Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) (3822 Views)

10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart / As A Devoted Christian Should She Study Islamic Studies In The University? / 4 Sexual Sins Every Christian Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Really thought you'd got off the thread after all that abuse, bro. That was a really terrible attitude you displayed.

too bad for you.

[b]you [/b]can vamoose if something is worrying your useless brain.

nobody is forcing you to be on this thread, to the best of my knowledge.

you wont be missed since nobody noticed you to begin with.

now, get out of the way so human beings can continue posting.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 5:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
No.
Let me explain:
1. To Christians like to suffer ... for this reason prefer to be poor.
2. Not all the world's poor are Christians (pastors are not poor, quite the contrary, pastors are rich people with money of others).
3. The Christian doctrine is the doctrine of suffering, of poverty, of conformity.
I hope now if my answer has been understood.

in what way is the christian doctrine any of the above ?

care to explain ?
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Ptolomeus(m): 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:

1. and who is anyone to question God if he, in his infinite wisdom, decides to bless someone?

2. if the funds were lawfully acquired, then shut the heck up.

Ammmmmmmmm

A doubt:
1. God is blessing enriches a pastor when collecting the tithe and buy airplanes?
Then, that same God is punishing those who tithe and live in poverty.
2. Enriched to the degree of buy aircraft and live in opulence, the faithful entanto lack of food is legal ... but (this is my question) is morally ethical?

Excuse me, is just one doubt.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 5:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Ammmmmmmmm

A doubt:
1. God is blessing enriches a pastor when collecting the tithe and buy airplanes?
Then, that same God is punishing those who tithe and live in poverty.
2. Enriched to the degree of buy aircraft and live in opulence, the faithful entanto lack of food is legal ... but (this is my question) is morally ethical?

Excuse me, is just one doubt.

their money, their choice what to spend it on.

how much tithe is required to buy an airplane- kindly do the maths and post it here.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Ptolomeus(m): 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:

in what way is the christian doctrine any of the above ?

care to explain ?
James 5:11 "Behold, we count them blessed who suffer, have heard of the patience of Job and have seen the end of the Lord, the Lord is very compassionate and merciful."

Matthew 16:24 "Then Jesus told his disciples, If any man will come after me must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me."
"We share His sufferings in order to share in His glory." The apostle Paul expresses the same idea in 2 Corinthians 4:17-18.

Suffering is necessary in the Christian life (John 15:20, 16:33).

Suffering prepares the way for the glory of the Christian. This proves that we are the sons of God (Matt. 5:11-12, John. 15:18-20).

Is necessary to fill the thread with passages like these?
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
and what's your definition of suffering?

deny yourself means what exactly?

and are you unaware Jesus disciples were all skilled workers?

even the fact that many of them could read and write, should tell you something.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Ptolomeus(m): 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:

their money, their choice what to spend it on.

how much tithe is required to buy an airplane- kindly do the maths and post it here.
Lol!
I confess that your answer made ​​me laugh a lot!
It is the best answer that could be expected
Let's laugh at the poor Christians!
Congratulate who profits from the poverty of others and with religion.
Look I do not share his view.
Fortunately, I think differently.
But ... are you so happy
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Ptolomeus(m): 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:
what's your definition of suffering?
Off-topic.
If you do not know what "suffering" is, you had not intervened.

However, the definition of the word "suffering" can you find in a dictionary (dictionaries do not bite), or learn it in school.
My respects
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by truthislight: 6:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
@op
time to really fold hands and observe this drama that is just starting.
Cus a lot of people will soon join on this thread.
We have shown what the bible stands is, Tpia is about defending his stands, i hope he does not run back to our own position that he initially rejected and was cursing.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by MrAnony1(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
truthislight: @op
time to really fold hands and observe this drama that is just starting.
Cus a lot of people will soon join on this thread.
We have shown what the bible stands is, Tpia is about defending his stands, i hope he does not run back to our own position that he initially rejected and was cursing.
Na wa o! please can somebody tell me where Ptolomeus and tpia suddenly appeared from? This is Interesting.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Off-topic.
If you do not know what "suffering" is, you had not intervened.

However, the definition of the word "suffering" can you find in a dictionary (dictionaries do not bite), or learn it in school.
My respects

i asked what was your definition of suffering.

not what's the dictionary definition.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 6:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Lol!
I confess that your answer made ​​me laugh a lot!
It is the best answer that could be expected
Let's laugh at the poor Christians!
Congratulate who profits from the poverty of others and with religion.
Look I do not share his view.
Fortunately, I think differently.
But ... are you so happy

once again, are all poor people in the world, christians.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:

i hope you can read?

did i address this monkey before he or she addressed me?

kindly learn how to put mouth, if you must, and dont just type ignorantly.

you can see another b.astard called musqueeto right above me.

did you see me address him before the gaay waanker jumped up again?
May this not be used against you on the day of judgement..
Lmao..
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Ptolomeus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
tpia@:

1. i asked what was your definition of suffering. not what's the dictionary definition.

2. once again, are all poor people in the world, christians.
1. My concept of suffering is the same dictionary.
You do not know what is suffering?. Then you are not Christian!
2. You do not read the posts, because you do not know, or do not interest you? Reread the posts.

Do not go out of focus you ... and do not ask you the same thing a hundred times.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Ptolomeus(m): 6:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
musKeeto:
Lmao..
I agree with you.
I believe that tpia @ is very rude. Possibly he has not completed their studies have been expelled from school.
I do not believe that all Christians have so rude ... no, I do not think that's not the fault of the Christian schools.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by truthislight: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Na wa o! please can somebody tell me where Ptolomeus and tpia suddenly appeared from? This is Interesting.
from the BLUES.
Infact, tpia droved the op away

Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
truthislight:
from the BLUES.
Infact, tpia droved the op away

Abi o. Ejọọ, my hand and leg no de o. Me I no know wetin de vex d guy. Na so him de run today de find all my posts for nairaland make him hala for me. I no know who him be sef. Since wey him and Ptolomeus de do hide-and-seek na so I de laugh! grin
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Ptolomeus(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Abi o. Ejọọ, my hand and leg no de o. Me I no know wetin de vex d guy. Na so him de run today de find all my posts for nairaland make him hala for me. I no know who him be sef. Since wey him and Ptolomeus de do hide-and-seek na so I de laugh! grin

I will not hide.
Here I am ...
Under the command ...
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 3:03am On Aug 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Lmao..

So you're not worried about your godforsaken ways, you b.astard, but you want to mention judgement with your godforsaken mouth?

Na my matter go kill you, oro mi lo ma pa e.

Just wait and see.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 3:03am On Aug 01, 2012
Ptolomeus:
1. My concept of suffering is the same dictionary.
You do not know what is suffering?. Then you are not Christian!
2. You do not read the posts, because you do not know, or do not interest you? Reread the posts.

Do not go out of focus you ... and do not ask you the same thing a hundred times.

Get back to me when you're coherent.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:

So you're not worried about your godforsaken ways, you b.astard, but you want to mention judgement with your godforsaken mouth?

Na my matter go kill you, oro mi lo ma pa e.

Just wait and see.

You know, I'm not responsible for this. Ask God/Jesus to heal you(or maybe too much hate and bigotry blocking your blessings grin cool)

tpia@:

so who are these hypocritical nigerians acting like they have no poor relatives in their own families?

i could have used your hypocritical assistance when i couldnt afford to eat meat back then!!!!!

i passed through ife eating concoction most of the time!!! Even before nko?

tpia@:
anyway, being frigid means the topic does not apply to me.

but its still by the mercy of God.
Lmao... you need deliverance...
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
Andromida, I just realized a possible problem you might be having with the position that for the Christian, financial wealth is not a should/should not issue.

You quoted earlier in the thread passages from Deutoronomy among other places. I think I get it. If you please, I could handle it a bit.

I believe that where God has the supremacy and Jesus Christ is in ascendancy, the evidence is most certainly Life and in overflow. Life encompasses a lot of things including financial wealth. This means that the relationship between financial wealth and Jesus Christ is this: there is true financial wealth where Jesus rules a life. And please note the word, "true". It is a very important word. The counterpart is "false". The difference between one and the other is that one is no mirage - appearing to be there but having no real substance, a mere figment of the imagination - while the other is just that.

There are no fakes without originals, that's why you'll never find a fake 300 naira note anywhere. So, what is false financial wealth? It is that which pretends to be true financial wealth but which falls short of the full value of that to which it pretends. Such wealth is ruled by the selfishness that is so characteristic of man without God. All you can see in this type of wealth is a grabbing, a hunger, an unfillable hole. Those who have it (including Christians) are characterized by its selfishness. It is the wealth that is sought as of right.

But what is true financial wealth? Perhaps where it resembles the false is in actual figures, beyond that, there are no similarities between the two. True financial wealth is governed by sacrifice, that noble characteristic of Love. It is obtained by, no, not just honest work, but moral work. There is work which breaks no federal or state laws but which does not in any way have anything to do with the Nature and Moral Character of Jesus Christ. An example could be, for instance, the manufacture of harmful substances such as cigarettes. Now, I am not starting a debate on whether or not tobacco is a evil thing or not, I am just saying that if one were to start dealing in the production of cigarettes knowing its impact on human health and the ease with which an addiction to it is established and realizing that profits are tied into encouraging said addiction, even were the laws of the geopolitical entity allowed it, it would be utterly wrong to engage in such work. But this work makes money and producing a cigarette is not the same as making anyone smoke it, ultimately it's the smoker's responsibility to smoke or not. This work is still not Christ. Any wealth from it is false and cursed from the Lord. Another example would be to build a company which will produce some tangible product or intangible service whose sole interest is to make money. Such a company will cut corners and bend rules and reduce input as much as possible in order to get much more back than it puts in. Such a company would sooner sacrifice quality of output than loss of profits should it face the choice. Building such a company is not Christ.

But what kind of work is Christ? It is that kind of work that allows His Love to come through and touch and bless lives whether or not there is gain in it. Of course, there must be reward in it, but such reward is only considered a consequence, rather than a goal at which the worker drives. A Christian who is really into Christ will find that his mind is constantly being renewed so that he finds ways to make life better with his work and, in doing so, increase his ability and expertise and worth. Because he cares nothing for money, he can cost his services and products correctly so that they reach those for whom he produces them and enable him to produce more. If he were totally into making money because it is his right to be rich, he would destroy the very souls he ought to feed with his destructive pricing.

The Christian's lot is Christ, whatever that might mean. If it means that he let go of a lucrative business instead of engaging in a wrangle that will slander the Name of Christ, he must be willing to lay down his right to be rich and "lose" that battle. If it means that he take the risk of building a business that produces a solution to a problem of everyday life and help to improve life by doing so, he should lay down his right to a comfortable, secure job and do so and brace himself for the consequences of possibly becoming staggeringly rich.

I think that all of that means that "all things are (ours)" if we are Christ's but just like Jesus laid down His Rights to Godhood to share our humanity, we must also lay down our rights to these "all things" and live free of them. The Christian should rule, determine and define his circumstances by the Spirit he carries rather than be defined by them. Therefore, I say, it is nonsense to say, "there, that's a poor Christian" or "there, that's a rich Christian". A Christian is simply a Christian.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 01, 2012
could you kindly expantiate on the possible problem you believe i am having on this issue because i didnt get that.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
andromida: could you kindly expantiate on the possible problem you believe i am having on this issue because i didnt get that.

Abeg o, it's not that I "believe" anything o. It just seemed to me that your comments leaned toward the fact that the christian should be rich and that the pursuit of gaining wealth is perfectly legitimate for him. And my thinking is that that position, if indeed it is yours, is a troublesome one in the light of the Scriptures.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
musKeeto:

You know, I'm not responsible for this. Ask God/Jesus to heal you(or maybe too much hate and bigotry blocking your blessings grin cool)

Lmao... you need deliverance...

yes, you b.astard, do you have a problem with anything i typed there?
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:

yes, you b.astard, do you have a problem with anything i typed there?

Lol, the sick calling the donor sick.. lmao..
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by tpia5: 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2012
make sure you quote the posts, b.astard.

quote this one as well.
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by MrAnony1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
tpia@:
make sure you quote the posts, b.astard.

quote this one as well.

Too bad, with the intervention of tpia, this thread has now gone south........... angrysadcry
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Too bad, with the intervention of tpia, this thread has now gone south........... angrysadcry
yeah, like her chances of finding a man who would put up with all her 5hit..
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by MrAnony1(m): 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2012
musKeeto:
yeah, like her chances of finding a man who would put up with all her 5hit..
.....and muskeeto too angry Why una carry una war come join for this thread na?
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Mr_Anony:
.....and muskeeto too angry Why una carry una war come join for this thread na?
Please, stop trying to be balanced. There is no need to.
Tpia has been doing her best to coax a reply from me, and I duly obliged..
I try my best not to play with pigs.. We both get dirty, the pig is happy..
Re: Finance And The Christian [should The Christian Be Rich Or Poor?] (family Only) by MrAnony1(m): 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2012
musKeeto:
Please, stop trying to be balanced. There is no need to.
Tpia has been doing her best to coax a reply from me, and I duly obliged..
I try my best not to play with pigs.. We both get dirty, the pig is happy..
lol, you are asking me to be biased??.....Well, you shouldn't have given in to her in the first place. lol......anyway you know what, why don't both of you open a new thread and fight it out to the death (actually come to think of it it wouldn't be such a bad idea to have battle threads on NL) grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adam And Eve: A Tragic Love Story / Why Do Nigerians Like To Worship Men Of God? / What Makes Chewing Gum During Service In Church Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.