Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon (24270 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by joejeezy(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2012
zuzu-onyi:
And what in heaven's name happened to Freedom of Speech? sad shocked
ur freedom of speech ends were somebody's personality is concern
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Pergrace: 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
ZUBY77:

You cpuld have used 'beaf' instead of 'billyonaire'

i wonder ohh
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by PGON(m): 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2012
What kind of democracy are we practicing in Nigeria...!

Government should be wise enough to ignore side comments...

Ok! come and arrest me (DSS is playing on cheap security info, go confront the bh.....)

i reside at Warri Delta state... Come with entourage....

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Ayatullah(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
This report reminded us of something we have forgotten about Bribelord Jonathan who dished out $50,000.00, a foreign currency for transport to his countrymen whose national currency is the NAIRA............may we indeed have an 'election' before 2015! Long live Pastor Bakare, please be strong as you face the SSS guys, they are mere mortals like you, and a worthy mortal thou art.

4 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by joejeezy(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
And if he resigns who'll be the next president, bakare?.....that guy's just drawing attention to himself

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2012
...and those hailing the Govt on because of their perceived high presence and visibility in the govt of the day are the ones that will suffer most when push come to shove...we are watching.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by miteolu(m): 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2012
afam4eva: Let's all blame GEJ everyone.

GEJ for everything?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by dayokanu(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
SS inviting Bakare for telling retardeen to resign? LOL

I wonder how many times opposition tell political office holders to resign every week.

Retardeen Jonathan has taken governance to another low.

Now we are in a regime worse than Abachas

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Boazizzy08: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
Please can any one tell me why Bakare was invited?.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Odunnu: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2012
1025: nigeria has oil thieves (the cabals), we also have boko haram and their sponsors, we have kidnappers and corrupt politicians here and there. jonathan no see any of these guys arrest, na person wey preach the word of God. Joe shld ask Ohakim the former gov of Imo state how it was fighting with ordained men of God.

Which kain mumu word of God be that? If the govt had been able to nip budding trouble makers on time, we wont be battling full blown ruthless politicians, vampires called Boko Haram and the likes.
Tunde Bakare should know when to keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by LordBabs(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
Just as I expected. . .overbloated rebuttal and unnecessary distraction, augured by morbid fear and presidential idleness!

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Claumy2(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
In as much as I believe that GEJ isn't getting it right at the moment, I am sure that the said Tunde Bakare means doom for Nigeria.
Any good record about him?
If yes, can someone outline them?
Baka... Should go and sit down. He is a looser, always.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
Well, the good thing is the man is also a Lawyer . . . I hope the hearing will be televised. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
Ayatullah: This report reminded us of something we have forgotten about Bribelord Jonathan who dished out $50,000.00, a foreign currency for transport to his countrymen whose national currency is the NAIRA............may we indeed have an 'election' before 2015! Long live Pastor Bakare, please be strong as you face the SSS guys, they are mere mortals like you, and a worthy mortal thou art.
He is already pissing in his pants, I thought SSS were mortal men at one time until I met a team during the election. They will squeez his balls, Ask Tinubu why he is silent after an invitation by SSS, he was a noise maker, now he is silent.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by legendsilver(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
Okimski: Jonathan till 2019
what a fool u are, in your drms abi
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by SlyIg(f): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
From which chapter of the Holy Bible did this pastor get his topic from. Pastors wont face their Bible to preach to their congregation,as if they are better than dis politicians.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Skywalker5(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2012
fasttrack:

what point are you making here. senseless! read your post again.

ode..why are you hyper-ventilating? undecided undecided
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by ahidjo: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
Most People commenting here are truly worthless. The piece below reminds one of where Tunde Bakare stood and still stands. He has being vocal against bad governance in Nigeria, the reason Nigeris has remained castrated since 1960. Only the beneficiaries of the present corrupt and inept Nigerian leadership will speak against Tunde Bakare. I am sorry for those that don't benefit from the present Nigerian fraud yet speak against the truth. The evil you seek will find you!

Save Nigeria Group (SNG), a coalition of human rights and civil society groups led by Prof. Wole Soyinka and Pastor Tunde Bakare among others, next Wednesday (March 10) will organize a protest march in Abuja to demand the invocation of section 144 of the Constitution in resolving the lingering leadership crisis in Nigeria.

Also, the Action Congress (AC) has said the resort to the section 144 would not only solve the problem but also save President Umaru Yar’Adua from humiliation.

Section 144 of the Constitution requires the Federal Executive Council (FEC) to constitute a medical panel to determine if the President is incapacited to carry out his duties to enable the Vice President to take over and discharge such duties.

A text of a press conference on the state of the nation jointly signed by Buba Galadima, Yinka Odumakin, Osita Okechukwu, Mike Igini, Mallam Tanko and Mallam Salihu on behalf of the SNG, said Nigerians had been fed with falsehood for the past 100 days regarding the health of President Yar’Adua.

The SNG wondered how a man who was said to be having daily 25 minutes acrobics could come back and refuse to spare a minute to meet with acting President Goodluck Jonathan who had been holding forte for him since he went to Saudi Arabia for treatment.

"The alleged return of President Umaru Yar’Adua under the cover of darkness on February 23, 2010 and the refusal by his handlers to allow any person, including the acting President, access to him has further demonstrated the deep contempt the cabal that has hijacked the president to hold the nation to ransome and for the rest of Nigeria," read the statement.

The SNG lamented the inability of the FEC to deliberate on the health of the President at its Wednesday’s meeting, stressing that such a deliberation would have led to the invocation of section 144 to resolve the leadership debacle.

Noting that such actions were direct affront on the dignity of Nigerians, the SNG said Nigeria had already become a laughing stock of the world.

As the way forward, the SNG resolved to embark on graduated measures, including the Wednesday’s protest and other civil disobedience measures, to retrieve Nigeria from the grip of the cabal.

"Our patience has run out as a nation as there is limit to how far a country can survive on good luck. If we want to retrieve our country back we must do the needful. To this end we have resolved to settle for these irreducible minimum:

"A constitutional resolution of the anomaly of an invisible President co-existing with an Acting President constantly undermined by the cabal by the invocation of Section 144 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria without further delay;

" Urgent electoral reforms with a wholesale implementation of the Uwais report as the benchmark to restore the integrity of the ballot box so that never again shall we be governed by a set of officials with dubious mandate like those who have taken us through 100 days of the theatre of the absurd;

"In furtherance of the above, the Acting President must urgently come up with a Harmonisation Committee on what the Senate and the House of Representatives are doing on the Uwais report;

"A non-partisan transitional cabinet of the brightest and the best from all corners of Nigeria must be put together by the Acting President to chart a new course for the country while the Presidential Advisory Committee can remain truly advisory as the nation requires new thinking and new thinkers; and

"Immediate implementation of the Public Procurement Act signed into law in 2007 by Yar’adua but which has yet to be implemented because of the sustenance of the corrupt tendencies associated with the weekly award of contracts by FEC," read the statement.

Also, in a communique issued in Benin on Wednesday, after its National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the Constitution did not envisage an indefinite acting presidency.

``The mere fact that the President is right there in Aso Rock, whether he is fully conscious or not, is like a sword of Damocles hanging over the Acting President. Executive power is simultaneously vested in the President and the Acting President, and this is a recipe for confusion.

``The Acting President can neither dissolve the cabinet nor appoint new members into it. He cannot take bold actions, like dealing decisively with the electoral reform,’’ AC said.

It also said if today - God forbids - the Acting President takes ill or he is otherwise unable to perform the functions of his office, the nation will be thrown into another round of constitutional crisis, with terrible consequences.

‘’Simply put, the Acting Presidency as we have it now is like a car moving on three tyres, instead of four, and without an extra tyre….since there is no Vice President. The Acting President is at the mercy of the ailing President and his kitchen cabinet,’’ the party said.

It called on the Governors’ Forum, which seems to have emerged as a major player in the ensuing power show in Abuja, to use its clout to put pressure on the FEC (most members of which were nominated by the governors) to act fast in the interest of the nation.

``It is obvious that President Yar’Adua is not in a position to decide whether or not to resign on the basis of his health. Therefore, in order to save the President from a possible impeachment, which we believe is not the best option, the FEC should give him a soft landing by invoking Section. 144.

``Once that is done, the Governors’ Forum should also use their collective power to get the National Assembly to act fast on the FEC declaration, thus paving the way for Jonathan to become a substantive President so he can in turn act without constraints to move the nation forward,’’ AC said.

http://ndn.nigeriadailynews.com/templates/?a=25031
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by cyril10(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
Pastor has left the real reason why he established a church, he has now turned it to a political arena.

Last day events as said by God

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2012
Odunnu:
Which kain mumu word of God be that? If the govt had been able to nip budding trouble makers on time, we wont be battling full blown ruthless politicians, vampires called Boko Haram and the likes.

Bakare asked retardeen jonathan to resign, Tell me how that warrants an invitation from the SS

Well slowly but surely we are going back to the days of Abacha,
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by chucky234(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
zuzu-onyi:
And what in heaven's name happened to Freedom of Speech? sad shocked
Freedom of Speech in this country,hmmm those bills are mere formalities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
Odunnu:

Clap for yourself with this your logic....very soon you will encourage the govt to pick up anyone that dare ask them how they arrived at 97 per liter of PMS...simply because they are "trouble makers" going by your warped logic.

The govt should ask itself some very serious questions...so much angst towards them at the moment...the popularity is at the lowest ebb..safe from our dark military eras.

Question is if there should be an early election called today...do you think GEJ can comfortably wave his score card?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by dayokanu(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2012
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by str8talk1: 4:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
If really we hv institutions greater dan individuals,dat singular act of tipping d fiery pastor wt $50000 is enough 2 remove GEJ 4rm office.
Well as 4 me,I tink itz abt time we start holding our public office holders accountable both in dia private n public life.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Skywalker5(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Then they should stop asking us to pray for them so they can do what can carry out their political responsibilities, yes?

You are right. i feel any pastor than involves himself with politic or politicians has his own agenda.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by chucky234(m): 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
Billyonaire: Why do SSS have to invite Stupid Bakare, a point blank shot at his head will do the magic.
Why you no buy gun go shoot am naw

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by legendsilver(m): 4:58pm On Jul 23, 2012
Lord Babs: Just as I expected. . .overbloated rebuttal and unnecessary distraction, augured by morbid fear and presidential idleness!
u knw book o, ENGLISH

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by onandon: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2012
What is going on here ? Why is Bakare getting a lot of stick ? Is he lying ? I think majority of the people affected by the hardship in Nigeria are busy looking for their daily bread this morning while representatives of GEJ, NOI, SLS, TOMPOLO, OTEH, OBJ, GRAND PA FIX IT, DOKUBO, (SO CALLED) ELDERS , PDP CAUCUS AND OTHER POLITICALLY FAVORED THIEVING SCUMS are here saying Bakare should shut up. Why couldn't any of you or your fathers come out in public to tell us to shut up when we were protesting January? You make those deluded pastors your role models because they tell you the sweet things you want to hear like "it is well"(when everything really isn't) "Your year of miracle" (suffering but smiling in faith ) . How many battles in the Bible were spiritual ? Did the Israelites just camp in the wilderness praying for miracles like Nigerians do? , my Bible tells me "faith without work is dead" . Is every problem in Nigeria spiritual? Is Nepa's problem spiritual? Is it spirits that sabotage our oil? Are Ibori, Tinubu, Bode George, IBB,
Tafa Balogun, OBJ, PDP, Other hypocrite Political parties spirits ? I don't believe in any so called man of God as long as he is born of a woman like my mum but Bakare should be commended for having the guts to face the modern day "Pharaohs".

7 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by tunnytox(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2012
Odunnu:

Odunnu, I'm really disappointed that someone of your intelligence will a post like above. So because Pastor Bakare is always criticising Jonathan that makes him a trouble maker that deserves to be arrested?
Please tell me about your own version of democracy that arrest critics and allow the oil cabals to roam free. When are people like you and many other Nigerians will start to think and act without tribal and religious sentiments?
It's obvious that Jonathan govt has nothing to offer and no significant impact of his govt are being felt by the masses in any way yet many posters here still supports him out of their religious or tribal sentiments. I wonder what the future holds for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by legendsilver(m): 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
Lord Babs: Just as I expected. . .overbloated rebuttal and unnecessary distraction, augured by morbid fear and presidential idleness!
u knw book o, ENGLISH grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Walecole74: 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
Bakare is becoming over ambitious. I think this must rule syndrome has sank into him. Am sure if he had won the last election with his cleric master, he would not be castigating the govt of GEJ in such manner. He really need to be cautioned.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by gudnex22(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sky-walker:

Religion and politics should never mix. Pastor Bakare should know that. He cant be talking down on the President live all in the name of religion.
May you live long. That man is not a pastor if he is then he should be praying for our leaders not asking them to resign. Pastor indeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Normal To Pray Before Sex? / Bishop Tom Samson Embarks On Road Rehabilitation In Lagos (pics) / Seven Things To Expect In A Real Godly Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.