Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (385025 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by madey1302: 10:40am On Jul 10, 2013
Yes i stay in abuja but the car is in Lagos. Just wanna have an idea shld in case i call on an electrician. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2013
elbashyr: Hi Ikenna,
Hope you are doing fine, please i need ur advice, i want buy peugeot but am kind of contemplating which one is d least problamatic between 406 and 407,i am going for manual transmission dat am certn,can u please advise me,i will apriciat if u respond quick bec i have d two available now frm d same agent nd i dont want him to get tired of waiting.
Thanks ikenna...

Find details of VIN you sent to me this morning via SMS, below:

VF38B6FZF81203197:

1. Vehicle family: 406 (Restyling/D9), 4 door Saloon.

2. Warranty Start Date: 01/12/2000.

3. Engine: EW7 J4, 1.8 L, 16v, 117 hp.

4. Transmission: 5-speed manual gearbox, BVM5.

6. Body colour: Como Green.

7. Badge: SR.

8. Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

9. Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

10. Fan: 1 fan 350W.

11. Clutch: Hydraulic Clutch.

12. Tyre (Size,type): 195/65 R15 H tyres.

13. Wheel type: Steel Wheels.

14. ABS: Available.

15. Windscreen wiper: Without Rain sensor.

16. Front Foglamp: Available.

17. Front seats: Manual control.

18. Front seats Armrest: Without.

19. Compact Disc (Rear): Without.

20. Radia: Cassette Audio System (RB2, RDS).

21. Front Windows lift: Electric control.

22. Rear Windows lift: Manual control.

23. Air conditioning: Available.

24. Daylight Running Light: Without.

Etc.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elbashyr(m): 12:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

Find details of VIN you sent to me this morning via SMS, below:

VF38B6FZF81203197:

1. Vehicle family: 406 (Restyling/D9), 4 door Saloon.

2. Warranty Start Date: 01/12/2000.

3. Engine: EW7 J4, 1.8 L, 16v, 117 hp.

4. Transmission: 5-speed manual gearbox, BVM5.

6. Body colour: Como Green.

7. Badge: SR.

8. Driving Position: Left Hand Drive.

9. Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

10. Fan: 1 fan 350W.

11. Clutch: Hydraulic Clutch.

12. Tyre (Size,type): 195/65 R15 H tyres.

13. Wheel type: Steel Wheels.

14. ABS: Available.

15. Windscreen wiper: Without Rain sensor.

16. Front Foglamp: Available.

17. Front seats: Manual control.

18. Front seats Armrest: Without.

19. Compact Disc (Rear): Without.

20. Radia: Cassette Audio System (RB2, RDS).

21. Front Windows lift: Electric control.

22. Rear Windows lift: Manual control.

23. Air conditioning: Available.

24. Daylight Running Light: Without.

Etc.

Ikenna

Mr Ikenna u are d best,i am happy u find it out for me b4 i buy,i was actually told its EW10, : sad shocked shocked sad shocked
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by emychukwu: 4:39pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

Have you tried the BSI reset earlier suggested to you?

Ikenna

U said I should reset d bsi bt u dint tell me hw I can go about it..pls kindly give me d steps on hw am gona do dat and pls hope it won't ask for a code cos I don't have any, thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
emychukwu:

U said I should reset d bsi bt u dint tell me hw I can go about it..pls kindly give me d steps on hw am gona do dat and pls hope it won't ask for a code cos I don't have any, thanks

I told you in my response to your post on this issue to check the previous pages on this thread, that you will find how to reset BSI in one of the last pages. because we recently discussed on how to reset BSI unit on RapzyJ BSI issue. BSI has been one of the major discussion in the house. Most of the information we need on BSI had already been provided or discussed in the house. It will help us to go through the thread from the first page, for those who are new in the house. Its better to learn how to prevent corrupting the BSI software or getting it fried, for peace of mind.

Anyway, find what you asked for below: " How to reset BSI Unit":

https://www.nairaland.com/1003701/peugeot-thread-peugeot-community/23#16065918

Its on page 23 of this thread.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Know and track your Lion's fuel consumption:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/peugeot

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2013
Good morning house, pls my lion stopped on the road dis morning. While trying to restart it, it showed "engine immobiliser fault" and a "key" symbol showed on d dashboard. Pls,I need an urgent help. My lion is peug406 prestige with an EW10 engine. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:09am On Jul 12, 2013
samoy: Good morning house, pls my lion stopped on the road dis morning. While trying to restart it, it showed "engine immobiliser fault" and a "key" symbol showed on d dashboard. Pls,I need an urgent help. My lion is peug406 prestige with an EW10 engine. Thanks

Is the 406 D8 or D9?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
@ samoy,

Sorry o! D8 never got EW series. So, its D9 then. Am not even sure we have D8 PAN sef!

Since the car is D9, the engine immobilizer fault and key symbol issues are key transponder-BSI matter. Your BSI has immobilized the car and its not recognising the transponder on the key plip anymore. Thats why you are getting "engine immobilizer fault" and the key symbol on the multifunction screen and cluster. Something went wrong.

Did you do any wiring job on that car recently?

Meanwhile, Check the all the fuses (fuse box under the steering wheel and one in the engine bay) and reset the bsi.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Emperoh(m): 4:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
SOmeone just sent me a request to buy her a 206

Can you kindly advice on what spec to go for and likely issues?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
Emperoh: SOmeone just sent me a request to buy her a 206

Can you kindly advice on what spec to go for and likely issues?

Is the person interested a lady? Is he or she after the most fuel economical 206 or one with average fuel consumption?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Emperoh(m): 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ikenna351:

Is the person interested a lady? Is he or she after the most fuel economical 206 or one with average fuel consumption?

Ikenna

The persons is a young working class single lady. Just likes the 206 but knows next to nothing about it.
I am actually supposed to advice her but my knowledge of the Lion is quite limited. Except for your work here which is quite huge, i know nothing.

So let's see what available, going price, what is best to buy for the description above.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
Emperoh:

The persons is a young working class single lady. Just likes the 206 but knows next to nothing about it.
I am actually supposed to advice her but my knowledge of the Lion is quite limited. Except for your work here which is quite huge, i know nothing.

So let's see what available, going price, what is best to buy for the description above.

A lady? Hmm! A pre-facelift 206 with 1.4 L engine will be ok for her, since she is after fuel economy and not some 007 car. Get her a 206 with TU3J4 (16v) engine. At least, the 16v will give better fuel economy than the TU3JP 8v engine, which is also a 1.4 L engine. Difference is that one is 16v while the other is 8v. But whichever you find will be ok.

She should stay away from 206 GTI. They all have EW10, 2.0 L engine , which 307, 406, 407 & 408 have too. Its not a thristy engine, but will consume more than the TU3J4. 206 GTI is meant for guys who want to catch fun, not minding the fuel economy.

Though, we have 206 with 1.6 Litre engines (TU5JP -8v & TU5JP4 -16v). The 1.6 J4 engine wont be that bad either for a lady, if you find one.

As for 206 with 1.0 L & 1.1 L engine, i wouldnt go there, especially the 1.1 L engine (60hp). She wont enjoy the car if it has A/C. Will be too slugish to pull the car with A/C on. I doubt if 206 with 1.1 L engine will have A/C sef. But i think the 1.0 L engine is turbocharged (not sure).

So, TU3J4 or TU3JP is ok for a lady, in my own opinion.

Please, I dont think you would want her to call tomorrow and tell you got her a nightmare when auto trans start dealing with her. From the reviews, auto trans in 206 isnt encouraging, just like the 406. I would suggest she settle for manual trans. I don talk my own.

Meanwhile, we have house members that drive 206, i think they are in a better position to tell you all need to know about 206. I have heard about the boot refusing to open sometimes. They can explain better. Hey! Aqva, your input is needed in this matter please.

But if she can afford it, let her go for the facelifted, 206+ (2009+ model). The car looks beautiful. I meqn, very beautiful. The pre-facelift 206 is not even close to her beauty. You cant even tell the diference between the 206+ and 207.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 3:31pm On Jul 14, 2013
Happy sunday to all d lion owners in the house. I scanned my lion using Autoboss and below are the
results:

Engine
P0481-Fan unit control (low speed)
P0141- Heating controls. Downstream oxygen sensor
P0480- High speed fan unit control
P0485- Fan assembly function. Coherence
P0532- Air conditioning circuit pressure information. Short to earth or open circuit
P0325- Knock sensor
P0341- Undefined trouble code
P1544- undefined trouble code

BSI
E4- Intermittent fault. Absence of communication with the engine ECU
E70- Permanent fault. Oil temperature sensor
E72- Permanent fault. Oil temp sensor. Short-circuit to positive

Airbag
B0805- Left side belt module ignition. Open circuit
B0803- Level of passenger module trigger. 1. Open circuit
B0801- Level of driver module trigger 1. Open circuit
B0804- Level of passenger module trigger 2. Open circuit
B0802- Level of driver module trigger 2. Open circuit

ABS
4364- Front right wheel speed sensor. Check computer number 3 and 5 terminals and sensor tighten inductor tooth/cable.

AC
B4- Remote intermittent fault. Vehicle speed information. Incorrect value received
B6- Remote intermittent fault. The outside temperature sensor. Incorrect value received.

Pls, help me o
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
samoy: Happy sunday to all d lion owners in the house. I scanned my lion using Autoboss and below are the
results:

Engine
P0481-Fan unit control (low speed)
P0141- Heating controls. Downstream oxygen sensor
P0480- High speed fan unit control
P0485- Fan assembly function. Coherence
P0532- Air conditioning circuit pressure information. Short to earth or open circuit
P0325- Knock sensor
P0341- Undefined trouble code
P1544- undefined trouble code

BSI

ABS

E4- Intermittent fault. Absence of communication with the engine ECU
E70- Permanent fault. Oil temperature sensor
E72- Permanent fault. Oil temp sensor. Short-circuit to positive

Airbag
B0805- Left side belt module ignition. Open circuit
B0803- Level of passenger module trigger. 1. Open circuit
B0801- Level of driver module trigger 1. Open circuit
B0804- Level of passenger module trigger 2. Open circuit
B0802- Level of driver module trigger 2. Open circuit

ABS
4364- Front right wheel speed sensor. Check computer number 3 and 5 terminals and sensor tighten inductor tooth/cable.

AC
B4- Remote intermittent fault. Vehicle speed information. Incorrect value received
B6- Remote intermittent fault. The outside temperature sensor. Incorrect value received.

Pls, help me o

Engine:
1. P0481: Indication of abuse of factory radiator fan connections, i.e, the fan's low speed is no longer connected, hence the BSI noticed and stored the abuse.

2. P0141: Your downstream oxygen sensor monitoring your catalytic converter, the heater inside the sensor is faulty or no longer getting power to heat. This o2 sensor has blue coloured connector and its mounted on the exhaust pipe after the catalytic converter under the car. Pull out the sensor connectors(male & female), if corroded, clean with electric contact cleaner. Then with Digital Multi Meter (DMM) and test for ground and positive power to the heater from relay. It has 4 wires. Usually for upstream sensor, the number 1 & 2 wires on that connector is the source of power for the heater in the sensor. One should be giving 12+ volts when switch on the ignition or start the car, while the other will be giving 12- (ground wire) constantly, whether ignition is on or not. Both wires are usually white. If you are getting the 12v from those 2 wires, then the relay is ok and the heater ground is well supplied. Meaning, the problem is with the heater, not the power source. When o2 heater fails, the sensor has to be replaced. Note that it has part number on it, use the number to find a replacement or buy any Bosch o2 sensor with blue coloured connector and make sure the sensor wire is as long as the old one. By the way, do you know how to use DMM?

3. P0480: Indicating abuse of factory fan connection.

4. P0485: Same as the above.

5. P0532: Go to the A/C compressor, disconnect the connector, clean with contact cleaner and push it back in. It should clear the problem. Been there, done that and problem fixed.

6. P0325: Could be that the knock sensor connector is corroded or the sensor has failed. I would start by cleaning the sensor and its connector with contact cleaner, if I were you. Do you know what knock sensor looks like? Anyway, its on your cylinder head.

7. P0341: Camshaft Position sensor Circuit range/performance. It needs to be replaced. But try cleaning the connector first. If the code pops up again, replace it. Its located on the cylinder head as well.

8. P1544: This is Peugeot Specific error code. Unfortunately, I don't have the Peugeot error code book. A friend has it. Will get copy of mine soon. Though, owning the diagbox makes me reluctant to get a copy of that book, since the pp2000 defines all the error codes or faults for me.

BSI:
E4: This was possibly stored in the BSI when your immobilizer was triggered on. Since your car has started. Its no longer an issue. The code will go off when next you erase the stored error codes.

E70: Check the oil temperature sensor connector, if dirty clean and plug back. Check if the gauge in the cluster starts working again when ignition is switched on. If not working, replace the sensor. The sensor is usually located around or close to oil filter.

E72: Same as above.

Airbag: I would advice you scan ABS ECU with PP2000 to really point out the issues with the system. The PP2000 will not only state the problems, but show you images of the components causing the problems, their locations and how to fix them.

ABS
4364: the code definition has explained it well.

A/C

B4: Abuse of condenser/radiator fan factory connection. One fan cools the A/C condenser and radiator, and the Coolant temperature regulating unit controls the speed of the fan: speed 1 & 2. The regulating unit determines when the fan should come on when A/C is switched on and at what speed. The same unit determines when the fan should spin with the A/C off when coolant in the radiator needed to be cooled off, depending on its temperature. The Coolant temperature regulating unit is controlled by CTS (Coolant Temperature Sensor). So that unit is telling the BSI that its no longer powering the fan it was designed for when A/C is switched on. Now you know what bypassing of factory fan connection does to your engine management and your entire electrical system.

B6: The outside temperature sensor controls the fan blower, your ventilation/AC blower inside the car. It determines at what speed the blower should come on each time you start the car, depending on the outside temperature, for quick cooling, via climate control. Probably the sensor has failed or the sensor connector needs cleaning or the sensor is suffering from harness abuse. Even the bad connections on the A/C and radiator fan is enough to cause this error.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
To everyone,

Try and get an Electric contact cleaner. You need it as a Peugeot owner. The electrical contacts/connectors, after certain mileage, would need to be cleaned, to ensure full required values to be passed through those contacts to the ECU from the sensors or components. Most especially, scanning your lion with PP2000 once in a while, will be showing you the connectors that need to be cleaned, as they corrode one after the other. Note that the problem is not peculiar to Peugeot brand alone, but its one the problems they are known for.

As for bypassing the factory fan connection of our Lions. Well, samoy scan result has explained a lot of things to us: that its a very practice and harmful to our cars electrics and engine managements.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 7:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
Good evening to all d lion owners in the house. Pls, is there anyone that has PP2000 in the house and willing to help me scan my lion? Pls, I need ur help as ikenna has advised that I should scan my lion wit PP2000. I'm in lagos. Rapzy J, kadbus pls help me o.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 9:39am On Jul 16, 2013
samoy: Good evening to all d lion owners in the house. Pls, is there anyone that has PP2000 in the house and willing to help me scan my lion? Pls, I need ur help as ikenna has advised that I should scan my lion wit PP2000. I'm in lagos. Rapzy J, kadbus pls help me o.

Hello samoy,
I think Automedics in LTV do scan cars.They can assist in scanning your car.Or where is your location? if you are close to iganmu i think Rapzy J will assist you then.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Olubachar(m): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
@ikenna, do you have any idea about peugeot 306 xsi. is it a nice car for a long journey.

thanks in advance.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Olubachar: @ikenna, do you have any idea about peugeot 306 xsi. is it a nice car for a long journey.

thanks in advance.

Sorry, i dont know much about 306. But t-die is in a better to help you on this.

But i do know that the aussies like 306, especially the hatchback, for its handling. I dont know beyond that.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Olubachar(m): 11:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ikenna351:

Sorry, i dont know much about 306. But t-die is in a better to help you on this.

But i do know that the aussies like 306, especially the hatchback, for its handling. I dont know beyond that.

Ikenna
thanks. but is peugeot expensive to maintain? I mean the spare parts,fuel consumption,engine problem etc.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
Olubachar:
thanks. but is peugeot expensive to maintain? I mean the spare parts,fuel consumption,engine problem etc.

Expensive? Ah! It depends. What i may find expensive maynot be expensive to you.

For Peugeots, we have different brands and qualities of parts in the market. It depends on the brand or quality you can afford: OEM, aftermarket, fake or better fake parts.

There is nothing like "Does Peugeot give better fuel economy?". What you should be asking is "Which Peugeot model, with what engize size, that has better fuel economy than the other?".

Engine problem? It depends on you, how you maintain the car. If you neglet or treat the engine anyhow, it will deal with you, just like everyother brand would do.

The main thing that will determine a cost of keeping of running a car is how clean or in good condition the car was when you bought her. If you buy an abused car or carelessly used one, it will cost you more to maintain, unless you are ready to first spend fortune to put it in order before you start using it.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
kadbus:

Hello samoy,
I think Automedics in LTV do scan cars.They can assist in scanning your car.Or where is your location? if you are close to iganmu i think Rapzy J will assist you then.
Thanks kadbus. I stay at ikeja. More so, I've been mailing Rapzy J all dis while but no response. Kindly, help in sending his phone no to my mail- samoy7458@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless u
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kadbus: 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
samoy:
Thanks kadbus. I stay at ikeja. More so, I've been mailing Rapzy J all dis while but no response. Kindly, help in sending his phone no to my mail- samoy7458@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless u

I dont have Rapsy j's phone no. Can u try Automedics @ Ltv?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ark111: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ikenna, Good evening, Please may I have an expert opinion on a Peugeot 406 with an XU10 engine. Is the engine reliable.?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2013
Ark111: Ikenna, Good evening, Please may I have an expert opinion on a Peugeot 406 with an XU10 engine. Is the engine reliable.?

Yes.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2013
Hello fellow lion owners and potential owner,
It has been like 8 to 9 weeks I literally disappeared from this thread during which lot of things happened like this

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2013
we we: Hello fellow lion owners and potential owner,
It has been like 8 to 9 weeks I literally disappeared from this thread during which lot of things happened like this
Wow what happened?
Hope no one was hurt
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Then turned multi colours

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
Thank you bigx, I am very okay.
nothing happen inside only the outside. The airbag didnt even deploy.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wewe1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2013
Now the rebirth

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.