Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,027 members, 7,956,805 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:29 PM

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (23597 Views)

Are Ladies Truly Impossible To Please? / Are they afraid of my financial status: / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by denzel2009: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
Please scan your bank statement, bank card and pin here. we need to substantiate your financial strength.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Yorisb: 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2012
denzel2009:
Please scan your bank statement, bank card and pin here. we need to substantiate your financial strength.

Gbammed!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2012

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desari: 3:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Thanks to all of you who have given mature responses. Maybe i do need to expand my dating sphere to include other tribes...i just love my yoruba boys tongue

To those of you that made comments about "desperation" i am not desperate, frustration is a more apt description of how i feel.

Back to work for me, y'all have a nice day!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by KStizzy: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2012
Impossible ke??First of..Wat are you doing on NairalandWhat happened to them dating sites and all..U aint right my dear.You knw u aint right to be on here

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Mynd44: 3:23pm On Jul 06, 2012
The OP is desperate but not for a spouse, she wants attention from y'all
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by jaybee3(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2012
Absolutely nothing wrong with having preferences. In this day of age and the lower probability involved in getting a naija/yoruba/christian/financially able man that ticks all your boxes, I would advice you rate what characteristics are important using a thorough analysis of why good relationships/marriages last the test of times.

Good luck
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ola4yinka(m): 3:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: .. taking care of a grown a.s.s man.
U call ur future husband this?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ronkebp(f): 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: Nairalanders,

I am a career woman in my late 20's living in the U.S. It has been almost impossible for me to meet good Nigerian men much less Nigerian men at my financial level. As you all know the U.S is very big; i generally don't hang out with Nigerians..not that i don't want to, i just don't know where and how to go about meeting up with my people. When i do go out to naija lounges or clubs in my area, all i find are little kids playing around or 419ers( which i would rather remain single than have anything to do with them). I have tried the church avenue, but i am catholic, and catholic churches in the U.S are much different from naija catholic churches. I live in NYC, so anyone that can give me pointers on where to meet eligible professional Naija men would be great.

I have been very blessed and fortunate in my chosen career, and i would want a partner that can pull his own weight financially in a relationship. Though i have accepted that i would most likely do much better than a potential partner, i can never respect a man that would find it hard to give me money to cook food in the house and take care of some bills, instead of assuming i will take care of it since i make much more. Akatas and white men chase me all day, but i would rather settle down with a Nigerian man(preferably yoruba) i am half yoruba and half something elsesmiley I grew up in naija, so i speak yoruba and can cook naija food well well.

Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!

send a private message to a NLder 'Dayokanu" both of you share the same dreams....he lives in Texas, he might just be the "groundnut in your gari" and you can visit texas or atlanta over the weekend, i hear there are more Nigerians' in those States.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by olaboy1: 4:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
Dear Desari,
In today's dating market, financial equality creed plays ZERO part in things, and finding that special love of one's life is entirely based on mutual attraction. Because if your dating mind-set was the case across the board, well the dating portfolio would be screwed (forgive me for employing financial jargons to drive home my point)

That a guy is yet to have a financial breakthrough is not a good reason to superficially rule him out, as a matter of fact, any guy with less income that hasn't at sometime been so frustrated with his condition to the point of wanting to throw a chair through a wall is full of crap, some folks have just been so unlucky in life despite all efforts. Different people, different experiences - life doesn't work the same for everyone for a multitude of reasons. One person's utopia is anothers hell and all that. Am sorry to say that what you define as your level of financial acceptance looks shallow to me, especially if you end of meeting young, hardworking and honest Nigerian guys in NYC who are new migrants struggling to climb same financial ladder you are looking down from now (how long did it take you to become financially insulated). I know its your opinion and am not upset by it, i am only trying to help my yoruba sista probably misguided about how life is generally.

Indeed one wonders if you yourself understand what the phrase "Financial Level" means when you ineptly try to misuse it to dismiss the points which show your statement to be ill-informed. Indeed it seems that your display of financial ability needs to be evaluated, until then you will most likely later realize that you fall short of what others see as financially allowable.

You are entitled to your financial opinions of course, no matter how silly and vacuous they are, however most people maintain an ability to resist the urge to spew out the first thing that comes into their heads, and instead employ their analytical ability to determine the likely veracity of your own financial capability.

If you continue to harp so much on finance rather than quality and personality, am sorry you may never find that Nigerian model of a guy you seek.

It takes a smart and intelligent sista to identify the right broda even when he is not wearing a good toga of finance

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by blasterman(m): 4:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
I know and can tell that really really deep deep down inside u. U are a sex freak looking for a nice banger but u not saying the truth. Why dont u just come out and say what u really want and if u want someone to wire u say ur looking for a chat mate. its really simple
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 06, 2012
Good post, ola_boy.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by TheShopKeeper(m): 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2012
ola_boy: Dear Desari,
In today's dating market, financial equality creed plays ZERO part in things, and finding that special love of one's life is entirely based on mutual attraction. Because if your dating mind-set was the case across the board, well the dating portfolio would be screwed (forgive me for employing financial jargons to drive home my point)

That a guy is yet to have a financial breakthrough is not a good reason to superficially rule him out, as a matter of fact, any guy with less income that hasn't at sometime been so frustrated with his condition to the point of wanting to throw a chair through a wall is full of crap, some folks have just been so unlucky in life despite all efforts. Different people, different experiences - life doesn't work the same for everyone for a multitude of reasons. One person's utopia is anothers hell and all that. Am sorry to say that what you define as your level of financial acceptance looks shallow to me, especially if you end of meeting young, hardworking and honest Nigerian guys in NYC who are new migrants struggling to climb same financial ladder you are looking down from now (how long did it take you to become financially insulated). I know its your opinion and am not upset by it, i am only trying to help my yoruba sista probably misguided about how life is generally.

Indeed one wonders if you yourself understand what the phrase "Financial Level" means when you ineptly try to misuse it to dismiss the points which show your statement to be ill-informed. Indeed it seems that your display of financial ability needs to be evaluated, until then you will most likely later realize that you fall short of what others see as financially allowable.

You are entitled to your financial opinions of course, no matter how silly and vacuous they are, however most people maintain an ability to resist the urge to spew out the first thing that comes into their heads, and instead employ their analytical ability to determine the likely veracity of your own financial capability.

If you continue to harp so much on finance rather than quality and personality, am sorry you may never find that Nigerian model of a guy you seek.

It takes a smart and intelligent sista to identify the right broda even when he is not wearing a good toga of finance

very concise and thought provoking...
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2012
At the end of it all, we live with our choices.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Okontami: 5:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
Dude, how much have you got that you are making a hell of noise about??. Are u not living on minimum wage or what. You are really pissing me off.
I reserve my comments. You can go to a sperm donor to have a child and burst men

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Idowuogbo(f): 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2012
ronkebp:

send a private message to a NLder 'Dayokanu" both of you share the same dreams....he lives in Texas, he might just be the "groundnut in your gari" and you can visit texas or atlanta over the weekend, i hear there are more Nigerians' in those States.
Ronkus! Ama ja o! I dey toast Dboi nau! No spoil runs for me ke angry
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Skywalker5(m): 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2012
SO you put financial level first? grin grin grin grin grin hmmmmmmm

So that means you have classfied Nigerian men as gold diggers. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by ronkebp(f): 6:43pm On Jul 06, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Ronkus! Ama ja o! I dey toast Dboi nau! No spoil runs for me ke angry

OOO abeg no vex oooo, shey you have de thing wey you go bring come-put ontop table?....if you don't, just find your level jejely....The poster and DK get table, and they will empty their pockets for each other ontop that table....smiley grin wink
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by AfroBlue(m): 6:44pm On Jul 06, 2012
@desari

Do your Catholic beliefs prevent you from using with your Yoruba tribal customs of seeing a babalawo to consult with Ifa? Orunmila or Oshun may bring some guidance to your relationship predicament in the west.

"I am going based off a past relationship, where this bobo wanted me to take care of all things financial...needless to say i had to kick him to the curb. I find it hard to respect such men."

You may have compromised your reputation in the NYC 9ja community. Word gets around fast that you commingled with a small boy.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2012
The topic should be how is it impossible for the OP to meet the financial level of Nigerian men?

The OP is a slob who needs to focus on losing some weight, and getting a face transplant. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Sylverbox(m): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
Long story short- u r looking 4 a HUSBAND!!! Its good 2 knw men r scarce in d US too! Hehehehehehe!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Tyche(m): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2012
You have to answer that question asked earlier, "How much are you worth"?
You may realise that you have over-rated yourself.
Btw, you need to come down from that tower of babel of yours, if you want to get married.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by skillero(m): 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2012
Common sense!
Drop your IM or FB link anyone interested will start with a chat. If your money matches your intellectual quotient(I.Q) maybe things will shapen up! If not, sorry your money does not move every guy!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Skywalker5(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
guys plz. chill for the babe na . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
Even when you get a guy,it will lead to divorce.or better still get ready to share the man with so many other women,you cannot have it all.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by manny4life(m): 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2012
@OP,

Unless your financial net worth is at least quarter a million for a start, honey, like someone said, get down from your tower of bable and face reality. Perhaps, you're still in lala's worlds, you need to enter reality.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by amosy007: 7:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
Just get ur butt back to nigeria and humble urself. Simple as abc
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 06, 2012
That's why the concepts of 'career woman' and 'wife material' are often antithetical. Some of these so-called 'driven' modern women overreach themselves in trying to be 'career women', and at the end of the day, they cry that they can't find eligible men at their financial level or higher. I guess it's wiser, therefore, for an upwardly mobile girl to find a husband first before she starts climbing too high in her career. Otherwise she might eventually have to settle for the option of marrying her career and finding one lowlife to father a child for her to become a single mother.

From the way most women moan all over the place, they find more validation and fulfilment in marriage than anything else; it's almost as if financial independence and a successful career is empty and meaningless without a husband and children. One then wonders why some of them try too hard too early on (before they marry) with their so-called careers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by amosy007: 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
skillero: Common sense!
Drop your IM or FB link anyone interested will start with a chat. If your money matches your intellectual quotient(I.Q) maybe things will shapen up! If not, sorry your money does not move every guy!
well said. Not every guy gives a capital "F" abt money.. Even most naija guys prefer to be d man in a marriage

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by omoobanla(m): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
Hi Desari. I just want u to check my Post and Topics so far, If U want to make a Friend , just to start with, All it take u is to just say HI.
I most tell u that am not in america but living in Europe for about 10Years, am in between the age u wanted. I am half Yoruba and half something too.
Write to my nairaland address and we go from there.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by amosy007: 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
shymmex: The topic should be how is it impossible for the OP to meet the financial level of Nigerian men?

The OP is a slob who needs to focus on losing some weight, and getting a face transplant. grin
choi wetin d gurl do u na grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by desirablejoe(m): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2012
pls send me visa to were you are and am your yours]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Valid Reasons Why Nigerian Men Date Fat Women / This Nairalander Robbed Me (photos) / Meet IGBO Girl With Thick Thighs Causing Commotion With Her Massive Hips And Bum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.