Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

9jaStar's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaStar's Profile / 9jaStar's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

Foreign Affairs / Re: Ghana's Finance Ministry Urges President Not To Sign Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill by 9jaStar: 9:10pm On Mar 04
Even if the president refuses to sign it, the Ghana parliament can pass it with two-thirds majority vote. And since they passed the bill with a unanimous vote, it means they can pass it into law whether the president signs it or not
Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 6:38am On Dec 05, 2023
Hello wonderful peeps,

Pls I have a few questions

1. Is being vaccinated against Covid 19 compulsory? Yes (as of the time of typing this)

2. Can I bring along foodstuffs such as yam flour, grounded egusi, crayfish and ogbono, and gari ? Yes you can, as long as they are all ground/blended, placed in ziplocs, and labeled appropriately

3. is my i-20 and my admission letter okay at Poe? Yes

4. will $2000 be sufficient as a BAT for the poe agent. ? Yes

I just wanted to add that you don’t necessarily need to use Ziploc bags. Any regular plastic bag will do. Labeling is also not necessarily needed

1 Like

Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 6:33am On Dec 05, 2023
babylawyr:
Hi, POE story, arrived a few days ago.
Airline- Qatar
PoE - Houston
Officer- where are you headed today?
Me- told him the area.
Officer- How long are you staying?
Me - I am leaving on the ** of March
Officer - how much do you have with you.
Me: **k USD
Officer: any food items
Me: Yes, cassava flakes, I was still trying to figure out how to describe Ogbono and egusi in English.
Officer: any melon?
Me: Yes and spices ( best way I could describe ogbono)
Officer: take off your glasses... takes my picture and biometrics
Passport not stamped.

Just say garri, egusi, ogbono, kilishi, etc.
They know these things already
Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 6:31am On Dec 05, 2023
Romance / Re: Igbo Man Gets Sacked After He Commented On Colleague's Breast Status at Work by 9jaStar: 9:04am On Jan 07, 2022
Sports / Re: Osaze Odemwingie speaks about late Stephen Keshi's health during Brazil Cup by 9jaStar: 12:18am On May 19, 2020
Osaze is right. Even prior to the WC, Keshi’s feet were swollen and he almost always needed massaging
Sports / Re: Ese Odoko: My Son Ogaga Oduko Dropped From U-17 World Cup For Abba Abichi by 9jaStar: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2019
FROM FACEBOOK: TO THE GENTLEMAN WHO SAYS HIS SON WAS DROPPED FOR THE SON OF THE DSS CHIEF

Abba Bichi (son of DSS boss) is a striker; Ogaga Oduko is a left back.

Oduko was dropped for Charles Etim. As already acknowledged, Oduko was the player who lost the kick in the shootout with Guinea in the semi finals of the U17 AFCON in Tanzania, which condemned Eaglets to third place match.

The coaches dropped him after another poor game, against Sao Paulo FC in a friendly in Brazil judt prior to the tournament.

As an addendum, an assistant coach said Oduko would not have made the U17 AFCON if not for injuries to some players.

Players like Fawaz Abdullahi, Mayowa Abayomi, Shedrack Tanko and Olatomi Olaniyan who played in Tanzania were also dropped.

Infact, his playing the last penalty was because the shootout was a marathon and every player, every single outfield player was involved. He was not in the first five to play the penalties and was actually the last outfield player.

Those who watched would remember how he delayed so much in standing up from where he was seated as he appeared terrified he had to be involved. He eventually blew the ball sky-high.
Sports / Re: The Super Eagles Other Friendly Will Be Against Serbia by 9jaStar: 11:32am On Jan 17, 2018
9jaStar:
On March 27

So that’s
Poland March 24
Serbia March 27
England June 2

There will be another friendly match against Czech Republic on June 6
Travel / Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 9jaStar: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2018
BlowJobs:

Wow.. Men.. you are over qualified sef.
Like i advise anyone, Look into Australia and Canada's PR application. going through a process that makes you a Permanent Resident in Western countries is far better than hustling for Work visa of any kind.

Yes, you have a good chance of getting a job in the US. the issue is MOST recruiting IT firm (or any other firm/companies especially Health like Nursing Doctors etc) hardly recruit from Africa ( except maybe South Africa). I know if Nigerian IT engineers moving from the Uk to the US to start another job. i was informed by one of them their work experience in the UK helped and also their location. I will look into this and get back to you. Like i said, i seriously doubt HRs recruit from Naija

I agree with you.
Canada is a much better place for immigrants than the US, especially for one with such high end qualifications
Travel / Re: Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience by 9jaStar: 7:24pm On Jan 13, 2018
AK481:

Over 3000 naira!?
Over 3000 naira!?

Yellow Chilli or Otres will cost you more than that for one meal.
One grilled catfish at Farm City in Lekki is N4k
Sports / The Super Eagles Other Friendly Will Be Against Serbia by 9jaStar: 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2018
On March 27

So that’s
Poland March 24
Serbia March 27
England June 2
Travel / Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jaStar: 5:58pm On Jan 13, 2018
abujaniv:
Hello fxfx. In the situation you describe, the visa officer may have determined that your ties to the US (via the LPR wife and American citizen children) were stronger than your ties to Nigeria. Also, if you had previously not been open about your wife's status and presence in the US, that may have diminished your credibility.

Strictly out of curiosity and solely on the basis of the information supplied here, hasn’t thus applicant demonstrated (via 15 years of travel without abusing his Visa) a lack of immigrant intent despite his strong(er) ties to the US?
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by 9jaStar: 5:53am On Dec 21, 2017
Like me.

I was issued a B1/B2 while my IR1 was processing

LagosNIV:
Hello Rol3nd -

Yes, it is possible to apply for a tourist visa while you have a pending K-1 fiance visa petition, or even a IR1/CR1 spouse visa petition pending.
The officer who interviews you on the application for the tourist visa will need to make a determination as to whether or not you intend to immigrate on the tourist visa you are applying for or not. Note that a fiance or a spouse in the US are very strong ties to the US, so you will need to have equally compelling ties to Nigeria to be issued the visa. That said, I have issued tourist visas to people who have pending immigrant visa petitions, so it is not impossible.

Regards,

LagosNIV
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 2:42am On Sep 02, 2017
SAW THIS SOMEWHERE POSTED BY A RETIRED CO. WELL WORTH TAKING NOTE OF

==============

A few of my favorite universals:

If you’re a tourist or a business traveler, you probably know where you’re going, why you’re going, how you’re going to get there, what you’re going to do there, and why you need to go now. If you’re an intending immigrant, you only have a ton of supposedly supporting docs and no idea what those even say.

If you’re a serious student, you probably know where you’re going to study, where that school is located, why you need to study that subject there, on the other side of the world, and what you’re going to do with the degree when you get it.

If you give me a letter that purports to be from a US business contact with a name something like John Jones, it doesn’t matter how beautiful the letterhead is if the first sentence begins, “XYZ is kindly invited to visit USA in order to…” Behind the hard line, we refer to such letters as toilet paper.

Each country has only a dozen or so standard lies. They’re different in every country, but it doesn’t take us long to learn them all. So you might think that yours is totally original and will fool me; I already heard it three times today.

The best visa interview, for both applicant and officer, is one that goes, “Good morning.” “Good morning.” “Your visa will be ready tomorrow at three.” “Thank you.” “You’re welcome. Have a great trip.”

We are not grim, mindless clerks who hate you, and came to live in your country for the sole purpose of frustrating you and breaking your heart. We are highly educated diplomats, will work in dozens of countries over our careers, love yours, and are secretly quite fond of you, too, even if we have to refuse your application.

It won’t do you any good to threaten and curse us if we refuse you. All our language instructors, no matter the language and no matter how much we plead, steadfastly refuse to teach us bad words, so we don’t know what you’re saying.

The majority of US immigration attorneys are ragingly incompetent.

Yes, we know that you applied and were refused at our embassy in another country yesterday.

The more documents you’re carrying, the less likely that you’re legit.

That computer monitor you see inside the window, that the officer is glancing at and typing things into, is internet connected. If the purported upcoming big-deal conference that you have to go to doesn’t turn up on a five-second Google search, there’s probably a very good reason for that that does not bode well for your ambitions.

We love complicated stories; particularly those that keep hanging together however far we follow the branches and then the twigs. Nobody lies that well, so your story, however delightfully unlikely, is probably true. This is The Complicated Story Rule: no matter how unlikely seeming, if it’s diabolically complicated but it hangs together, it’s true.

I taught a generation of junior officers The Two-Part Question Rule: 1. Always ask the next question. 2. Don’t ask a question if you aren’t sure that you want to hear the answer.

And a few more.
Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 5:51am On Aug 08, 2017
Ahhh, you're one of. those who believe that yarn Trump has been spinning?
Tell me, have you kept count of the number of times Mr Trump has actually told THE TRUTH?

KaptainAfrika:
The US is not safe for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS any-more. LEGAL IMMIGRANTS are welcomed to the US. If this was the case as you claimed, this forum will have dried up and the large crowds outside the US Embassy would have dwindled. Also, a more respectable source like AP, CNN (despite their fake news), UNITED NATIONS should be quoted not 'blogs'.

Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 5:47am On Aug 08, 2017
My advice to you is always try to get to the airport early. Not only do you avoid the long queues, but you also get through Immigration and Customs faster.
If anyone tries to obtain you, just smile politely and say no. They won't delay you.
On one of my return trips back to Nigeria this year, one chap was asked for 'something'. Rather than quietly say no and continue on his way, this gentleman (I get the feeling he is one of those who has lived abroad for a little while and prepped for this on his way in) started one bug drama at the airport.
He was screaming loudly about how he has nothing to give anybody, how they have been asking him since he got off the plane and this is what the problem of this country is.
Unfortunately for him, he had about 6 bags or so. The officers insisted on inspecting every single bag, and took their bloody time about it. Customs first then NDLEA.
I found out later from one of the workers at the airport that the guy was there almost till midnight while they 'inspected' his bags. By the end, he was the one begging them to 'take something' and let him go.
And then they now charged him for attempting to bribe an officer

PHOOMI:
Pls house don't mind my too many questions, I read somewhere that the immigration officers at MMA might decide to frustrate a first time traveller even make d person miss his flight, some terrible tales. Pls is the situation still same or its better now, nd also any advice for a first time traveler on how to handle the officers. Thanks.

5 Likes

Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 5:38am On Aug 08, 2017
And no way cheap clothes are more expensive in the USA.
If he is buying designer items in season, they are just as expensive in Nigeria if not more.
If he wants to buy them out of season and less expensive, he should try Ross or Kohl's, Burlington Coat Factory or even TJ Maxx

seyewest:

$1000 will not be enough for a family of 5 except you have no plan to do anything except eat and stay in the hotel...
About your look, is your picture in the passport data page and visa page? if it's yours why are you worried?
We all know original cloths are cheaper in U.S than Nigeria but it's your decision to buy those things for him.
Please keep us posted when you get to U.S and safe journey to U.S
Travel / Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by 9jaStar: 5:35am On Aug 08, 2017
Can you at least write like a 33 year old rather than a 15 year old teenager? And I say this with all due respect
What is 'Hux' or 'cox'?

Bawo4199:
Seyewest... Good morning Hux, pls I get a visa(family of 5 me my wife and 3 sons) to attend my cousins wedding for 12 August in Atlanta. I have 10000 dollars with me and I have booked my hotel. What's burdering me is that I have a baby face am 33 years old) same age with my wife) and married early Cox God is faithful to me but I look way younger like 25 years old... Hope am good to go? Also I bought 10 good jeans 5 sneakers, 10 marker and 5 belts as a gift for him Cox whn he came I. Last December he did a lot of shopping here claiming original products are expensive over there. Hope it's OK?

2 Likes

Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:02am On Aug 06, 2017
What was in the letter you were given?

Royals1:
morning all,
I don't no wt to put to dis question in d ds160 form.
reason for last refusal. can I put because no sufficient ties.
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 4:59am On Aug 06, 2017
Can I just say one more time, and as multiple Pos on this forum have said, THE COLOUR OF THE PAPER IS IRRELEVANT!

What is important is what is written on it

showerses:
I hail you all, i went for my Interview in Lagos today which was by 8:45am and was interviewed by a young lady in window 1 i was denied below is my Transcript

Me: good morning
VO: your passport please
Me: I passed it to her
VO: where are you going to
Me: San Antonio
VO: why
Me: i hope to attend .... i mentioned the name of the conference, the organizer and people it is for, but she cuts me short
VO: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before
Me: Yes to Ghana and Dubai
VO: where do you work
Me: I told her where i work, my position and started telling her my duties then she cuts me short
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: do you have children
Me: I have a child
VO: Sorry ....You can reapply
Me: Thank you

All these communication was within 1min, and she has been dishing out blue paper to those before me that made the person behind me had to excuse herself that she wants to use the toilet and went and stand to be interviewed in another window, No white paper on her table only blue

The thing is that i really want to attend the conference as that is the only conference organized for people in my field of work which will really help me as individual and my organization at large, though the conference is in November my company will be paying for it " though i can also afford it" Please i need your suggestion if i should reapply or will it look as if i am desperate

Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 3:44am On Aug 03, 2017
In fairness, when I got my first US visa, I was earning far less.

cosade:

You appear too desperate, why re applying too soon when nothing has improved in your personal circumstance. It's not logical that you want to travel to US to buy wedding gown etc. which can be ordered online.

If your yearly drawings is about N4 million, can you honestly justify spending about 25% of it for a two week vacation? Rather than thinking of growing your business!

The VOs are not stupid.
Travel / Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2017
I stopped reading at this point

luckchild:
Hello House,
Is your boy here !!!!!!

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9jaStar: 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2017
First, you're missing my point. Which is, that the majority of our team were youngsters who needed the guidance and leadership of more experienced players on the field.

I can point to specific instances where those deficiencies showed. By comparison, you look at the South Africa team, and they had players with bags of international experience, including some of the so-called home-based players like Dean Furman, Erick Mathoho,etc who have played in Europe and then returned home.

And our coach not only made mistakes, he blundered.

Secondly, irrespective of what Baxter said, his players were outplayed for most of the first half. If we had taken the chances that fell our way before they got back in the game, it would have been a different story.

But hey, they won the game, and fair play to them they won it fair and square.

When you have been beaten black and blue by the same team for 25 years and counting, you are due one good result. They got one. It is not he end of the world. And our coach, I hope, has learnt from his mistakes

Joebie:
Doing a careful check on South Africa's 25 man list before the Nigeria game, 19 players were home based players. Comparing that squad to their current CHAN squad I couldn't find not one of those 19 players in their CHAN 25 man list.

And some of us are defending the invitation of the invitation of the likes of Akas, Ezenwa, Rabiu Ali and co.
All the South African keepers are home based. Don't give me excuses of the absence of Mikel and a few others as reason for falling to SA. Baxter was just appointed. And the SA team had a few abroad based players. And they played away. They had more reasons to fail in that match, but the reverse was the case. I see no reasons why our players could not hold their own on that day.

Here are the two lists:

25 Man list for SE

GOALKEEPERS:
1. Itumeleng KHUNE Kaizer Chief FC (SA)
2. Darren KEET Bidvest Wits FC (SA)
3. Ronwen WILLIAMS Supersport United FC (SA)

DEFENDERS:
4. Ramahlwe MPHAHLELE Kaizer Chiefs FC (SA)
5. Rivaldo COETZEE Ajax Cape Town FC (SA)
6. Thulani HLATSHWAYO Bidvest Wits FC (SA)
7. Erick MATHOHO Kaizer Chiefs FC (SA)
8. Lorenzo GORDINHO Kaizer Chiefs FC (SA)
9. Abbubaker MOBARA Orlando Pirates FC (SA)
10. Tebogo LANGERMAN Mamelodi Sundowns FC
11. Sifiso HLANTI Bidvest Wits FC (SA)

MIDFIELDERS:
12. Hlompho KEKANA Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
13. Keagan DOLLY Montpellier (France)
14. Andle JALI KV Oostende FC (SA)
15. Kamohelo MOKOTJO FC Twente FC (Netherlands)
16. Dean FURMAN Supersport United FC (SA)
17. Themba ZWANE Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
18. Bongani ZUNGU Vitoria Guimares (Portugal)
19. Aubrey NGOMA Cape Town City FC (SA)

STRIKERS:
20. Sibusiso VILAKAZI Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
21. Percy TAU Mamelodi Sundowns FC (SA)
22. Lebohang MANYAMA Cape Town City FC (SA)
23. Tokelo RANTIE Genclerbirligi FC
24. Thamsanqa GABUZA Orlando Pirates FC (SA)
25. Kermit ERASMUS LENS (France)

25 Man Current list for CHAN (Current squad just released yesterday to take on Zambia)

GOALKEEPERS:
1. Boalefa PULE Amazulu FC
2. Steven HOFFMAN Platinum Stars FC
3. Bruce BVUMA Kaizer Chiefs FC
DEFENDERS:
4. Siyabonga NHLAPO SuperSport United FC
5. Siphiwe MNGUNI Platinum Stars FC
6. Sandile MTHETHWA Orlando Pirates FC
7. Mothobi MVALA Highlands Park FC
8. Mario BOOYSEN Mamelodi Sundowns FC
9. Tercious MALEPE Orlando Pirates FC
10. Denwin FARMER Supersport United FC
11. Ayabulela KONQOBE Amazulu FC
MIDFIELDERS:
12. Cole ALEXANDER Supersport United FC
13. Michael MORTON Amazulu FC
14. Riyaad NORODIEN Orlando Pirates FC
15. Jamie WEBBER Stellenbosch FC
16. Sphelele NTSHANGASE Black Leopards FC
17. Dumisani ZUMA Kaizer Chiefs FC
18. Teboho MOKOENA Supersport United FC
19. Sipho MBULE SuperSport United FC
20. Sibusiso KUMALO Mamelodi Sundown FC
21. Masilakhe PHOHLONGO Ajax Cape Town FC
22. Tshegofatso MABASO Bloemfontein Celtic FC
STRIKERS
23. Bongani NTULI Mamelodi Sundowns FC
24. Ryan MOON Kaizer Chiefs FC
25. Gift MOTUPA Baroka FC

Sports / Re: 9 Reasons To Watch This Match by 9jaStar: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2017
It was a tight game, with chances to both sides. Pillars got a red card late in the first half. They seem to be getting that in this fixture. They also got a red card in the first leg in Kano but won 3-1.
Despite the one man shortage, they held Enyimba until the 71st minute when Mfon Udoh scored. Great game
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9jaStar: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2017
In 1996, despite the presence of more senior and experienced players in the squad, Kanu kept the armband.

Mickael2:

have you ever seen a bonafide U23 captain in the Olympics? It's always left for the overaged players. When Mikel came there, they showed him maximum respect and gave him the armband, I don't see anything wrong with him doing likewise if Enyeama comes back. However this is a minor issue, let him come back first

5 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9jaStar: 8:32am On Aug 01, 2017
Paralyzed? No.
We lacked experience and leadership.
This is a team in transition, and under those circumstances, there is a need for guidance and direction on the pitch. We were missing Ikeme (first choice GK), Leon Balogun (regular centreback), Mikel (captain and leader), Victor Moses (key attacking player).

Then the coach decided to start a rookie (Awaziem) ahead of Omeruo's experience, claiming some weird psychological holdover from the last game; and Ahmed Must, citing muslim fast.

And so we had a team that had just two players with any real extended international experience (Echeijile and Onazi). And even Onazi is still basically a newbie if you consider our past teams.

Did our team get overwhelmed and outplayed by SA? Yes. The reason is simple.

But I'm confident that with the addition of just two or 3 of those missing players, we will take out South Africa in the return leg. Mark my words

Joebie:
Thank you!! Don't you first paragraph say something. Let's assume Nigeria was not our darling team. What does your sentence translate into. Let's say it without sentiments. SA was a better team all round. Let me help us translate it.

Modified
Every player cannot just have a bad day on the same day. Read between the lines SA's tactics paralyzed us.

2 Likes

Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9jaStar: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2017
If Enyeama comes back, he won't definitely take the armband.
Mikel will keep it
You can take that to the bank!

Mickael2:

First if Enyeama comes back he will definetly take back the armband, there shouldn't be any rift there na, if your elder bro comes back from overseas, he will still take his own food before you in a communal gathering.

Presently Oshimen is dead weight, if we are losing 2-0 to Cameroon will you fancy Oshimen to salvage something? I will definetly fancy Osaze or Martins. You can't just invite all these players you mentioned for the game against Cameroon at the same time, they will all be integrated gradually, however we need proven goalscorers

1 Like

Sports / 9 Reasons To Watch This Match by 9jaStar: 12:15am On Jul 30, 2017
Nine reasons to watch Enyimba against Kano Pillars on Sunday. It is the pick of theNPFL matches this weekend

Nine reasons Enyimba vs Kano Pillars is pick of the pack

By China Acheru

The biggest game of Matchday 32 in the Nigeria Professional Football League is definitely in Calabar where Enyimba will host Kano Pillars.

There is the small Oriental Derby in Umuahia between Abia Warriors and FC Ifeanyiubah while last season’s big game holds in Enugu between Rangers and Rivers United, but Calabar is where it all happens.

Below are nine top reasons the Enyimba versus Kano Pillars game is a must-watch for fans, neutrals or just lovers of football.

1. It is a battle of continental hopefuls
Both sides believe they have a shot at playing on the continent next season and it will be battle royale in Calabar.

Enyimba currently stand in fourth place with 47 points and Kano Pillars lie in 10th place with 44 points.

A win for either side will certainly improve their chances of hitting their set target.

An Enyimba win cements them in fourth place and closes the gap on third-placed Akwa United while a Pillars win will also increase their chances of ending in top-three.

2. Homecoming for ex-Enyimba players
At the end of the last football season, there was an exodus of Enyimba players to Kano Pillars

Chinedu Udoji, Idris Aloma, Kamal Sikiru, Musa Najare and a few others crossed over from Eastern Nigeria to the groundnut city and this game will be a great home coming for them.

In local parlance, we will say, “They need to show the Enyimba faithful that they are not tired legs yet.”

3. Kano Pillars hope to do the double over Enyimba
Last season, Enyimba did the double over Pillars. Wow! Did that really happen? We all know how invincible Kano Pillars are supposed to be at home, but yes, Enyimba did the double over them.

Enyimba won 2-1 in Port Harcourt (which they used as home) and by the same scoreline in Kano.

With Kano Pillars winning the Kano leg of this season, maybe they could just do the double over Enyimba as pay back.

4. The rivalry between both sides
In the 70s and 80s, the biggest north/south rivalry was any game between Rangers International and DIC Bees, later Ranchers Bees.

In the last 10 years that big game has been any one between Enyimba and Kano Pillars. Enyimba have won seven league titles and four Federation Cups (now Aiteo Cup) while Kano Pillars have won four league titles, making both of them the most successful Nigerian clubs since the turn of the Millenium.

5. Enyimba’s good home record vs Kano Pillars poor away form
Enyimba have a near perfect home record while Pillars have been horrible on the road. Does this mean the game will be easy pickings for Enyimba? Not so fast.

Enyimba have failed to win two games this season at home - a goalless against Shooting Stars and 1-1 draw against MFM FC.

Kano Pillars, on the other hand, in spite of their poor road form have managed draws at against, while Kano Pillars have also picked draws at Rivers United, ABS FC, Shooting Stars and Remo Stars.

6. Tight head-to-head shows tight contest
The head-to-head statistics between both sides show we will have a game on our hands as there is not much between them.

Since 2003, both sides have met 25 times in the league with Enyimba winning 11 and Kano Pillars getting 10 wins as four ended in stalemates.

7. Former captains face-off
Enyimba’s goalkeeper, Theophilus Afelokhai used to be the captain of Kano Pillars three seasons ago, while Kano Pillars defender Chinedu Udoju was the captain of Enyimba just last season.

Both players will certainly have something to play for in this game.

8. Enyimba’s home invincibility under threat
The last time Enyimba lost a league match at home was 69 matches ago. Kano Pillars will be hoping to not just do a double over Enyimba as pay back for last season but to end the home side’s 69-game unbeaten run at home.

9. Battle of the midfield
It will be a game of two experienced midfield generals and as they say, once again, in local parlance, “it is the grass that will suffer.”

Enyimba have Ikechukwu Ibeneghu, the one known as Mosquito while Kano Pillars will most likely start with Rabiu Ali, also known as Pele.

Both have the ability to change the course of the game with their inspirational play and of course their set piece prowess.

It was Ibenegbu’s free kick goal that gave Enyimba three points in a difficult encounter against Lobi Stars in their last home game.

And just in case you want some more
These nine reasons to watch are not enough? Well, it is the business end of the Nigeria Professional Football League and any encounter between Enyimba and Kano Pillars at this stage will be a beauty to watch.

http://npfl.ng/index.php/news-features/club-news/2373-nine-reasons-enyimba-vs-kano-pillars-is-pick-of-the-pack
Sports / Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 9jaStar: 11:42pm On Jul 29, 2017
Almost every player had a bad day at the office against South Africa.

Akpeyi is taking out of the blame because he is a goalkeeper and just like defenders, their mistakes get highlighted more because it almost always leads directly to goals.

But he should have had the experience to not make multiple mistakes, and he made many on that day

kentebemoney:

Bros i re-watched the game over and over again.
The loss to South Africa was just another bad day in the office.

I wonder why people dey fret.

I greet you Bros!!!
Sports / Re: How Do One Become A FIFA Licensed Agent.. by 9jaStar: 11:39pm On Jul 29, 2017
Contact the NFF, get your registration done and you are good to go

smithsydny:
God bless you brother.. Its about been agent so if i have good prayers i can get deals from clubs and negotiate good deal for them.. Instead of cutting corners..thank you bros

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 10 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.