I rarely ever ask him for money even when I get broke occasionally like everyone else, but how can I be married or even have a fiance that wont support me financially? For God sake, I am not an island that breeds and survives on its own. I am a normal human being like everyone else. My fiance stood his ground in spite of all these points I made and said "nope, I aint doing that."

What even hurts is the fact that he helps his friends and family out financially when they are down. So why should my case be different? I have come to realise that the reason for this might be tied to the fact that I am successful. He is sees it foolish to be there for me if am broke and to cap it all, he expects me to take care of our needs financially at home when we get married. We once made plans to save up for a car, but he stopped paying and told me that I should buy the car myself. According to him, the reason why he stopped paying was because I own a buisness while he is a salary earner. Is it crime to be successful?

I feel so sad, disgusted and realise that I can't go ahead and marry him. If I have to feel single while being married? What is the use of getting married in the first place If i cant count on my partner to be there for me. I don't think it is all about exchanging sweet words. Mere words are of no use to me. I receive sweet words everyday, so its no big deal. I have female friends and we assist each other sometimes, because everyday is not Christmas and sad situations happen that could make one go broke. I have worked myself hard for years, and I wont add to my workload after marriage. It is not worth it. Nah.....too much liability.

Anyway, this morning I told him I needed a break. I think we both need the break to think things through. We need to find out if we are suitable for each other or not. As far as I can see, I don't think so. Not any more. I thank God, he told me this on time before I took such a huge step as marriage. Abeg,let me focus on my business and friends that truly care about me. Can you guyz imagine?

Sis, if ur story is for real, then "KICK HIM TO THE KERB& MOVE ON!". Its a good thing u're finding this out now. NO KIDDING, BUT FINANCE IS A VERY BIG ISSUE IN MARRIAGE, ONLY SECOND TO intimacy.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by keni: 4:45pm On Jun 19, 2012
Finland: Why say " my Muslim boyfriend?" what does religion has to do with this? mtchew!

Ohhhhhh why did you beat me to it now?
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by JimOvia: 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
Wow. People on nairaland are so so gullible. You guys believe anything. No matter what someone writes, he'll get comments.... By the way I'm not a human typing this. I'm actually an alien in my spaceship.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2012
victorian: I Have Changed My Mind, No Longer Getting Married To My Muslim Fiance

I thought marriage is a shared effort between two parties. You share the joy, the difficulties, the happiness and thorns that comes along with it, but i was dead wrong yesterday. My fiance and I had a deep talk yesterday about possible challenges we were likely to encounter if we ended up married. After drawing up a lsit of those challenges, I felt like I could work round those challenges, however the only one i could not accept is his claim that he will not assist me financially should I have any financial issues in future.

I was surprised at this and asked if he was serious. First, I rarely ever ask him for money even when I get broke occasionally like everyone else, but how can I be married or even have a fiance that wont support me financially? For God sake, I am not an island that breeds and survives on its own. I am a normal human being like everyone else. My fiance stood his ground in spite of all these points I made and said "nope, I aint doing that."

What even hurts is the fact that he helps his friends and family out financially when they are down. So why should my case be different? I have come to realise that the reason for this might be tied to the fact that I am successful. He is sees it foolish to be there for me if am broke and to cap it all, he expects me to take care of our needs financially at home when we get married. We once made plans to save up for a car, but he stopped paying and told me that I should buy the car myself. According to him, the reason why he stopped paying was because I own a buisness while he is a salary earner. Is it crime to be successful?

I feel so sad, disgusted and realise that I can't go ahead and marry him. If I have to feel single while being married? What is the use of getting married in the first place If i cant count on my partner to be there for me. I don't think it is all about exchanging sweet words. Mere words are of no use to me. I receive sweet words everyday, so its no big deal. I have female friends and we assist each other sometimes, because everyday is not Christmas and sad situations happen that could make one go broke. I have worked myself hard for years, and I wont add to my workload after marriage. It is not worth it. Nah.....too much liability.

Anyway, this morning I told him I needed a break. I think we both need the break to think things through. We need to find out if we are suitable for each other or not. As far as I can see, I don't think so. Not any more. I thank God, he told me this on time before I took such a huge step as marriage. Abeg,let me focus on my business and friends that truly care about me. Can you guyz imagine?
J_E_S_U_S run away
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Unitedabby(m): 4:53pm On Jun 19, 2012
Sweetlemon: You see! @op, thank God you took my advice to shine your eyes wella before getting married to him. Nigerian guys of today are fast turning into gold diggers. They want to marry high earning women all in the name of marrying an "independent woman" so that they can shy away from their God-given duties of being the main providers of the family! So many women have fallen into this trap thinking "oh! he admires my abilities, he is proud of my achievements" only to wake up to reality the night after the honeymoon! because the truth is that we women love to be taken care of even if we have our own money. FACT!
Men!
p.s,There are still some good self-respecting ones out there who still firmly believe in taking the lead roles in caring of their wives and kids finances even though their wives earn higher.
Goodluck to all of us!
GOOD ending
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by lawmercy: 4:55pm On Jun 19, 2012
Am sure this problem didn't start today, the signs were there, you just didn't listen.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by nerodenero: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
I have a feeling you are not telling us the truth.If you guys could scale through religion,I dont think money is supposed to be an issue.Based on your boring super story,I dont think the guy wants you and you answered your question already.In case you dont know,peruse it again and you will see clearly the solution.

1 Like

Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Aahammed1: 5:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
If u like go kill am na u sabi
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by chemberlin(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
My dear the headline alone is enough for me to ask u to do so cos it the best thing. I didn't read ur story but will let u knw that the word love is blind is a big lie, cos loves sees and it will take u to d rite person. A muslim friend or fiance is as u not having any cos from that book they call holy quran chapter 2 vs 23-29 made them understand that they should not have or make, help, relate, or even get help from christains no have anytin to do with them, a religion that depends and wants u to revenge when someone hurts u? Doesn't that sound unreasonable and they call it a holy book...thank God u are realizing and seeing him now as a foolish person. How I wish I make the headline here. Seun please I want u to make this a headline for me abeg...waiting for any tembliq dude to reply....I will tell u that after my muslin friend read this chapter of the quran yesterday he made up his mind to withdraw from that religion and believe. Friends becare of ur conck muslim friends
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by emesv26(m): 5:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
Which part of the country he came from ?? just focus on urself for sometime and make ur choice .............
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by moremi2008(m): 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
Just thank your lucky stars this came out before you tied the knot! Your eyes would have seen so much wahala from this marriage.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
JimOvia: Wow. People on nairaland are so so gullible. You guys believe anything. No matter what someone writes, he'll get comments.... By the way I'm not a human typing this. I'm actually an alien in my spaceship.

Yea, I'm now thinking this must have been a made-up story all along because it just seems so fishy.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by olempe(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2012
I think that's seriouse...
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by basadenet: 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
I will advise you to go and beg the guy now before he changes his mind finally. Let me ask you, where will you find another man?
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by nairalady(f): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2012
cindyrella:

Bless you!

Erm... erm....
*Sneeze* embarassed
lol grin

Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Skmoda360(m): 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2012
Dyt: Sneezes
why u dey sneeze?
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Skmoda360(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2012
cindyrella: I don't belive the op one bit undecided
tinkin in dat direction too.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by yemi221(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2012
why d muslim. Rubbish.i dnt blame u.i blame the moderator that put the post on the front page
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by diesel86: 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2012
@ poster u mst be a stupid fellow for using that caption MUSLIM fiance cld it not av been simple fiance.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by crackhouse(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2012
Is the guy an Hausa muslim or from other tribe?. If he's hausa muslim, then u really have to develop wings and fly as soon as possible. But if u decide to stay back, i just have only one sentence for u. Don't come back here to tell us u have been bathed with an Acid because i will definitely go deaf & dumb by then.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Unitedabby(m): 5:33pm On Jun 19, 2012
@sweetlemon,are you married?why?i think we'll make a great couple!
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Odicious: 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2012
God is connecting u with ur true husband. It may be me anyway...lol
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Odicious: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
diesel86: @ poster u mst be a stupid fellow for using that caption MUSLIM fiance cld it not av been simple fiance.
must u insult everyone
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Lyns32uk(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2012
[quote author=cindyrella]

Bless you!

Erm... erm....
*Sneeze* embarassed[/quote
Kpele!
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by BSFTURNER: 5:39pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Poster you'v made the appropriate decision and God help you with with it... By the way What as this story got to do with Religion ?
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Makarty(m): 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
mmmmm....
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Dermie: 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
Vikin:
Why do you think she is seeking attention? yall need to grow up!

What if she just needs your input or comment to the subject @ hand?

If you dont have anything to contribute just hit the back button and let the thread be.

Attention seeking

i fink u av problem...every normal human would know she needs attention....first of all, what does the guys religion gat to do wif her issue?....and secondly, her claim do not seem genuine....and thirdly she might falsely claim she has financial problem to estort money from her husband...Lolz..
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by ziccoit: 5:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
The way you described your fiancé leaves a lot to wonder. Why you must use that title beats all the sensible reasons.
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Unitedabby(m): 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2012
United_abby: @sweetlemon,are you married?why?i think we'll make a great couple!
could you email me plsss!! talk2gentleabby32@gmail.com.promise to take pretty good care of you...i'm serious girl!
Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by MacLovington(m): 5:58pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Poster sorry to hear your story. Both of you need to think things through.

But the topic is a bit misleading. I am not a muslim but what has being a muslim got to do with this? I thought the issue was a religious one.
Have you considered the following:

Does he disapprove of the kind of business you do? Maybe regarding usury and stuff? Or does he possibly disapprove of your going out to earn money at all?

Was he always a bit tight-fisted but you decided to see things through rose-tinted glasses? or did he change along the way?
Did he grow up in a ploygamous home where his father's wives had to fend for themselves?

How long have you been together and you just realised this aspect of him? What was his reaction when you told him you needed a break? These may betray whether you have just done what he was hoping for: to get rid of you.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by Akainzo(m): 6:00pm On Jun 19, 2012

And which part of your post has anything to do with him being a Muslim??

2 Likes

Re: I Am Breaking Up With My Muslim Fiance by crackhouse(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
yemi 22: why d muslim. Rubbish.i dnt blame u.i blame the moderator that put the post on the front page
i am very sure if she had said "christian fiancee" that u will not be angered and u wouldn't have made a similar statement, abi?. Probably u are a muslim and u now felt insulted henceforth the statement, right?. Well, Maybe u took an expired panadol extra and u may need another one cos the headache is doing a lot of damage to ur brain, can't u see that it's affecting ur comments?. N.B: try and get a good drug whenever u visit a chemist/patent medicine store. Always beware of immitation cos we have a lot of fake ones out there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigerian Girls Have Smelly Pussy Problem? / At 10, I Had My First Sex With My Primary School Teacher Right In The Toilet / Big/fat Girls Need Love Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.