Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,797 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (17129 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by cheddarking(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
Sagamite just pm'd me asking to postpone. After all his demo...

What a little biatch..... grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by jaybee3(m): 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
Yes i agree to postponement.

Dance floor here i come
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
No please. We have 6 contestants already. Let's go ahead. I suggest we pick the Top 3 here and postpone next stage. But outright cancellation at this stage is a disaster. Nobody will take us seriously next time. See number of people watching this thread down there and the guests.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Sagamite(m): 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
cheddarking, meet me here:

https://www.nairaland.com/996503/sagamite-vs-cheddarking-debate

I am seeing you name on the viewer list.

Meet me there and let me get off this thread.

This is last warning if you know you are not a pussyclat!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
breezy047:

I'm ready for you like a ROCK if you make it.
Cheers.

I should make it..

Got my counter arguments ready.. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by SisiKill1: 7:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
Jarus: No please. We have 6 contestants already. Let's go ahead. I suggest we pick the Top 3 here and postpone next stage. But outright cancellation at this stage is a disaster. Nobody will take us seriously next time. See number of people watching this thread down there and the guests.
I agree!!!

Soooo when do I dance? grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by coogar: 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
if the mods postpone this ish, then the godfatherism being discussed has spread like a virus to this forum then. postpone what? because sagamite is a mod? his opinion counts more than the other willing contestants? jaybee, I am utterly disappointed. count me out if you guys ever gather the cojones to arrange another debate!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Abbey2sam(m): 7:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
just taking my seat now and i noticed dat some post are hidden....why hidin pples post nah?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Roland17(m): 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
This dabate is meant for the ardent audience who are religiously following proceddings, i would say we continue, the motive of this debate is to enlighten our minds on the various ailents bedeviling our dear country and not to decorate a winner...and so far its been interesting...if we truly love our country, we must continue!!!!shikena
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
Next debate: Godfatherism on NL.. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by jaybee3(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
I already have my scores for the first 6 contestants so it's u to you guys really. We can always go with the 6 like Judge Jarus suggested
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by OAM4J: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
To All.

We appreciate the participants that have submitted their arguments.

This debate is not cancelled, the judges will judge the 1st set of arguments announce the results, we shall have the final among the top four contestants.

Please we are postponing the final to another time. We will announce the date for the final.

On behalf of the organizers and the judges please bear with us.

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2012
shymmex:

I should make it..

Got my counter arguments ready.. grin

Bring them on them and FACE the lion's CANINE grin
cheers
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by freecocoa(f): 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
Come let me tell you people o,i forfeited hanging out with my friends this evening\night just because of this debate,to God if una postpone riot go dey here.

Postpone unto what na?if sagamite doesn't want to continue then let those that will carry on.

We are already seeing the godfather thing at work here angry.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by cheddarking(m): 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Judges I am currently on my way to a party anyway...
I dropped my post, any body that wants to argue against me can copy and paste my post in his thread and argue there with me in absentia...

A person who isn't disciplined enough to stick to simple rules isn't worthy of my time...
He's gonna chat shyt anyway so I'm not missing much...

I would like to know the scoring for round 1 though....

Apologies to other legitimate debaters. Y'all wrote well...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by coogar: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Roland17: This dabate is meant for the ardent audience who are religiously following proceddings, i would say we continue, the motive of this debate is to enlighten our minds on the various ailents bedeviling our dear country and not to decorate a winner...and so far its been interesting...if we truly love our country, we must continue!!!!shikena

absolutely!
the rules were written in black n white for eons....if it didn't suit any of the contestants, they should have opted out before 6pm today. now the mods want it postponed because some "godfathers" aren't ready. how fair is that? in my own opinion, I think jaybee's bank account should be checked.....Sagamite must have transferred a lump sum to him!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
You didnt have to "anoint" debaters and co-debaters, you were supposed to throw the issue to the house for Nairalanders to chose who will represent them on pro or con side, by "anointing" debaters, just like godfathers do, the Debate went gaga, and we are left insulted.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Sagamite(m): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
cheddarking: Judges I am currently on my way to a party anyway...
I dropped my post, any body that wants to argue against me can copy and paste my post in his thread and argue there with me in absentia...

A person who isn't disciplined enough to stick to simple rules isn't worthy of my time...
He's gonna chat shyt anyway so I'm not missing much...

I would like to know the scoring for round 1 though....

Apologies to other legitimate debaters. Y'all wrote well...

Pussyclat, run!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by deshclones(m): 7:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
This sagamite character has always been a dolt...dude has absolutely nothing to offer..he is bereft of any ideas...hence he has resorted to doing what he does best...rain insults...don't even know why he was chosen..d debate should go on..it will be a huge shame if we mods cancel this debate because of a dolt.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by newacca: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
smiley waiting...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by ayox2003: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
Sagamoth! If you aint ready to participate on a sane debate as this, kindly hyperloop your insanity to your thread. If you cant play by the rules, go to your thread and shyt there.

And if anyone down there is willing to replace the moth, bring it on.

Frawzey
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2012
breezy047:
Bring them on them and FACE the lion's CANINE grin
cheers

Your flawed arguments won't get you past the voice of the masses..

I'll give your extra points before the finals, so as to enable you have more arguments and make the finals more interesting.. grin

The first republic is a good case study for some of the benefits of godfatherism...

I've my arguments against that as well.. wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by bohboh275(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
Hell no i don't support postponing because one Sagamite or whatever they call him decided to create is own thread under computer section when this is suppose to be a political debate. That is like giving him some egos that we can't move on without him. Who the hell does he think he is self. He is already attributing to the topic(Godfatherlism) with his attitude. I swear he is a coward and all he knows how to do is to swear.. I guess he is not ready to abide by the law and he decided to go somewhere where he will feel like a Boss.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by nitrogen(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mehn! What is happening? Una don f.u.ck up.

Btw, i already suggested that this week should be for the preparations, while next week will be for the debate.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Sagamite(m): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
OAM4J, meet me on my thread if you want to discuss how she fcked up.

https://www.nairaland.com/996503/sagamite-vs-cheddarking-debate
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Super1759: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
The debate is already going on: POSTPONE THE DEBATE OR NOT....please continue..(Takes a seat)
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by coogar: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
OAM4J: To All.

We appreciate the participants that have submitted their arguments.

This debate is not cancelled, the judges will judge the 1st set of arguments announce the results, we shall have the final among the top four contestants.

Please we are postponing the final to another time. We will announce the date for the final.

On behalf of the organizers and the judges please bear with us.

Thanks.

thank you very much!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
Coordinator,
Please let's send the scores to you and you collate and report and decide who move to next round. Like I said it is a disaster to end this like this.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by BABE3: 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
Nigerians will always be Nigerians. Time mismanagement and abrupt cancellation/postponement (all in the first round).

coogar:
It is obtuse to even think the political Godfathers in Nigeria are not responsible for the sheer penury we find ourselves today.

Get em'. Kill them all!! (whenever they're ready to be killed undecided)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! by manny4life(m): 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
I'm really enjoying this, grin grin smiley smiley smiley

Please, you people should not cancel or postpone it; whoever are the contestants that move forward, at least, they tried and I like their views whether it's for the for or against.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sites To Read Novels Online / So You Betrayed Me-a Christian Fiction / Whats Your Best African Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.