Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,436 members, 7,954,736 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? (23593 Views)

Are Ladies Truly Impossible To Please? / Are they afraid of my financial status: / Why Do Girls Avoid/Ignore Me? It Is Impossible To Get A Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 06, 2012
amosy007: choi wetin d gurl do u na grin

The OP is a lunatic, and I don't like anti-Nigerian men threads...

You can bash naija men for everything - but don't ever bash naija men when it comes to money..

Aside probably African American hiphop superstars - no other race of black men make more money than naija men, and that's a FACT..

The OP is just an attention seeking i.diot...

Naija men are the richest out there - and we put our money where our mouth is.. grin

She's probably from Somalia, and the name looks Somali. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Burrito(f): 7:57pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: Nairalanders,

I am a career woman in my late 20's living in the U.S. It has been almost impossible for me to meet good Nigerian men much less Nigerian men at my financial level. As you all know the U.S is very big; i generally don't hang out with Nigerians..not that i don't want to, i just don't know where and how to go about meeting up with my people. When i do go out to naija lounges or clubs in my area, all i find are little kids playing around or 419ers( which i would rather remain single than have anything to do with them). I have tried the church avenue, but i am catholic, and catholic churches in the U.S are much different from naija catholic churches. I live in NYC, so anyone that can give me pointers on where to meet eligible professional Naija men would be great.

I have been very blessed and fortunate in my chosen career, and i would want a partner that can pull his own weight financially in a relationship. Though i have accepted that i would most likely do much better than a potential partner, i can never respect a man that would find it hard to give me money to cook food in the house and take care of some bills, instead of assuming i will take care of it since i make much more. Akatas and white men chase me all day, but i would rather settle down with a Nigerian man(preferably yoruba) i am half yoruba and half something elsesmiley I grew up in naija, so i speak yoruba and can cook naija food well well.

Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!

I'm curious, why must you marry a Nigerian?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 06, 2012

I am a career woman in my late 20's living in the U.S. It has been almost impossible for me to meet good Nigerian men much less Nigerian men at my financial level. As you all know the U.S is very big; i generally don't hang out with Nigerians..not that i don't want to, i just don't know where and how to go about meeting up with my people. When i do go out to naija lounges or clubs in my area, all i find are little kids playing around or 419ers( which i would rather remain single than have anything to do with them). I have tried the church avenue, but i am catholic, and catholic churches in the U.S are much different from naija catholic churches. I live in NYC, so anyone that can give me pointers on where to meet eligible professional Naija men would be great.

I have been very blessed and fortunate in my chosen career, and i would want a partner that can pull his own weight financially in a relationship. Though i have accepted that i would most likely do much better than a potential partner, i can never respect a man that would find it hard to give me money to cook food in the house and take care of some bills, instead of assuming i will take care of it since i make much more. Akatas and white men chase me all day, but i would rather settle down with a Nigerian man(preferably yoruba) i am half yoruba and half something elsesmiley I grew up in naija, so i speak yoruba and can cook naija food well well.

Let me add that i am well mannered and come from a great family. Guys and girls, if you have single brothers who are financially stable, between 29 and 35 years old looking to settle down, please IM me. Thanks!

Are you cute?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 06, 2012
Basildon1:

I am sure you are good looking but I dont think you are a hottie (no offence), the kinda men u seeking will definitely not queue outside for you. Just givin you the cold hard truth
Hi @OP prove him wrong show us ur pics nude or otherwise grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by omega25red(m): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2012
poster

the most effective way to meet other Nigerians is to visit other churches. I understand you are catholic but if you went to one of those baptist churches like the RCCG churches you will surly meet a Nigerian guy. Or at least being friends with some of the girls and women in those churches will expose you to all the other Nigerian communities in the area. I used to live in the Bronx and there was this RCCG church on Morris ave on i think 153rd street. check that spot.

Going to Nigerian clubs or lounges will df only have you meeting card boys.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by heilige(m): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2012
@desari
Money is not everything. You could meet a finaicial stable guy, but not get happiness.
Think about that.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by amosy007: 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2012
shymmex:

The OP is a lunatic, and I don't like anti-Nigerian men threads...

You can bash naija men for everything - but don't ever bash naija men when it comes to money..

Aside probably African American hiphop superstars - no other race of black men make more money than naija men, and that's a FACT..

The OP is just an attention seeking i.diot...

Naija men are the richest out there - and we put our money where our mouth is.. grin

She's probably from Somalia, and the name looks Somali. grin

awwwwww sad
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kilimanjaro(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
Op,
You are as confused as GEJ! One of the problems with you is - "you don't know your want".
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by youngchopper(m): 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: @tpia,

Tpia, i am not claiming to be bill gates or steve jobs. For a single woman at my age with no children, i do pretty well. If i meet a man a man that is at my financial level then that's great, but if not..i at least want him to be able to buy some stuff like food stuff...go half on the bills when we eat out e.t.c. I don't think i am asking for much. I am going based off a past relationship, where this bobo wanted me to take care of all things financial...needless to say i had to kick him to the curb. I find it hard to respect such men.

Regardless of the fact that i have lived in the U.S for quite few years I am still a naija woman, and i would love it if a guy i was in a relationship came to me of his own free will and said "babe here is some money" cook some fabulous ila asepo and some hot amala for me" instead my ex would want me to buy groceries with my money all the time so he can enjoy the food too. imagine that nonsense?? Thats when i decided no more "akushe folks" bobos have to be able to play their part financialy or they can keep it moving.
av been flloowing all the rubish u spited u aint making a dam sence.. Dix ur kpomo ego go land u 4 fry pan. U talkin cock shit. Wat do u actually want
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by DHeirApparent: 8:14pm On Jul 06, 2012
Sorry, I didn't read all the threads so this might be a repetition, are you looking at
At the option of settling down in Nigeria has a possibility.
The transfer of a well paid nigerian based man 2 d usa, might not b feasible
For a so my reasons.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 06, 2012
Op . send me an email with your id ,,so we could have a cute chat on here is that ok? .would love to know you, i m single guy from delta state,, working here in Lagos,
send me and email
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2012

Quite the epidemic ain't it? I can relate.
As cute, surplus & ready as these white beauties are, I really don't see myself marrying one.

Most Nigerians can be found in the clubs and other unsavory places, which I rather not waste time going to as one is less likely to find the sort of distinguished souls one is more interested in meeting. Doesn't help that there's only a few of them where I'm at. You could try a more classy social meeting spot, like a lounge with a dress code.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2012
What part of "you are not fine" don't you get? That's why you are "financially stable" and cannot find a man: you are not "physically stable".
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 06, 2012
^^ You need to leave your village in naija first to understand what the OP is saying.

She wants an available Naija bros who can hold his own, and these things are hard to find when you leave naija both for male and female.
If she was in naija, she wouldn't have a problem. Truss me, it ain't fun looking specifically for naija luv in a place where everyone is pretty much white.
In naija you have no need for that criteria, because everyone is a nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2012
Dis girl again?

desari/90love/queensmith/sosoluv r the same person wit multiple personality disorder. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

da hoe is pissy poor & lonely. poor thing. lml
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Wallie(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
You are focusing on a good quality but that quality shouldn’t be anywhere near the top! If I may, this should be the order of the qualities that you should be looking for:

1. Mutual physical attraction
2. Good and kind man with values
3. A responsible and committed man
4. God fearing man if you believe in God
5. Someone at your financial level
6. A Yoruba man

I think qualities 3-6 are just icing on the cake and 1-3 is all you really need to be happy in life. I know Nigerians will say that God should come first and my response will be for them to explain how God-fearing Nigeria is so corrupt and reminiscent of Sodom and Gomorrah era!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
wat happened to una naija 419 brains? una suppose dey detect fraud from a distance. all of una wey comment for dis thread fall my hand. anuofia
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 8:32pm On Jul 06, 2012
2buff: ^^ You need to leave your village in naija first to understand what the OP is saying.

She wants an available Naija bros who can hold his own, and these things are hard to find when you leave naija both for male and female.
If she was in naija, she wouldn't have a problem. Truss me, it ain't fun looking specifically for naija luv in a place where everyone is pretty much white.
In naija you have no need for that criteria, because everyone is a nigerian.
Ode. Na you be the first for ya family to travel abroad abi? So if person dey find husband, na here dem dey come place advert? She no get family, friends, nada? Please get real.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
kinectik: Dis girl again?

desari/90love/queensmith/[b]sosoluv [/b]r the same person wit multiple personality disorder. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

sosoluv is not nigerian.
She also still boasts with money from "daddy".

So she and the OP don't seem the same going by what I've read.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:33pm On Jul 06, 2012
Wallie: You are focusing on a good quality but that quality shouldn’t be anywhere near the top! If I may, this should be the order of the qualities that you should be looking for:

1. Mutual physical attraction
2. Good and kind man with values
3. A responsible and committed man
4. God fearing man if you believe in God
5. Someone at your financial level
6. A Yoruba man

I think qualities 3-6 are just icing on the cake and 1-3 is all you really need to be happy in life. I know Nigerians will say that God should come first and my response will be for them to explain how God-fearing Nigeria is so corrupt and reminiscent of Sodom and Gomorrah era!

dis ode dey write essay to fraud. maga cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
Na wa o! Dem don abuse the OP pari.

kinectik: Dis girl again?

desari/90love/queensmith/sosoluv r the same person wit multiple personality disorder. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You have to be high to post this.

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by NAJALYN: 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
@Poster, you are going about this the wrong way, and if care is not taken you will only create problems for yourself. You say you are catholic. So why not give this matter to God? If you fast and pray over this matter from time to time, God will surely answer you. However from all you said you have specified the qualities and all you want in your partner. But please allow God to choose for you, not the other way round, if you want to have a lasting marriage.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by violent(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
Basildon1:

I am sure you are good looking but I dont think you are a hottie (no offence), the kinda men u seeking will definitely not queue outside for you. Just givin you the cold hard truth

This statement is cold and legendary!..however, nothing could be much closer to the truth.

If a girl cannot give me a mad [i]b[/i]oner at first sight, i don't give a shyt if she can cook the Himalayas or she's making above average income.

My priorities have always been in this order.

1) Looks,
2) smartness,
3. Good cook
4 ability to twist in 25 positions
5) ability to twist in 25 positions
25) ability to twist in 25 positions
26) ability to twist in 25 positions
82) ability to twist in 25 positions
83) Religious
84) financial stability.

I don't care much if a girl is making her wads or not. If a girl cannot give a brova some madt [i]b[/i]oner and dirty thoughts on the first meeting, you can't get on this train. You can go on and marry your money

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by adefash(m): 8:35pm On Jul 06, 2012
desari: I didn't come here to boast or toot my own horn. I wll not be disclosing how much i am worth now or in the near future. I mentioned finances as a sticking point as i have met men in the past that want to mooch off me and it ain't happening.

There are quite few fraudsters in London, i hope you make your money the legal way. undecided I mean no offence
U initially said u were based in nyc now u are mentionin london.are u now in london or u'r just making reference to london?
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2012
2buff:

sosoluv is not nigerian.
She also still boasts with money from "daddy".

So she and the OP don't seem the same going by what I've read.

maga una don hear multiple personality disorder before? writing different fraudulent lies for the different personalities. the ode was outed yesterday. u be maga.lml

wey usofia make I play 'i go chop ya money' for all of una. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
adefash:
U initially said u were based in nyc now u are mentionin london.are u now in london or u'r just making reference to london?

na lie d ode neva reach nyc for her life. make the ode tell me where Lenox Ave and 125th dey for harlem. all na wash
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
violent: Go marry your money!
LMAO. This is even more violent and legendary.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 06, 2012
logica: Ode. Na you be the first for ya family to travel abroad abi? So if person dey find husband, na here dem dey come place advert? She no get family, friends, nada? Please get real.

undecided
Where people choose to post advert is their own choice. Last I checked, this is a Nigerian forum and the type of men she's looking for close to her area may well stumble upon it. What makes you think her friends and family are not aware of what she's looking for in a man?

You know you have no further point continuing down your chosen line of conversation, so it would be in your best interest to drop it lest you manifest your profound ignorance further and affirm my earlier statement that you've never left a village.
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Thereishel: 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
DESARI, DON'T LET ANYONE CONFUSE YOU; IF YOUR HEART GOES TO A YORUBA BOY GO FOR IT. AFTERALL, NO ONE CAN DICTATE YOUR FUTURE FOR U; ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING CULTURAL COMPATIBILITY. THE GOOD PLACE I KNOW FOR U TO GO IN NYC IS DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH AT BROOKYN. THERE ARE MANY SUCCESFUL PROFESSIONALS THERE LIKE DOCTORS, LAWYERS, BANKERS, NURSES ETC. I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by kinectik: 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Na wa o! Dem don abuse the OP pari.
You have to be high to post this.

shebi d Op na nyc based abi, make she come make i ask am about nyc. i dey brooklyn kampe. all na wash
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 06, 2012
kinectik:

maga una don hear multiple personality disorder before? writing different fraudulent lies for the different personalities. the ode was outed yesterday. u be maga.lml

wey usofia make I play 'i go chop ya money' for all of una. cheesy cheesy

LOL oya post link grin
Re: Why Is It Almost Impossible To Meet Nigerian Men At My Financial Level? by logica(m): 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2012
2buff:

undecided
Where people choose to post advert is their own choice. Last I checked, this is a Nigerian forum.
What makes you think her friends and family are not aware of what she's looking for in a man?

You know you have no further point continuing down your chosen line of conversation, so it would be in your best interest to drop it lest you affirm my earlier statement earlier that you've never left a village.
Mu^2. How's that for a final point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Nairalander Robbed Me (photos) / 7 Valid Reasons Why Nigerian Men Date Fat Women / Another Nigerian Girl Shares After Sex Photo With Boyfriend, Says "I Love Him"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.