Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203029 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Funseeka(m): 1:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
Spyder880

I will really appreciate to have your comments on this. What is really the major difference between foreign and locally made building iron rods in respect of quality and how do you physically differentiate them? Again, how do you identify the best quality among the different varieties of the locally made iron rod? Please do justice to this question with your usual professional touch.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
Funseeka: Spyder880

I will really appreciate to have your comments on this. What is really the major difference between foreign and locally made building iron rods in respect of quality and how do you physically differentiate them? Again, how do you identify the best quality among the different varieties of the locally made iron rod? Please do justice to this question with your usual professional touch.

Let me see if I can find samples and take their pictures, things like this are better explained with the aid of images.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by lacord5: 8:52am On Aug 22, 2012
Hi Spyder, can I have your mail add
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2012
All my attempts to load pictures last night failed. I will try again later this evening. The rains have been helping to sink our foundation in this site, but we have plans to arrange for much more water by tomorrow.
I might commence the making of blocks for the next stage by this weekend. We are still committed to speedy delivery of this project within the time frame stipulated.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
spyder880: All my attempts to load pictures last night failed. I will try again later this evening. The rains have been helping to sink our foundation in this site, but we have plans to arrange for much more water by tomorrow.
I might commence the making of blocks for the next stage by this weekend. We are still committed to speedy delivery of this project within the time frame stipulated.
Well done bross! I don't know how you handle all this projects and still have time to update readers almost daily.
I guess nature has it's own mind. You need the rain to help sink the foundation but need the Sun almost at the same time to mold more blocks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2012
prince_onx:
Well done bross! I don't know how you handle all this projects and still have time to update readers almost daily.
I guess nature has it's own mind. You need the rain to help sink the foundation but need the Sun almost at the same time to mold more blocks.

My brother its not easy at all, but building is my passion so even at the risk of missing sleep and food, I still continue to press forward for results.
As for the rains, we try to time our operations to suit the weather. Right now I am ensuring I have enough sands to mold much more blocks and supply of gravel. The roads can get very slippery when the rains come.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by tony13: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Please sir what is the depth of the foundation ,please reply
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
tony13: Please sir what is the depth of the foundation ,please reply

3ft in the shallow places and 4ft in column bases.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Aug 22, 2012
starting the internal plumbing works, these were done yesterday

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Aug 22, 2012
some of the fittings

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Aug 22, 2012
these will be swallowed by the blocks

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
moree

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:41pm On Aug 22, 2012
jdvjdsjjbv

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
you may have noticed that the filling is complete

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Aug 22, 2012
back line

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2012
waiting for more rains

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
these plumbing pipes will pass right through the lintels and continue upwards to transport waste from the upper floors to the ground
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
Funseeka: Spyder880

Foreign made rods are believed to be tougher in comparison with our locally made rods and steel generally. Foreign rods are also more expensive than local ones. Nigerians dont enforce standards in many products and it shows in the quality of rods in our markets, let me now use pictures to explain the rest.

This first picture is locally made in Oshogbo, Nigeria. Sometimes the gauge (thickness,girth) is incomplete.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2012
There are markings on this rod to show its make or manufacturers trade mark, but rust will not allow us to see it clearly. I love to use fresh rods not rusted, keeps my mind at rest.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Aug 22, 2012
Another way of knowing the strength of rods is to cut it with a cutting machine, the easier it is to cut, the more indication that it might be inferior, foreign rods are reputed to be tougher to cut, this picture shows a rod I am cutting

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2012
and this is what I got, a look at the inside of a rod,

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2012
This is the only piece of foreign rod I could find

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
look carefully at this rod bundle

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
what I want you to note is the markings, this is universal steel products, complete gauge and neat product.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
I first ask of these to buy before settling for any other second choice if they are not available.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
lacord5: Hi Spyder, can I have your mail add

You can reach me with ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Aventures(m): 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2012
When iron is hard to cut doesnt make it imported or a good iron because such iron lacks melleability and elasticity property. Such iron is brittle and have been attributed to sudden collapse. The essence of reinforcement in concrete is to give it some elasticity nature and resist tensional stress. The no 1 option of knowing a quality iron is by conducting a lab test d strenght of imported iron is up to 460KN while some local may be up to 400KN. Meanwhile 4 physical identificatn we check d lenght, diameter, producer's mark, melleability. Imported iron are slighly brownish in colour, 12m in lenght, accurate diameter, easy to bend, the faces often painted to protect them from rusting while on sea and finally d twist on it are finer and regular

2 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 7:44pm On Aug 25, 2012
Aventures: When iron is hard to cut doesnt make it imported or a good iron because such iron lacks melleability and elasticity property. Such iron is brittle and have been attributed to sudden collapse. The essence of reinforcement in concrete is to give it some elasticity nature and resist tensional stress. The no 1 option of knowing a quality iron is by conducting a lab test d strenght of imported iron is up to 460KN while some local may be up to 400KN. Meanwhile 4 physical identificatn we check d lenght, diameter, producer's mark, melleability. Imported iron are slighly brownish in colour, 12m in lenght, accurate diameter, easy to bend, the faces often painted to protect them from rusting while on sea and finally d twist on it are finer and regular

Very good points my man. I believe this has thrown more light on the issue and we all will benefit from these added inputs. Thats why two heads will always be better than one. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Jussi(m): 8:21pm On Aug 25, 2012
Aventures,you will be a better person the day you learn to make your points without having to sound confrontational.

For your info, Spyder880 remains the best cheesy

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Cultured(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2012
Jussi: Aventures,you will be a better person the day you learn to make your points without having to sound confrontational.

For your info, Spyder880 remains the best cheesy

You sounded like a sycophant . Where did Aventures go wrong in his analysis on the subject under discussion?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Jussi(m): 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2012
I won't engage you in any exchanges son
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Aventures(m): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2012
@Jussi, i am sorry if my response seems confrontational. The topic in question is my area of intrest and it is calld engrg science. So i just tot i shld share my knowledge for purpose of learning. No man is island of knowledge, i am also learning frm spyder880 most especially in d area of cost mgt wout compromising standard. @spyder880 and cultured tanx for understanding.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.