Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (50633 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by alaoeri: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2012
Religion they say is opium of ppl, the boy looking for admission if he's not admitted despite scaling through all forms of assessment no big deal, he should find another sch but the issue here is that of his sister if he don't help her all well & good but should chase other family member away from her.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:03am On Jul 29, 2012
nagoma:

It's very clear that your Christianity is not about piety and glorifying God but about greed for material processions in this world. All the pastors may be affluent but not all Christians are rich , and we know where the pastors' affluence comes from - the brainless followers. Continue to deceive them. Service to a particular God has no correlation with ammount of worldly processions.

Heh. I actually suspect that the bolded statement is empirically false. And not even just in a global context, but even if you localize to Nigeria alone.

Anyway, that is neither here nor there...I'm not particularly interested in your thoughts on piety and "glorifying God", since Christians and you serve different gods. You do you, and let Christians do them.

All I ask is that you stop whining for Christians to help you out materially.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by freecocoa(f): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2012
See wahala o.

If she doesn't like the GOD of Christianity and won't convert to christianity,why expect a christian who serves a God she doesn't believe in to help her?

Abegi make she pray to allah and let him come to her aid.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 11:04am On Jul 29, 2012
ibrossss: My dear sister in Islam dnt mind ur bros because ur reward frm diong dis jihad will cum Frm Allah(hereafter) Islam is d tru religion!

Tru religion indeed!!afterall boko harams are fasting too.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by alahamad(m): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?

After reading one of your posts on the auto section, I realized ur just a stvpid foool who's full of himself with a freaking teaspoon full of money....

Apparently, you reconfirmed to me that ur useless.....Just re-read what u wrote above nd see if you really have a white brain in your skull??.....I doubt it....

Wawa kawai
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 11:05am On Jul 29, 2012
freecocoa: See wahala o.

If she doesn't like the GOD of Christianity and won't convert to christianity,why expect a christian who serves a God she doesn't believe in to help her?

God bless you my sista.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by KINGwax(m): 11:06am On Jul 29, 2012
khattab008:
Any By d way d OP did 'nt say d sister went to beg for anything D stupid Bishop is d one talkin and not his Sister
wise ant, kindly quote a quote from a sentense made by oyedepo there? Pls
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2012
nagoma:

If this lady was actually asking for help, she was not asking Christians to help her. She was asking her own brother. Remember he was the one who converted to Christianity , does that mean they are no longer blood relatives. That's real religious tolerance for you.

Who gives a sh1t about religious tolerance?

Where in the Bible is religious tolerance preached?

Why must a PASTOR be religiously tolerant?

Any religiously tolerant pastor is a FRAUD, a FAKE, and a PHONY. An agent of the devil.

Or was Jesus religiously tolerant? Did he preach salvation for non-believers?

Anyway, Christians have gone above and beyond the call of duty as far as tolerance goes. Despite them actually having no real obligation to do so.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by KINGwax(m): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2012
al-ahamad:

After reading one of your posts on the auto section, I realized ur just a stvpid foool who's full of himself with a freaking teaspoon full of money....

Apparently, you reconfirmed to me that ur useless.....Just re-read what u wrote above nd see if you really have a white brain in your skull??.....I doubt it....

Wawa kawai
have u read yours? Fuckin terrorist
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by aneldaking(m): 11:07am On Jul 29, 2012
my brothe and sisters i happen 2 live in sokoto where d sultan resides at least i can say much about d sultan and his religion biznez in tryin to convert xtians with a car house and 500k men u guys dnt knw hw happy m i to hear dat a man of God like oyedepo is is making xpliot with his religion meaning dat he has seen wat d ordinary eyes cn nt c go and ask wat sanusi broda is passing tru ask wat dasuki son is going tru also ask if a sokoto indegene wo is a muslim can convert to a xtian and still b alive rubish .xtians r u gud to go, xtians gu to go gud to go gud to go oyedepo may God bless u carry on sir nonsence ndi na pku ishi na la hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah i dey tell u i suffer inferiority complex in sokoto bauchi,zamfara,kebbi and kwara .

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:08am On Jul 29, 2012
Does "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" sound religiously tolerant to you?

Jesus wasn't particularly interested in religious tolerance. Why should Christians be?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Smoj(m): 11:10am On Jul 29, 2012
Pastor Oyedepo again! So he's a muslim by birth, may God 4give him.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:10am On Jul 29, 2012
The same devilish creature Nagoma who secretly enjoys seeing Christians massacred in northern nigeria preaching religious tolerance grin

Wetin man go hear
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by tintingz(m): 11:10am On Jul 29, 2012
freecocoa: See wahala o.

but why the god of xtian(jehova) like money so much dat he uses money to win souls

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by olapluto(m): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: What angers me by the way about Muslims is how fvcking hypocritical they are.

They want to ask you to do for them what they would never do for you.

How many Christians are in Muslim universities in the world? -MANY

How many Islamic clerics do you see giving money to Christians? -MANY

In Nigeria, they are not persecuted at all in the south, yet in the north Christians are killed arbitrarily. -NOT ENTIRELY TRUE

Hypocritical-azz muthafuckas, for real.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by KINGwax(m): 11:11am On Jul 29, 2012
ibrossss: My dear sister in Islam dnt mind ur bros because ur reward frm diong dis jihad will cum Frm Allah(hereafter) Islam is d tru religion!
did u post this in hunger? I doubt it. And oh you're fasting, right? But you've eaten this morning right? You'll only skip lunch and settle for a huge dinner! What a fast. I call it 1-0-1. I do it even without fasting sometimes due to tight work schedule. You guys are brianless jokes!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 29, 2012
i live within my means, which means i stay in festac town. some of my neighbours are not as fortunate as i am.

for a long time i was the only muslim in the neighbourhood.

once a neighbour came to as for a loan of 120k. i no dey do loan, but i gace them 10 or was it 20k - i did not ay, you must convert to Islam before you take this money

a neighbour whose wife was in labour called us at 2am in the morning to take his wife to the hospital - I did not give conditions

if someone now says to my neighbours all muslims are evil bloodthirst cksuckers do you expect them to agree with him?

do you think any religion can gain adherents by such a hard stance?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by KINGwax(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2012
tintingz: but why the god of xtian(jehova) like money so much dat he uses money to win souls
poor man! The abu diabi family are so rich they can buy a whole country. Yet they're muslim. You're a poor muslim, now u'll claim to enter heaven. But what the fucck? WHY DO ALLAH LOVE MONEY SO MUCH THAT IT SPONSORS TERRORISM?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by duni04(m): 11:16am On Jul 29, 2012
Seriously I didn't see any quote from the bishop threatening his sister's life. I think the writer of this story could have devised a more straightforward way of telling us about oyedepo's sister's situation than manufacturing quotes and slandering him. I'm not a fan of Oyedepo's kind of lifestyle but the truth is you can't defeat dishonesty with dishonesty. If you want to be critical about someone's lifestyle choices, you have to assume or possess a higher standard of morality. Its either that or you're just being a hypocrite, like the writer of this article.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 29, 2012
My take on this is simple and plain. I will not refuse my sister help even if she is an atheist. In other words, muslim or not, i will help her. If this story is the truth,then i am very sad.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 29, 2012
Xtianinty my foot! Religion is notyn but fraud! Oyedepo is notyn but a "CAPITALIST PASTOR" for me islam, xtianity or any religion is just a means to calm fear in our mind! Am a christian mind u all
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by KINGwax(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2012
vonchulxy: Xtianinty my foot! Religion is notyn but fraud! Oyedepo is notyn but a "CAPITALIST PASTOR" for me islam, xtianity or any religion is just a means to calm fear in our mind! Am a christian mind u all
u were tryin to say somethin but i jst can't fathom how it made sense.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by mufikings(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: Am not supporting anyone hr! Bt seriously, aint u guys tired of pointing fingers at others errors?? U ve no right to judge or condemn him, let His Creator do dat. Oh he did all dat? Fine! What abt u? Oh u vent sinned today abi? Or u think one sin is bigger than d other ehn? God will judge nd condemn those who judge nd condemn others. Note: Am a Redeemer.
for as long as the Church refuses the oneness that Christ and the apostles died for we will always miss God's true intention" i am a Redeemer" ? God's house the church aint branded okay....on the subject lets all not judge, I am a believer in d Church .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by leopower(m): 11:20am On Jul 29, 2012
we av too many foolssssssssssssss here, pastor Oyedepo my foot.we dnt need to forsake our relative based on religion, not to talk of blood sister. As for the father converting to xtain, i dnt see any true abt that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2012
@oyb: Who knows, maybe Oyedepo giving money no-strings-attached to his Muslim half-sister will make her more likely to convert.

But perhaps in his judgement, for this particular individual, he doesn't think it will.

(As an aside: Don't get me wrong. Even though I strongly dislike Islam and most things about it, this doesn't mean I hate individual Muslims. Clearly I don't dislike or hate you for example...quite the opposite.)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:21am On Jul 29, 2012

Who gives a sh1t about religious tolerance?

Where in the Bible is religious tolerance preached?

Why must a PASTOR be religiously tolerant?

Any religiously tolerant pastor is a FRAUD, a FAKE, and a PHONY. An agent of the devil.

Or was Jesus religiously tolerant? Did he preach salvation for non-believers?

Anyway, Christians have gone above and beyond the call of duty as far as tolerance goes. Despite them actually having no real obligation to do so.

The pr/ost/itut/e wasnt a non-believer?

PS: People dont feed the troll
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by safarigirl(f): 11:21am On Jul 29, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: Am not supporting anyone hr! Bt seriously, aint u guys tired of pointing fingers at others errors?? U ve no right to judge or condemn him, let His Creator do dat. Oh he did all dat? Fine! What abt u? Oh u vent sinned today abi? Or u think one sin is bigger than d other ehn? God will judge nd condemn those who judge nd condemn others. Note: Am a Redeemer.
And you say you're not taking sides? So it's now wrong to criticise people when they go wrong? If you go contrary to the rules and regulations of your office will you escape being reprimanded? So you're waiting for God to judge him? Did you skip the part where God made man the 'god' on earth and gave him the right to act as such? A whole man of God is discriminating yet he has the guts to stand on the pulpit and preach acceptance, I only wish God could strike all those false shepherds, but I take solace in the fact that for whatever punishment I get for sinning, he who was in charge of leading God's sheep aright, but failed will be given a hundred times that. Let him just know that there are no private jets in hell. Btw, I'm on the side of the girl who was wrongly denied admission and Oyedepo's mistreated sister, sorry for Oyedepo supporters club.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by bright007(f): 11:22am On Jul 29, 2012
tintingz: MoG using money to win souls to their business centre church angry did Jesus(their role model) did this? tongue
Now u are å fool.
The lady has two options:either to accept Oyedepo's offer of converting to christianity or remain å muslim without his help.Can two walk together except they agree?
Are u d one to tell him who to help with his riches?

Now back to ur silly reasoning:Is it not better to use money to convert one's blood to one's religion than to use bombs/IED's/sharia to do the same?

Religion of pisss $ shitsss.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Digriz(m): 11:22am On Jul 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: the father who converted out of islam at old age is a testament to the hadith of the prophet [sa] that a people of hell will do things of paradise and he will be only a short distance [arm or ebow length] between him and paradise. then he will do the thing of people of hell before death.

the sister who is resisting the world wealthy brother will inshaAllah enjoy at the end when she complete her jihad [struggle against becoming disbeliever]. when she enters paradise, she will know that Allah is Full of Reward, Forgiving.

if wealth is the measure of Godliness, then the billionaire Bill Gates is more Godly than mere millionaire Oyedebo.

if christianity is the only true religion wonder why there are poor christans?

Allah, Almighty God gives to all, irrespective of religion. He is Al Rahman [The Merciful to all creation on the earth]
He is Al Rahim [The generously Merciful to the creations [man and jinn] who obeyed His Will in Islam.
You will know that on the Day of Assembly when worldly wealth is nothing to count on.

I pray that muslims in Lagos will come to the aid of this woman who is a sister of pharoah like personality called oyedebo.
so christianity is nw for those that wl perish in hell? U hv failed completely and that statement alone messed up ur post.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ozoneamani: 11:22am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: This woman should cry out to her god. If her god is not strong enough to save her from penury, then perhaps she had better listen very well to her brother's advice, and consider choosing the God of her brother.

Or of what use is this god she serves if she remains in poverty?

Or does she want to benefit from Oyedepo's God while also serving another?
For my Yoruba brothers! 'Anfani ki lo je fun eniyan ko jere gbogbo aiye ti o si so emi re nu'. What good does it serve a man to own this world but loss out on the Hereafter. The end will judge the means.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:24am On Jul 29, 2012
tintingz: but why the god of xtian(jehova) like money so much dat he uses money to win souls

Right. But then the natural question is, why is the god of Islam not able to do the same? It seems that one of these two gods is a lot more effective and stronger than the other (temporarily borrowing your point of view..)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 11:24am On Jul 29, 2012

(As an aside: Don't get me wrong. Even though I strongly dislike Islam and most things about it, this doesn't mean I hate individual Muslims. Clearly I don't dislike or hate you for example...quite the opposite.)

rofl

Post of the year. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.