Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) (19197 Views)

Akute-Alagbole Road Re-construction: My Thoughts / Re-construction Of Ijebu-ode Road: Ogun Governor Bows To Common Sense / Rehabilitation Of Enugu-PH Road Raises Hope On Enugu-Onitsha Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by dedeike: 1:29am On Aug 01, 2012
swaggerific:

I think its callous for you guys to be attacking this guy like this. Leave him alone jor. He stated an opinion, you all should either respect it or ignore it. Why all the severely personal attacks on the guy. I dunno who this dedeike guy is neither do I give 2 fukcs about him but its just wrong what you guys are doing to him.

I know you all are as passionate as I am about Niger, but attack him based on the policies he is championing or the validity of his statements but not stripping him naked on Nairaland. I will even join in debating some of the "facts" he laid posted on here.
grin grin grin grin grin. I feel like a king. Or a James Bond of some sort. You know when people ascribe to you some status you could ever imagine, it makes you feel real good,
DEDEIKE-the nightmare.. From laptop 15 to Reno omokri's boy then to senator's son, and I'm waiting to be promoted to Goodluck Jonathan's younger brother. That's the hallmark. grin grin .
I can't wait.
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by jmaine: 1:31am On Aug 01, 2012
dedeike:
grin grin grin grin grin. I feel like a king. Or a James Bond of some sort. You know when people ascribe to you some status you could ever imagine, it makes you feel real good,
DEDEIKE-the nightmare.. From laptop 15 to Reno omokri's boy then to senator's son, and I'm waiting to be promoted to Goodluck Jonathan's younger brother. That's the hallmark. grin grin .
I can't wait.

Niggas fear what they don't understand, hate what they can't conquer . . .You get the drift wink . . .
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by dayokanu(m): 1:57am On Aug 01, 2012
dedeike: Any impeachment threat or move will fly away in the face of these remarkable achievements in one year.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park,[size=18pt] Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin,[/size] ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

Nigeria: Ibadan-Ilorin Road Dualisation Project Threatened
By Rasaq Yusuf, [size=18pt]2 December 2002 [/size]

Comment
Ibadan — Landlords and farmers whose property were affected by the on-going dualisation of Ibadan-Ilorin road have petitioned President Olusegun Obasanjo over non-payment of compensations, threatening to disrupt the project if nothing is done now.

The landlords and farmers who were in Oyo State governor's office, Friday to present a letter for on-ward delivery to President Obasanjo vowed to disrupt the project if federal government failed to yield to their request.
http://allafrica.com/stories/200212060043.html

Dedeike, May the gods of your land punish you . The contract that was awarded in year 2000 and the road already in use as at 2007 is what you are now telling us lies about?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Demdem(m): 2:24am On Aug 01, 2012
Again, I wonder at times who the better liar is. Abati or Dedeike undecided
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by johnlittle: 2:27am On Aug 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Dedeike, May the gods of your land punish you . The contract that was awarded in year 2000 and the road already in use as at 2007 is what you are now telling us lies about?

True, Obasanjo started that road but since last year the ministry of works have been working on the dualisation. My problem with the op is that he should differiantiante the ones that this regime started and the ones that they took. Over. It will be easier for understanding
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Aug 01, 2012
johnlittle:

True, Obasanjo started that road but since last year the ministry of works have been working on the dualisation. My problem with the op is that he should differiantiante the ones that this regime started and the ones that they took. Over. It will be easier for understanding

huh? dualization was done and then dualization is starting again? How many times dem they take dualize the same road?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by dayokanu(m): 4:17am On Aug 01, 2012
johnlittle:

Nigeria: Ibadan-Ilorin Road Dualisation Project Threatened
By Rasaq Yusuf, [size=16pt]2 December 2002 [/size]

Comment
Ibadan — Landlords and farmers whose property were affected by the on-going dualisation of Ibadan-Ilorin road have petitioned President Olusegun Obasanjo over non-payment of compensations, threatening to disrupt the project if nothing is done now.

The landlords and farmers who were in Oyo State governor's office, Friday to present a letter for on-ward delivery to President Obasanjo vowed to disrupt the project if federal government failed to yield to their request.

So which dualisation again? or how many dualisation
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by swaggerific: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2012
dedeike:
I can't wait.

You sef no dey talk wetin you no dey sure of
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Mekusnwa: 8:46am On Aug 01, 2012
Naijagunner83: Away from this ranting and cursing, Arsenal Legend Thierry Henry has said that The North London Giants can survive the exit of Captain Robin Van Persie.
Henry: Arsenal can cope if Van Persie leaves - Goal.com

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry hopes Robin van Persie stays at the club but believes the Gunners are more than capable of coping if the forward departs.

Van Persie, 28, has been heavily linked with a move away after revealing a desire to leave the club earlier in the summer, with Manchester United, Manchester City and Serie A giants Juventus all interested in a move for the Dutchman.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger remains hopeful of holding on to his star striker but Henry is unsure whether the player will remain at the club.

"We hope he stays and that's the way it is," the Frenchman told Sky Sports News.

"I don't know exactly what is happening but as an Arsenal fan I want him to stay.

"He is still an Arsenal player and the boss has to deal with it. I just want Arsenal to do well. Robin will do what he will do and we'll see.

"When I left, everybody cried, but then the year after they went on a run of being eight points ahead. Everyone comes and goes."

Van Persie has less than a year remaining on his existing contract with the Gunners and has insisted he does not intend to extend his deal beyond the end of the current season.
Confirm! If he wants to leave, let him gom
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by ujchief(m): 9:06am On Aug 01, 2012
dayokanu:

the lies are unending, they'll descend to an all time low to sell a snail as a tortoise!
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by ujchief(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2012
johnlittle:

u're asking too much from them. U actually expect a leopard to change its spots?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by banki(m): 9:34am On Aug 01, 2012
@dedike it doesnt change the fact that our roads are very very bad,just last week the same lagos_benin_ore road recorded a ghastly motor accident simply due to the state of the road,that the contract has been awarded and reawarded by various governments since obj, to yaradua, to jonathan, the lokoja abuja road is still the way it has been and you named it as a massive road project, i wouldnt call you a paid agent of this administration rather i would call you a "blind supporter" if they have ears let them do whats right thats all nigerians ask of them the moneies they throw around everyday, with the money we earn as a nation it is not too much to ask,
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Demdem(m): 9:58am On Aug 01, 2012
banki: @dedike it doesnt change the fact that our roads are very very bad,just last week the same lagos_benin_ore road recorded a ghastly motor accident simply due to the state of the road,that the contract has been awarded and reawarded by various governments since obj, to yaradua, to jonathan, the lokoja abuja road is still the way it has been and you named it as a massive road project, i wouldnt call you a paid agent of this administration rather i would call you a "blind supporter" if they have ears let them do whats right thats all nigerians ask of them the moneies they throw around everyday, with the money we earn as a nation it is not too much to ask,

This same Benin-ore road, i was opportune to pass the place on my way to lagos from PH just two days ago. I noticed that the job that has been done well is simply from Benin to the border end of Edo state (dont know the name of the town). The border town of Ondo to Ore is still not ok IMO. it needs the same touch that was done for the Benin axis. will examine how the other side will be when traveling back and probably take pictures if possible
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by ubandire(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2012
SMH
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Mandelaguy(m): 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
People can be funny and desperate...
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by lucom: 2:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
dedeike: Let me press the rewind button so as to put to shame all these shameless hirelings.

finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants  to reduce waste. The checks revealed the pension scam of over 120 billion. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.

In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum  industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, rehabilitation of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass  to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In  Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70. 

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

In power, the NIPP has been revived with the subsequent refurbishment of Afam, Alaoji, Calabar, GEREGU, Omotosho, papalanto power plants. This has led to the addition last December of 4,000 megawatts from barely 1700 to the national grid. To address the problem of distribution,  the 18 successor companies have been slated for privatization.  The media is already awash with news of the proposed privatization next week. The reforms include the review of tariffs in order to ensure a cost reflective tariff that will encourage private sector participation in the building of gas plants. Already, this has started yielding dividends as SPDC has commenced processes towards building a gas plant in IMO state.

Some people called you a liar here and just as I was trying to be objective and read through other comments I saw this. At the bolded, Ibadan to Ilorin road has been completed from Ogbomoso-Fiditi-Ibadan end as far back as 2006 while I was still schooling in Ilorin while the last leg through Eyenkorin and Ilorin axis was close to commpletion. Please in the name of God tell me how this should be listed as an achievement for GEJ, a road that has opened to the public since late 2008. Also the claim "rehabilitation of Onitsha-Enugu road" is a wicked lie that resonates the morbid penchant for deceit that this administration and its irritable defenders are known for. Dedeike you don't need a visa to travel to Enugu just pack and get on the road and see the wickedness that this administration has been using you advertise. YOU ARE A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by EreluY(f): 2:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
kutchs: And what proves that the road in the pix is actually Enugu-PH road? Is there any thing captured on the pix to prove it.

Regardless of whether or not this is the Enugu-PH Road, the fact that you have this type of road in Nigeria - a country which is the largest oil producing country in Africa and the 11th largest oil producing country in the entire world - is simply a shame.

1 Like

Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Mandelaguy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2012
lucom:

Some people called you a liar here and just as I was trying to be objective and read through other comments I saw this. At the bolded, Ibadan to Ilorin road has been completed from Ogbomoso-Fiditi-Ibadan end as far back as 2006 while I was still schooling in Ilorin while the last leg through Eyenkorin and Ilorin axis was close to COMPLETION.
It is this completion that they did not do. Which Jonathan is doing. You must admit that he did not say Jonathan started the road. And I would want you to equally deploy this constructive analysis to appraise the other projects he mentioned
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by OperaMini1(m): 4:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
[b][/b]
"In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, rehabilitation of ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few".

I think this is the most wicked lie anybody could tell. a). Why are you talking about Owerri-Onitsha Road completion here? If not for incompetence, CCC should have left that road since 2009, when Julius Berger their partner that did the Imo state portion of the road vacated the site after completing their job. Should i remind you that it was Obasanjo that awarded that contract. b). 9th mile, i guess it's the one in Enugu state. Be informed that my hometown is barely 5 minutes from that 9th mile, so i still wonder what 'massive construction' is going on there, as i was there on sunday (3 days ago). 3). rehabilitation of ENUGU-Onitsha, please Nigerians, that road is a mockery of anything rehabilitation, a dual carriage way had been turned to a one-lane road, which is nothing short of a death trap. From Upper Iweka in Onitsha to Nkpor, to Ogbunike old toll gate, down to Amansea in Awka, you'll feel sorry for these bunch of liars.
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Aug 01, 2012
Mandelaguy:
It is this completion that they did not do. Which Jonathan is doing. You must admit that he did not say Jonathan started the road. And I would want you to equally deploy this constructive analysis to appraise the other projects he mentioned

lucom: Some people called you a liar here and just as I was trying to be objective and read through other comments I saw this. At the bolded, Ibadan to Ilorin road has been completed from Ogbomoso-Fiditi-Ibadan end as far back as 2006 while I was still schooling in Ilorin while the last leg through Eyenkorin and Ilorin axis was close to commpletion. Please in the name of God tell me how this should be listed as an achievement for GEJ, a road that has opened to the public since late 2008. Also the claim "rehabilitation of Onitsha-Enugu road" is a wicked lie that resonates the morbid penchant for deceit that this administration and its irritable defenders are known for. Dedeike you don't need a visa to travel to Enugu just pack and get on the road and see the wickedness that this administration has been using you advertise. YOU ARE A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

I believe you can read. At at 2006 The Eyenkorin-Ilorin leg was close to completion and the road has been open to public since 2008.

So what part did Retardeen Jonathan play in it
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2012
billante: Una go jump fast to go and snap where roads are bad but will turn blind eye and hiss when [color=#006600][/color]una pass tru d ones dat has been reconstructed and good! The benin-ore expressway,nobody is talk about that one again because it is getting better!
are things really that bad that some1 who is entitled to a full loaf of bread is given a quater and when he complains is chastised for ungratefulness!!! Nigerians deserve 100% good roads. Don't expect them to be happy that they got 25%.
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by OperaMini1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
Mandelaguy: And I passed through that same road that same road twice in 3 days between,yes the road is bad,but you will not deny the fact that on the left side if you are coming to Umuahia,that road construction has started,also coming from port harcourt on the left side is massively undergoing construction,which is what Dedeike was pointing out.

And you could swear that you saw on site, the contractor(s) doing these 'massive constructions'?
Re: 'Massive Re-construction' Of Enugu/PH Expressway (Pic) by EteFlexible: 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2012
The contractors are working that i know because most of these roads i passed them while some are under construction but you don't expect a miracle over nite especially when you pass a particular route all the time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Happy 76th Birthday To President Buhari, His Profile And Biography / Which Of These Presidential Candidates Have Impressed You So Far? / Feminist Coalition Publishes Audited Accounts Of #EndSARS Donations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.