Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (230410 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gloryroad: 8:45am On Sep 29, 2013
xerotop:

A 4.4L engine V8 E60 beast. No major issues except fuel efficiency and expensive parts. The engine costs a arm and leg when u need replacement. If u can av a v8 engine ride, then fuel shld not be ur issue. Very fast and can be mistakenly taken for the M5 on d road except for quad exhaust of d M5.
Almost same maintenance as d regular E60s.
And i can tell u dat d E60s r more reliable than the E46.
The E39s are d most reliable 5 series. Parts are so much cheaper than E46. They dont give issues and are very quiet. Very fuel efficient also. U can actually drive an E39 for months without having to do anything on it. And when u need to. U spend less.

But always remember; careless people dont drive BMW.

Thanks so much for the response, in Lay man Language which 5 series are the E39s? eg maybe 525i etc
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by xerotop(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2013
Gloryroad:

Thanks so much for the response, in Lay man Language which 5 series are the E39s? eg maybe 525i etc

All bmw 5 series made between 1996 to 2003
It cld be 2.0, 2.5, 2.8, 3.0, 3.5 or 4.0L engines
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gloryroad: 6:59am On Sep 30, 2013
xerotop:

All bmw 5 series made between 1996 to 2003
It cld be 2.0, 2.5, 2.8, 3.0, 3.5 or 4.0L engines

Thanks , so 2005 BMW is for Deep Pockets for now? also it will be used in Abuja not Lagos where the roads are better, is that a plus on maintenance?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2013
Gloryroad:

Thanks , so 2005 BMW is for Deep Pockets for now? also it will be used in Abuja not Lagos where the roads are better, is that a plus on maintenance?
big plus, my e36 is averse to bad roads...
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2013
yungboss:
Boss, be like say u don turn that ur E36 to a beast of burden abi..... grin
yungboss:
Boss, be like say u don turn that ur E36 to a beast of burden abi.....
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 10:47am On Sep 30, 2013
Gee2728:
Boss, be like say u don turn that ur E36 to a beast of burden abi..... grin
Boss, be like say u don turn that ur E36 to a beast of burden abi.....
not at all Gee, in response to his comments, good roads are a plus for BMWs maintenance,just like your Mercedes...
they are averse/disinclined to bad roads. It seems you misunderstood my comment
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
yungboss:
not at all Gee, in response to his comments, good road are a plus for BMWs maintenance,just like your Mercedes...
they are averse/disinclined to bad roads. It seems you misunderstood my comment
Was jst joking with u bro. I like those old car, cos the level of electronics on this new cars scares me. Our technicians find it hard to deal with old models not to talk of cars that when u open the bonnet u dnt know were the engine is...
Also its easy to customize this old car than the new 1. U rly cnt buy a new F-series bemmer and start taking parts off.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gloryroad: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
yungboss:

Thanks

I want to go for the 2005 525i or 530i

From Experience Pls Give the nod once more
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by xerotop(m): 6:58am On Oct 01, 2013
Gloryroad:

Thanks

I want to go for the 2005 525i or 530i

From Experience Pls Give the nod once more

The 2005 E60 will surely be a very good buy for you. The '05 carries d N52B25 engine which is the same engine in the e39 but a little more poweful. It cheaper and easier to maintain, does not regularly give issues.

07 and above E60s carries the N53 B30 engine which is very expensive to replace when damaged either by carelessness of by carefulness. Its also not cheap to care for cos its more advanced tech wise.
After market sales for BMW is so poor compared to other car manufacturers, but that does not mean its a no go area.

If this is ur first bmw, pls for heavens sake b4 u take delivery of it, look for a very good mech/ tech and get close to them. Ask questions visit the workshop during ur spare time.

U need to start working on ur heart condition b4 d car arrives, so u wont regret buying and develop heart attack.

Its very easy to get convinced and confussed by non bmw users when u start having minor issues, but with a sound mech/tech, u will be jst fine

Always remember the ffg
Careless people dont drive bmw
Dont listen to advise frm non bmw users
Keep bmw users as pal even if its for the sake of d car only
Never borrow or lend ur bmw out to a friend to use(he wont knw d value and care for it)
Dont ever ignore any warning sign as it might lead to chain reation
Lastly bmw is only for those who have passion for it, and not those who just which to buy.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2013
xerotop:

The 2005 E60 will surely be a very good buy for you. The '05 carries d N52B25 engine which is the same engine in the e39 but a little more poweful. It cheaper and easier to maintain, does not regularly give issues.

07 and above E60s carries the N53 B30 engine which is very expensive to replace when damaged either by carelessness of by carefulness. Its also not cheap to care for cos its more advanced tech wise.
After market sales for BMW is so poor compared to other car manufacturers, but that does not mean its a no go area.

If this is ur first bmw, pls for heavens sake b4 u take delivery of it, look for a very good mech/ tech and get close to them. Ask questions visit the workshop during ur spare time.

U need to start working on ur heart condition b4 d car arrives, so u wont regret buying and develop heart attack.

Its very easy to get convinced and confussed by non bmw users when u start having minor issues, but with a sound mech/tech, u will be jst fine

Always remember the ffg
Never borrow or lend ur bmw out to a friend to use(he wont knw d value and care for it)
Lastly bmw is only for those who have passion for it, and not those who just which to buy.
Ur right abt the 05 engine. U've just opened my eyes to something I read a long time ago online abt the 05 E60. The online review was saying that the 05 was the best E60 to buy, now I know y its because of the E39 engine in it. Now it make sense.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Have a personal opinion about buying BMW, pls house its personal so I dnt expect any backlash.
I dnt see the need of spending so much buying a Big BMW '5,7,X5- series' all for the sake of the luxury sporty feel. There are many big cars out there that will give one a better luxury feel than a beemer at a far cheaper price. Sporty for me has to be small and that's were the 3-series and the Z- series come in. For me to spend abt 5mill on a big beemer I'll rather spend half on a solid 330CI and the other half on maybe a lexus. Cos am not sure I want to buy such a big and expensive car and start revving and throwing it around corners.
So if I have to buy a big beemer, its not 4 the sake of sport. Definitely not on this naija roads.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Ikenna351(m): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2013
Gee2728: Have a personal opinion about buying BMW, pls house its personal so I dnt expect any backlash.
I dnt see the need of spending so much buying a Big BMW '5,7,X5- series' all for the sake of the luxury sporty feel. There are many big cars out there that will give one a better luxury feel than a beemer at a far cheaper price. Sporty for me has to be small and that's were the 3-series and the Z- series come in. For me to spend abt 5mill on a big beemer I'll rather spend half on a solid 330CI and the other half on maybe a lexus. Cos am not sure I want to buy such a big and expensive car and start revving and throwing it around corners.
So if I have to buy a big beemer, its not 4 the sake of sport. Definitely not on this naija roads.

People don't buy 7 series for sports, but luxury. It's like asking why one would buy a Benz S- 600 instead of C-280. It's like asking why would one build castle just to live in, instead of 3-bedroom bungalow. Taste changes the more our wallets smile back at us.

We upgrade our lifestyle as we prosper. Most of them that have 7 series in their driveway do have other economy vehicles.

If you stay in Abuja, you will realise that there is nothing wrong owing such luxurious vehicles, as long as you can afford and maintain them without eating deeply into your income and savings.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by lungwun(m): 11:28am On Oct 01, 2013
Does anyone know about the RHD to LHD conversion of E39's? Do they have a symmetrical firewall or will it have to be welded through to achieve this conversion?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gloryroad: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2013
xerotop:

Always remember the ffg

Thanks so much, i am already sold out to BM, I dont care what people say, also like Benz and Jags , will start making friends and looking for mechanics, if u have good mechanic in Abuja, please let me know.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ikenna351:

People don't buy 7 series for sports, but luxury. It's like asking why one would buy a Benz S- 600 instead of C-280. It's like asking why would one build castle just to live in, instead of 3-bedroom bungalow. Taste changes the more our wallets smile back at us.

We upgrade our lifestyle as we prosper. Most of them that have 7 series in their driveway do have other economy vehicles.

If you stay in Abuja, you will realise that there is nothing wrong owing such luxurious vehicles, as long as you can afford and maintain them without eating deeply into your income and savings.

Ikenna.
Was speaking for some pple I know, so I guess ur also speaking for the pple u know. Have seen drag race and drifted 7-series that's was y I posted such.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 1:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
Gee2728:
Was speaking for some pple I know, so I guess ur also speaking for the pple u know. Have seen drag race and drifted 7-series that's was y I posted such.
the 7series is the "ultimate driving Machine", I'll own one,God willing,when the time comes. Have you thought about drag-racing a 760li against the 330ci, no contest. Like Ikenna said, these cars- the S-Class, 7 series et al, are no cars for drag racing,or for drifting. They are regal vehicles, status cars, for the persons who conclude they have arrived....The younger crowd would go for the 330ci,but the older Gen would go for the 7,and prolly the 5...
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
yungboss:
the 7series is the "ultimate driving Machine", I'll own one,God willing,when the time comes. Have you though about drag-racing a 760li against the 330ci, no contest. Like Ikenna said, these cars- the S-Class, 7 series et al, are no cars for drag racing,or for drifting. They are regal vehicles, status cars, for the persons who conclude they have arrived....The younger crowd would go for the 330ci,but the older Gen would go for the 7,and prolly the 5...
Was not comparing a 760li to the 330ci. If u rly want to drag race it try it with the e90 M3. My point is with that 760li money, over($100000) one can get a top spec 335i or M3 then with the change u can buy another big layback car for the luxury aspect.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by baaliyah(m): 11:09am On Oct 02, 2013
Pls how many plugs are there in 120i.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Dsannin: 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hello People. I have a problem with my bmw 318ci. Whenever i press the brakes it squeals. I just had the bearings changed, it stopped for awhile but the noise has returned. anyone have any idea on what the problem might be and how to fix it. Also do u guys think its possible to retro fit my car with and AUX input, i saw something like that here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-In-Car-AUX-Connector-Retrofit-Kit-E46-3-Series-65120153501-/190704698001?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c66e2c291
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Shagati(m): 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
ba_aliyah: Pls how many plugs are there in 120i.

Four (4)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_1_Series_(E87)
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by yungboss(m): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Dsannin: Hello People. I have a problem with my bmw 318ci. Whenever i press the brakes it squeals. I just had the bearings changed, it stopped for awhile but the noise has returned. anyone have any idea on what the problem might be and how to fix it. Also do u guys think its possible to retro fit my car with and AUX input, i saw something like that here : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-In-Car-AUX-Connector-Retrofit-Kit-E46-3-Series-65120153501-/190704698001?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c66e2c291
it will work based on the info in the link you posted. Never knew about that though.
did you just replace your pads, I'd suggest cleaning your callipers...i have not experienced such before though.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
hello beautiful people...

i recently purchased a bmw 323i and the ride is fantastic..

i do have some issues with it. the previous owner says the oil level dips slightly and he has to top it once in a while. ive checked for the normal signs,but nothing

secondly the bushings,upper and lower arms possibly the absorbers are gone,how much can i get replacements at ladipo?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Shagati(m): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
adeniyisavage: hello beautiful people...

i recently purchased a bmw 323i and the ride is fantastic..

i do have some issues with it. the previous owner says the oil level dips slightly and he has to top it once in a while. ive checked for the normal signs,but nothing

secondly the bushings,upper and lower arms possibly the absorbers are gone,how much can i get replacements at ladipo?

Congrats mate!
Some pictures would be nice
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Dsannin: 2:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
yeah pics plsssssss
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
I'm looking @ buying my first beemer (all thanks to the contributions of Beemer users on this thread that made me fall in love with it). My specs is any 3 series from 95-2002, 323/325, manual or auto. Anyone here that has any sound one for sale should please contact me via bbm or email which are on my signature.

Thanks
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
here they are...

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
i have confirmed that the bushings have been worn out...i would like to know how much the bushings or the entire control arm cost?
please anyone?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Stylz69(m): 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
adeniyisavage: i have confirmed that the bushings have been worn out...i would like to know how much the bushings or the entire control arm cost?
please anyone?

SAVO!!!!!! Ebute 1 of Ebutte Meta
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by 234CustomCars: 7:12am On Oct 26, 2013
Arms should cost between 13 to 15k at Ladipo and between 15 to 20k at Olowu in Ikeja.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Stylz69:

SAVO!!!!!! Ebute 1 of Ebutte Meta

hmm.who knows him?
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Gee2728(m): 12:17pm On Oct 29, 2013
Found this @ a friends dealership for #7.5mil. Its a well kept M3,

Abeg make we debate is it worth it.

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
am planning to get a fairly used BMW soon. anybody with idea of the price especially 3 series 1999-2092. one thats in good shape and will last long

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.