Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon (24241 Views)

Pastor Tunde Bakare Saw An Igbo Giant Pursuing Him In Dream - Sahara Reporters / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY / All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 12:59am On Jul 24, 2012
Johnsinia:
D freedom of my mind is dat u r a big fool and dat u wil continue 2 b a fool until ur junior brother go claim ur birth right. Abeg no vex, am only followin d freedom of my mind.

True! But can I add that you are an slowpoke for thinking that freedom belongs only in your mind. grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Johnsinia(m): 1:01am On Jul 24, 2012
If ur so-call freedom of speech is a threat or abusive, den its a threat itself. If u tink u can just make any comment n den call it freedom of speech, den go 2 CNN n announce dat u r a terrorist, dat ur mission is 2 kill d president. Den later tell dem its just a freedom of speech, dat u dnt mean any of wat u just say. My guy, b4 u wil finish explaning, a Jack Bauer wil arrest u n torture u d way terrorist is surpose 2.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 1:11am On Jul 24, 2012
Johnsinia: If ur so-call freedom of speech is a threat or abusive, den its a threat itself. If u tink u can just make any comment n den call it freedom of speech, den go 2 CNN n announce dat u r a terrorist, dat ur mission is 2 kill d president. Den later tell dem its just a freedom of speech, dat u dnt mean any of wat u just say. My guy, b4 u wil finish explaning, a Jack Bauer wil arrest u n torture u d way terrorist is surpose 2.

So freedom of speech is now freedom to be a terrorist? You sure say no one dey "tamper" with you there? undecided undecided undecided

What threat? Let me easier for you. Show me the THREAT that was made. Don't feed me more ramblings. . . show me what it is Bakare said that constitutes a threat.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by chibsco: 2:44am On Jul 24, 2012
1025: nigeria has oil thieves (the cabals), we also have boko haram and their sponsors, we have kidnappers and corrupt politicians here and there. jonathan no see any of these guys arrest, na person wey preach the word of God. Joe shld ask Ohakim the former gov of Imo state how it was fighting with ordained men of God.
........let me ask u is your bakare a real man of God?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Leemak: 3:08am On Jul 24, 2012
We people of this bleeping country leading by a useless drunkard fisherman from Otueke community in Bayelsa hate truth talk, is it when pastor Bakare say dt cluelss GEJ should resign dt he should do? everyone of us know dt dis corrupt president is not fit enof to lead us,imagine giving 50k dollars as transport fare?...pls we should not say just because somone is a man of God he should not say wot is right...We do know dt those people dt are crucifying Bakare are 40 laptops.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 3:24am On Jul 24, 2012
chibsco: ........let me ask u is your bakare a real man of God?

Are you yourself a mind-reader cause you would have to be one to know the heart of another man lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by nagoma(m): 4:46am On Jul 24, 2012
They say- " don't mix religion with politics"- whenever it suits them. But there was never a time when religion came so much into politics in this country than at GEJ's election/selection. If they didn't use religion to sway the minds of the gullible we would have been more circumspect and more discerning in choosing a president that can actually lead the country. Now it is too late. It's only people like Bakare that care about our fate - at the expense of his own safety.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 24, 2012
nagoma: They say- " don't mix religion with politics"- whenever it suits them. But there was never a time when religion came so much into politics in this country than at GEJ's election/selection. If they didn't use religion to sway the minds of the gullible we would have been more circumspect and more discerning in choosing a president that can actually lead the country. Now it is too late. It's only people like Bakare that care about our fate - at the expense of his own safety.

Whatchu say, Bro?

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Cyberconnect12: 7:00am On Jul 24, 2012
tomakint: This is not the time to beat around the bush, Jonathan should see the message of Tunde Bakare as an eye-opener! A stitch in time saves nine, Jonathan should rise to the occasion before an Aboki (Sambo) coyly becomes the next president-this could be disastrous!
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by abdurrazaq(m): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Then they should stop asking us to pray for them so they can carry out their political responsibilities, yes?
May GOD increase you in knowledge and bless you for this wonderful response
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by DrDre1(m): 7:19am On Jul 24, 2012
See the picture o! Lol cheesy grin
Chei!...and some people say religion & politics don't mix? Please!
He used religion to his full advantage...see the way he knelt like an obedient school boy...it's ironic this same man ”doesn't give a damn” now. grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by brosB: 7:20am On Jul 24, 2012
The invitation of Tunde Bakare by the SSS to me is a wellcome development,as a member of Save Nigeria Group who was on the sreet to protest at the instance or call of Tunde Bakare and other leaders of this group when the protest was the only option of bringing about a functional Government when the whole country was held captive by a cabal during the illness of the late president Yaradua (RIP),I look at pst Tunde Bakare as the Rev Martin Luther King Jnr of Nigeria just to wake up one morning with the disappointing News that this clergy Comrade activist has thrown away the strungle and join our oppressor for nothing but selfish and personal interest,he has become a partisan politician,I was shock to my marrow,how could he do this? I ask but never got an answer.you can not be partisan and at the same time be an activist,for the singular reason that he contesteted an election against a government In power he has lost his credence and power to ourightly criticized the government witout been acussed of the fact that is because he is in the oppostion.that is what I feel Bakare should know and go to the cooler for now and wait for the next election or talk and risk rusting in jail.this is my humble logomaki as I submit without logopersia.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2012
That dumb.as$s that introduced that cliche of "don't bring religion to politics" must be regretting uttering such idi0tic statement by now.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by abdurrazaq(m): 7:34am On Jul 24, 2012
Billyonaire: There are only 2 entities you can not toy with in this world:
1. God
2. Government

Bakare is trying to toy with both.
The only that can‘t be questioned in this is world is GOD and even that is because, HE never fail to explain/justify what HE did for/to us or expected of us.
No government is unquestionable sir. Don‘t compare any government with GOD, please.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Demdem(m): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2012
bros B: The invitation of Tunde Bakare by the SSS to me is a wellcome development,as a member of Save Nigeria Group who was on the sreet to protest at the instance or call of Tunde Bakare and other leaders of this group when the protest was the only option of bringing about a functional Government when the whole country was held captive by a cabal during the illness of the late president Yaradua (RIP),I look at pst Tunde Bakare as the Rev Martin Luther King Jnr of Nigeria just to wake up one morning with the disappointing News that this clergy Comrade activist has thrown away the strungle and join our oppressor for nothing but selfish and personal interest,he has become a partisan politician,I was shock to my marrow,how could he do this? I ask but never got an answer.you can not be partisan and at the same time be an activist,for the singular reason that he contesteted an election against a government In power he has lost his credence and power to ourightly criticized the government witout been acussed of the fact that is because he is in the oppostion.that is what I feel Bakare should know and go to the cooler for now and wait for the next election or talk and risk rusting in jail.this is my humble logomaki as I submit without logopersia.

i think ur point is baseless. Late Gani Fawehinmi till his death was an activist however its on record that he stood to be elected. In otherwords he established his own party and requested for votes from the people. he lost gallantly. Did that make him less an activist? i dont think so.

Secondly, u made mention of Bakare joining ur oppressors, if i get u well u are probably reffering to Buhari right? can u kindly expantiate on this by explaining what makes Buhari ur present oppressor?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by funshybam(m): 8:13am On Jul 24, 2012
50,000 dolz for t-fare?! I no even knw may be na scream i dey scream or i dey ask question.
I GAT 2 VISIT ASO ROCK ONE OF THESE DAYS. CHEI
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2012
I can see that some Nigerians will always prefer the pupilt lying, money making and the POLITICIAN romancing pastors. Gollible fools!
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by texazzpete(m): 9:11am On Jul 24, 2012
owabor: His mates are there fastin nd prayin for peace in d country, he is there talkin rubbish. Is he supportin boko or christians? God hav mercy on us.

I think you meant to say "his mates are there fasting and praying for the corrupt members of their congregation"

Rule of thumb: If you pastor does not devote at least 10% of his time to preach against theft and corruption, he's not a true MOG.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Demdem(m): 9:14am On Jul 24, 2012
In response, Mr Bakare, who went to the Shangisha office of the secret police Monday afternoon, flanked by his lawyer and Yinka Odumakin, a close comrade, handed the director a signed copy of his Sunday sermon, and requested him to peruse it carefully.

"I then asked him whether there was anything in the sermon that was false or misleading," the pastor said via telephone from Lagos. "I then informed him that I won't tone down my sermons."

Mr. Bakare also said he handed an invitation to the SSS directors to attend his church where more critical messages would be delievered this and next week.

"It is a three-part message I'm giving, and they are free to attend," he said.

http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2064-pastor-tunde-bakare-rejects-sss-call-to-moderate-sermons

1 Like

Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Hugoboi(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2012
Years of impoverishment has numbed Nigerians. It doesn't take a seer to see that GEJ and PDP's albatross is just around the corner. They can harass Bakare all they want. At least he had the balls to speak up. Other men of his ilk are busy feeding fat on their congregations.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by honeric01(m): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2012
Demdem: In response, Mr Bakare, who went to the Shangisha office of the secret police Monday afternoon, flanked by his lawyer and Yinka Odumakin, a close comrade, handed the director a signed copy of his Sunday sermon, and requested him to peruse it carefully.

"I then asked him whether there was anything in the sermon that was false or misleading," the pastor said via telephone from Lagos. "I then informed him that I won't tone down my sermons."

Mr. Bakare also said he handed an invitation to the SSS directors to attend his church where more critical messages would be delievered this and next week.

http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2064-pastor-tunde-bakare-rejects-sss-call-to-moderate-sermons

Another bravo.

The mind-slaves can keep bashing the man for all i care, but i know one thing, those who choose to remain slaves in their country can't be helped because "heaven only helps those who are willing and ready to receive and welcome help".
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Demdem(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2012
^^^^^

How i wish the Retardeen himself attends. he needs to leave his sycophantic environment for once (of cos he wont)
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by DrDre1(m): 10:29am On Jul 24, 2012
I can imagine the expression on the faces of the SSS guys after they read through the 'sermon' and when he handed them letters of invitation for next Sunday service grin . Not only SSS knows how to give 'invitations' after-all grin
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by blaqoracle: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2012
PAstor bakare should be held responsible for misleading many nigerians. He was the one that threaten fire and brimestone if jonathan was not install as president, even while the sitting president was still alife. Infact, he should resign as the president of his church- LATTER RAIN ASSEMBLY.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by luluosas(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Please enlighten me oh ye politically and religiously savvy one. embarassed

These Politicians go to churches to woo supporters by pledging they will do this and do that when in office.

They go to church to seek "religious guidance" from pastors, so they can do well.

Every other word out of their mouth is God this, God that, pray this, pray that.

They use the support of Pastors to prop themselves up

A pastor criticizes them and suddenly it is Do not mix Religion and Politics.

I may not know what "Not mixing religion and politics" means but I do know what HYPOCRITE means.
Spot on.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2012
Johnsinia:
D freedom of my mind is dat u r a big fool and dat u wil continue 2 b a fool until ur junior brother go claim ur birth right. Abeg no vex, am only followin d freedom of my mind.

“If you have a desire to be a mediocre, you will probably find that you have already achieved your ambition.” - Hugh B. Brown (rephrased)
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by luluosas(m): 11:05am On Jul 24, 2012
Claumy2: In as much as I believe that GEJ isn't getting it right at the moment, I am sure that the said Tunde Bakare means doom for Nigeria.
Any good record about him?
If yes, can someone outline them?
Baka... Should go and sit down. He is a looser, always.
If you have anything against Bakare, spew it out now. Who are you waiting to do it for you?
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2012
blaqoracle: PAstor bakare should be held responsible for misleading many nigerians. He was the one that threaten fire and brimestone if jonathan was not install as president, even while the sitting president was still alife. Infact, he should resign as the president of his church- LATTER RAIN ASSEMBLY.

As much as one try to be civil on this platform...another f0ol will show up from the cave to utter another nonsense.

So insisting that the Constitution (no matter how much we perceived it to be flawed..its is till the de-facto document binding us as nation)should be adhered to in your own shallow thinking translates to the bold part?

He was blind to the beneficiary of it....and that is how it should be...not supporting a cause because it suit him or not.

The man has been consistent in his belief in the supremacy of the constitution.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by luluosas(m): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2012
cyril10: Pastor has left the real reason why he established a church, he has now turned it to a political arena.

Last day events as said by God
If you don't have anything to say, just shut up. Is it your pastors that are feeding fat on the ignorance of their members that ok? End time indeed!
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by Kobojunkie: 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
Demdem: In response, Mr Bakare, who went to the Shangisha office of the secret police Monday afternoon, flanked by his lawyer and Yinka Odumakin, a close comrade, handed the director a signed copy of his Sunday sermon, and requested him to peruse it carefully.

I said it. . . these security agents were only there to WASTE OUR MONEY in this. None of them probably investigated the sermon in question before the decision to bring the man in, wasting our resources, was made. I am glad Bakare did not hide any portion of this from the Nigerian people.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by yebarbie(f): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2012
kingoflag:

And you should choose between a rope and vermin poison because your clearly consuming badly needed oxygen with your worthless presence on earth.

LOL,LOL,LOL!!!!. Seriously,LOL.

Will keep the phrase, could come in handy some day.

but i think d pastor should seriously choose btw politics and d wrk of God.
Re: Tunde Bakare Summoned Over Sermon by RUNSTOEFLGRE: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2012
GOD HAS NUMBERED THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE AND BROUGHT IT TO AN END.YOU HAVE BEEN WEIGHED ON SCALE AND FOUND IT TO BE NO GOOD.HZS BEEN GIVEN TO MERDZ AND
ilugunboy: Mene mene tekel upharsin...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / Is It Normal To Pray Before Sex? / Community Seals Pastor’s House In Ondo For Burying Charms (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.