Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (36487 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by emsquare(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
Da infamous: it doesn't matter if it is mosque or church the bottom line is that the mosque is blocking the road is part of beautification of head-bridge

On point!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by rhymz(m): 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

How exactly do they want more?

You're taking away their sanctuary, their place of worship and you call it "wanting more"?

Is this the lame excuse you're using to justify this demolition? I'm not even concerned about that, what's more appaling is the display of religion intolerance and ignorance on this thread. i.e "muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed'
just as your darling Fashola took away their sanctuary in Lagos. . Abeg shut your ignorant mouth and go play in the Romance section. Your ignorance is stupifying, this is not mascara and lipstick, 4ck off to your forte.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

And then you guys get mad when Eko-Ile starts saying the same thing about Igbos in Lagos.

I see.

Please, DON'T MIX RELIGION and ETHNICITY TOGETHER.

Igbos in Lagos are doing business, paying their dues including taxes, rent, everything (nothing is free for them in Lagos), in fact, the current administration has demolished several properties belonging to the igbo group than it has destroyed compared to other groups. Yet, with persistence, we endured and here you are preaching for us. Please, leave all of that.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ril19(m): 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
Super1759: Is the government mad to demolish their mosque?
if a church or mosque stands on the path of a federal dual carriage way, what do u think will happen? It will be brought down ofcourse for d road to go accross. In Abuja's own case, churches were brought down, including mosques. This is government function we're talking about mahn
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

Please, DON'T MIX RELIGION and ETHNICITY TOGETHER.

Igbos in Lagos are doing business, paying their dues including taxes, rent, everything (nothing is free for them in Lagos), in fact, the current administration has demolished several properties belonging to the igbo group than it has destroyed compared to other groups. Yet, with persistence, we endured and here you are preaching for us. Please, leave all of that.

And the Igbo muslims and Non-Igbo muslims in the SE are doing the opposite? What has the msulim population in the se done that Igbo indigines have not done (apart from worshiping Allah)?

This below sounds normal? shocked Sounds like a bunch of Christian boko harams, IMO.

Religious intolerance and ignorance:

Ejiné: I think muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed' undecided
This one got 11 likes.

ceejay80s: Make dem demolish am jor, wetin osama people dey find for my land?

sammirano: There is no Igo muslim if there is any it will be an Igbo bastard from maybe hausa or yoruba

illiest:

Dont mind the lie lie people. Igbo man go RATHER DO JUJU than become a muslim

De-Grace01:
Gov. Obi pls go ahead and pull-down the mosque if u r determine to cleanse and beautify bridgehead ok. Those silly extremist cannot do anything, for God's sake d r making mouth forgetin that we r talkin abt amambra state not sokoto or maidugri. Rubbish.

manny4life:

My friend SHUT THE HELL UP mechie onu gi. If you have nothing to contribute, leave the thread.

As for the Igbo's who're muslims - carry go, me think SE would not accomodate you, you better pack your sh/it and move down north angry angry angry

I wonder what would happen if one of their popular Igbos on NL reveals that she's Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

And the Igbo muslims and Non-Igbo muslims in the SE are doing the opposite? What has the msulim population in the se done that Igbo indigines have not done (apart from worshiping Allah)?

Have you been smoking today? Twice, I have asked you same question.

No we're not doing the opposite, in fact, we're applying the rule of law - the govt has the authority within it's confines of power to destroy every illegal building causing obstruction to govt related exercise (construction).

No one has removed nor revoked their rights to gather, all the govt is saying, YOU CANNOT GATHER HERE, because it's causing an obstruction to govt exercise, which is cleaning up of the bridge. How hard is that to understand?
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by deols(f): 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
the government should provide them another land on which to build a new mosque..With that,I think they will stop the protests
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by gurujoe(m): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
there is notin like igbo muslims. So, 4 dose of u sayin 'there is' u mst by high wit d ogogoro in yr ablutn kettle. Nonesense! My advice 2 d threatenin muslims d earlier u leav my CHRISTIAN REPUBLIC (SE n SS) d beta 4 u.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by tony1918(m): 7:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
@Phreakabt I dont know why u are so sentimental and skeptical about this matter was Mosque not demolished in lagos was the authority been questioned NO just because tangible evidence was given. A mosque not mark for demolition why d sudden change of authority
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dawdy(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

Unlike you qur'an (terrorist training manual), when Jesus made that statement, it was a metaphorical statement. Kinda like the parables, after all, the same Bible said, the words of God is edger and sharper than a two-edged sword. In other words, the sword Jesus meant was NOT violence, rather disagreement. He was talking about those who deny him, he will deny them before his own father, Christ was passing on a message.
This is what my Quran tells me
[060:008] Allah does not forbid
you to be just and righteous
towards those who did not go into
battle against you (over matters of
faith), and did not expel you from
your homes. Deal with them justly. Allah loves those who are just.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by sarutobie(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
Why is it hard to believe that there are igbos who are muslims..but easier to believe that there hausas/fulanis who are christains?..

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

Have you been smoking today? Twice, I have asked you same question.

No we're not doing the opposite, in fact, we're applying the rule of law - the govt has the authority within it's confines of power to destroy every illegal building causing obstruction to govt related exercise (construction).

No one has removed nor revoked their rights to gather, all the govt is saying, YOU CANNOT GATHER HERE, because it's causing an obstruction to govt exercise, which is cleaning up of the bridge. How hard is that to understand?

I assume that you've been smoking because you keep thinking I've done the same.

Ileke-IdI:

How exactly do they want more?

You're taking away their sanctuary, their place of worship and you call it "wanting more"?

Is this the lame excuse you're using to justify this demolition? I'm not even concerned about that, what's more appaling is the display of religion intolerance and ignorance on this thread. i.e "muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed'

As if the ignorant on this thread understand the "rules of law" before displaying their religious intolerance.

phreakabit:

If we can wipe out 0.1% so that peace will reign, I call it fair game.

As if 1% of Muslims contribute to the violence in the SE in the SE region.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
deols: the government should provide them another land on which to build a new mosque..With that,I think they will stop the protests

If the Govt has the same mindset as the people on this thread, that is likely to happen.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dawdy:
This is what my Quran tells me
[060:008] Allah does not forbid
you to be just and righteous
towards those who did not go into
battle against you (over matters of
faith), and did not expel you from
your homes. Deal with them justly. Allah loves those who are just.

Thank you... Tell that to the architects of 9/11 and all the atrocities since the inception of time
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

If the Govt has the same mindset as the people on this thread, that is likely to happen.

The govt is NOT at will to provide them any land, in fact, give them an ultimatum to relocate, after which if they don't the bulldozers will solve the problem within an hr.

Ileke-IdI:

I assume that you've been smoking because you keep thinking I've done the same.

As if the ignorant on this thread understand the "rules of law" before displaying their religious intolerance.

As if 1% of Muslims contribute to the violence in the SE in the SE region.

I had to question your ability to discern because it was hard trying to get it across to you...

The rule of law is the same "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW", ain't it?

1% can cause bombs to fly off, can't they?

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Ayoobscom(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
The gov't should better derail from imbecilic sanitation or whatever they cook up..i don't see a genuine reason but a biased connotations
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dainfamous: 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
rhymz: Seriously, I feel personally offended that you will resort to insult a fellow Igbo brother in the mould of Onlytruth just to make a point that makes you look detribalize in the eyes of the people you are trying so hard to please. Which perception are you talking about? Between Igbos and Hausas who have shown more restraint in the light of the shenanigans going on in the north, are you a man at all let alone an Igbo person. Is the mosque the only structure that was demolished in that area? Why do you always try so hard to show the need that you are more upright and than every Igbo person on NL. I have noticed you are in the habit of arguing even against fellow Igbos who have done nothing but defend their rights and heritage without having to explain their existence to anyone like you are quick to do. You always feel the strong need to be fair to others even to the dentriment of your fellow Igbo coleagues. If you have any personal grudges against onlytruth, abeg no use am dey paint your comments in a way that you treat igbo interest on issues as inferior to others. In this case Peter Obi has done nothing wrong, his reasons are very valid, if their brothers in the North will use that as an excuse to commit act of voilence against Igbo people, it shows they do not deserve any of their mosque or religious element in any part of the east in the first place. If it was done in Lagos and heaven did not fall, no be our own go com different unless there is more to it for them than meet the eyes.
his not igbo
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ayoobscom: The gov't should better derail from imbecilic sanitation or whatever they cook up..i don't see a genuine reason but a biased connotations

My friend, go take a nap somewhere... when the govt needs your unsolicited opinion, they know where to come looking. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by omayyi: 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ejiné: I think muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed' undecided
this guy can do worse than boko haram only that he gats no guts and he loves life too much. Ejine, u have no justification whatsoever to condemn boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

The govt is NOT at will to provide them any land, in fact, give them an ultimatum to relocate, after which if they don't the bulldozers will solve the problem within an hr.

I had to question your ability to discern because it was hard trying to get it across to you...

The rule of law is the same "NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW", ain't it?

1% can cause bombs to fly off, can't they?

And so can the 99%. More than once, bombs have been planted in Enugu with no link to boko haram. I wonder who we should blame.

Once again, I'm more concerned with the religious intolerance on this thread than the demolition. if the demolition is justified by the law and not by the fear of boko haram, then go ahead. But then I doubt it.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Anambra state=97% christians, imo=98%christians,abia=98%christians,enugu=96%christians,ebonyi=99%christians. Note that a very large population of igbos are traditional worshippers, many again are artheists,zionists,budhists etc, please where is the space for islam here? THERE ARE NO IGBO MUSLIMS!

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Smooth278(m): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
UncleJJ: Fashola is a yoruba muslim, in a state where the majority of.muslims are yorubas. Beside's the yoruba muslims r nt regarded as "muslims" so to say.

Peter Obi is an Ibo xtain in state where majority of muslims r nt Ibo's.

Please, let us learn to understand and forsee potential social dangers.

Wether we like it or not this is a sensitive issue, and the governor need to atleast provide a new site for the mosque before demolition.

This will give the BH, a reason to attack southerners in the north, please let us protect each other not foolishly provoke repraisal attacks .

like seriously Since when did boko haram need reason to do anything!!! please!!!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Smhart1(f): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Some idiots are just too foolish to understand the topic.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by chino11(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
Its a welcome development they should be relocated toward the outskirt. The picture shows the appreciable work done so far on the Head Bridge axis.

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Lack of religious tolerance.

Let's say Nigeria splits tomorrow, how peaceful would the ex-SE part of Nigeria be? I really feel sorry for una.

One language , One Ideology , One Culture and One religion = ONE NATION . This is how the nation that would rise from IGBO LAND would be . Forget about the whole "multiculturalism" lies that's being fed down to naive Americans , The 56 men who signed the declaration of independence in 1776 all had ONE ideology , language , culture , goal that brought them together and the lineage of this 56 men are still the folks "running things" behind the scene. You should look up what the Somali and Pakistani Muslims immigrants are doing to the Swedish and British people who tried to "happily tolerate" them ohhhh.....you don't even have to look that far take a look at the Middle belt , Jos to be precise and then tell me what you think about religious tolerance. There has to be a religion first BEFORE tolerance comes and ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION , ITS AN IDEOLOGY, AN IDEOLOGY OF HATE , DESTRUCTION AND EXPANSION

[b]Speaking of religious tolerance, What religion should we tolerate here ? The kind of "religion" that encourages :
[/b]1.Killing of innocent civilians because of some cheap newspaper cartoon that was printed THOUSANDS of miles away in Denmark ?
2.Killing of innocent civilians because of a beauty pageant ?
3.Maiming innocent civilians all in the name of sharia ?
4.Marriage and intercourse between Adult men and adolescent teenage girls (sometimes girls under the age of 10 shocked , According to them that's how you get the girl "fresh" ...whatever that means)
5.FORCING your ideology / POV on others and if they refuse to agree with you THEN you become their ENEMY.
6.Killing of r.ape victims because according to their "religious doctrine" the woman that gets r.aped brought it upon herself because she "seduced and forced" the Poor , innocent and honest muslim man to commit the crime .

The so called "religion of peace" can only be compared to a cancer or brain tumor . It comes slowly , like a mild pain and next thing its consumed more than half of the entity it infected . A cancer cannot be tolerated , it must be treated and taken out with IMMEDIATE effect and the same goes for this "religion of peace"

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

And so can the 99%. More than once, bombs have been planted in Enugu with no link to boko haram. I wonder who we should blame.

Once again, I'm more concerned with the religious intolerance on this thread than the demolition. if the demolition is justified by the law and not by the fear of boko haram, then go ahead. But then I doubt it.

Unfortunately, that's not how it seem to always work out...Global examples of terrorism can testify to these facts. Even Nigeria being used as a case study, less than 0.01% of the population is Boko Haram, YET, this group are responsible for all the terror attacks on Nigerian soil. They have dis-stabilized our great nation nation, so as you can see, you don't need a multitude to commit serious grave damage, that's why we the 99.9999% dread but not afraid of the 0.00001% of this callous groups.

Religious intolerance has been present since the inception of time, even before Christ, so what's the big deal on here? One might not tolerate another for his beliefs, just like some can't tolerate other people's sexuality, however, since there a common knowledge of understanding between conflicting groups, that's what matters. I don't need to respect nor value your religion, however, I still have self restrain to your religion.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You see, it's your type that twist the Bible upside down, you pick one side of the bible and read, while you blind your eyes to the other.
“The Lord has
given you the city of the
all silver, and gold, and
vessels of brass and iron,
are consecrated unto the
Lord: They shall come into
the treasury of the Lord.
The people utterly
destroyed all that was in
the city, both man and
woman, young and old,
and ox and sheep, and
ass, with the edge of the
sword. (Joshua 6:21-23)
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

You see, it's your type that twist the Bible upside down, you pick one side of the bible and read, while you blind your eyes to the other.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by bonysmile: 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
UncleJJ: Fashola is a yoruba muslim, in a state where the majority of.muslims are yorubas. Beside's the yoruba muslims r nt regarded as "muslims" so to say.

Peter Obi is an Ibo xtain in state where majority of muslims r nt Ibo's.

Please, let us learn to understand and forsee potential social dangers.

Wether we like it or not this is a sensitive issue, and the governor need to atleast provide a new site for the mosque before demolition.

This will give the BH, a reason to attack southerners in the north, please let us protect each other not foolishly provoke repraisal attacks .
If dis is all u've got 2 say, den u ought 2 be ashamed of urself.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

“The Lord has
given you the city of the
all silver, and gold, and
vessels of brass and iron,
are consecrated unto the
Lord: They shall come into
the treasury of the Lord.
The people utterly
destroyed all that was in
the city, both man and
woman, young and old,
and ox and sheep, and
ass, with the edge of the
sword. (Joshua 6:21-23)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Economy- PDP Dropped Facts And Figures Bombshells For APC To Respond - Pics / Senator Isiaka Adeleke Buried Amid Tears (Photos) / Photos Of Boko Haram Members Who Surrendered To The Nigerian Army Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.