|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,911,482 members, 7,024,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 August 2022 at 09:03 PM
(1) (2) (of 2 pages)
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 15 (Mary Magdalene, Wife Or Prostitute?) by Thenewtruth: 11:33pm On Aug 31, 2018|
1. Why was Mary Magdalene branded as a prostitute when she wasn't?
2. Why was she recorded to be demonically possessed when she wasn't?
3. Why was her influence diminished in the Bible when she was the most influential?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 14 (Was The Bible Doctored Or Not? ) by Thenewtruth: 11:16pm On Aug 31, 2018|
1. Where's the genealogy of Joseph, the father of Christ? Who were his children?
2. Why were the siblings of Christ never recorded?
3. Why is there no record of neighbors and friends who knew him from his childhood?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 13(Was John truly The Forerunner Of Christ?) by Thenewtruth: 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2018|
1. Why will God send the forerunner and the so-called savior at the same time?
2. Why didn't Christ tried to help John or at the least visit him when he was in prison if indeed he was his forerunner?
3. Why didn't Christ go for his burial ceremony if indeed John was his forerunner?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 12(Was Jesus truly single?) by Thenewtruth: 10:13pm On Aug 31, 2018|
1. All his disciples were married so why do you think he didn't?
2. The prophets before him got married so why do you think he didn't?
3. All his disciples had families so why do think he didn't?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 11(Was Jesus truly nailed To The cross?) by Thenewtruth: 10:08pm On Aug 31, 2018|
1. If he was nailed to the cross why is there no references from the other party i.ethose who nailed him? Before the advent of christ there has never been any recorded death by crucifixcation. The common death in those era were beheading, hanging. Even after the death of Christ, there was no record of the Jews or the Roman killing any criminals by crucifixcation.
2. And if indeed he died by crucifixcation, why didn't he reference it when he was alive? After all he reference his resurrection.
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 10(Did Christ truly arose on the third day?) by Thenewtruth: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2018|
1. The man the disciple claimed to have appeared to the was nothing like Christ in terms of physique. Bearing in mind the body of Christ disappeared from grave. So where is the body?
2. The man who appeared to them as Christ never told them the significance of his death. Why die when you could say all what you have to say alive?
3. What's the different between the message Christ preached when he was alive and when he arose again? If there's no different, why die and rose again?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 9(where Is Joseph?) by Thenewtruth: 12:21pm On Aug 29, 2018|
The last account we heard about Joseph was that he ran away with his family from Herod.
1. How come we didn't read any eye-witnesses account from him? We saw Zechariah and Elizabeth's but nothing from the father of Christ.
2. How come no one bother to ask him about the immaculate conception? What did he feel about it?
3. Knowing how male-centric the era of Christ was how come Joseph was largely absent in the story of Christ?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 8(Christ tempted In The wilderness For 40 Days) by Thenewtruth: 11:29am On Aug 29, 2018|
1. What's the name of the wilderness?
2. Who was there with him? None of his disciples were there because he hasn't met them yet.
3. The gospel was about what they witness. So why input it in their account when no one witnessed it?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 7(Christ the son Of God) by Thenewtruth: 11:14am On Aug 29, 2018|
1. If Christ was the son of God then what's Elijah? What's Elisha? What's Abraham?
2. If he is the son of God because the holy spirit is partly his parent then what part of his physique resembled the holy-spirit?
3. While on earth what's special about what he did that others before him have not done?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 6(The turning of water to wine) by Thenewtruth: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2018|
1. The first miracle of Christ was turning water to wine. So why the sanctimonious attitude of people towards the drinking of alcohol?
2. Why is one of the virtue of being a good Christian is to abstain from wine?
3. If it's a non-alcoholic as people are claiming then what's miraculous about the miracle? Bearing in mind water is non-alcoholic.
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 5(for The Dummies About The Star Saw By The Wise Men) by Thenewtruth: 7:16am On Aug 28, 2018|
1. Have you all seen a star?
2. Can we know the exact location of a star on earth?
3. Does a star move?
That's the end of my questions for today. You all should look out for more tomorrow.
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 4(the Attempted Killing Of Baby Jesus) by Thenewtruth: 7:01am On Aug 28, 2018|
1. Was Herod stupid? How did Herod know a star far away in the sky can be found in Bethlehem?
2. How did he know the star the three wise men saw doesn't signified something else?
3. Why killed scores of children in Bethlehem when you are not sure where the star exact location was?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 3(the Three Wise Men) by Thenewtruth: 6:17am On Aug 28, 2018|
1. Were they truly wise? They claimed they saw a star shinning brightly. Can the star shine brighter than the sun? How come they didn't follow the sun that shines brighter than the star?
2. How come no one saw the star except them? Herod who told them to come back didn't even see the star.
3. How did they know the star signified the birth of a baby? After all they only saw a star.
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 2(The Sleeping With The Virgin Mary By The Holy Spirit) by Thenewtruth: 6:01am On Aug 28, 2018|
1. Why an immaculate conception when there are men who did what he did on earth without the holy spirit sleeping with a Virgin?
2. Why an immaculate conception when the baby she still gave birth to was still human? The baby physique wasn't special. It was like any other baby.
3. The baby was breast-feed like every other babies. If he doesn't need a man to be brought to the world then why does he need a man to grow?
|Religion / Head-scratching Question 1(The Death Of Christ On The Cross) by Thenewtruth: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2018|
We have heard severally how Christ died on the cross because God loved the world and He wanted him to take the sins of the world away which leads to 3 head-scratching questions.
1. Since the death of Christ what sin(s) has been taken away? Every single sin that was in existence in his time is still here with us and one can even argue it's worse now than then.
2. So what love is displayed? No single sin was taken away so where is the love?
3. So why would God killed him to show his love to us? People died virtually everyday for his name sake, why is Christ death different?
|Religion / Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by Thenewtruth: 10:07am On Jul 06, 2018|
But this dream is a powerful message from God to you. It's not a prayer issue. It's a message that concerns your purpose. Just give me any mail in case you are suspicious and allow me to deliver the message I've for you. It's not a must for you to believe me or not. But give me the room to offload it off my chest.
|Religion / Re: Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's by Thenewtruth: 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2018|
Hi. Please I want to talk to you about this dream offline. Kindly accept my Personal message to you.
|Religion / Burning Question 9 : How Sure Are We The Ark Of God Wasn't An Idol by Thenewtruth: 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2018|
The following are the 6 similarities between the so called Ark of God and our local deities. I'll use ifa God as an example.
I. The both have a priest acting as an intermediary.
2. For you to be a priest you will go through rituals.
3. They both point fingers to anyone else if anything don't go according to plans.
4. They both take praises if everything went according to plan
5. The both collect sacrifices.
6. Their priests are the only people who get to hear them and see them.
Burning Question : Men for centuries have been deceived by their fellow men into the worship of an Idol. How sure are we that the church system that came out from this practice is not another form of Idol worship?
|Religion / Re: Urgency Please (dream Interpretation) by Thenewtruth: 10:18am On Apr 09, 2018|
Interpretation : The visa signified a moment of glory. A tear signified opposition. Celebration despite seeing the torn part signified you are a spiritual strong person. Your sister coming to you for help signified people coming to you for solutions despite having your demons to battle. And a man praying in Arabic close to you signified you are a hard nut to break.
Meaning : linaluv, you are a very powerful person with a great purpose. And because of that you will face great opposition. If you don't face it, there's no how you will fulfill that great purpose. And because you know God, the world will continue to wonder how you are still standing.
|Religion / Re: Seeing Snake In Dreams Means What... by Thenewtruth: 9:51am On Apr 09, 2018|
Snakes can mean anything. So it depends on the role it was playing in your dreams. Therefore you will have to explain your dreams in details.
|Religion / Burning Question 8: Where's The Genealogy Of Moses? by Thenewtruth: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2018|
Before you say, Moses as the second child can't have record of his genealogy. The following who are not up to him and were not first child of their father have their genealogy recorded:
Caleb : Ist chronicles 2:42-
David : Ist chronicles 3:1-9
And I'm seeing names that I've never come across having their genealogy recorded. People like:
Jerahmeel: Ist chronicles 2:25-41
And I'm also seeing record who are far older than Moses. People like:
Ishmael : Ist chronicles 1:29-31
Seir : Ist chronicles 1:38-42
Why hide the genealogy of the man who took you out of Egypt?
Burning Question : What are they hiding?
|Religion / Burning Question 7(Joshua the son Of Moses Or the son Of Nun) by Thenewtruth: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2018|
Before Moses came to the land of Egypt, he had two wives. One of his wives' name was not recorded but we have records of the names of his father-in-laws. Let see Exodus 2:18
When they came to Reuel their father, he said, “How is it that you have come so soon today?”I thought this was a typographical error till I came across this name again in the scripture. Exodus 10:29
Now Moses said to Hobab the son of Reuel the Midianite, Moses’ father-in-law, “We are setting out for the place of which the Lord said, ‘I will give it to you.’ Come with us, and we will treat you well; for the Lord has promised good things to Israel.”
And of course the popular father-in-law that I was thought in the church. Let see Exodus 18:6
Now he had said to Moses, “I, your father-in-law Jethro, am coming to you with your wife and her two sons with her.”
Moses had two wives. We knew of Zipporah. What about the first wife. So what do we know about the first wife? We knew her brother followed Moses to Egypt. What if her son also followed Moses to Egypt. Let see Exodus 33:11
So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, did not depart from the tabernacle.
Emphasis on young. Let see Numbers 13:8
from the tribe of Ephraim, Hoshea the son of Nun;Are we truly sure there wasn't someone bearing this name? For centuries only the priests from the house of Levites have records to these documents. How sure are we they didn't attempt to doctor it the way they try to do with the father in law unsuccessfully.
Burning Question : How sure are we Hoshea the son of Nun was not different from Joshua the son of Nun?
|Religion / Burning Question 6(what's The Different Btw The Ark Of God And The Golden Calf) by Thenewtruth: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2018|
Hi all. Apologies for the break in transmission. So let's proceed to another burning question. I'll let the scripture speak by itself. Exodus 32:1-4
the people gathered together to Aaron, and said to him, “Come, make us gods that shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man who brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.” And Aaron said to them, “Break off the golden earrings which are in the ears of your wives, your sons, and your daughters, and bring them to me.” So all the people broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them to Aaron. And he received the gold from their hand, and he fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made a molded calf. Then they said, “This is your god, O Israel, that brought you out of the land of Egypt!”
The Golden calf was made of Gold. Let see what the so called Ark of God was made of Exodus 37:3-9
And he cast for it four rings of gold to be set in its four corners: two rings on one side, and two rings on the other side of it. He made poles of acacia wood, and overlaid them with gold. And he put the poles into the rings at the sides of the ark, to bear the ark. He also made the mercy seat of pure gold; two and a half cubits was its length and a cubit and a half its width. He made two cherubim of beaten gold; he made them of one piece at the two ends of the mercy seat: one cherub at one end on this side, and the other cherub at the other end on that side. He made the cherubim at the two ends of one piece with the mercy seat. The cherubim spread out their wings above, and covered the mercy seat with their wings. They faced one another; the faces of the cherubim were toward the mercy seat.
A golden Ark. Moses made an Ark of Gold and he was furious with the people of Isreal for making a golden calf. Angry to the extent he killed 3000 Israelis. Let see Exodus 32:27-28
Burning Question: Was this not wickedness of the highest order?
|Religion / Re: Burning Question 3(was Moses Truly Born In Egypt?) by Thenewtruth: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2018|
Thank you for your polite response. And thank you for seeing the angle I'm coming from. He didn't know anything about the Jewish custom. So how sure are we that all the laws he gave to the people of Isreal were from God and not from other culture knowing his father in law was a Priest? That will be my next burning question.
|Religion / Re: Burning Question 3(was Moses Truly Born In Egypt?) by Thenewtruth: 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2018|
Edu3Again:Obviously you are the amateur. The people who sought to kill him. And not everyone living in the Pharaoh's palace.
|Religion / Re: Burning Question 2 ( What Were Their Names?) by Thenewtruth: 5:17pm On Apr 04, 2018|
But they mentioned her. Your point would have been valid if they hadn't mentioned her.
|Religion / Re: Burning Question 2 ( What Were Their Names?) by Thenewtruth: 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2018|
If they hadn't mentioned her name, your point would have been valid.
I am a God who believes you can only attain the height of spirituality when you start hearing from God and not from men.
|Religion / Re: Burning Question(scholars, Do Come In) by Thenewtruth: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2018|
Your point would have been valid if He wasn't angry with them at the same time.
|Religion / Re: Burning Question(scholars, Do Come In) by Thenewtruth: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2018|
If He's above reproach then He can't be partial. So someone is lying against God.
|Religion / Re: Burning Question(scholars, Do Come In) by Thenewtruth: 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2018|
But God was furious with both of them. But if I go by your reason,the first female prophetess of Judaism should have also been spared.
|Religion / Burning Question 5(was This Not Daylight Robbery?) by Thenewtruth: 4:47pm On Apr 04, 2018|
Hi everyone. Another day another burning question.
Background : The children of Israel can all trace their roots to the 12 sons of Jacob. So they are all group into 12 houses. The exception was Joseph, the man who brought them down to Egypt in the first place. Joseph's is divided into 2 houses making 13 houses. So when they go for war, the spoils were supposed to be divided into 13 but Moses lay down a law that one of the houses should be dedicated to keeping of God's house. Guess the house? The house Aaron and Moses came from....The Levites. They don't do hard labor but they eat the fattest share. The suppose share meant for God is theirs. Anyway that's not where I am going. In Exodus 13:11-12
And it shall be, when the Lord brings you into the land of the Canaanites, as He swore to you and your fathers, and gives it to you, that you shall set apart to the Lord all that open the womb, that is, every firstborn that comes from an animal which you have; the males shall be the Lord's.
The above was the general law but someone is definitely above the law. Let's see Numbers 3:44-48
Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: “Take the Levites instead of all the firstborn among the children of Israel, and the livestock of the Levites instead of their livestock. The Levites shall be Mine: I am the Lord. And for the redemption of the two hundred and seventy-three of the firstborn of the children of Israel, who are more than the number of the Levites, you shall take five shekels for each one individually; you shall take them in the currency of the shekel of the sanctuary, the shekel of twenty gerahs. And you shall give the money, with which the excess number of them is redeemed, to Aaron and his sons.”Let me highlight 3 things from the above :
1.He excluded his supposed family from the law of first born giving by God using God's name.
2. After excluding them, he tasked the other houses for the Levites being excluded.
3. The money raised was given to Aaron and his sons. Knowing what we know, how sure are we Aaron was not a front for Moses knowing it will be too obvious if he tells them to bring the money to him. And the reason he excluded the Levites was to keep the mouth of Aaron's shut.
Burning Question: Is this not the greatest ponzi scheme ever run?
|Religion / Re: Burning Question 3(was Moses Truly Born In Egypt?) by Thenewtruth: 5:58am On Apr 04, 2018|
Please read my post very well. We were told by Moses himself, that he was adopted as a Son by Pharaoh's daughter. Remember all these was written by Moses and not his mother. My Question was, how come when Moses went to see Pharaoh for the first time, no one recognized him as a child adopted by Pharaoh's daughter and who grew up in the palace?
And Moses was with his mother for 3 months so your defense didn't hold any water.
(1) (2) (of 2 pages)
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 245