Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

9jaDoc's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaDoc's Profile / 9jaDoc's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 34 pages)

Sports / Re: Fresh! $40,000 Disappears From NFF Office by 9jaDoc(f): 9:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
9ja!

**FTC**

In other words NFF is just another typical corrupt Nigerian organization. Nothing new here.
But these people that believe in money doubles. Chai!!

5 Likes

Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 6:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Njeps:
I heard someone say "Ordinary Billionnaire".

Am I mixing up something here?

A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money. grin
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 5:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
MT:

Obviously you are a typical Nigerian that will not accept being wrong because you feel it disparages you. Continue in your ignorance till you disgrace your future generation.

For individuals that are willing to learn and open minded, you only APPLY to be ICAN MEMBER and your course must not necessarily be accounting-related. For you to be CHARTERED, you need to sit and pass ICAN professional exams. YOU DO NOT APPLY TO BE CHARTERED, you sit and PASS relevant exams.

Ooni of Ife is a MEMBER of ICAN but NOT a CHARTERED Accountant.

I am out.....

Of course u r out because U KNOW U R WRONG!!

The below is copied directly from them. I did not change a single word:

Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Member | Established: 1965 | Member since 1977

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), whose membership is comprised of accountants, auditors, and accounting technicians, was established in 1965 by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of September 1, 1965 (the ICAN Act).
ICAN is a mandatory membership organization and is legally responsible for determining membership requirements. ICAN establishes and maintains a register for its members and contributes to setting financial reporting standards.

NOTE: Only qualified candidates who have relevant accounting related working experience
should apply for the membership of the Institute in line with the period stated below:
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2017
MT:

Don't be mischievous. Show me where it states you must pass an exam to become a MEMBER. If an engineer applies, he will become a MEMBER.

Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Member | Established: 1965 | Member since 1977

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), whose membership is comprised of accountants, auditors, and accounting technicians, was
established in 1965 by the Act of Parliament No. 15 of September 1, 1965 (the ICAN Act). ICAN is a mandatory membership organization and is legally responsible for determining membership requirements. ICAN establishes and maintains a register for its members and contributes to setting financial reporting standards.
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 11:19am On Dec 20, 2017
MT:

Don't be mischievous. Show me where it states you must pass an exam to become a MEMBER. If an engineer applies, he will become a MEMBER. Again,read this straight from ICAN:

NOTE:  Only qualified candidates who have relevant accounting related working experience should apply for the membership of the Institute in line with the period stated below:

Graduates of Accounting            36 Months

Graduates of other Disciplines     48 Months

AAT                                        48 Months

Contact ‘membership@ican.org.ng’  or call 01-4542097 for further enquiry

http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=17

ONLY ACCOUNTANTS AND RELATED CAN BE MEMBERS.

Read this again (note the bolded):

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE

Pay Induction fee of N90,000 at any commercial bank in Nigeria.
Obtain Payment Receipt and proceed with your registration on ICAN Website: https://www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect.
Enter your DEPOSIT SLIP NUMBER and RECEIPT NUMBER.
New PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS would be generated.
Enter your Student Registration Number, PIN and SERIAL Numbers into the registration page.
Complete the form, upload a clear passport photograph on white background and submit online.
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2017
MT:
J

@9jaDoc,

You have only succeeded in supporting what I just explained to you. Register first to become a member. Then take the exam to become CHARTERED. It's that simple. I assume you have not been a member of any professional body before, so this is becoming too complex for you to understand.

CAN U READ AT ALL!!! HABA!!
It says it right there. U register to become a STUDENT which is one of the prerequisites of becoming a member
and requires passing exams. Read ALL my previous post.
Haba!
Politics / Re: Civil Servant Bags 35 Years In Jail Over N2.5 Million Fraud by 9jaDoc(f): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2017
giftsunday2017:
A civil servant with Benin Owena River Basin Development Authority (BORBDA), Mr. Monday Isiorh Okoh has been sentenced to 35 years in jail for mismanaging the agency’s N2.5 million.

Okoh, who was a Salary Officer with BORBDA was dragged before Justice E. Edigin of High Court 3, Benin City by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) for mismanaging over N2.5 million belonging to the agency through multiple bank accounts.
https://www.ireporteronline.com/civil-servant-bags-35-years-jail-n2-5-million-fraud/

9ja sef
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2017
MT:
@9jadoc

Why are you sounding so uneducated?. You can be a member without being chartered. Not all members are chartered but they can be if they decide to sit and pass the professional exam. I refer you to ICAN website stated below and read the conditions to become a member. I have copied it out for u to read:

http://icanig.org/ican/article.php?id=17

NOTE:  Only qualified candidates who have relevant accounting related working experience should apply for the membership of the Institute in line with the period stated below:

Graduates of Accounting            36 Months

Graduates of other Disciplines     48 Months

AAT                                        48 Months

Contact ‘membership@ican.org.ng’  or call 01-4542097 for further enquiry

**In summary being a member DOES NOT mean you are CHARTERED. QED

This is straight from ICAN website
Note: You have to first register as a professional student b4 u can become a member.

APPROVED QUALIFICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION AS A PROFESSIONAL STUDENT

In order to register as a student with the Institute, an applicant must hold a
qualification not below University degree or its equivalent.

The Council has accepted the following qualifications for the purpose of entry requirements:
The degree of any University or Higher National Diploma of any Polytechnic
accredited by the Council.
(b) Any other qualification for the time being approved by the Council.

Approved meanwhile are:
(i) The final examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and
Administrators
(ii) The final examination of the former Corporation of Secretaries.
(iii) The final examination of the Association of International Accountants
(iv) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
(v) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers
i) The final examination of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
(vi) The final examination of the Association of Accounting Technicians,
U.K.
(vii) The final examination of the Association of National Accountants of
Nigeria (ANAN)
(viii) Executive Management Accountancy (Federal Treasury Training
School, Stage III)
(ix) The final examination of Accounting Technicians Scheme, West Africa
(ATSWA).

WHAT TO DO
(1)PAY 7000 (bank charges not included) PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION REGISTRATION FEE ON PAY DIRECT AT ANY COMMERCIAL BANK IN NIGERIA

(2) PROCEED WITH REGISTRATION AT THE WEBSITE ADDRESS INDICATED ON THE PAY DIRECT RECEIPT OBTAINED AT THE BANK AFTER PAYMENT.

(3) OBTAIN A COLOURED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH OF YOURSELF. SCAN THE PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH ON THE FORM.

(4) PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM

(5) APPEND YOUR SIGNATURE

(6) GET A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AS YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR.

(7) PROVIDE HIS/HER MEMBERSHIP NUMBER, NAME AND PHONE NUMBER.

(cool TAKE THE PRINTED COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND THE PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR CREDENTIALS TO YOUR REFEREE/SPONSOR FOR CERTIFICATION.

(9) STUDENTS USING AAT RESULT SHOULD PAY N23,500 BEING THE COST OF INDUCTION/CONFERENCE AND ATTACH THE PHOTOCOPY OF THE RECEIPT TO THE FORM.

(10) ATTACH THE FOLLOWING:

1. ORIGINAL COPY OF THE PIN VOUCHER
2. TWO COPIES OF CERTIFIED PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH
3. ORIGINAL COPY OF PAY DIRECT RECEIPT.

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURE

Pay Induction fee of N90,000 at any commercial bank in Nigeria.
Obtain Payment Receipt and proceed with your registration on ICAN Website: https://www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect.
Enter your DEPOSIT SLIP NUMBER and RECEIPT NUMBER.
New PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS would be generated.
Enter your Student Registration Number, PIN and SERIAL Numbers into the registration page.
Complete the form, upload a clear passport photograph on white background and submit online.
Print the completed Membership Form for your Referees to sign.
Attach the following documents:
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 10:38am On Dec 20, 2017
baysol:

Ooni as the custodian of Yoruba culture and Tradition. must desist from this fragrant uncharacteristic mannerism which is tantamount to desecration of Yoruba egalitarian authority. Someone somewhere have to train the new Ooni how to be one lijke the likes of Ooni Adetunji Aderemi of blessed memory and other greats before him. A point of correction the Subjecs (Yoruba People) must be humble not the Ooni who must be seen to wield unquestionable Authority by virtue of the office he occupies. Humility ko humble ni.

Yoruba people are the custodians of. Yoruba customs, culture and tradition not any Ooni.
An institution used to subjugate and claim superiority over your ancestors should not be an institution u r championing. You should instead be calling for it's abolition.
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 9:55am On Dec 20, 2017
MT:

@Konquest
Sir, you are wrong. Once you register with ICAN, you automatically become a MEMBER. You might never wish to take any of the ICAN professional exam, you will still be a MEMBER once you are paying your membership due. This applies to any professional association. For you to be CHARTERED, you must have sat and passed ALL the ICAN professional exams. I hope you get to see the difference sir. Just for your information, Ooni of ife attended The Polytechnic, Ibadan .

U make no sense. How can u be a member of "Institute of CHARTERED Accontants of Nigeria" without being a CHARTERED accountant.
Besides I just checked qualifications listed on their website. U do have to pass exams to become a member.
U r wrong.

1 Like

Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 6:16am On Dec 20, 2017
odigbosky:

bro what about Japan. do you know the japanese parliament is trying its very best to ensure the imperial line doesn't die as the princes to the throne has drastically reduced. They are even considering the fact of extending the right to ascendancy to female royal members too. Some society still need that obsolete monarchy to keep the balance.

What balance? Is America not doing better than Japan? What balance Is the oba keeping?
Yorubas have more than enough culture without any oba. It is an institution used to subjugate and claim superiority over those whose descendants are now championing it as culture instead of calling for it's abolition.
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 5:59am On Dec 20, 2017
geometricaxis:

Like I said the point of preserving royal institutions is for the preservation of culture, when you regularly act in a manner that does not preserve the culture or is not representative of the culture, we might as well scrap your office. because what he is projecting is the not yoruba culture...He is not just an ordinary Yoruba Oba. There are descendants of slavese in Haiti, Brazil, Cuba who are more in tune with yoruba culture and guarded it religiously and who are better ambassadors of yoruba culture than this Oba.

That's the point: the office needs to be scrapped. Yorubas have more than enough culture without any oba. It is an institution used to subjugate and claim superiority over those whose descendants are now championing it as culture instead of calling for it's abolition.
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 8:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
geometricaxis:

Tradition and culture is not about moving with the times. It is about preserving the traditions and history by which he became King. If we are moving with the times, then why bother having them after all they have no real powers? A Nigerian King needs permission from the chairman of his local govt before he can leave his domain. The whole point of retaining these Obas is the preservation of culture and tradition and this Ooni is an embarrassment to all yorubas.

if he wants to be King of the English ways, then we might as well scrap his obaship because there is only One Queen of England. He is a yoruba King and he should behave as such.

You retain tradition and culture that fits your purpose. Either u aim to have an egalitarian, democratic society or u don't. The English would have scrapped the monarchy long ago if it wasn't for the tourist dollars it rains in. Even despite that a sizable portion of the English want it scrapped. This guy understands the transformation necessary to avoid the total ridiculousness of an anachronistic institution that outlived it's purpose long ago.
Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
geometricaxis:

The Queen will not behave like that that is why she is still respected. This Ooni has been an embarrassment from day 1. Starting from the wife he chose, then kneeling down in church (Ooni is the custodian of Ifa religion, it's it's not your cup of tea, then dont be King), performing rituals on a commercial plane (yeah the same man who says Jesus is his lord and saviour) , visiting Obiano in his personal house and now this the list goes on and on. The man does not seem to understand the office or throne he sits on and his responsibilities. The throne is definitely bigger than him, nobody seems to take him seriously.

He perfectly understands. He moves with the times. He understands that this anachronistic nonsense has no part in a modern society

1 Like

Culture / Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
IMO it is time to GET RID OF THIS RADITIONAL "RULERSHIP" NONSENSE. It is anachronistic and have no function in a democratic, egalitarian society.
Celebrities / Re: Chidinma Ekile Shows Off Her New Hairstyle by 9jaDoc(f): 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2017
What's with these people and looking at phones. Lose the stupid phone biko
Crime / Re: Must Read:Nigerian Women Trafficked To Saudi Arabia by 9jaDoc(f): 6:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:

You are obviously new to nairaland and no nothing about sacarsm

Ok, but do u know osikapa is same thing as nkpo-nkpo?
Crime / Re: Must Read:Nigerian Women Trafficked To Saudi Arabia by 9jaDoc(f): 6:55am On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:

No i mean sauce like stew, for this white rice

Ok, but how does it relate to the topic?
Politics / Re: Why is Witchcraft, Juju and Charms illegal still? by 9jaDoc(f): 6:53am On Dec 19, 2017
Blue3k:

Humsn sacrifice is already illegal we call it murder. Yes it does crimalize the beliefs and relies on someone believing in magical powers of these thing. I'll cite laws.

How do you express beliefs eccept by words or actions. You can prove someone is drugged. How do you prove someone used juju to control your mind or body? Lastly how do you prove these charms work beyond reasonable doubt in courtroom. The easiet defense would be tge charms dont work or my client wouldnt be sitting in court today.

I see your point. It's a stupid law
Business / Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th On Africa’s Financial Markets Index by 9jaDoc(f): 6:50am On Dec 19, 2017
9ja should be first considering her giant size.
Crime / Re: Must Read:Nigerian Women Trafficked To Saudi Arabia by 9jaDoc(f): 6:42am On Dec 19, 2017
AdaFonju:
Sauce

You mean SOURCE. Sauce is what u put on osipaka.
Back to the gist. OP u r right, a social media campaign is a good idea.
Start by calling Lalasticlala
Health / Re: How To Prevent Heart Attack At Any Age by 9jaDoc(f): 6:39am On Dec 19, 2017
kokomilala:
@9jadoc,your response is so irresponsible,tactless and so uncouth ! Must you react to my post? What you wrote is an isolated case.And that in itself is contradictory. Well,if you choose to believe doctors reports ,that's your own problem.

I've forgotten exactly what it was I wrote. Sorry I hurt your feelings though. I was probably going for dramatic effect.
Politics / Re: Why is Witchcraft, Juju and Charms illegal still? by 9jaDoc(f): 6:35am On Dec 19, 2017
Blue3k:

No I don't believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter bunny or whatever weird nonsense like that. How can a grown man believe magic? Only lazy, evil or dumb people can subscribe to idea of getting something for nothing. Evil in sense you abuse animals burying them in ground or harming fellow man for riches. You have to be dumb and lazy to patratonize some hungry juju man that's living in backwater thinking he's going give u a magic solution to your problems. I never patronized those guy and never will.

Feel free to answer question.

Cc: 9jaDoc

The code criminalizes ACTS, which can include human sacrifice. It does not criminalize BELIEF. So I think it's ok.
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 2:25am On Dec 19, 2017
Blue3k:

You've given me inspiration for an original thread thank you. This topic pretty interesting in my opinion.

Sure thing. Holla when u put it up
Romance / Re: See What This Facebook User Said About Breast (photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 1:23am On Dec 19, 2017
I'm with team Iddie biddy tiny tities!!

1 Like

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 1:14am On Dec 19, 2017
Blue3k:

Do you believe in these voodoo rituals? As long as he doesn't murder anyone he can play pretend with his friends. Those rituals won't substitute getting off but working.

I believe about .00001% of what's out there is "real" (the rest is fake). "Real" in the sense that some extremely wealthy people or entities make some of their money "magically" appear in the ownership of someone who does some stupid thing they command like eating shit.
Health / Re: How To Prevent Heart Attack At Any Age by 9jaDoc(f): 1:04am On Dec 19, 2017
kokomilala:
@Proudlynwga,what you do not understand is that the heart is also made up of tissues or muscles,and as such ,it has to be exercised. Lesson you have not learnt is that you cannot converge all individuals' lifestyles into one.Secretly,some of these people might have had issues with their lifestyles. Kolo Toure had ,at some point ,used a weight loss product.Imagine that ! Bacary Sagna was legendary for sneaking cakes into the dressing room.Before Wenger got to Arsenal ,pregame meals consisted of Mars bars and beer.
As a fitness scientist and trainer for over 20 years, I can tell you there's a vast space that separates fitness from sports.There is a gulf. A sportsman can be unfit,he can get I'll ,his health may fail at any point. In fact,overtraining pushes the body to the edge, robs the immune system of its value ,then health fails.

Nonsense. Google "Brugada syndrome"

"Brugada syndrome is an unusual genetic disorder of the heart's electrical system. Although people are born with it, they usually do not know they have it until they reach their 30s or 40s. The only symptoms of Brugada syndrome can be sudden cardiac death."

"Currently, the prevalence of Brugada syndrome is estimated at 5 in 10,000 people. Frequently, sudden death can be the first manifestation of the disease."
Culture / Re: Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" by 9jaDoc(f): 12:03am On Dec 19, 2017
Agimor:
It's an Africa thing.

Only Nigeria... and to some extent Ghana (only because of Sakawa)
9ja is the only country that has a scam named after her.
Everybody knows what "Nigerian scam" is.

1 Like

Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ugandan Man Marries 3 Women At Once, 2 Of Them Are Sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtU1nMbOHxY
Politics / Re: List Of Nigerian Ills And How To Solve Them by 9jaDoc(f): 11:46pm On Dec 18, 2017
Fresh University Graduate Caught Trying To Use His Parents For Rituals (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9woWi8SwVS4
Celebrities / Re: Top 5 Female Musicians 2017 And Opulent Rate by 9jaDoc(f): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2017
Cool
Romance / Re: Would You Allow A Guy To Do This to You, Ladies? by 9jaDoc(f): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2017
No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 34 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.