Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (203269 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by eghosajohnny: 8:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Donbrig: @spyder880, we all thank you for all the good work. I am about to embark on a building project of 8flats (2 bedroom each) in G.R.A Benin City. My contractor is advicing me to mold 9inches blocks. Pls, what are the differences or impacts between 5, 6, and 9 inches blocks when building?

Hello sir,I am a builder from naira land and would appreciate if you will give the chance to work for you as your builder.
Here is my phone number 07031886484 BBM pin 3123DD40.
kindly reply me on this as i await your candid reply.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
Donbrig: @spyder880, we all thank you for all the good work. I am about to embark on a building project of 8flats (2 bedroom each) in G.R.A Benin City. My contractor is advicing me to mold 9inches blocks. Pls, what are the differences or impacts between 5, 6, and 9 inches blocks when building?

It all depends on what your structural engineer specified for this location, always contained in the building plans.

My own advice is this, since you are doing 8 flats, and it might get to 3 floors? Then you must use 9" blocks for bigger concrete columns which will bear the loads of the upper floors.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by gbadexy(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
Oga spyder,
I knew this moniker through a client you also assisted in getting his duplex built and recommended an impressive 10.5 meters king posts roof tiles for at osogbo.
I supplied the client exterior screeding plaster and want to supply him satin paint.
I've since been following you and I'm even more impressed with your work experience in building construction.
Whenever you need good quality paints, screeding putty and fire retardant mineral paints, please do get across to ♍ƺ. I make and supply paints and do on site production also under the brand name of CROWN paints.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by mufutau55(m): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
Welcome back from holiday, Oga Spyder man.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:56am On Dec 29, 2013
gbadexy: Oga spyder,
I knew this moniker through a client you also assisted in getting his duplex built and recommended an impressive 10.5 meters king posts roof tiles for at osogbo.
I supplied the client exterior screeding plaster and want to supply him satin paint.
I've since been following you and I'm even more impressed with your work experience in building construction.
Whenever you need good quality paints, screeding putty and fire retardant mineral paints, please do get across to ♍ƺ. I make and supply paints and do on site production also under the brand name of CROWN paints.

Yes I know this client, no, a friend and has been to this location in Osogbo. I will remember to ask you for the screeding and painting products, welcome.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:04am On Dec 29, 2013
mufutau55: Welcome back from holiday, Oga Spyder man.

Hajji Mufutau

Thank you Sir, I am back to take stock of 2013 operations, to round off the remaining projects and make plans for 2014 projects. The rest was very refreshing. We start working in some sites from Monday.

The 6 flats need a roof
The 2 bedroom block of flats needs a German floor
The Owerri duplex needs to be screeded and painted
The single rooms needs roofing sheets
The Elegant duplex in PH needs walls and lintels
The BQ at Ebonyi needs to be fitted out with windows, doors and tiles
We are planning to start a residential estate in Enugu (we plan to start this in the first week of 2014)
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by gbadexy(m): 7:11am On Dec 29, 2013
Great! Following this thread and subsequent ones bumper to bumper.
I'm based in lagos but can supply or do on-site production anywhere.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Donbrig: 8:56am On Dec 29, 2013
spyder880:

It all depends on what your structural engineer specified for this location, always contained in the building plans.

My own advice is this, since you are doing 8 flats, and it might get to 3 floors? Then you must use 9" blocks for bigger concrete columns which will bear the loads of the upper floors.

I thank you very much, I am gonna mould 9 inches blocks. Yes, it will be up to 3 floors. Happy New Year in advance and God bless.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Donbrig: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2013
eghosa johnny:

Hello sir,I am a builder from naira land and would appreciate if you will give the chance to work for you as your builder.
Here is my phone number 07031886484 BBM pin 3123DD40.
kindly reply me on this as i await your candid reply.

Ok, you could reach me via e-mail (donalddrill@yahoo.co.uk) and detail me more about your experience, age and what exactly you can do as a builder. I will definitely get to you via mail or meet you in Benin one of these weekends after the New Year. Happy New Year in advance and thank you for your interest.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Dayoagboola: 3:25am On Dec 31, 2013
spyder880:
Yes I know this client, no, a friend and has been to this location in Osogbo. I will remember to ask you for the screeding and painting products, welcome.
Wow!.That's a Spyder-inspired house. A lot of people on here are now inspired to start something just by following your threads. Thank you Prof Spyder. May God continue to bless you and your family for every good deed you do.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Dayoagboola:
Wow!.That's a Spyder-inspired house. A lot of people on here are now inspired to start something just by following your threads. Thank you Prof Spyder. May God continue to bless you and your family for every good deed you do.

Knowing you has greatly enriched my life and only God can reward you. May God give you a new year 2014 loaded with so much blessing that you will be a distributor of favour to mankind. Thank you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:07am On Dec 31, 2013
We are still working on the soak away/septic tank system of this house, we plan to start moving doors, windows and other fittings into this site as soon as the markets start early next year. But the excavation is ongoing now, more pictures as soon as I visit the site.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by gbadexy(m): 6:33am On Dec 31, 2013
@prof spyder
Oga Dayoagboola is sure a distributor of favour.
I wish everyone here a prosperous 2014.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Seewealth(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
spyder880: We are still working on the soak away/septic tank system of this house, we plan to start moving doors, windows and other fittings into this site as soon as the markets start early next year. But the excavation is ongoing now, more pictures as soon as I visit the site.
Please I want to know which one is better: to mold blocks yourself or to buy blocks for ones house. thanks.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Meritgoal(m): 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
spyder880:

Thank you Sir, I am back to take stock of 2013 operations, to round off the remaining projects and make plans for 2014 projects. The rest was very refreshing. We start working in some sites from Monday.

The 6 flats need a roof
The 2 bedroom block of flats needs a German floor
The Owerri duplex needs to be screeded and painted
The single rooms needs roofing sheets
The Elegant duplex in PH needs walls and lintels
The BQ at Ebonyi needs to be fitted out with windows, doors and tiles
We are planning to start a residential estate in Enugu (we plan to start this in the first week of 2014)

Kudos to you Mr spyder, more grace to your elbow.
We can supply stone coated roofing tiles for the roofing of the six flats building and Marine plywood for form work on the Enugu residential estate project. We look forward to do business with you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by bugmenot: 4:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
spyder880: We are still working on the soak away/septic tank system of this house, we plan to start moving doors, windows and other fittings into this site as soon as the markets start early next year. But the excavation is ongoing now, more pictures as soon as I visit the site.

Do you have a rough idea what the soak away & sceptic tank construction will cost?

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Chekitaut: 8:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Seewealth: Please I want to know which one is better: to mold blocks yourself or to buy blocks for ones house. thanks.
Vibrated is better than hand mold, You can never compare what a machine compact to what hand compact. hand mold is cheap but columns will be applied more to the building.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by tlops(m): 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy New year Guys!

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:00am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year to all my friends here, may this new year 2014 bring to your lives;

PEACE
JOY
GOOD HEALTH
WEALTH
HAPPINESS
UPLIFTMENT
FAVOR
MANIFESTATION OF GOD'S WORK
MERRIMENT
UNPRECEDENTED SUCCESS

GOD BE WITH YOU ALL.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:12pm On Jan 01, 2014
I was in this site to see the level of works in the soak away tank section, and it was no surprise to me that we hit some ground water at around 9 feet.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
FLASHBACK!

This was in the Port Harcourt mansion, I saw hell for a few days trying to construct the same soak away tank there, massive ground water seepage as we dig, we had to keep a pumping machine handy as we work.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2014
......and the walls of earth was so unstable that it caved in at some point, so I cast the soak away tank 100% with concrete, but the problem did not stop. Lets leave the story, the challenge and how I later solved the problem for another thread...... at a later date. We won the war there, we shall win here cheesy

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kostadinis: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
spyder880: I was in this site to see the level of works in the soak away tank section, and it was no surprise to me that we hit some ground water at around 9 feet.

Ground water around 9 feet! Enugu urban residents will be filled with envy seeing those pix.

I guess the farmers are taking advantage of the easy access to under ground water there.

Btw, Chairman, what's the distance from Ohaozara to Abakaliki city?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by gabbytabby: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
spyder880: ......and the walls of earth was so unstable that it caved in at some point, so I cast the soak away tank 100% with concrete, but the problem did not stop. Lets leave the story, the challenge and how I later solved the problem for another thread...... at a later date. We won the war there, we shall win here cheesy

Wow some of these places are worse than Ajah cos we went 8 ft without any underground water problems.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:43pm On Jan 02, 2014
kostadinis:

Ground water around 9 feet! Enugu urban residents will be filled with envy seeing those pix.

I guess the farmers are taking advantage of the easy access to under ground water there.

Btw, Chairman, what's the distance from Ohaozara to Abakaliki city?

Ohaozara is far from Abakaliki, at least 50 kilometers of not so good roads in between.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
gabbytabby:

Wow some of these places are worse than Ajah cos we went 8 ft without any underground water problems.

Its true, now I have to take extra precautions for the flooring and septic tank walls else it will become a pond later.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by kostadinis: 10:53pm On Jan 04, 2014
gabbytabby:

I never knew it's possible to dig that far at Ajah without underground water.
It is surprising that an area which shares similar features with Liverpool Estate, Satellite town, could be that 'dry'. We can't dig 3 feet there without water. You guys are lucky.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by gabbytabby: 11:11pm On Jan 04, 2014
kostadinis:

I never knew it's possible to dig that far at Ajah without underground water.
It is surprising that an area which shares similar features with Liverpool Estate, Satellite town, could be that 'dry'. We can't dig 3 feet there without water. You guys are lucky.

That is the misconception. It always depends on the area.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Ezemistic: 4:43am On Jan 05, 2014
Hello Mr SPYDER880, I need your inspiration to start a project for me & my family in Abuja. The plan has been drawn, i would lik to share it with you, if possible contract the job to you to make it easy for me to finance it within a year... Pls inbox me your contact infos (email or phone no or bbm). Thanks...

ezeodozie@gmail.com
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ezemistic: Hello Mr SPYDER880, I need your inspiration to start a project for me & my family in Abuja. The plan has been drawn, i would lik to share it with you, if possible contract the job to you to make it easy for me to finance it within a year... Pls inbox me your contact infos (email or phone no or bbm). Thanks...

ezeodozie@gmail.com

You can reach me on 08033350750 or ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by DUNKA(m): 3:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
spyder880:

Long time my man grin

Well, because of the fear of the voltage it should always be "earthed" the full procedure will be applied to make it safe. When I say underneath, I mean just under the roofing sheets, laid on the wood and passed above the ceiling outside the room down to the earthing prepared for it.
Goodday please what is d cost of d copper flat bar that runs from d lightening arrestor at d top of d roof to d grounding mat? Is it sold in yards/ meters or as a set?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
DUNKA: Goodday please what is d cost of d copper flat bar that runs from d lightening arrestor at d top of d roof to d grounding mat? Is it sold in yards/ meters or as a set?

N400 for a feet , 12 inches.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.