Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,182 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (489560 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by CHRISOLAM(m): 8:04pm On Oct 17, 2015
Krone, have u written any book?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Dicelson(m): 7:52am On Oct 18, 2015
Hello, I'm new here. Who doesn't mind showing me around?[color=#000099][/color] wink
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by doublex: 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
Wow great thread.wish i could read all of it at once smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by boyo123(m): 12:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
guys .is there any chance of writers getting payed by movie makers on this forum, because i honestly think people, expecially nollywood movie makers can steal someones ideas .repackage it and make millions off it.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by johnspurgeon014(m): 4:29am On Oct 20, 2015
boyo123:
guys .is there any chance of writers getting payed by movie makers on this forum, because i honestly think people, expecially nollywood movie makers can steal someones ideas .repackage it and make millions off it.

Well, only a bad businessman won't leave his house, because there's a lion outside. You can keep your writing and read it yourself or create/explore channels to sell your work. But trust me, you're not a writer till it pays you.

I'm not a script agent. I had fears similar to yours till I was faced with the option of finding a buyer for my scripts or getting a job and quit writing. I got my ass on LinkedIn and started connecting with anyone affiliated to movies, joined film forums and contributed to the discussions like I already owned my own movie studio. Soon I learned to sniff out the other wannabes like me. I pitched to the right people. Barely three months later, I made my first sale and got a retainership. I pestered my LinkedIn connects till they started responding. Now I'm pushing them to send me their plots to get developed. I don't even live in Lagos. My set up is such that I don't even have to go to Lagos or Abj.

This is not a success story...yet. I still have to spend to copyright movie ideas and scripts to avoid plagiarism. Writing on NL is fun. You can stay popular here. Or you can give popularity a middle finger and save ur creativity for someone that will pay good money for it. (Not shitting on NL writers. Have nothing but love for y'all).

Movie producer don't have time to write, that's a given. Movie producers can be contacted directly on social media and if you're making a whole lotta sense...why, they'll pay attention. Why haven't tried running against the bandwagon?

If you copyright your story, trust me, no one will touch it. Get a lawyer handy. Don't kiss ass. Your story is your business. You invested time, creativity, money even. Stay professional and confident you have something worth their time and money. If you really do, they'll introduce you to their colleagues.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by llaykorn: 8:24am On Oct 20, 2015
Adanna28, did you get my mail?

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 20, 2015
llaykorn:
Adanna28, did you get my mail?

Nah not yet, been full on at work. Will check in a bit.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by llaykorn: 8:43am On Oct 20, 2015
Adanna28:

Oh? Been some days, now. I suspect it didn't cross over. Let me know when you check, sha.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 20, 2015
Adanna28:

Good to know ur ok...was very worried.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 20, 2015
dukeolumde:

Good to know ur ok...was very worried.

Aww I'm okay dear smiley I will check my inbox
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by boyo123(m): 6:02pm On Oct 20, 2015
johnspurgeon014:

Well, only a bad businessman won't leave his house, because there's a lion outside. You can keep your writing and read it yourself or create/explore channels to sell your work. But trust me, you're not a writer till it pays you.

I'm not a script agent. I had fears similar to yours till I was faced with the option of finding a buyer for my scripts or getting a job and quit writing. I got my ass on LinkedIn and started connecting with anyone affiliated to movies, joined film forums and contributed to the discussions like I already owned my own movie studio. Soon I learned to sniff out the other wannabes like me. I pitched to the right people. Barely three months later, I made my first sale and got a retainership. I pestered my LinkedIn connects till they started responding. Now I'm pushing them to send me their plots to get developed. I don't even live in Lagos. My set up is such that I don't even have to go to Lagos or Abj.

This is not a success story...yet. I still have to spend to copyright movie ideas and scripts to avoid plagiarism. Writing on NL is fun. You can stay popular here. Or you can give popularity a middle finger and save ur creativity for someone that will pay good money for it. (Not shitting on NL writers. Have nothing but love for y'all).

Movie producer don't have time to write, that's a given. Movie producers can be contacted directly on social media and if you're making a whole lotta sense...why, they'll pay attention. Why haven't tried running against the bandwagon?

If you copyright your story, trust me, no one will touch it. Get a lawyer handy. Don't kiss ass. Your story is your business. You invested time, creativity, money even. Stay professional and confident you have something worth their time and money. If you really do, they'll introduce you to their colleagues.
its not that easy bro.u were lucky to get thier attention.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by johnspurgeon014(m): 7:37am On Oct 21, 2015
boyo123:
its not that easy bro.u were lucky to get thier attention.

You lose before you learn to gain. That's the way of life as a beginner. #JustSaying
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by boyo123(m): 11:01am On Oct 21, 2015
johnspurgeon014:

You lose before you learn to gain. That's the way of life as a beginner. #JustSaying
true bro.so can u link me to any of the movie guys you know,let them just take a look at my story.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by bellovers(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
please can someone teach me how to open a new page when writing your own story here please I need help
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by bellovers(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
you can check out ma story I just started IN LOVE WITH A NON-HUMAN
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 29, 2015
Pls. Am a new writer on NL. and am having problems opening a new page. Pls can sum1 help me out pls?
Cuddletemi
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2015
So I've got ideas for a book..... But I just don't know how to start!!! Can someone help
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 02, 2015
Is there any sci-fi story on Nairaland
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 03, 2015
SirWere:
Is there any sci-fi story on Nairaland

www.nairaland.com/2581184/last-wolf
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Divepen1(m): 8:13am On Nov 03, 2015
SirWere:
So I've got ideas for a book..... But I just don't know how to start!!! Can someone help

Start something... The idea will pour out...
Write in a book. Do that without stopping to correct mistakes or to make it logical. you van also type it out. When you've gotten to the end, you can then edit.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 1:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
From the desk of the author of the smashing detective story titled 'The Brand of Cain' (It can be purchased here for just two hundred naira: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/9975) comes a blockbusting supernaturally romantic short story titled 'Dark Tears of Babylon'.

Description: Sam woke up from a dream where he was shot dead. When he awoke, he found the apple he had been eating in the dream, and he also received a weird phone call from the woman he met in the dream. Now, Sam must set on a journey to a strange street in Rivers State to uncover the cryptic significance of the series of weirdness that he experienced. And most importantly, he had to find the woman of his dream.

Excerpt:
"She is the love of your life; the person you're destined to be with forever. But you cut it short by your actions. You shouldn't have left her side. You shouldn't have come to me. Your coming to me destroyed everything. I tried to correct your first mistake by giving you the apples to eat. Those apples were meant to keep you alive. But you had to come back again to look for a phone you never lost. That was beyond my control. So, you had to die to set things aright. Mabel will miss you for the rest of her life. You have lost your one true soul mate because of your actions. She will continue to dream about you. You are dead here; lost to her forever. The only place she would always find you is in her dreams. Damage has been done to reality."
Publisher: www.okadabooks.com

To get the book, just click on this link to download the story: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10167#

Download is absolutely free. But you would need to register before you would be able to download the story and other free stories there. Dark Tears of Babylon has been selected for the Okadabooks Short Story competition. So, by downloading, you're automatically voting for it.

For all Android users, you can install the Okadabooks Apps on your phone for easy navigations. God bless you.

Don't miss 'Dark Tears of Babylon'!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2015
Home.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by jtenna: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
=-d Hello friends, my name is Justina and I am a writer. The first time I wrote something more than 100 words was when I was 13. It was a letter to my Dad, asking him to send me pocket money. Lol. Now I am older. I have written a short story of 2 words shy of 300. A story told in less than 15 minutes. A story which exposes the ugliness of jungle justice in Nigeria.
Here it is.

He tasted blood and the force from the stick uprooted two teeth which flew free from the captivity of his gum. The rush of blood from the tear in his tongue and injured gum threaten to drown him. It muted his screams. A second blow landed on his head and he fell into oblivion. Suddenly, the pains where no more but he could hear their angry cries. He heard wailings close to where he stood watching. He picked out his mother’s voice.
“Oh my son! My son…. he is just nine, he is just a child”
He wondered briefly what he is now because he could see himself lying limp and helpless on the dirty sand floor of Ojuelegba Market. Then he knew. He was now a misty being free from the encumbrances of the flesh and he was glad that he did what was right but he pitied them, especially the woman who thought he stole her bulb of onion when he actually helped to pick it from the floor.
“A good name is better than riches” his mother used to say and he would ask
“what’s the use of a good name if nobody knows it?”
Mother would answer,
“Then you should be content because fame and power attracts the worse and corrupts the best”
Mother flung herself on his lifeless body as two men emptied cans of petrol on it. They bathed her with it too while she begged to die with her only child but three men bodily lifted her away while another dumped a tire on his flaccid neck.
He faded away, delighted to leave. Thunder rolled as people slowly dispersed. An impending rain brought the wind that carried the smell of the burning flesh and a mother’s screams to the high heavens.

Join me against 'jungle justice'. Please click and vote for 'I was innocent' #EtisalatPrizeforLiterature #2015FlashFiction prize.etisalat.com.ng/i-was-innocent/
Be so kind as to rebroadcast my link in any social media platform. Thanks
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nmeri17: 1:48am On Nov 10, 2015
LarrySun:
**"I am Kanu and I am going to kill Pain and those bastards who raped my Jumai."

correct this line. nice story BTW
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 8:22am On Nov 10, 2015
Nmeri17:
**"I am Kanu and I am going to kill Pain and those bastards who raped my Jumai."

correct this line. nice story BTW
Oh! Thank you so much, sir. Error corrected. God bless you, sir. smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nmeri17: 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2015
LarrySun:
Oh! Thank you so much, sir. Error corrected. God bless you, sir. smiley
smiley smiley Amen. you too cool
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by essay7(m): 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2015
pls how do I get in touch with the person I was paired with
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2015
essay7:
pls how do I get in touch with the person I was paired with
send him/her a pm or tag the person here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnspurgeon014:

Brilliant. smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LarrySun(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
Happy birthday to you, Firestar. Many happy returns.

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by PureEvanescence(f): 12:45am On Nov 12, 2015
Start it. In whatever way it comes to you. Do not pay attention to form or structure or anything whatsoever, just write. A page, two pages, let it breathe. Read it after two days, you'll unconsciously edit. Send to someone who knows about writing, get their feedback and corrections. Read the edited version, you'll be happy with your creation and you'll want to write some more. But you'll never know until you start.
SirWere:
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by SlimAdenike(f): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
I'm searching for a novel called the palm wine drinkard written by author Amos Tutuola.

Anybody heard of it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (725) (Reply)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!! / Letting Go By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.