Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (36484 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phemmy1987: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
The governor shld b careful abt his decision inoda to avoid him of unnecessary violence in d state. Islam is a religion of peace nt else bt peace.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
akthedream: “The Lord has
given you the city of the
all silver, and gold, and
vessels of brass and iron,
are consecrated unto the
Lord: They shall come into
the treasury of the Lord.
The people utterly
destroyed all that was in
the city, both man and
woman, young and old,
and ox and sheep, and
ass, with the edge of the
sword. (Joshua 6:21-23)

Your point?

The Bible said our God is a "LOVING GOD", yet he's a Consuming fire. He fights his own battles and doesn't sleep waiting on humans to fight his own battle for him.

As for that chapter, YES, God did not encourage violence but delivered Jericho into their hands because it was somewhat like a war. You need to read the accounts of the "Wall of Jericho" again.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

Unfortunately, that's not how it seem to always work out...Global examples of terrorism can testify to these facts. Even Nigeria being used as a case study, less than 0.01% of the population is Boko Haram, YET, this group are responsible for all the terror attacks on Nigerian soil. They have distabillized our great nation nation, so as you can see, you don't need a multitude to commit serious grave damage, that's why we the 99.9999% dread but not afraid of the 0.00001% of this callous groups.

Muslims in Igboland have not shown any tendency for religious violence. You cannot compare them to an organized violent, political and religious movement group like boko haram.

Religious intolerance has been present since the inception of time, even before Christ, so what's the big deal on here? One might not tolerate another for his beliefs, just like some can't tolerate other people's sexuality, however, since there a common knowledge of understanding between conflicting groups, that's what matters. I don't need to respect nor value your religion, however, I still have self restrain to your religion.

That does not excuse what I'm reading on this thread. While others are fighting to cease religious hatred, some are excusing it because of it's long history. Ethnic hatred has been in this world for a long time too. I'm neither a Muslim or a Christian, no it's not "my" religion.It doesn't have to be my religion for me to be disgusted at all this display
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BlackPikiN(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sweetnecta: you ignorant people think islam is not part of igbo, ever.
i am sure the animists used to be this ignorant about christianity entering indigbo.

i am sure that igbo men and women are fast becoming muslims.
i know many and indeed, i am married to one of them.

now swallow this better pill.

InshaAllah islam will wax stronger, bigger and prominent in the igbo ethnic group. Amin.

Bigger and prominent you say?
When the same region is used as an excuse to slaughter the same igbo people, you still want them to join yur religion. lol

I just dey laff the hediots wey dey come yarn rubbish here.

The only reason why the 0.05% out of the 0.1% population of Igbos who are muslims are still in the religion is for benefits, marriage and safety(danger zones)! Only few are real because they want to be.
Get that into your coconut skull.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
I don't care how anyone sees me. When the time is right. . . I will NOT tolerate Islam in Igboland.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dawdy(m): 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

Your point?

The Bible said our God is a "LOVING GOD", yet he's a Consuming fire. He fights his own battles and doesn't sleep waiting on humans to fight his own battle for him.

As for that chapter, YES, God did not encourage violence but delivered Jericho into their hands because it was somewhat like a war. You need to read the accounts of the "Wall of Jericho" again.
Loving God in action!
Kill People
Who Don't
Listen to
Priests Anyone
arrogant
enough to
reject the
verdict of the
judge or of the priest who
represents the
LORD your God
must be put to
death. Such
evil must be purged from
Israel.
(Deuteronomy
17:12 NLT) Kill Witches You should
not let a
sorceress live.
(Exodus 22:17
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dawdy:
Loving God in action!
Kill People
Who Don't
Listen to
Priests Anyone
arrogant
enough to
reject the
verdict of the
judge or of the priest who
represents the
LORD your God
must be put to
death. Such
evil must be purged from
Israel.
(Deuteronomy
17:12 NLT) Kill Witches You should
not let a
sorceress live.
(Exodus 22:17

This is the reason why you need to come close to GOD and leave you islamism somewhere else, else you meet your fate. If you read the Bible rather than posting "cut and paste", let me put it in summary for your understanding. Sometimes when cases that were difficult for the community to decide, perhaps no witnesses, or evidence was insufficient, or even unusual circumstance made the truth hard to see, when this happened, the case was taken into God's sanctuary before a High priest whose words were FINAL. This was the only was to settle cases fairly and when one disobey the voice of the high priest of God, it's simple... PUNISHMENT. Even God stated, and every Christian believes, for the wages of sin is death. If a court grants a judgement today and you violate it, what is that?

However, when Jesus Christ came into the world to die for our sins, till the time he ascended into heaven and sat on the right hand of God, he atoned for our sins with his blood. So you see why Jesus Christ plead with his father to die so we might be redeemed through his blood. Therefore, the Bible is very specific that GOD doesn't condemn stoning people to death because you disobeyed his words. If you disobey, you will have your punishment on the last day and if you repent, you will be saved... NEXT
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by dragnet: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

Your point?

isn't it odd that you just spring up reasons in defence for bible verses but you judge the words of the Quran by its literal meaning ? Probably you dont know there's something called 'Tafseer l Quran' which explains each verse in detail in order for ppl not to be mislead by tgeir literal meaning. . . .or is it that you just chose to be a hypocrite ?

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by MrEverest(m): 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
These moslems shud better be careful, THIS IS ONITSHA. Btw there are Igbo moslems but they are very small in number about O.1%, i hav com across one who was then my neighbour. Those argueing in the contrary shud ask about Mustapha Chike Obi.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
dragnet:

isn't it odd that you just spring up reasons in defence for bible verses but you judge the words of the Quran by its literal meaning ? Probably you dont know there's something called 'Tafseer l Quran' which explains each verse in detail in order for ppl not to be mislead by tgeir literal meaning. . . .or is it that you just chose to be a hypocrite ?

What is odd about what I write? The Bible is VERY CLEAR, the OLD Testament was a recording of what happened "BC" after Christ came, he laid examples for us on how Christians should live, better yet, Christians model after Christ/body of Christ himself, not God, not Abraham, nor Elijah nor any of these powerful prophets but Christ himself. ... How is our Bible contradictory? My friend leave hypocrisy, tell that to the Al-queada , Al, shabab, Boko Haram and the endless list, go preach unto them.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dainfamous: 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
In igbo land they welcome their Jewish brothers from isreal,even some of them have titles in igboland i will show you evidence, not only that now synagogue had open different branches and they have a lot of igbos practicing judaizm.And is accepted in igbo-land because of cultural similarities.

And they have been living in peace with their neighbors and more people are converting.....see...

THE SONS OF ABRAHAM wink wink

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mavor: 8:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
Demolish that shit jare. Which land aboki man own for igbo land? rubbish scum. I trust those igbo guys. at least they are not weaklings like the yorubas who allow hausa to rule them in their land (kwara)
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dainfamous: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
SEE

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by dragnet: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

What is odd about what I write? The Bible is VERY CLEAR, the OLD Testament was a recording of what happened "BC" after Christ came, he laid examples for us on how Christians should live, better yet, Christians model after Christ/body of Christ himself, not God, not Abraham, nor Elijah nor any of these powerful prophets but Christ himself. ... How is our Bible contradictory? My friend leave hypocrisy, tell that to the Al-queada , Al, shabab, Boko Haram and the endless list, go preach unto them.

cant you just calm down and read, then understand what I posted ?. . Did I speak about christianity ?. . Pls go thru my post once again. .

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
Da infamous: In igbo land they welcome their Jewish brothers from isreal,even some of them have titles in igboland i will show you evidence, not only that now synagogue had open different branches and they have a lot of igbos practicing judaizm.And is accepted in igbo-land because of cultural similarities.

And they have been living in peace with their neighbors and more people are converting.....see...

Seems like igboland is another white-worshipping African playground. LOL @ same way Andre Uweh posted a white chap in his chieftain attire the other day.

How many times has other NIgerian region given chieftancy rank to a white guy just because he shows interest in learning about our culture? How do you "convert" into an ethnicity? So it's okay to practice Judaism but it's a crime to practice Islam lol? All because of the desire for a Jewish link.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by nawtyme: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
phemmy1987: The governor shld b careful abt his decision inoda to avoid him of unnecessary violence in d state. Islam is a religion of peace nt else bt peace.
May amadioha shave your head with a blunt spoon. Blood sucking religion.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by achi4u(m): 8:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
aboki don suffer ogringringrin
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
dragnet:

cant you just calm down and read, then understand what I posted ?. . Did I speak about christianity ?. . Pls go thru my post once again. .

I am calm , no need to go through your post because your post is crystal clear.

What I'm simply stating is what I'm saying isn't "ODD" neither am I a hypocrite and perhaps, that something called 'Tafseer l Quran' which explains each verse in detail in order for ppl not to be mislead by tgeir literal meaning, you need to preach it out louder to the Al -Queada, Al -Shabab, Al Ghuraaba, and the hundreds of them them. Honestly, I really don't want to know what it is, I'm only asking you to preach it loud to them.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dainfamous: 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Seems like igboland is another white-worshipping African playground.

How many times has other NIgerian region given chieftancy rank to a white guy just because he shows interest in learning about our culture? How do you "convert" into an ethnicity?
I don't need to brake it down to u that he is Jewish huuh?? is not the chieftancy his intention is different his a rabbi ok.He is there for the synagogue not lookin for contracts....
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by achi4u(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
aboki don suffer ogringringrin :Daboki don suffer ogringringrin
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Seems like igboland is another white-worshipping African playground. LOL @ same way Andre Uweh posted a white chap in his chieftain attire the other day.

How many times has other NIgerian region given chieftancy rank to a white guy just because he shows interest in learning about our culture? How do you "convert" into an ethnicity? So it's okay to practice Judaism but it's a crime to practice Islam lol? All because of the desire for a Jewish link.

I'll pick Judaism, Buddhism, Atheism, or what have you over Islamism... FACT.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dainfamous: 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

I'll pick Judaism, Buddhism, Atheism, or what have you over Islamism... FACT.
GBAM GBAM GBAM...
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
When did hausa/fulani ever say yoruba muslims are not real muslims?I grow up in Niger state and i never hear dat statement,4m anyone.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 8:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
nawtyme:
May amadioha shave your head with a blunt spoon. Blood sucking religion.
RFLMAO. . . . With a blunt spoon? Thats just wickedness man! grin
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 8:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ibrahim mr fish: When did hausa/fulani ever say yoruba muslims are not real muslims? [size=18pt]I grow up in Niger state[/size] and i never hear dat statement,4m anyone.

Ok oh keep growing. . . When you are fully grown, you will hear it.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
Antivirus92: they don't exist,there is no fact there. Its all fabrications to make outsiders view nigeria as a muslim country
This is a dumb reasoning.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
ISLAM IS NOT A RELIGION , ITS AN IDEOLOGY, AN IDEOLOGY OF HATE , DESTRUCTION AND EXPANSION

[b]Speaking of religious tolerance, What religion should we tolerate here ? The kind of "religion" that encourages :
[/b]1.Killing of innocent civilians because of some cheap newspaper cartoon that was printed THOUSANDS of miles away in Denmark ?
2.Killing of innocent civilians because of a beauty pageant ?
3.Maiming innocent civilians all in the name of sharia ?
4.Marriage and intercourse between Adult men and adolescent teenage girls (sometimes girls under the age of 10 , According to them that's how you get the girl "fresh" ...whatever that means)
5.FORCING your ideology / POV on others and if they refuse to agree with you THEN you become their ENEMY.
6.Killing of r.ape victims because according to their "religious doctrine" the woman that gets r.aped brought it upon herself because she "seduced and forced" the Poor , innocent and honest muslim man to commit the crime .

The so called "religion of peace" can only be compared to a cancer or brain tumor . It comes slowly , like a mild pain and next thing its consumed more than half of the entity it infected . A cancer cannot be tolerated , it must be treated and taken out with IMMEDIATE effect and the same goes for this "religion of peace"
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by truetalk4real: 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
jomonic:

Oga please suggest other ways of explaning this to the muslims to avoid crisis. Methinks that Anambra government should demolish this mosque if indeed it is blocking access ways very well identified in their master plan. I do not see how the government owe any body or organization any explanation when they are acting within the law. The muslims or BOKO HARAM can go violent if they wish. They have been doing so all these years and without any body provoking them

This is senseless talk u provoke me how ca n
u say the muslims or boko haram pls be specific if u want to talk about muslim talk & boko haram is boko haram. D government should provide a new place for d mosque period
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by jude33084(m): 8:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
yoji: I jus want to correct d notion by someone on this thread dat yoruba muslims are not real muslims. This propaganda is spread by the hausa fulani in the north to promote their ethnic agenda. because wen they are presented wit d fact that how can they claim a religious war wen other muslims are being killed.
Muslims range from every where. U find them in china, spain, indonesia, usa etc and they all can't be hausa. Bsides the prophet was not hausa. The hausa/fulani are an unxposed domineerin group with an expansionist agenda which has now turned into an embarassement

[size=20pt] Well SPOKEN [/size] cool
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dainfamous: 8:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
to show u is not only Christianity is practiced in igboland other faith are there as-well,but we have to no that judazm had been existing in igbo-land some say longer than even Christianity;if you look at the way a lot of people are converting to judaizm in multitude!you will not be surprise the link has been there for a very long time...

see

this is what the northern Muslim is fighting against,that is why they are making noise in onitsha and ebony state..................

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 28, 2012
Freedom of religion!!

One Nigeria! - Islam is a religion of peace.. grin

Ramadan Kareem to all my akhis!! cool cool
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by bright007(f): 9:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
Why are igbos feigning ignorance on d existence of igbo-muslims?
It is å hard fact to most Igbos dat some of their brothers are muslims but that is d truth.

I know of ån igbo man in Ojodu in Lagos who is å muslim.
He is wealthy,quiet and u only get to notice him in d neighbourhood on rare occasions.
People know him as chief Ozormena but don't know if he is really å chief or maybe he was nicknamed by friends.I also heard he is from Enugu.
One conspicuous feature u see on him is his long beards that will make u doubt if he is igbo.He has many of this Alhaji as friends who pay him constant visits.
Some rumours making rounds in d neighbourhood says he is gayy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars / Rivers Gov Poll: Armed DSS Officials Storm Tribunal. / Pastor Ize-Iyamu's Campaign Poster That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.