Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (23594 Views)

Are Ladies Truly Impossible To Please? / Are they afraid of my financial status: / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ObongOluomo: 9:24am On Jul 17, 2012
There is a man for every woman out there. Being a career woman does not mean your the best so keep it cool and the Mr right will come your way,besides Naija guys are not as bad as you think sha..
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by willkon: 11:41am On Sep 14, 2012
Madam, be careful with this Nigerian guyz, Its very hard to fine a sincere person. especially on site. just my own advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Osio: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2012
Maybe the moment you take your mind off searching for a Nigerian guy, you will find the right Jamaican guy.
Have an open mind. You may want a Nigerian, but still thank God you aint hooked up with a Fraudster.
Maybe you need to get involved in some corporate outings, dinners and luncheons. There is the tendency to meet good guys there. Maybe Nigerians too. ALso try keeping touch with some Nigerian friends. As few as you may know

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by shevon: 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2012
desari: Nairalanders,

I am a career woman in my late 20's living in the U.S. It has been almost impossible for me to meet good Nigerian men much less Nigerian men at my financial level. As you all know the U.S is very big; i generally don't hang out with Nigerians..not that i don't want to, i just don't know where and how to go about meeting up with my people. When i do go out to naija lounges or clubs in my area, all i find are little kids playing around or 419ers( which i would rather remain single than have anything to do with them). I have tried the church avenue, but i am catholic, and catholic churches in the U.S are much different from naija catholic churches. I live in NYC, so anyone that can give me pointers on where to meet eligible professional Naija men would be great.

I have been very blessed and fortunate in my chosen career, and i would want a partner that can pull his own weight financially in a relationship. Though i have accepted that i would most likely do much better than a potential partner, i can never respect a man that would find it hard to give me money to cook food in the house and take care of some bills, instead of assuming i will take care of it since i make much more. Akatas and white men chase me all day, but i would rather settle down with a Nigerian man(preferably yoruba) i am half yoruba and half something elsesmiley I grew up in naija, so i speak yoruba and can cook naija food well well.

Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!

Take my advice: Marry an oyinbo you feel is on the same financial level with you. If you are looking to marry a naija guy (with all this things you've listed and with the obvious k-legged attitude you have depict above) you go reach 40 begin beg for anything whey get winky to take you as a wife.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by iamjean(m): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2012
why not many da whi te men,because i see u hv no plans of coming back, just marry the whitemen and settle there, simply as ABC.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kt3tu(m): 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
It is one thing for someone to like somebody, but
it is another thing entirely for that somebody to
reciprocate and like that someone. (Kelly KT).
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by mikolo80: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
desari:
@ekt bear, thanks for your advice. I am more than reasonably good looking, i am just not fortunate to be around nigerians in my line of work. As you have noted, my catholic church has very few black people; everytime i attend mass, the black people in church number between 3 and 5...never more than that. I think attending a few RCCG services are in order tongue

@Braveheart: Great advice as well. I don't live a flashy lifestyle at all for the reasons you mentioned and its just not part of my personality to put myself out there like that. I also know that living a flashy lifestyle will only attract the wrong people. At this point, i have even become evasive about telling people what i do.
Instead of being a spend thrift, I invest my money, shop for the things i need, enjoy fine dining in NYC, take my mom on vacations a few times a year and save towards retirement.
hmmm
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by khia: 5:39am On Mar 10, 2015
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by meobizy(f): 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
Somebody will come here conjuring fantasies and Nairalanders choose to entertain him/her? Tufia!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by EddieAsuzu: 11:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
desari:
Nairalanders,

I am a career woman in my late 20's living in the U.S. It has been almost impossible for me to meet good Nigerian men much less Nigerian men at my financial level. As you all know the U.S is very big; i generally don't hang out with Nigerians..not that i don't want to, i just don't know where and how to go about meeting up with my people. When i do go out to naija lounges or clubs in my area, all i find are little kids playing around or 419ers( which i would rather remain single than have anything to do with them). I have tried the church avenue, but i am catholic, and catholic churches in the U.S are much different from naija catholic churches. I live in NYC, so anyone that can give me pointers on where to meet eligible professional Naija men would be great.

I have been very blessed and fortunate in my chosen career, and i would want a partner that can pull his own weight financially in a relationship. Though i have accepted that i would most likely do much better than a potential partner, i can never respect a man that would find it hard to give me money to cook food in the house and take care of some bills, instead of assuming i will take care of it since i make much more. Akatas and white men chase me all day, but i would rather settle down with a Nigerian man(preferably yoruba) i am half yoruba and half something elsesmiley I grew up in naija, so i speak yoruba and can cook naija food well well.

Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!

First things first:
1. What's your definition of "a financially stable man"
2. What if he's Catholic but not Yoruba,earns well,handles he's bills and has an open mind.
Reach him on 08063658249(Calls only for now)

BestofLucK
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by BabbanBura(m): 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
ITbomb:
If you believe in this quote , then we can talk about the future

Dem no go hear this woo! Singlehood all the way to the g...e
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jan 04, 2019
Get a professional matchmaker or go to Millionaire matchmaker dating website.

But for real, it's better to go out and to meet real people, to meet an interesting man and to date, if you both love each other, it will work if he has more than you or less, we both can progress together.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 3:47am On Jan 04, 2019
desari:
@hotshot_peter

Nah, definitely not a gold digger...just want someone who can bring as much to the table as i do. Of couse it is not all about money, but there is no way i am taking care of a grown a.s.s man.

Thanks for your civility, i wish you good luck as well in all your future endeavours.

Girl.. I live in Dallas..good luck with that. But honestly. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things will be added into you. At one time I was bothered, just like you. I tried to put matters in my own hands and got burnt. Wait on the Lord, be the best you can be, the right man God will provide .

When you look, you will find the wrong thing. Read my story on my profile. I just vow to help others.. Be patient. - You don't always find the best men in church either..trust me..bad men go to church to find good women

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 3:56am On Jan 04, 2019
olaboy1:
Acidtalk, we know what she wrote and what she didn't write, but a lot of us have chosen to address an overlap of what she didn't write but actually meant, not that we were second guessing her, but rather using hard talk to help her check mate her wants. Whilst she was replying most of the comments, I could perceive her jingoistic arrogance in most of her blinkered and selective views. We have a lot of naija guys marrying sistas without any job or foreseeable income and still cater for her extended family without batting an eye lid. The world's economy is crashing everyday and people are been thrown out of jobs. My wife's company downsized and she lost her job but was placed on unemployment benefit for one year that has since elapsed, fortunately for us i got an extra job "work from home" as a data analyst along side my daily 8 hours, were i work only one hour daily to mine data sent to me electronically.

I don't have anything against Desari in general. I have certain issues with individuals or aspects of their thinking formation of course just as I have with any other logical arguments. My point was and is to address the ridiculous nature of hinging one's entire happiness on finding a partner on same financial platform. Desari was trying to work out a financial quota where she can have a partner with equal spending ability not minding the income volume (in the reality of life any such quota would be so subjective as to make it largely nonsensical....A ≠ B, you gat to go through other variables to get to D, a great lesson I have learnt)

I am not dismissing finance as relevant, but the OP's attempt to use it to support her cause as a strong criterion will get her nobody to bring anything to the table.

Live your life naturally without those stringent rules and the right naija broda will walk into your life naturally and in some few years may end up earning higher than you

This is terrible advice. Money is very important. Desari should never settle. I wish I knew this before. I was that girl, giving chances to men who barely had anything and I never will ever again.

Supporting their visions and encouraging them. Do not do it. Pray and be patient.. understand that comment on potential

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 4:03am On Jan 04, 2019
desari:
Nairalanders,

Last but not least. Your approach of searching here will do more harm than good. Be careful to open yourself to Fraudsters and opportunists
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Peter4luv: 8:39am On Jan 04, 2019
willkon:
Madam, be careful with this Nigerian guyz, Its very hard to fine a sincere person. especially on site. just my own advice.
well am very sincere and i mean no harm to you..just wanna be be friends.....am sincere and telling the truths..God bless you.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by nijiatech78: 11:32pm On Apr 10, 2020
desari:
Nairalanders,

Hello my friend. This is not a good approach to make a search. Your write up clearly gives room for more of the wrong sets of Guys to get you. Would be best creating a thread on possible places to meet Nigerians and then allow a potential man discover your true worth by himself. He will appreciate and value you more since he found out himself rather than you telling him your true worth. Wish you well

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
desari:
@tpia,

Tpia, i am not claiming to be bill gates or steve jobs. For a single woman at my age with no children, i do pretty well. If i meet a man a man that is at my financial level then that's great, but if not..i at least want him to be able to buy some stuff like food stuff...go half on the bills when we eat out e.t.c. I don't think i am asking for much. I am going based off a past relationship, where this bobo wanted me to take care of all things financial...needless to say i had to kick him to the curb. I find it hard to respect such men.

Regardless of the fact that i have lived in the U.S for quite few years I am still a naija woman, and i would love it if a guy i was in a relationship came to me of his own free will and said "babe here is some money" cook some fabulous ila asepo and some hot amala for me" instead my ex would want me to buy groceries with my money all the time so he can enjoy the food too. imagine that nonsense?? Thats when i decided no more "akushe folks" bobos have to be able to play their part
financialy or they can keep it moving.
. I believe there are jobs in the State unlike NIGERIA, so no responsible guy will want you to take his bill, but I guess you looking for someone who is at par with you in terms of finance.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by veave(f): 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
This thread was created in 2012 that's 8years ago and the OP was last seen online here in 2013 that's 7years ago. Who will tell us now If she finally met someone and He's her speck? Chai!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 11, 2020
desari:
@acidtalk...God bless you for understanding me.
With some of the comments here, you would think i was asking for something utterly ridiculous.

. You err when you mention anything finances. No responsibile man even if he is very rich will like that competition.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 11, 2020

The OP is a lunatic, and I don't like anti-Nigerian men threads...

You can bash naija men for everything - but don't ever bash naija men when it comes to money..

Aside probably African American hiphop superstars - no other race of black men make more money than naija men, and that's a FACT..

The OP is just an attention seeking i.diot...

Naija men are the richest out there - and we put our money where our mouth is.. grin

She's probably from Somalia, and the name looks Somali. grin
. Fact.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ghettochild(m): 12:05am On Apr 11, 2020
desari:
Nairalanders,

Come home n find a man
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by 2goodbobo(m): 1:08am On Apr 11, 2020
desari:
Thanks to all of you who have given mature responses. Maybe i do need to expand my dating sphere to include other tribes...i just love my yoruba boys tongue

To those of you that made comments about "desperation" i am not desperate, frustration is a more apt description of how i feel.

Back to work for me, y'all have a nice day!

Have a nice day too but remember never you lower your standard because of what some people here are saying.

From what i deduced from the OP's post, she just want a Man that can support the Family and share responsibilities as a Man should and not a Man that will be a leech.

Dont worry OP that Man will locate you this year because i can see you have a good heart.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by nijiatech78: 2:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
HeavenlyCherub:

This is terrible advice. Money is very important. Desari should never settle. I wish I knew this before. I was that girl, giving chances to men who barely had anything and I never will ever again.

Supporting their visions and encouraging them. Do not do it. Pray and be patient.. understand that comment on potential

YOU DON’T GIVE WHAT YOU DON’T HAVE. FAILING DOESN’T MEAN EVERYONE ELSE WILL FAIL. CALL LETS TALK
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by zexy2030(m): 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
veave:
This thread was created in 2012 that's 8years ago and the OP was last seen online here in 2013 that's 7years ago. Who will tell us now If she finally met someone and He's her speck? Chai!
prolly she must have gotten someone and now quiet about it.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by goldman777: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
It seems you are a living dead in the spirit world Corona virus never handle your economy
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Originalsly: 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
@ desari...... I hear you... you made your situation very clear. The level of guys you are looking for is hard to go out and find. No doubt... there are many Nigerians in NYC... but scattered. The ones you would find bunched together are not the ones you are looking for. I would suggest you ask your relatives in Nigeria to help connect you. Guys in the US are having the same problem as you.... and are asking people back home to find them suitable wives. If your relatives hear of such ... then they should ehmmmm....... let me shut up before I'm accused of blocking local girls destiny.. In NYC.... your best bet is to take advantage of COVID-19..... manyyyy funerals around.... alll the relatives and friends will be there..... crash them!.... you are likely to connect there. If no luck..... then look outside.... like Pharmking advised. If that fails.... my arms are always open..... wide open.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
pharmking:

MISSY I THINK YOU ARE GOING ABOUT YOUR PARTNER SEARCH THE WRONG WAY. YOU ARE ALSO ASSUMING TWO THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE. I'M NOT YORUBA NOR NIGERIAN BUT I HAVE NIGERIA FRIENDS AND DATED A FEW NIGERIAN WOMEN.
1. YOU NEED TO STOP THINKING THAT A GOOD PARTNER WILL ALWAYS BE A NIGERIAN YORUBA MAN. YOU ARE BETTER OFF CONSIDERING ANY AFRICAN MAN, JUDGING THEM BY BEHAVIORS, PRINCIPLES AND POTENTIALS. MY MUM KICKED ME IN THE HEAD ON MY 31ST BIRTHDAY AS I WAS TELLING HER THAT I WILL ONLY MARRY A GIRL FROM TOGO. NOW I'M ABOUT TO GET ENGAGED WITH A GIRL FROM CAMEROON. SHE IS THE BEST THING THAT EVER HAPENNED TO ME. SMOOTH RELATIONSHIP AND ALL. I HAVE FRIENDS I CAN HOOK YOU UP TO BUT THEY ARE NOT NIGERIANS. PM ME I WILL SEND YOU A BOOK FOR YOU TO READ THAT WILL HELP YOU...
2. YOU NEED TO STOP ASSUMING THAT YOU ARE MAKING MORE MONEY THAT ANY GUY YOU MEET. GUYS LIE ABOUT WHAT THEY DO TO MAKE SURE THE GIRL THEY MEET LIKE THEM FOR THEM ( AT LEAST THE SERIOUS ONE...I HAVE DONE THAT IN THE PAST). MODEST PEOPLE THAT MAKE A LOT OF MONEY DON'T OVERDO THINGS. THEY DRESS DECENT AND SAVE THEIR LOAD OF CASH.
3. PLEASE IN THE UNITED STATES, A WOMEN SHOULD NOT WAIT ON HER HUSBAND TO PROVIDE MONEY FOR FOOD AND SO AND SO. PEOPLE SIT DOWN AND MAKE BUDGET AND SHARE EXPENSES FOR THE WELLBEING OF THE FAMILY. PEOPLE THAT HAVE DIFFERENCES IN INCOME DO HAVE A COMMON ACCOUNT WHERE EITHER THE MAN OR THE WOMEN PUT 50% OF THEIR INCOME FOR FAMILY EXPENSES. THE REST IS SEPARATELY MANAGE BY EACH INDIVIDUALS.
4. AS FOR WHERE TO MEET PEOPLE IN NYC, YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE. NOT GOING TO CLUB AND THAT BUT TO PLACES WHERE YOU CAN ACTUALLY MEET PEOPLE WITH HEAD ON THEIR SHOULDER... IF YOU ARE IN THE BRONX OR BK, THERE ARE A LOT OF NIGERIAN CONGREGATIONS.. NOT CATHOLIC THOUGH. THE BEST WAY TO ALSO FIND SOMEONE IS THROUGH FRIENDS. DO DIFFERENT ACTIVITIES, LOCATE GYM THAT AFRICAN GO TO...

Why is a Togoles man on NAIRA land? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
Originalsly:
@ desari...... I hear you... you made your situation very clear. The level of guys you are looking for is hard to go out and find. No doubt... there are many Nigerians in NYC... but scattered. The ones you would find bunched together are not the ones you are looking for. I would suggest you ask your relatives in Nigeria to help connect you. Guys in the US are having the same problem as you.... and are asking people back home to find them suitable wives. If your relatives hear of such ... then they should ehmmmm....... let me shut up before I'm accused of blocking local girls destiny.. In NYC.... [b]your best bet is to take advantage of COVID-19..... manyyyy funerals around.... [/b]alll the relatives and friends will be there..... crash them!.... you are likely to connect there. If no luck..... then look outside.... like Pharmking advised. If that failels.... my arms are always open..... wide open.

Why do I find this very funny grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Yeecar(m): 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
desari:
Nairalanders,

It is well with you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Valid Reasons Why Nigerian Men Date Fat Women / This Nairalander Robbed Me (photos) / Another Nigerian Girl Shares After Sex Photo With Boyfriend, Says "I Love Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.