|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,160,547 members, 4,706,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 January 2019 at 11:51 PM
|Celebrities / Re: May D And His Cute Son!! by executinal(m): 12:06am On Nov 13, 2013|
The picture look like 1980.
|Nairaland / General / Re: How Did You Spend Your Today Sunday [my Pics For Today Outing] by executinal(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2013|
deejay_harry1: for my side..na ESCAPE albino we dey call them
|Politics / Re: Nigerian Man Publicly Beaten In India - Video by executinal(m): 5:07pm On Nov 07, 2013|
Why are we complaining?? Nairaland promote and encourage hatred between us here. Do you guys think that other foreigner do not visit nairaland??
Instead we join hands together and make this country great, rather we fight for APC, PDP JPG etc.
In naija we do not respect each other, tell me how do you expect other nation to respect us??
we are our own problem.
Wait and see responds that will be coming in now.
Nigeria is their own problem
|Nairaland / General / How Indians Treat Foreigners by executinal(m): 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2013|
Just saw this on you-tube and i could not believe what this Indians did to our Nigeria boy.
I saw a topic today on front page, asking if Indian bosses in Nigeria are that bad?? My answer is in this video.
I hope Nigeria government take serious action towards the Indians over this maltreatment, even if the guy in question commit any offence, i hope the right place to take him should be the police station and not heating him as if he is snake or animal.
I was even dumbfounded when i noticed that the police were even there when the incidence was happening, if this is to be Naija, i wonder what the police would have to to anybody that will touch any foreigner in our land.
Here is the video
|Politics / Re: South-East, South-South Professionals Tell Oduah To Quit by executinal(m): 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2013|
Quite for what if i may ask?? Oduah is not the first neither will she be the last. She should remain.
What happened to Facrook after all the evidence before him??
What happened to Bankole after all the evidence before him??
Tafa balogun nko??
Joe Boy be wise, they want to use this against you and Ndigbo.
OPEN YOUR EYES JOE BOY. 2015 IS CLOSE BY
|European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup - (0 - 2) On 29th October 2013 by executinal(m): 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2013|
Leave my Chelsea and i will leave you alone
|European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup - (0 - 2) On 29th October 2013 by executinal(m): 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2013|
Afam4eva: God punish both Arsena; and chelsea. Useless teams. Useless league. No wonder UEFA pays not attention to that ogbanje league where mediocre teams like chelsea keep winning matches like say tomorrow no dey. Thank God for the UCl where average teams like Basel disgrace and humilate akpu teams like chelsea.
Keep on crying boy. The more bad-luck you wish Chelsea, the more success they acquire.
Keep on dying in shame
|European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Capital One Cup - (0 - 2) On 29th October 2013 by executinal(m): 11:00pm On Oct 29, 2013|
Afam4eva: I want to congratulate Arsenal for winning this match already.
Don't you ever get tired?? check your BP first thing tomorrow morning
|Nairaland / General / Re: Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist by executinal(m): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2013|
Gradually i will get there. Just very soon.
|European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2 - 1) On 27th October 2013 by executinal(m): 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2013|
Afam4eva: I want to use this opportunity to congratulate Manchester City for a job well done. They controlled the game and made the chelsea players look like headlesss chickens. They can't be blamed by a mistake made by one of their defenders. chelsea are known to capitalize on other people's misfortune to shine in their own myopic way. God punish chelsea this year. They'll never smell any trophy this year. They'll lose to the likes of Stoke, Wigan, Aston villaa at home. Their coach will be sacked before the season ends. They'll change their jersey from blue to black and change their logo to akpu. Useless team.
See frustration. Oboy no die of high BP because of Chelsea
|Travel / Re: Ogun Begins Construction Of Light Rail In Sango-Ijoko-Akute-Alagbole by executinal(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2013|
Source = Facebook
|European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Re: Arsenal V Dortmund: UCL (1 - 2) On 22nd October 2013 by executinal(m): 9:50pm On Oct 22, 2013|
Flamini is the heart of Arsenal midfield. No Flamini no Ozil and co
|Music/Radio / Re: Which Skelewu Video Do You Prefer? (sesan Or Moe Musa) by executinal(m): 9:32am On Oct 22, 2013|
Prefer Sesan version to Moe Musa
|Business / Re: FG To Convert Federal Reserves To Chinese Currency by executinal(m): 9:20am On Oct 21, 2013|
The Dollar is gradually falling. No time good observation and nice approach too
|Celebrities / Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Band-boys Disappear During US Tour by executinal(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2013|
Musiwa should track them using his Satellite picture
|Celebrities / Re: Jim Iyke Tweets About TB Joshua Being Real or Fake by executinal(m): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2013|
|Fashion / Re: Saka & Chika Ike On The Cover Of City People's Fashion Magazine by executinal(m): 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2013|
|Education / Re: Was Your Choice Of Course Influenced By Your Parents? by executinal(m): 4:28pm On Oct 18, 2013|
|Nairaland / General / Re: 701,000 People Are Enslaved In Nigeria -Survey by executinal(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2013|
|Fashion / Re: Corporate Portraits Of White Women With Black Hairstyles.. by executinal(m): 9:35am On Oct 16, 2013|
|Politics / Re: Edo Cults Unite To Fight Kidnapping, robbery by executinal(m): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2013|
Use juju fight juju
|Politics / Re: World Bank Partners FG To Recover 185m Euro Abacha Loot by executinal(m): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2013|
Mehn some leaders are simply heartless. Can you imagine the figure and the annoying part of it is that he equally got some reserve yet to be identify from other world banks.
|Sports / Re: We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson - Ethiopia Coach Boasts by executinal(m): 2:08pm On Oct 11, 2013|
“The football pitch that is the Eagles would be playing Sunday’s match could best be described as a grazing ground for animals.
|Food / Re: 5 Weird Animals Nigerians Eat by executinal(m): 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2013|
|Sports / Re: Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Match Will Not Be Shown Live In Nigeria by executinal(m): 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2013|
What the Bleep is wrong with this TV right nonsense
|Phones / Re: Controlling Cockroaches With Your Phone by executinal(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2013|
Na Oyibo product abi? We agree
|Religion / Re: Spiritual Vitamins A To Z by executinal(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2013|
Na real spiritual vitamin
|Food / Top 10 Most Unhealthy, Cancer-causing Foods – Never Eat These Again! by executinal(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2013|
The statement “everything causes cancer” has become a popular hyperbole, and one that some people use as rhetorical fodder to excuse their own dietary and lifestyle failures, particularly as they pertain to cancer risk. But the truth of the matter is that many common food items have, indeed, been scientifically shown to increase cancer risk, and some of them substantially. Here are 10 of the most unhealthy, cancer-causing foods that you should never eat again:
1) Genetically-modified organisms (GMOs). It goes without saying that GMOs have no legitimate place in any cancer-free diet, especially now that both GMOs and the chemicals used to grow them have been shown to cause rapid tumor growth. But GMOs are everywhere, including in most food derivatives made from conventional corn, soybeans, and canola. However, you can avoid them by sticking with certified organic, certified non-GMO verified, and locally-grown foods that are produced naturally without biotechnology (http://www.naturalnews.com).
2) Processed meats. Most processed meat products, including lunch meats, bacon, sausage, and hot dogs, contain chemical preservatives that make them appear fresh and appealing, but that can also cause cancer. Both sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate have been linked to significantly increasing the risk of colon and other forms of cancer, so be sure to choose only uncured meat products made without nitrates, and preferably from grass-fed sources (http://www.organicconsumers.org/foodsafety/processedmeat050305.cfm).
3) Microwave popcorn. They might be convenient, but those bags of microwave popcorn are lined with chemicals that are linked to causing not only infertility but also liver, testicular, and pancreatic cancers. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recognizes the perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in microwave popcorn bag linings as “likely” carcinogenic, and several independent studies have linked the chemical to causing tumors. Similarly, the diacetyl chemical used in the popcorn itself is linked to causing both lung damage and cancer (http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400701/Microwave-Popcorn-Threat.html).
4) Soda pop. Like processed meats, soda pop has been shown to cause cancer as well. Loaded with sugar, food chemicals, and colorings, soda pop acidifies the body and literally feeds cancer cells. Common soda pop chemicals like caramel color and its derivative 4-methylimidazole (4-MI) have also specifically been linked to causing cancer (http://www.naturalnews.com/031383_caramel_coloring_cola.html)
5) ‘Diet’ foods, beverages. Even worse than conventional sugar-sweetened soda pop, though, is “diet” soda pop and various other diet beverages and foods. A recent scientific review issued by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) of more than 20 separate research studies found that aspartame, one of the most common artificial sweeteners, causes a range of illnesses including birth defects and cancer. Sucralose (Splenda), saccharin and various other artificial sweeteners have also been linked to causing cancer (http://www.dailymail.co.uk).
6) Refined ‘white’ flours. Refined flour is a common ingredient in processed foods, but its excess carbohydrate content is a serious cause for concern. A study published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Mile Markers, and Prevention found that regular consumption of refined carbohydrates was linked to a 220 percent increase in breast cancer among women. High-glycemic foods in general have also been shown to rapidly raise blood sugar levels in the body, which directly feeds cancer cell growth and spread (http://www.naturalnews.com/001812_cancer_prevention.html).
7) Refined sugars. The same goes for refined sugars, which tend to rapidly spike insulin levels and feed the growth of cancer cells. Fructose-rich sweeteners like high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) are particularly offensive, as cancer cells have been shown to quickly and easily metabolize them in order to proliferate. And since cookies, cakes, pies, sodas, juices, sauces, cereals, and many other popular, mostly processed, food items are loaded with HFCS and other refined sugars, this helps explain why cancer rates are on the rise these days (http://www.naturalnews.com/038071_cancer_sugar_sweets.html).
Conventional apples, grapes, and other ‘dirty’ fruits. Many people think they are eating healthy when they buy apples, grapes, or strawberries from the store. But unless these fruits are organic or verified to be pesticide-free, they could be a major cancer risk. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) found that up to 98 percent of all conventional produce, and particularly the type found on its “dirty” fruits list, is contaminated with cancer-causing pesticides (http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/list/).
9) Farmed salmon. Farmed salmon is another high-risk cancer food, according to Dr. David Carpenter, Director of the Institute for Health and the Environment at the University of Albany. According to his assessment, farmed salmon not only lacks vitamin D, but it is often contaminated with carcinogenic chemicals, PCBs (polychlorinated biphenyls), flame retardants, pesticides, and antibiotics (http://www.albany.edu/ihe/salmonstudy/pressrelease.html).
10) Hydrogenated oils. They are commonly used to preserve processed foods and keep them shelf-stable. But hydrogenated oils alter the structure and flexibility of cell membranes throughout the body, which can lead to a host of debilitating diseases such as cancer. Some manufacturers are phasing out the use of hydrogenated oils and replacing them with palm oil and other safer alternatives, but trans fats are still widely used in processed foods (http://www.naturalnews.com/010095_hydrogenated_oils_unhealthy.html).
Read more http://www.trueactivist.com/top-10-most-unhealthy-cancer-causing-foods-never-eat-these-again/
|Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by executinal(m): 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2013|
This na pure madness
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115