Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,382 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? (10938 Views)

Poll: Is he an asset or a nuisance?

Asset: 54% (50 votes)
Nuisance: 45% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Etisalat Mast Power Generator Causing A Nuisance / Medjai Is The Official Sports Section Poster Of The Year - 2010. Congratulobia! / Improving The Sports Section: Nairaland Needs Your Input (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Go Down)

Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Seun(m): 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2007
You only get banned when you get caught. wink
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by chuckdee4(m): 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2007
viperman:

Sorry. I meant to say cursing. But if you say cursing is no offense on this site then that's good news. Let me start practising on you.

You are a buffon! Your head is so small, it gets lost in your girlfriend's cooch when you try to give her a 'head'. grin cheesy grin

Now go eat that for breakfast! grin

U obviously aint getting non to try get at me and my gf
Breakfast, that was more like a snack
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by tosinadeda: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2007
Seun pls tel me all this are lies o
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by wormedup(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2007
seun,

i guess these are some of the sensible people you were making reference to.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95729.0.html
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by viperman: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2007
wormedup:

seun,

i guess these are some of the sensible people you were making reference to.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-95729.0.html

Wormedup, that thread pales in comparison to threads with people posting pictures of private parts, Gay sex, threads with titles like 'My d@ck is long', 'my pussy is wet' etc.

Seun leaves threads like those and threads dissing other members. Threads like this one-
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=97608.0  created to defame peoples' characters.

I wonder who he is fooling when he says he wants to sanitise the forum.
Let's admit it, he is usually biased and selective when it comes to 'sanitising' the forum.
That is what makes us think he has personal issues with people he bans.

In this case, I believe the tolotolo story. grin
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by jejelolatu(f): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2007
whaoooooooooooooooooooo
jeez,i can see a lot happened while i was up in the sky. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i guess everyone knows where i stand on this jackal /ban thingy.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

yea,i should be smiling.

but hey,this place is boring ooooooooooooooooooooooo undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

maybe, jackal should be given a 7 point condition for being unbanned , like the one that was given to obaseki,

maybe that would sober him

seriously thou,unban the jackass.

i hate to have to say this,but jackal is important to this thread.

there are not many jobless people that can be on nland 24 /7 like jackal. grin grin grin grin grin grin

i have learnt to ignore him except when i feel like being naughty.

moreso, it takes two to tango,

jackal couldnt possibly be the only guilty fella here or has jackal begun to fight and diss himself?

i aint trying to make a case for jackal here,nahhhhhhhhhhh

am just saying the truth the way i see it.

jackal is neither an asset nor a nuisance, he is somewhere in between,
thou, more often than not, he tends towards the nuisance side.

but we can all try to cope with it/him

thats the whole essence of living.[ co-existence]
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by wormedup(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2007
viperman:

Wormedup, that thread pales in comparison to threads with people posting pictures of private parts, Gay sex, threads with titles like 'My d@ck is long', 'my pussy is wet' etc.

Seun leaves threads like those and threads dissing other members. Threads like this one-
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=97608.0 created to defame peoples' characters.

I wonder who he is fooling when he says he wants to sanitise the forum.
Let's admit it, he is usually biased and selective when it comes to 'sanitising' the forum.
That is what makes us think he has personal issues with people he bans.

In this case, I believe the tolotolo story. grin

i'm no stranger to that piece of knowledge.
and to cap it off, he makes it quite public !
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Banderas(m): 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2007
Hey Seun, I'm not going to speak specifically about any member, but I'll try to give you my unbiased point of view.
There are MANY people who come here to argue, some wisely, some stupidly, some just to wind people up. It's all acceptable, and is not a big deal if things can be kept to a reasonable and realistic level. What I have however noticed so far is that there are a few people who are behind EVERY single major infraction on the forum. It's quite ridiculous. Some of us would like to have proper civilised conversations on the forum without someone casting slurs on our sexual orientation, or accusing our parents of various forms of bestiality, insulting statements that have absolutely nothing to do with football.

Seun, what normally happens at this point is either we back down and walk away, carrying our annoyance and irritation throughout our day and dissipating it gradually to innocent bystanders (I got into a fight once some hours after getting severely insulted on this forum), or we retaliate. And then WEb get banned (An example here would be Somze who in my opinion is a very polite and mannered person, but simply got wound up on a certain day, and the rest is history).

I cannot in all honesty insit on a ban for anyone. The fact is that everyone brings their distinct flavour to the threads. I would however very much appreciate a better environment, with facts instead of insults flying around.

Oh by the way, I don't consider anyone as VITAL to the thread. We are all equally important, and deserve the same amout of protection and respect.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Seun(m): 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2007
wormedup and viperman have been banned.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by eldee(m): 4:15pm On Nov 30, 2007
Is Jackal an Asset or a Nuisance?  

Hmmnn let me put it like this, after Arsenal matches, all of us go to the Gunners Only thread to celebrate and feel happy,
You see pple coming and droppin unecessary comments like 'Arsenal is the greatest' or 'Gunners 4 EVA'and they leave sooner than they signed in. Them guys like Jackal come and drop a long analysis of that same match with enough things to argue about. then the battle starts, Viera picks and analyses every sentence so does Mukina, and the everyone supports, This is the weekly ritual on that thread and we are not likely to stop soon.

Simply put, U can't live with him, we can't live without him
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Cougar: 4:31pm On Nov 30, 2007
are we still on this topic? for how long are we going to be talking about jackal? is this a plot to allow jackal's enemies to say their minds about him?
this is a forum for christ's sake and things like this happen everywhere in the world. if u cannot live with someone on a board then bond with somebody else. jackal's analysis makes the sports section buzz. i cannot count the number of times i have tried to google an information and it takes me straight to the sports section of nairaland. his thread has the highest number of pages on the forum and that is because jackal and other fans(arsenal, chelsea and portsmouth) of the forum discuss football at the very best.

i don't understand why people take this online stuffs so serious. we are all virtual people. i will never meet 99.999% of the members of this thread so if anyone disrespects me, he or she is just wasting his/her time. let us learn to tolerate one another so this mud-slinging and clear back-biting can stop.
at the end of the day, u own the forum and the overall decision should be yours but please unlock red devil's thread. matches will be played tomorrow and we need to analyse soccer. justkunmi, tkb417 and naija4eva are itching to comment or get information on the thread but we have not been able to use the thread.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by loyika(m): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2007
Does anyone know the Arabic translation for; THIS IS FLIPPING BORING!! tongue

So his Royal Scumminess: Le Chacal Mongrel the 5th Viscount of Scumland has been banned, and you all decide to hold a Funeral/wake keep service

With everyone dropping "Sermons on the mount" on the relevance or non relevance of this and this member let me put my bit in.

Anyways what i will say is;

1, If Chacal is banned, whom will Gunners laugh at when we win all trophies this season But seriously, which other prominent Man United Nairaland supporters are we left with?

a, JK - hardly posts on the regular nowadays.

b, Bola Ni   undecided  Bellintin or TinTin (Whatever he calls himself these days ) - Refer to statement above.

c, Manscum4life - is busy trying to promote his records.

d, Hugoboi - Is taking care of his drug store.

e, Rikky Ricardo - generally comes in only when Arsenal lose a game, more like JK and Tintin.

f, Fynewaka - with a name like that, need i say more.

g, Razorr (Elizabeth) - Well i guess you have just banned her as well, cause she's a "Ride or Die" Chic (In this case banning Chacal is as good as sentencing her to death grin).

Basically the others that are too numerous to mention, don't really log on that often.  undecided Wait am i forgeting someone  OH YES!? Silly me embarassed

Last and LEAST!

Man Servant - Now you can't go wrong by banning him continously, but you see, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT We all have to tolerate folks, whether we agree with them or not, as Jesus says in Matt 26 : 11- "The poor you have with you always" (Which very much captures my take on I-Man).

So as you can see Seun, banning Chacal is just as good as biting your nose to spite your face. But in the long run, you will do whatever you have to do, SO THIS FLIPPING THREAD IN THE FIRST PLACE MAKES NO SENSE! INNIT!?

BAN HIM OR NOT; You live with your conscience (I doubt Le Chacal will lose sleep over any of this).

cool GOONER 89

P.S. So what you are saying basically is that, if you become President of Naija, we should Rekindle our "Andrew is checking out" mantra, before you ban anyone on a whim
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by lordimpaq(m): 5:33pm On Nov 30, 2007
crap, utter crap,

this thread has become a shadow of its former self,

well, i guesss we'll have to start looking for someplace else,

in the words of le chacal, "all you fucktards think u can whine the shaggadelicks out of me, shame on ya, all u ninnies"

Seun:

wormedup and viperman have been banned.

why u dey tell us, we no wan know,
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by rikkyjen(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2007
, If Chacal is banned, whom will Gunners laugh at when we win all trophies this season

Bro, this is utter garbage!. Wake up and sniff the coffee!. Winning all trophies? Right! Try Seun Osewa as the next Chief Software officer of Microsoft Inc.  grin grin grin grin.

Rikky Ricardo - generally comes in only when Arsenal lose a game, more like JK and Tintin.

and this is erroneous! tongue. My posts are there to diss any team that looses, even if United lose tommorrow, Imma Log in to nail the casket of 'em Boyz, not to talk about Assnal & their shitty bench!  grin grin grin.  tongue
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by loyika(m): 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2007
Ha ha ha  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sh@tty bench indeed cheesy cheesy

Oh well, guess i might as well BAN MYSELF!! Before i get banned as well one day grin grin PREVENTION THEY SAY; IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE grin grin

Here i go banning myself (Till tomorrow grin).

lipsrsealed GOONER 89
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by hucarson(m): 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2007
Holy Shhhhhhhhhhhit!!!!!!!!!!

Jackal banned on the day i touched down in the UK to battle Arsenal/Chelski fans? What is going on here?
Excuse me, who are the people involved in this blasphemy? Where's Dr. Kitaun, 4Play, Akolawole, Priscilla, Nightrider and Lordimpaq?
Somebody should start talking, please.

UNBAN JACKAL NOW, HUCARSON IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by tocdee(m): 9:01pm On Nov 30, 2007
Thats why I luv liverpool threads, I mean its jackal free, no?

Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Akolawole(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Seun

Please Seun, Unban Jackal and Wormy.

The worst part of it is the locking both United and Arsenal threads. This has denied quite a lot of "unsinned" members opportunity to post on those "highly trafficated" threads.

People have spoken out and i am sure you've noted all comments. I believe the comments will in some way helped you.

Please do what is right.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Iman3(m): 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2007
Akolawole:

@Seun

Please Seun, Unban Jackal and Wormy.

[b]Please [/b]do what is right.

All these "please" una dey talk dey vex me angry angry He must unban those people or I will be taking his name to Okija shrine! angry angry
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Iman3(m): 9:16pm On Nov 30, 2007
@tocdee

What is the point of the picture?Are you some kind of necrophiliac?
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by tocdee(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2007
I-man:

@tocdee

What is the point of the picture?Are you some kind of necrophiliac?

That guy is obviously not dead, or is he? But at least I dont think he is, but if he is, then i seriously regret that post!!
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Priscila(f): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2007
Huc dear! welcome aboard' weep not ma man!how was ya loooong sabbatical leave? as for me am cool just reading
Long time men!

Anyway I think Jackal is banned because he is a veteran on this section and he gets irritated by newcomers easily.For us who know him from that 2005 season of premiership we understand  he listens out before speaking and he has an open mind plus that inborn thing intelligence and never entertains insurbodination on Manchester United football.Not everyone can understand him. he attacks and guys come out defending with all available weapons.When I holla Arsenal he glorifies  United and thats sports.

open letter to mr seun the admin o.
Sir,Your ban is justified
setting up such a thread is enough punishment and humiliation to him.he wont repeat it I bet.Its fair you took sound and timely decision and jackal will sooth himself to sanity since some guys just try his patience deliberately.I also read some threads like {for gunners only,red devils zone and they were actually eye sores}he just went haywire.Needless to say, the guy is such an analyst as in tactically and technically proficient when handling sports however he gets offended by dude comments  especially from new gunners on forum and takes it to heat levels incase someone heeds his advice.
His determination to force decisions through opposition always result in chaos and misinterpretation.sir, to crown it all he is our eyes and ears for those of us who have less time to post though we come reading sports.Thanks for keeping us informed and kindly unban him plus guys like Kitaun and wormedup. They are not that bad. Thats ma opinion though the decision rests with you to stamp ya authority. ma three cheers!

@ Jackal
ma dear am sure you are reading this.You can see how cursing can land us to indefinate ban.incase you are set free to come back ignore those posts which will agitate you.Am sure admin O did this without hard feelings  but just a disciplinary measure for you to seek responsibility and take charge of ya actions plus you seek self improvement.Whats character ?set the example for new comers and it will be an ill use free forum the way it was sometimes back in 2005.
a word is enough and i know you are more than wise. Just use initiative and imagination where one sounds ill to you.sports is a bit dilute without you
nice time.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by mrpataki(m): 10:00pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ Priscila,

That was articulately well said.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by hucarson(m): 10:51pm On Nov 30, 2007
@ Priscilla,

So good to hear from u. What is going on here? Why was Jackal banned at all?
I dont understand whats going on here at all?

@ I-man,

Nigga, fill me in cos i am about to start shooting sporadically.
U9ted was also slammed shut.
The Admin should do something to this, its getting out of hand.

@ Akolawole,
Where are u? UK or Ibadan?
How are u coping without uncle Mourinho?
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by dyabman(m): 5:38am On Dec 01, 2007
WHY CANT EVERYBODY LEAVE THIS THREAD AND FORGET ABOUT JACKASS,  AND IF HE DOES RE-REGISTER WITH THAT SAME SARCASTIC AND ABSURD CHARACTER,  THEN MISTER SEUN WILL TAKE HIM OFF AGAIN, 

SO HAPPY, HAHAHAHA
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by dyabman(m): 5:40am On Dec 01, 2007
JACKASS IS GONE AND LET IT BE, AND LET SOMEONE ENDS THIS THREAD , IS GONE AND BANNED FOR REAL, SEE HIM IN H**L,
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by Akolawole(m): 10:24am On Dec 01, 2007
@Iman

Dont mention Okija, Seun na Abeokuta man.

I even hear say im girlfriend is from Ijebu.

You know what that mean undecided

@Seun

Sorry seun, me i no dey there o. grin

Ogun state people are nicest people in Naija but Abacha was "somehow" from Odogbolu grin

I am on my knees, please unban everyone including those two threads.

I remember that OBJ came to Ibadan sometimes ago and declare that We should be "managing" Adedibu.

Jackal is our own Lamidi Adedibu, we will continue to "manage" him.

@Jackal

People have spoken

Nothing to add but just amend ya venom as much as you can. Few of these guys annoy me as well and if not for Doctor Kit, i could have been given cyber-beating by few of them.

Hopefully, we will see the usual brilliant but Venomless Jackal back into the fold.

Welcome back Son by seun's grace. wink
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by bagoma(f): 11:43am On Dec 01, 2007
i just have to say something.

first this is damn funny. jackal = adedibu. grin
@ jackal,
even amist his vulgarism and excesses i still find myself laughing at his posts.

no one has ever got me riled as much jackal/"we all know his other id" did abt 2yrs ago on the sports thread, so much so i lost all my cool and hurled abuses back at him. but i have come to love him and i missed him when he was away for over 6months like no one else here.

pls unban him but if not, he's already here posting.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by joeb1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2007
@Seun

please, unban jackal this sport is boring without him please i am begging un his behalf. jackal has contributed a lot to this sport thread espically the united thread. jackal make me as a person to always want to visit the sport thread, just to read his views. even if some of his post are bad, he still makes sense out of it. seun i beg u one more time please unban jackal and the united thread.
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by McOmo(m): 1:27am On Dec 02, 2007
After Jackal don resurrect 4 dis obodo thread una still dey plead 4 hin 'unbanning' ? Ok o, Oga seun unban Kitaun too before we carry ur name enter Okija shrine !
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by lordimpaq(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2007
shucksss, frankly NL doesn't have that sex appeal it used to have,

NL sports thread is now a shadow of its former self,

but no worries,
Re: Jackal: An Asset Or A Nuisance To The Sports Section? by justkunmi(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2007
Just coming in only to see this thread!!! and I'll say I'm really disappointed!!!. .

A thread wasn't opened before his ban, now after banning, a thread is opened to ask people if it was a good decision. . .
That just doesn't go down well with me. . . at all at all at all. . .

Like someone said in the earlier pages, its like you've got something planned out, only lookin for what people would say with this thread. . .

And if I may ask, WHY WAS HE BANNED?? (you may have answered this before cus i didn't have the patience to read through completely)
If vulgarity was the reason, then this whole sports section should be closed for all I care.

Everybody here has his own way of expressin himself. , Jackal for one chose to be loud and he makes his points known whichever way he chooses to. . .so whoever is not pleased with his way of communication should stay away from him. .
I mean why should I be banned because of the way I spoke to someone who probably annoyed me in the first place?

Loyika chose sarcasms as his way of passin his messages across
Debosky chose the cheeky side to his posts with his funny little comments
Razorr chose the loud feminist way of gettin her messages across
Akola, Kit, Lordimpaq, Muki and the rest all have their ways. . . . .
Jackal chose to speak his mind. . .and in this case to tell you exactly what he thinks. . .and if vulgarity would pass the mesaage across. . .fine!!!.

. . .infact wit the way idiots keep roamin the sports section with senseless and baseless posts, i think vulgarity is the way!!! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11)

Reported New DSTV Channel 240 Because Of Cr7's Move To Saudi Arabia False / Occupy Nairaland / Pictures ; Human/dog Hybrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.