Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

9jacriip's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jacriip's Profile / 9jacriip's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Culture / Re: What Do You Enjoy About Going To Your Village? by 9jacriip: 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2012
Ife Oooooye! I enjoy everything, the feeling of being home itslf is utopian - the palm wine is heaven's gate!
Jokes Etc / Re: Obama Does 'Gangnam Style' Dance To Embarrass Daughters by 9jacriip: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2012
Alright
Entertainment / Re: How To Stay Safe During The Yuletide Season by 9jacriip: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2012
Phones / Re: Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: by 9jacriip: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2012
All I can say is 'dayuuuuuum'!

1 Like

Entertainment / Re: Itunes Music Store For Nigeria Now Feature Songs For Purchase And Download by 9jacriip: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2012
basher:

What is d size of this file?

456 MB, why?
Entertainment / Re: Itunes Music Store For Nigeria Now Feature Songs For Purchase And Download by 9jacriip: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2012
With bad and very weak internet signal how do we download movies?
I've spent about 3weeks, if not more trying to download a sonic game on my iPad - thanks to MTN!
Car Talk / Re: Every Car Techie On NL by 9jacriip: 8:03am On Dec 02, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

remember headlight got 2 stages dipped beam and high beam have you tried high beam ?

and also is the glass clean ?

Dipped beam and high beam keh? What's that? Maube you could explain? The glass isn't clean but not all that discoloured, quite OK. Some guy said I could get it washed or do you have an idea how much the whole thing is sold for?
Car Talk / Re: Every Car Techie On NL by 9jacriip: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2012
Siena:

There are several factors that could account for dim headlamps.

1) Discoloured headlamp lenses.
2) Discoloured headlamp reflectors.
3) Incorrect headlamp aim.
4) Excessive voltage drop at wiring terminals.

a) Your headlamp lenses are plastic. These plastic lenses can tarnish over time, and become yellowish, with surface scratches. Take a look at these first, they should be clear, with no opaque (cloudy) appearance. If they are not clear, the only way out is replacement.

b) Your reflectors must be a clear silver. Most modern cars have plastic reflectors, with a silver treatment. Older models will be chrome-plated metal. Make sure your lenses have no cracks. If there's any way moisture can get into the units, the reflectors can dull, metal ones can have the chrome plating flake off, and the metal rust. Again, if this is the case, the only way out is replacement.

c) Headlamp aim is very important. If the headlamps are aimed too low, the beam won't travel very far, and will illuminate a very short distance at night, regardless of how bright they are. If aimed too high, there won't be any beam pattern to see from the driving seat at night, so I would look at this too. Hoes your car have a headlamp level adjuster on the dash? It should be set to 0 (zero) at all times, unless the rear is heavily loaded, then position 1 or 2 should be used.

d) If your headlamp wiring has corrosion, or is otherwise old, you'll get voltage drop. So you can get 10 - 11,5 volts at the bulb, instead of the average 12,5 - 14,4 volts with the engine running. You'll need a decent garage to check the voltage with a multimeter. The best way to improve output (assuming voltage drop is an issue) is to have the main and dipped beam running through relays. Don't be tempted to exceed the rated bulb wattage (55 / 60 watts). If you do (without relays being fitted) you will overload the circuit - the least you could do would be you'll burn out the headlamp switch, worse case scenario, an electrical fire starting behind the dash.

Get these items checked by a reputable garage (not what Nigerians call "rewire"wink. They're cheap for a reason - they're not qualified to be working on anything to do with an automobile.

Thanks a lot, I did a proper check on the lenses as well as reflector, there's discoloration already so I'd go with the option of replacement, thank you a lot. I do not have an idea of how much its sold for here in Naija, do you? Please?
Car Talk / Re: Every Car Techie On NL by 9jacriip: 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2012
That was quick! Thank you.
Its an Accord 2004 EX
Car Talk / Every Car Techie On NL by 9jacriip: 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2012
I don't know what's wrong with my car head lights, they're not bright @ all and I hardly see anything at night - really scary. Though I've changed bulbs severally, still no difference - its lacking brightness. What can I do? Solutions please.
Politics / Re: Nigerian Governor's Wives (pictures) by 9jacriip: 10:51am On Nov 27, 2012
This aregbe and his wife ehn! Eptiome of ugliness
Crime / Re: Woman Accused Of Being Intimate With Skeletons by 9jacriip: 8:43pm On Nov 21, 2012
Make una nor worry jare - she wan do blood money ni. grin
Travel / Re: 13 Dangerous Bus-stops In Lagos by 9jacriip: 9:41am On Nov 19, 2012
filcast: Cassidy bus stop: Students cultists incharge

Cassidy is a bus stop before Okokomaiko and also along Mile 2-Badagry Expressway. Like most other bad bus tops, the hoodlums operate at night and very early in the morning.

However, investigation revealed that most of the hoodlums at the bus stop are student cultists of the Eye confraternity. A source alleged that most of them are students from the nearby institutions who carry out the evil acts whenever they run out of cash.

Their usual way of life.
Nairaland / General / Re: Have You Ever Gotten Lost As A Kid Or Even As An Adult? by 9jacriip: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2012
I always get lost even though I grew up in Lagos, I barely go out and about smiley
Politics / Re: In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? by 9jacriip: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2012
@OP: just like every other person said, the bokites wud wanna rep but make them nor use xtians count scores fr naija, make dem travel go US/Europe go shoot film. Moreso, Nigeria might be safe depending on the angle the government leans, just saying.
Politics / Re: In Event Of World War 3, Would Nigeria Be A Safe Country To Reside? by 9jacriip: 7:56am On Nov 18, 2012
nifemi01:
how is that an intelligent question? Do u know how many lives were lost in WW1 and WW2?
Why would someone start a day thinking about another war?

I doubt you realize how horribly dumb your post is. Have you been following world politics at all? There have been several issues which could be tagged as remote causes which leaves WW3 impending - all it needs is an immediate trigger to set things in motion. WW3 had already begun US/Israel VS Iran/Arab world? China VS Japan over island dispute? The bid to reshuffle world's balance of power and US' urge to want to retain the power addiction? So many factors have set the stage already... Wake up!
Politics / Re: Seven Injured In Ekiti ACN, PDP Clash by 9jacriip: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2012
><
Politics / Re: Sanusi - $11bn Cash Taken Abroad Through Nigerian Airports by 9jacriip: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2012
And the stewpid scammers are moving back in billions of dollars lipsrsealed
Romance / Re: Most Embarrassing Moment Of Your Life by 9jacriip: 12:24am On Nov 16, 2012
nipeks001:
hahahahahahahaha

Bros that day wasn't funny O!
Romance / Re: Most Embarrassing Moment Of Your Life by 9jacriip: 12:15am On Nov 16, 2012
*clears throat*

Most embarrassing moment: Moved outta Lagos to Mowe like 3/4years back, so I always have to go to Lagos to get one thing or the other done, so I went to Lagos as usual on this fateful day (felt too lazy to drive) and on my way back a very heavy rain began to pour while I was on a bike at Allen, the bike-man asked if he could stop for a while I told him to keep it moving since the rain appeared like it would take forever to stop, on getting to Berger the rain was even heavier - boarded a bus and well the rain still poured till I got to MFM and on arriving at my B/stop I realized everywhere at Mowe was so dry and not even a droplet hit the earth there, meanwhile I was drenched from shirt, chinos to sneakers and I was dripping heavily. Everyone kept staring at me like I just got out of a well, it was so embarrassing! embarassed angry

3 Likes

Romance / Re: Do You Ever Plan On Being In A Permanent Relationship? by 9jacriip: 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2012
Nothing better than a permanent relationship with trust, committment and love - lots of it.

1 Like

Politics / Re: QUALITY OF ROADS: Nigeria Ranks 120th Out Of 142 Countries by 9jacriip: 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
I can authoritatively say this report is a big ruse! C'mon, u mean naija roads that are good enough for F1 racing rank this low?
Foreign Affairs / Re: Xi Jinping Elected To Lead China by 9jacriip: 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Politics / Re: Tanker Drivers Begin 7-day Strike by 9jacriip: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
IYA NGBALI: hmmmmmmmmmmm

undecided
Politics / Police Road Block? by 9jacriip: 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
I'm pretty much confused: I travelled through Lagos-Ibadan expressway yesterday and I was taken aback by the presence of police men at check points with an apparently 'mapped out' distance in between each group. My question is, has the previously banned road block been re-instated since they were actually stopping motorists and doing the usual thing? Someone should kindly shed light on this.
Politics / Re: Tanker Drivers Begin 7-day Strike by 9jacriip: 2:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Just because I posted 'something about nairalanders going on strike, I received a ban for samething iya-ngbali posted and didn't get banned?

Nairaland poltics section mod-goons banned 9jacrip for Trolling. Derailing a thread by posting comment position. Ban expires at November 27, 2012 at 12:24:06 PM.

Make una un-ban me asap abeg.

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.