Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,673 members, 7,813,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (23331 Views)

Are Ladies Truly Impossible To Please? / Are they afraid of my financial status: / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ifeco19(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
(desari):would you mind dating or getting married to a mariner( a seaman to be precise)I think it best describes your choice of man.if you are intrested,check me out.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
logica: Desperate for what exactly? If na money, I think I will likely be able to employ you and you'll gladly work for me without pay. If na toto, I think I had enough of that; who knows, I probably even fvcked your mother. Yeah, I got around like that. Se na Yankee we wan talk? Planted flags in 8 cities. Dude, you better put your head up and see who you dey address. Wait, why am I even responding sef...cheesy

Your posts have proven otherwise.
If there's anyone putting up fake airs on the Internet, it's you guy. smiley
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 11:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
2buff:

Your posts have proven otherwise.
If there's anyone putting up fake airs on the Internet, it's you guy. smiley
Dude the world is yours. Of course the winds in my sail are fake. But who cares? smiley
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by rehpop(m): 11:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
may be u shd review ur priority n perspectives towards lyf,bt dnt wait too long picking stones until u lose A Diamond.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
Dis thread is hot. Anyways @ Op. The 1st mistke u made is painting urself as a rich career lady who wants a guy in your financial level. Guys take that naturally for arrogance,pride. Instead take other virtues like hardwrking,focused,ambitious young man. You might find the man u want but pls dnt be too strict on your criterias. Be flexible and dnt let a man detect your desperation. Else,you'l be used and dumped over and over again. Gudluck
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by cantell(m): 12:10am On Jul 07, 2012
desari: Nairalanders,
Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!
Wow! You're the ideal gold digger.
Marry a rich guy, few years later, divorce him and part with half of his money all in the name of settlement.
Sweetheart, naija guys are much more smarter than you think.
You should stick to Akatas and white men.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by 2mch(m): 12:14am On Jul 07, 2012
Chei! This Logica na promoter. Guy come and work for me. So the run down on Logica is:
- Has 8 kids in yankee
-Has some money because 2mch is his real father
- Looking for Desari's attention.
-Can travel to yankee
-A Yoruba boy

Oya send the email wink
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 12:21am On Jul 07, 2012
^^^ lol
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 12:25am On Jul 07, 2012
2mch:

Oya send the email wink

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by pauloman(m): 12:27am On Jul 07, 2012
ola_boy: Dear Desari,
In today's dating market, financial equality creed plays ZERO part in things, and finding that special love of one's life is entirely based on mutual attraction. Because if your dating mind-set was the case across the board, well the dating portfolio would be screwed (forgive me for employing financial jargons to drive home my point)

That a guy is yet to have a financial breakthrough is not a good reason to superficially rule him out, as a matter of fact, any guy with less income that hasn't at sometime been so frustrated with his condition to the point of wanting to throw a chair through a wall is full of crap, some folks have just been so unlucky in life despite all efforts. Different people, different experiences - life doesn't work the same for everyone for a multitude of reasons. One person's utopia is anothers hell and all that. Am sorry to say that what you define as your level of financial acceptance looks shallow to me, especially if you end of meeting young, hardworking and honest Nigerian guys in NYC who are new migrants struggling to climb same financial ladder you are looking down from now (how long did it take you to become financially insulated). I know its your opinion and am not upset by it, i am only trying to help my yoruba sista probably misguided about how life is generally.

Indeed one wonders if you yourself understand what the phrase "Financial Level" means when you ineptly try to misuse it to dismiss the points which show your statement to be ill-informed. Indeed it seems that your display of financial ability needs to be evaluated, until then you will most likely later realize that you fall short of what others see as financially allowable.

You are entitled to your financial opinions of course, no matter how silly and vacuous they are, however most people maintain an ability to resist the urge to spew out the first thing that comes into their heads, and instead employ their analytical ability to determine the likely veracity of your own financial capability.

If you continue to harp so much on finance rather than quality and personality, am sorry you may never find that Nigerian model of a guy you seek.

It takes a smart and intelligent sista to identify the right broda even when he is not wearing a good toga of finance

Nice one bro...U post just mirrors my exact thoughts !
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by pauloman(m): 12:34am On Jul 07, 2012
@ op...trust me with ur first few post on this thread u have successfully scared away potential serious guys sighting you from afar. #NoOffence#
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 07, 2012
I had a handful of laughter going tru the comments.....but at some point I felt some uncertainty about her identity, she may be fake, or it might be ploy by the paid moderators to sway in more users to NL. I av bin observant, NL daily threads barely exeeds five pages! Just a tot! Moreover, in the absent of this all, my advice to her is one word - prayers!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Ndipe(m): 1:31am On Jul 07, 2012
Make we hear word on your boasting, ok. If you are financially stable as you claim, you would known the avenues (and operate on the same level) to meet men of yo own financial status, instead of coming to Nairaland.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by oluwasesan(m): 1:33am On Jul 07, 2012
I don't know why u cant get a good naija guy in NewYork, but if u don't mind u can relocate to Maryland there are lot of good naija guys out here most especially Yoruba.Wish u all d best
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by acidtalk: 1:38am On Jul 07, 2012
@desari, in as much as your thread has been totally derail (the norm in nairaland),

I will tell you to discard criticism that had absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

I will suggest the few things for you;

*Even though I am 101% against Long Distance Relationships, I will suggest you talk to CLOSE FAMILY members (notice I didn't say friends or just family members. I said 'close')to try and matchmake you with trusted, responsible young men they know. Maybe like a family/close friend kind of dating. At least for a start.

*The chances of getting a reliable suitor over there might be quite slims 'cus I know a whole lot of people who have relocated back home on realizing age isn't no longer on their side and needed to settle down. I am totallly not saying you should relocated but if you have your papers and can afford it, coming home at least once a year on a 2-3 weeks visit might just help you.

*Try as much as you can to hide your frustration/desperation on this dating/marriage issue so that men do not take advantage of you.

*Dont seTtle for less. If you had always wanted a Yoruba man who is independent, don't let fear and haste make you end up with a jamiacan that I'd dependent on you. Maintain and stick to your vision.

*Most importantly PRAY. There's absolutely nothing beyond the powers of God. You need to cry to Him and not over 900,000 members on nairaland or the real world who will only compound your problems.

All the best girl.....

)t
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 07, 2012
this thread na wa o. Where i dey since when miss desari dey find take home to mama? grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 07, 2012
Dayokanu i see you oh. cheesy
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 2:20am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan: this thread na wa o. Where i dey since when miss desari dey find take home to mama? grin

You be yoruba? You don disqualify o!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 2:29am On Jul 07, 2012
@acidtalk... Great advice.

My post on NL was an avenue for me to vent my frustration. I have not met any men from any online channels and I am very wary of finding someone this way. My frustration got the better me yesterday, i sorta regret puting my business out here like this. On the flip side, i have gotten great advice and learned of places in NY that decent naijas hang out that I didn't know about before.There are many people yarning OMG she is in NY, there are so many naijas there. Do y'all have any idea how big NY is? NY has 5 boroughs with naijas living in the different boroughs. I have lived in NY for quite a few yrs and there are some boroughs I have still not been to.

Anyway, without talking too much, I am already exploring the close family member angle and we are planning a trip to a state that has a high concentration of our people. I will continue to pray and soonest God will lead the right man to me or me to him.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

You be yoruba? You don disqualify o!

Bros, yoruba to the core.
Na you be the hiring manager? grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 2:56am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan:

Bros, yoruba to the core.
Na you be the hiring manager? grin

Really? I pegged you for an igbo boy all this while. desari doesn't need a manager, girl's got it together. Fire on bros!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 07, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Really? I pegged you for an igbo boy all this while. desari doesn't need a manager, girl's got it together. Fire on bros!

why? Do i sound like one? Actually you are partially right... i am half yoruba and half igbo by parentage.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by stevoski059(m): 2:58am On Jul 07, 2012
All this Yoruba things
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by LordReed(m): 3:13am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan:

why? Do i sound like one? Actually you are partially right... i am half yoruba and half igbo by parentage.

Well in a way sound but more of looks.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kaeto(m): 3:17am On Jul 07, 2012
@2012 young n bloaty
@2015 not elected into a good union >2015 tending towards menopause, develops wrinkles n acnes on face n butts, arranges for cosmetic surgery... Strictly business, don't personal it.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by dayokanu(m): 3:30am On Jul 07, 2012
davidylan: Dayokanu i see you oh. cheesy

David na me get am

OP dont be discouraged I am sure you would find something. Just that you posted on the wrong section Romance section have a lot of young posters

Dont mind Davidylan oo. He has too many female admirers on the romance section
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jul 07, 2012
dayokanu:

David na me get am

OP dont be discouraged I am sure you would find something. Just that you posted on the wrong section Romance section have a lot of young posters

Dont mind Davidylan oo. He has too many female admirers on the romance section

shocked shocked grin chairman, but why? na me steal your dinner?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Alfredbabs(m): 3:50am On Jul 07, 2012
you must remember that all fingers are not equal so do not under rate any man. And also when you bring yourself low you will get the best man. Because no man will want to marry a lady who move about with exhortic cars.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by betrani(m): 3:50am On Jul 07, 2012
safeLove: @OP: galfriend I really respect you for coming to Nairaland with such serious issue,but as a fellow chic,I see the humour in your post.

BUT,just in case you are serious,NL isn't a place for grown up issues like this. Don't you know this forum is filled with boys? A lot of them are yahoo boys typing away their frustration on a cybercafe keyboard..tsk tsk.
Dear,you are a strong woman and in time you will find that which you seek.
NB:don't come to Naija o! This place is filled with despradoes. Just say you live in America and they will propose marriage. If you decide to live here,nko,they will spend your hard earned money on one small girl outside and abuse you on top.
Just dey where you dey and watch out for these akuse,bad belle,low self esteemed,insecure and faceless NL men!!
if people like u can't warm beds properly, are arrogant, disrespectful, proud, abusive, disloyal, untrue etc what would u ve a man who can't stand ur excesses do for u? When he can't have peace being side by side with u!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ektbear: 5:54am On Jul 07, 2012
OP: Can we see some pictures or get some details? Height, etc, etc..
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 07, 2012
1h
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ektbear: 5:59am On Jul 07, 2012
Tbh, if you are reasonably ok looking AND financially stable, it shouldn't be too hard for you to meet naija dudes.

Just go to these national functions they have. Visit some non-catholic churches, e.g., Redeemed in NYC.

I think most naija guys in the US like me are looking for women who are:

a) not going to be financial burden
b) good looking
c) good head on her shoulders
d) not been around the block too much

so if you satisfy 2 or 3 of the above, you'll be able to find a suitable man, if you look around more.

One more thing, go to Nigerian weddings! I damn sure know you aren't doing that. That is another really good way to meet people, aside from Naija churches..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Nextdoor Neighbour Moans So Loud During Sex With Her Man, I Cant Sleep (video / Nnaemeka Ikerionwu Of Cfrmagazine Weds Chinenye Roselyn Onedibe (Photos) / Will You Kiss Your Girlfriend/Boyfriend Early In The Morning Without Any Of You Brushing Their Teeth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.